• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Untouch

Smash Master
Dracula's Castle didnt get a spotlight until a couple days after the direct.
Dark Pit got a memories post.

Luigi The President

Smash Hero
Last edited:

Shroob

Sup?
Again, taper your expectations of the 4th post.

Remember, after a Direct, we usually get a blog post saying "The site has been updated with the contents of the recent Direct" or something to that nature.

I'd love an Echo fighter reveal, but it's not likely with this info.

Nazyrus

Smash Champion
So the consensus is Thursday, yes? For the Direct.
yeah the splatoon thing pretty much hinted it and then nintendolife's sources are all saying the same so i guess it's a strong consensus at this point.

edit: this thread goes too damn fast lol

Last edited:

SmashingXan2

Smash Journeyman
I really like the more epic route all the music is going for, with orchestras for a lot of them. Makes me like all the music shown

D

Deleted member

Yeaaaaaah, as much as I'd like an Echo reveal because of my hopes for Isabelle, I don't think there's gonna be one at the Direct. My best guess on how the remainder of the reveals are gonna go is one character on Thursday, and a final info dump somewhere in between mid-October and early November. I'm honestly gonna be a little surprised if we don't know the full roster by around the second week of November.

Last edited by a moderator:

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
are you from the future? we havent had a pokemon remix yet
Tbh I have no idea how Pikmin got turned into Pokémon

...also we have had a Pokémon remix...it’s just not a sample

Last edited:

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Guys the numbered posts pretty much confirm we're only getting one character reveal and that's it. Temper your expectations.
My personal bet is Skull Kid. It was probably orginally going to be Isaac but decided to reveal him later due to his relation to earthquakes. Like I can only imagine how many people will be tastelessly saying how the earthquake predicted Isaac. Do we really need that...? :glare:

SebasSancy

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW 6766 2698 9475
Yep, was past wednesday at 11 pm Japan time (11 am for me)

Last edited:

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
I don't think this matters, but GameFaqs started obsessing over Kamek. I hope it stays, but it wont.
Kamek's debunked anyways due to appearing in an stage. Shame really because he'd be the second Yoshi rep and villain counterpart to Yoshi for that matter too.

Last edited:

Arcanir

An old friend evolved
NNID
Shoryu91
3DS FC
4253-4855-5860
Just checked the data behind the blog, the Pikmin music update is #146. Bowser's for reference was #142, which we know now was intended for later this week. That confirms that the Pikmin music wasn't for this week and they intentionally skipped to next week's music update, likely to hide whatever new character got music this week.

Last edited:

SmashChu

Banned via Warnings
I mean I'm just saying but she was just in Xenoblade 2, Torna is releasing soon, no new xenoblade content whatsoever and the amount of tracks the series had was never shown...Elma makes sense right about now
Just want to add something: Elma was a late addition to XC2. You can tell as her post battle lines for the other characters are reused. The new Katana blade doesn't have this issue. She was likely added due to the success of the pass.

I think if its a Xeno character, Rex will win out. Besides the fact its a sequel and Elma's game wasn't super popular in Japan, Pyra's English VA said she got new work the day after Ultimate was revealed. She is just starting her career so its not likely she's getting a ton of other work yet.

Poopyhead

Smash Cadet
everyone: the blog numbers indicate one newcomer, no more, no less, that's it

youtube: 4 NEW CHARACTERS THIS THURSDAY?! SKULL KID, ISAAC, GENO, AND BANJO-KAZOOIE LEAKED! (emotional)

PeridotGX

Smash Hero
NNID
Denoma5280

Loz18-Echo

Banned via Warnings
Just want to add something: Elma was a late addition to XC2. You can tell as her post battle lines for the other characters are reused. The new Katana blade doesn't have this issue. She was likely added due to the success of the pass.

I think if its a Xeno character, Rex will win out. Besides the fact its a sequel and Elma's game wasn't super popular in Japan, Pyra's English VA said she got new work the day after Ultimate was revealed. She is just starting her career so its not likely she's getting a ton of other work yet.
Rex will be in no doubts as a DLC character that is.

The whole point about Rex being in a sequel also applies to Elma as her game was the most recent when the first draft of the proposal plan was being made

Last edited:
Just checked the data behind the blog, the Pikmin music update is #146. Bowser's for reference was #142, which we know now was intended for later this week. That confirms that the Pikmin music wasn't for this week and they intentionally skipped to next week's music update, likely to hide whatever new character got music this week.
OK this is confusing. How many empty spots are there then?

D

Deleted member

Yes, i know so because a neighbor of mine works for Nintendo as a graphic designer, he also told me that Batman is going to be shown at the end of the Direct.
But my dad is Nintendo and he said that Batman and Goku would be the last characters revealed to go with the "East vs. West" theme that's been going on.

MoonlitIllusion

Smash Champion

Elma being a late addition would only boost her chances for smash imo, what better way to get people familiar with a character who's game is kind of irrelevant than adding them to the new one right before smash comes out.

And I think most people are in agreement that rex isn't happening cause he missed the timing for the project plan. Pyra's VA could have been referring to anything.

Last edited:

Zinith

Yoshi is Thicc in S P I R I T
All around you, awaiting to consume your soul
Switch FC
SW-4624-0132-9722

Starbound

Worlds Apart, But Still Together.
So visiting music theory here, we are missing songs from these series:
:ultpikachu::ultpit::ultfox::ultsonic::ultness::ultvillager::ultwario::ultwiifittrainer::ultshulk::ultlittlemac::ultpacman:*

:ultpacman: might be covered via Galaga remix since they're sorta related in Smash.

These series have the same number of song as in Smash 4, so they might not have any new songs to show off: :ultbayonetta::ultcloud::ultgnw:

This guy doesn't usually have music: :ultrob:

:ultduckhunt: has a confirmed new remix, but it is in the 'Other' category that may be already covered by Noisy Notebook.

We have 12 more music updates until release. That covers all of the currently missing series exactly. If Pac-Man and Duck Hunt are already covered, then we have spots for 2 more series.

Potato_

Smash Lord
But my dad is Nintendo and he said that Batman and Goku would be the last characters revealed to go with the "East vs. West" theme that's been going on.
Nah it's actually Biggie VS Tupac. Trust me my dad is a purple chair.

IGuessItsOver

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-5424-4083-0824
Tru tru
All I'm saying is...nah man I can't even do it, was gonna make a Paper Mario gag but bro I'm not even here for it
If it makes you feel better, i think he has a 50/50 chance.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom