• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Rocket Raccoon

Subject: 89P13
Writing Team
This got me thinking:

Taking into account of particular potential newcomers (Isaac, Skull Kid, Chorus Kids, Elma, Banjo, etc), how can Ninty go and **** it up and accidentally leak their own character reveals like they did with Simon and Richter?
Nintendo retweets something Rare Replay related a day before a Direct is due.

D

Deleted member

The Pikmin remix is alright IMO. Nothing I'd go out of my way to listen to outside of hearing it ingame, but it isn't bad. The only song I haven't liked so far is the FE Heroes remix. That one isn't quite to my tastes, lol.

CrusherMania1592

Deaf Smasher
Premium
3DS FC
5472-7454-3545
You take that back.

I am heavily emotionally invested in this outcome and everything.
Everyone is. Might as well ask yourself why the current SSB Women's Champion is Alexa Bliss

And the SSB Women's Intercontinental Champion (secondary title) is none other than Dixie Kong

I mean...the winner gets a championship opportunity against Bliss so keep that in mind ;)

View attachment 163409
She's so hurt... Do you have any idea how much time she puts into her hair?
...**** I forgot someone. Lemme redo this

:ultbayonetta::ultinkling::ultlucina::ultpalutena::ultpeach::ultdaisy::ultrosalina::ultsamus::ultdarksamus::ultsheik::ultwiifittrainer::ultzelda::ultzss::4corrinf::4miif::4robinf::4villagerf::4wendy::ultjigglypuff::ultpikachu:(Lucha)

:ultbayonetta:vs:ultsheik:vs:ultrosalina:vs:ultinkling:

:4villagerf:vs:4corrinf:vs:ultdarksamus:vs:ultpeach:

:4miif:vs:4robinf:vs:ultdaisy:vs:ultpikachu:

:4wendy:vs:ultsamus:vs:ultjigglypuff:vs:ultzss:

:ultpalutena:vs:ultwiifittrainer:vs:ultlucina:vs:ultzelda:

Winner of each of these rounds will move onto the Fatal-5-Way for the Women's Championship

PLACE YOUR BETS PEOPLE!!!

Last edited:

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
No one likes a Jojo. Maybe we can talk over a bowl of Jojo at the Jojo down the street. Am I doing it right, son?

Damn I’m quoting you a lot.

This got me thinking:

Taking into account of particular potential newcomers (Isaac, Skull Kid, Chorus Kids, Elma, Banjo, etc), how can Ninty go and **** it up and accidentally leak their own character reveals like they did with Simon and Richter?
Do what they did for Ganondorf in 4.

D

Deleted member

Ai no Uta is one of those songs that gets me to cry every time I hear it.

If its in here, I will always have it at the lowest possible chance of showing up.
But what about the English version? It's the best fight music ever!

I'm still surprised they put it in Brawl at all. I'm not sure Nintendo owns it, it's really unfitting fight music (but a beautiful song), and was removed from Smash 4 due to either copyright or it being unfitting. And they kept Environmental Noises for some reason...

Why did we get an eh remix of the Pikmin Main Theme when they could've uploaded Environmental Noises 2?

ReeseBalaski

Smash Journeyman
I very much like that remix. I wasn't too fond of Pikmin music in Smash because I thought it was a bit too mellow, but I like the remix for this.

Poopyhead

Smash Cadet
After the super mario bop they released last week this remix is very boring

It's not bad, but meh

edit: after relistening maybe it will pick up and be more exciting after the clipped portion, maybe I'm just not a fan of this part of the song

Last edited:

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
But what about the English version? It's the best fight music ever!

I'm still surprised they put it in Brawl at all. I'm not sure Nintendo owns it, it's really unfitting fight music (but a beautiful song), and was removed from Smash 4 due to either copyright or it being unfitting. And they kept Environmental Noises for some reason...

Why did we get an eh remix of the Pikmin Main Theme when they could've uploaded Environmental Noises 2?
That would be a very weird thing to not own, since the band is comprised of "Pikmin" and only makes Pikmin songs.

Shroob

Sup?

Amazing Ampharos

Balanced Brawl Designer
Writing Team
So far it sounds like a pretty repetitive remix, definitely not one of my favorites though at least not as instantly "this has to be off" as the FE song.

It's not a big deal either way because Distant Planet is for sure banned and Garden of Hope is a pretty unlikely stage, and even if those stages somehow work out, I'm sure we will get my old favorite from this series back, the only song that should ever play on any Pikmin stage: Environmental Noises.

CaptainAmerica

Smash Master
NNID
TomOfHyrule
So going off of this info
https://smashboards.com/threads/hou...isaac-for-smash-ultimate.446390/post-22409291

What do you guys think will be the 3-4 blog updates from this upcoming Direct?
What do I think?

Trailer: Lost in the Woods
Skull Kid (68) video
Skull Kid memory
And the fourth may be Isabelle (45e) video.

What do I want? Swap the Skull Kid stuff for Dovahkiin, and Tails as 38e for the echo.
I mean, I still want Skull Kid and Isabelle, I just want to see my favorites in so I can stop caring about newcomers...

D

Deleted member

My favorite remix so far is probably a tie between the F-Zero Medley and Gangplank Galleon. Bomb-Rush Blush, the Castlevania music, the Mega Man Medley, and the SMB3 Remix are also all very good.

...However, I'm still waiting for my Tide Goes Out remix. C'mon, Nintendo: You can't just give me Bomb Rush Blush and not follow up with Tide Goes Out!

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
The Pokémon (*Pikmin) remix is my least favorite so far, but it’s still good (and that’s leaving out the superior GPG remix and only comparing it to the others)

Edit: Pikmin...don’t know how Pokémon replaced the not so famous series

Last edited:

SmashChu

Banned via Warnings

MoonlitIllusion

Smash Champion
All these Xenoblade X related posts it must be destiny

ELMA REVEAL SOON GET HYPED
I mean I'm just saying but she was just in Xenoblade 2, Torna is releasing soon, no new xenoblade content whatsoever and the amount of tracks the series had was never shown...Elma makes sense right about now

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I'm led to believe that today's music update was intentionally a sleeper so that the big drop on Thursday will blow it out the water.

The hell was that.

D

Deleted member

That would be a very weird thing to not own, since the band is comprised of "Pikmin" and only makes Pikmin songs.
You right. I knew it was done by some virtual band, but I had no idea the band itself was Pikmin, and this is Nintendo we're talking about. Just didn't adequately research my Strawberry Flower. Though the song is listed as "Composition and arrangements Copyright Strawberry Flower" in Brawl, so if Nintendo doesn't own the band itself, they don't own the song.

The real problem is that they don't own the rights to the English version sense the lyrics were provided by Linkin Park.

Last edited by a moderator:

Shroob

Sup?
Ya'll are forgetting we usually get a blogpost that says "The site has been updated with new information" after a Direct.

I'd love an Echo reveal as much as the next guy, but I'm going into the Direct with an expectation of 1 newcomer and 0 Echoes, personally.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
It's already tomorrow morning 10:00 AM over there in Japan. If they're to announce the Direct should we expect it soon enough?

CJ Falcon

Smash Lord
The "Gear up For..." remix is such a waste. I don't know how anyone thought it would be a good idea to take a calm menu theme and try to turn it into hype music by speeding up the tempo. Use an actual battle theme ffs.

Imadethistoseealeak

Smash Champion
For the four blog updates it's almost defintely 3 for a newcomer. The last one could be an echo...or a stage.

Did echoes come with memories in the past?
If not then my Skull Kid & Impa reveal trailer might be a possibility...

EDIT: Some have and some haven't. Same with regular characters too actually.

Last edited:

Deoxys911

Laughs and Logic
NNID
Deoxys911
Everyone is. Might as well ask yourself why the current SSB Women's Champion is Alexa Bliss

And the SSB Women's Intercontinental Champion (secondary title) is none other than Dixie Kong

I mean...the winner gets a championship opportunity against Bliss so keep that in mind ;)

...**** I forgot someone. Lemme redo this

:ultbayonetta::ultinkling::ultlucina::ultpalutena::ultpeach::ultdaisy::ultrosalina::ultsamus::ultdarksamus::ultsheik::ultwiifittrainer::ultzelda::ultzss::4corrinf::4miif::4robinf::4villagerf::4wendy::ultjigglypuff::ultpikachu:(Lucha)

:ultbayonetta:vs:ultsheik:vs:ultrosalina:vs:ultinkling:

:4villagerf:vs:4corrinf:vs:ultdarksamus:vs:ultpeach:

:4miif:vs:4robinf:vs:ultdaisy:vs:ultpikachu:

:4wendy:vs:ultsamus:vs:ultjigglypuff:vs:ultzss:

:ultpalutena:vs:ultwiifittrainer:vs:ultlucina:vs:ultzelda:

Winner of each of these rounds will move onto the Fatal-5-Way for the Women's Championship

PLACE YOUR BETS PEOPLE!!!
SadLeaf.png

You're so cruel.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom