• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

CaptainAmerica

Smash Master
NNID
TomOfHyrule
Well, here’s hoping it’s worth the wait. I think based on the skipped blog posts that we’re probably only getting one trailer and maybe an echo, but that’s still more than we had before. I’m still thinking Skull Kid or Incineroar and Isabelle are likely.
Pity it’s unlikely to be Dovahkiin and Tails...

I’ve got a class during that time so I’m not gonna get to see this live, but that’s fine. I really don’t need to see Nintendo’s full lineup in trailer form. All I need is a list of what got revealed and then I can look up the trailers I want to see.

Apart from Smash, I’m interested to see if they finally put the champions into HW as DLC. Yeah it’s older at this point, but it’s too perfect of an opportunity. I also saw on the Tails thread that Sega’s rereleasing Sonic 2, which was my first game ever and I’d love to play again.

Consodering Super Mario Party is coming out at the beginning of October, I’d guess that would be involved. And we already know about Megaman 11, Ubi’s Star Fox, and Civ 6.

Good luck everyone! At least we know that some people are gonna be really happy...and others are gonna be really salty...

Sigran101

Smash Master
NNID
Sigran101
Hi, person that will be directly affected by Florence here:

I'd rather it not be, and it won't be because it's not affecting Japan.
Nintendo of America is not going to be hit by Hurricane Florence Henderson.

Knew it would be delayed by one week.

It was a joke.

D

Deleted member

I didn't put much effort into my post cause I figured you'd do this and it's what I love about you m8

But yeah no, all I'm saying is that while unlikely it's not impossible. I was never trying to make an argument despite you seeing everything as one, and I'm not missing the goal on purpose, I'm making a guess for ****s and giggles based on potentials and the fact that it would be the best time to announce Animal Crossing which would make it a good time to talk about Isabelle if ever despite what they've "previously done", and it is fun for me despite how you like to stubbornly see everything

Any questions

I'm genuinely having fun with the thought and I don't care if you disagree with that haha

EDIT: Nah feel free to criticize that's part of the fun, I would never stop you from doing that because I'm not some ******* on the internet that tries to censor anyone. I'm down for criticism just like anyone should be.
All I did was present evidence as to why I bekleve your prediction is extremely unlikely. If you're gonna go about it just being for fun then I have all the right to have fun in this game too. You share a prediction, I make an argument against it, you should then make a counterargument if you don't agree with me, that's how the game works, not by shutting my post down with "it's just for fun".
You're the one taking this too seriously and seeing me as being an asshole.

Over9000BPM

Smash Ace
I think that's a bit of a unfair thing to say. Just because someone strongly disagrees with something I've said doesn't mean they're offended.
Just means that they think a different way.

I guarantee you that this matters very little in the grand scheme of things.
Trust me, I know the difference ;)

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
All I did was present evidence as to why I bekleve your prediction is extremely unlikely. If you're gonna go about it just being for fun then I have all the right to have fun in this game too. You share a prediction, I make an argument against it, you should then make a counterargument if you don't agree with me, that's how the game works, not by shutting my post down with "it's just for fun".
You're the one taking this too seriously and seeing me as being an *******.
Oh, sorry if it came across as me calling you an asshole, but I wasn't trying to. I genuinely was trying to respond with "I really didn't have much a reason behind it but I genuinely don't think that something not happening before is a strong argument for it never happening either", but I used more words. The part about being a jackass was because I was just simply trying to say I'm not a jackass, but I didn't realize it would come across as me calling you that, so I apologize, genuinely.

As far making an argument, I literally wasn't trying to argue about it in the first place, but you did present an argument against it and I did present a counter argument- if you'd like to take it to PMs or something as to not clutter the thread, that's cool.

But in summary I was just disagreeing about the lack of something happening in the past is actual evidence of something not happening in the future if nothing explicitly prevents it.

I really am not taking this offensively or anything, I promise. Sorry if you took it that way, dude! I have no ill will against you.
I got excited about someone countering me for once (again) so I may have misspoke and said something ambiguously rude, which tends to happen when I get excited haha.

Last edited:

T-Hell

Smash Lord
Let's play that game from a few pages ago:

I'm excited about :ultkrool::ultsimon::ultdaisy::ultridley:
I find nice to see :ultdarksamus::ultinkling::ultrichter:
I couldn't care less about :ultchrom:

D

Deleted member

Oh, sorry if it came across as me calling you an *******, but I wasn't trying to. I genuinely was trying to respond with "I really didn't have much a reason behind it but I genuinely don't think that something not happening before is a strong argument for it never happening either", but I used more words. The part about being a ******* was because I was just simply trying to say I'm not a *******, but I didn't realize it would come across as me calling you that, so I apologize, genuinely.

As far making an argument, I literally wasn't trying to argue about it in the first place, but you did present an argument against it and I did present a counter argument- if you'd like to take it to PMs or something as to not clutter the thread, that's cool.

But in summary I was just disagreeing about the lack of something happening in the past is actual evidence of something not happening in the future if nothing explicitly prevents it.

I really am not taking this offensively or anything, I promise. Sorry if you took it that way, dude! I have no ill will against you.
Oh, I apologize for misreading your post then. Don't see a reason to take this to PMs when it was simply a case of miscommunication.

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
Only care about because he might be a better Roy :ultchrom:
Couldn't care less :ultdaisy:
Rest are cool

CodeBlue_

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW-2347-7011-5339
I'm gonna repost the list I made on Reddit of all of the possible candidates for the purple and yellow chair theory:

Skull Kid (obviously)
Spyro
Hilda (link between worlds)
Big the Cat
Rouge the Bat
Waluigi
Ivy Valentine
Shantae (hot)
Ravio
Nabbit
Rose (Street Fighter)
Hsien ko
Rayman
Nights
Crobat
Kefka
Neo Cortex
Lolipop Chainsaw
Blaze the Cat
Gengar
Menat (very hot)

Yes I actually did this. Yes, I will make avatar bets related to this list. The bolded ones I am going to bet on possibly showing up. Feel free to bet for any other character (even one I missed) :p

Last edited:

Izayoi

zzz
NNID
iza-tomato
Oh, let me participate in that game from a few pages too:

EXCITE: :ultinkling::ultchrom:
NICE: :ultkrool::ultsimon::ultrichter:
COOL: :ultridley::ultdarksamus:
It's Daisy: :ultdaisy:

Last edited:

Q-Long

Smash Lord
What bad guys do you think we will see?

A side from Ganondorf, Bowser, Bowser Jr./Koopa Siblings, Ridley, K Rool, Wario, King Dedede, Mewtwo (?), Dark Samus, and Wolf a lot of potential echoes (or just palett swaps) can be bad guys. Which I can see happening too.

Liquid Snake, Evil Ryu / Akuma, Shadow, Grima/Fell Robin, Dark Link, Blood Falcon / Black Shadow, etc. just because I notice a huge bad guy focus. Then Skull Kid has a chance as a newcomer as well.

Then there are boss monsters like Dracula and Master Hand too.

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
Oh, I apologize for misreading your post then. Don't see a reason to take this to PMs when it was simply a case of miscommunication.
Was just offering the possibility in case you still felt like I slighted you or that you wanted to have a genuine argument about the subject matter in general or anything.

I'm very very loose when it comes to my speculative style and try not to adhere to any particular limitations which allows me to say particularly controversial things that tend to be on the right track (such me approximately predicting the Smash Direct announcement happening the Sunday of EVO), so I understand when people get really up in arms about what I'm predicting and I welcome that discourse because then it allows the other person and I to potentially refine what may be going on, which is good for everyone.

Thank you for being understanding.

Last edited:

Moydow

The fairest of them all
BRoomer
Excited about: :ultphoenixwright: (soon, right? most of the newcomers so far haven't done much for me)
Nice to have: :ultchrom: :ultsimon: :ultrichter:
Don't care about but happy for their fans: the rest

Dr. Jojo Phantasma

The Chessmaster
It won't happen, but just imagine waking up tomorrow to read the direct got delayed again because of Hurricane Florence. Oh boy we would have a huge ****storm on our hands. :p

Darkraid

Smash Champion
What if they give us free smash demo when u sign up for switch online?

Hahahaha expect salty tears

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
It won't happen, but just imagine waking up tomorrow to read the direct got delayed again because of Hurricane Florence. Oh boy we would have a huge ****storm on our hands. :p
It won't happen, but I can't help but feel bad for the Carolinas.

Not cause of the direct, but because this is gonna suck.

CodeBlue_

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW-2347-7011-5339
My thoughts on newcomers
:ultdaisy: - Stepped out of the bad part of 1980s fashion
:ultsimon: - our main man
:ultrichter: - our main boy
:ultridley: - cute in his meta suit :3
:ultkrool: - the absolute unit [love the memes]
:ultchrom: - please be better than roy competitively
:ultdarksamus: - see above but for Samus
:ultinkling: - woomy :)

Flynn__

Smash Journeyman
Don't expect too many Smash-related news. Spirits mode and those kind of things will probably be revealed during a Smash Direct and not in a general one. Although it's obvious we're getting a newcomer and I really hope it's Geno!!

SlickWylde

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1349-5237-9158
Newcomer hype:

NO FREAKING WAY! Yes!!: :ultkrool:
Wow, they finally did it! So happy for his longtime fans! Also, he looks bad###: :ultridley:

Oh, I guess the leak was right! Damn. Looks cool though: :ultsimon:

Makes sense. Not really my type of game or character style, but I see why they're in: :ultinkling:

Sure, whatever. Doesn't bother me, doesn't excite me: :ultdarksamus::ultdaisy::ultrichter::ultchrom:

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
Alright, going to say it right now, what I want from the direct when it come to Smash is a good ass trailer like :ultsimon:/:ultrichter: & :ultkrool:'s trailers were for whatever newcomers we will get.

Come on Nintendo, give me your best, that's all I ask.

The_Naraotor

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-1669-2956-1774
For me it was:

:ultinkling: Inkling meh don't care
:ultkrool: Finally a DK Villain YES
:ultdarksamus:OH MY FANTASTIC
:ultchrom: LOL you got your chance this time
:ultridley:OMG NOTHING IS IMPOSSIBLE ANYMORE HYPE ! Also kill all Mario Character ♥
:ultdaisy:Neat
:ultsimon::ultrichter: LIKE WHAT THE HELL HOLY COW :love:

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
Newcomer thoughts? Just based on my first thoughts on them.

:ultdaisy: - Neat. Cool alternative to Peach.
:ultkrool:- About time. He looks like a fun heavy. Might try him out.
:ultchrom: - To be honest I was just happy for Opossum Opossum . I'll probably play him every now and then.
:ultdarksamus: - I say that's my baby and I'm proud.
:ultrichter: - You're hot.....I mean....sure. That's cool. That's neat.
:ultsimon: - I'll give him a shot, but he's neither here nor there for me.
:ultridley: - About bloody ****ing time. Can't wait to give him a chance.
:ultinkling:- Well, duh.

AlphaSSB

Bring Back Star Fox
3DS FC
0018-1370-8449
Switch FC
0691-1639-9303
Might as well join the trend. Newcomers by excitement:
Excited: :ultridley:
Like: :ultinkling::ultkrool:
Neutral: :ultsimon::ultdarksamus::ultdaisy:
Dislike: :ultrichter::ultchrom:

Ridley was one of my most wanted, though I can think of a few other characters that I'd be more excited to see.

DevaAshera

Smash Champion
That's some dedication right there
I just hate the tropes where kids look exactly like their parents and are 'name Jr'. He's literally Baby Bowser with a bandanna and caused a retcon to make the Koopalings just minions instead of Bowser's children..

RileyXY1

Smash Hero
The fact that the Pikmin song got pulled ahead to this week makes me think that the new character to be revealed tomorrow is from a franchise that doesn't already have playable characters.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom