• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

NintenRob

Rising YouTuber
Writing Team
NNID
trpdm.wilton
I wonder if it's possible we won't get the music, since it maybe have been a tie in to another character.

Of course K Rool is the only character to have their trailer music be put on the site so maybe not. Still could be a tie in

D

Deleted member

Final Fantasy
Sir, it is 4 AM in the morning where I am at, and I would like to eat well knowing the fact we're going to get Final Fantasy music in Smash, because it will happen. I am not doing Ursula's New Groove again.

GRRRR.png

Mega Bidoof

Smash Hero
NNID
Link46
3DS FC
1160-9840-1542
I wonder if it's possible we won't get the music, since it maybe have been a tie in to another character.

Of course K Rool is the only character to have their trailer music be put on the site so maybe not. Still could be a tie in
Honestly it’d be hilarious if Sakurai just put up a GoldenSun track tonight just to **** with everybody.

CaptainAmerica

Smash Master
NNID
TomOfHyrule

...:ultsimon:

Still, if it were Skull Kid coming, then the site fails the "only one track per franchise" theory. And Isaac fails the "no new stages!" theory. So either we've made up rules for ourselves that have no basis in fact again, or Incineroar/Isabelle are the ones coming in the direct.

I am wondering if the music'll be delayed. Then again, they did have a week to rebrand random franchise #17 as the new song and give us the new one next week.

So_many_mails

Smash Apprentice
What time should we be expecting the direct announcement? A couple of hours from now right (if its today)?

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
Goooooooood morning everyone. Local crackpot theory poster in the path of a hurricane here to tell everyone else who is also going to be affected by it to be safe.

Thursday may very well be the direct date, but it also may very well be the day my power goes out so here's hoping that things stay a-okay

Last edited:

NintenRob

Rising YouTuber
Writing Team
NNID
trpdm.wilton
...:ultsimon:

Still, if it were Skull Kid coming, then the site fails the "only one track per franchise" theory. And Isaac fails the "no new stages!" theory. So either we've made up rules for ourselves that have no basis in fact again, or Incineroar/Isabelle are the ones coming in the direct.

I am wondering if the music'll be delayed. Then again, they did have a week to rebrand random franchise #17 as the new song and give us the new one next week.
I don't think Bloody Tears was ever used in Simons trailer.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
Goooooooood morning everyone. Local crackpot theory poster in the path of a hurricane here to tell everyone else who is also going to be affected by it to be safe.

Thursday may very well be the direct date, but it also may very well be the day my power goes out so here's hoping that things stay a-okay
On the bright side I live much upper North. Please be safe though.

Last edited:

Potato_

Smash Lord
Has anyone spoken about this?

If this is true, and the direct is Thursday in Japan that would make it tommorow in the west.

DutchPichu

Smash Journeyman
Also holy ****, I completely forgot we're getting new music today. Uhhh, what franchises are left to go through that hasn't been put up on the main website?
To be exact: Star Fox, Pokémon, EarthBound, Ice Climber, Game & Watch, Kid Icarus, WarioWare, Sonic, Pikmin, R.O.B., Animal Crossing, Wii Fit, Punch-Out!!, Pac-Man, Xenoblade, Duck Hunt, Final Fantasy, Bayonetta.

(and Rhythm Heaven)

So they still have a lot of series to go through. Would expect Pokémon or Kid Icarus today.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Well if we know nothing within the next 14 or so hours then we can assume that the direct needed a lot of re-configuring.

And then panic

Imadethistoseealeak

Smash Champion

If this is true, and the direct is Thursday in Japan that would make it tommorow in the west.
This is what I'm thinking. 6pm EST tomorrow so it's Thursday morning in Japan.

General directs are usually at that time, I don't think it will be like that Smash direct where it's 10am EST but 11pm JST.

Calling an announcement today. Please?

Last edited:

NintenRob

Rising YouTuber
Writing Team
NNID
trpdm.wilton
Please be Thursday, please be Thursday.

If it's Friday like it was going to be last week, good chance I'd miss it.

FurretBro

Smash Apprentice
NNID
FurretBro

If that thing hits Canada, remember me.

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
If that thing hits Canada, remember me.
No worries. Don't think there's a chance that hurricane Florence will hit Canada.

Would kinda love that all things considered.

So with the old "day beforehand" formula, maybe today at 10 am will be the announcement after all.

Last edited:

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
I'm hoping to call today for an Direct announcements. At 4chan, anons are getting so impatient and crazy.
So they only difference is the impatience?

Q-Long

Smash Lord
To be exact: Star Fox, Pokémon, EarthBound, Ice Climber, Game & Watch, Kid Icarus, WarioWare, Sonic, Pikmin, R.O.B., Animal Crossing, Wii Fit, Punch-Out!!, Pac-Man, Xenoblade, Duck Hunt, Final Fantasy, Bayonetta.

(and Rhythm Heaven)

So they still have a lot of series to go through. Would expect Pokémon or Kid Icarus today.
Hello, Sakurai

I would like one order of "Clash On The Big Bridge" please, with a side of "Jazzy NYC".

Ohh nice!

Michele

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-4494-7438-0796
Well...The difference is that on twitter, peoples are impatient.

But well, 4chan can be so strange. The difference I've noticed is that peoples are getting crazy. More like...They can't stop refreshing Twitter, and they can't even eat or drink.

FurretBro

Smash Apprentice
NNID
FurretBro
Also, Geno or Isabelle would be hype for me, as they're my most wanted characters.

Geno because of reasons you should already know, and Isabelle because she's a great character in a great game which only has 1 rep. I'm thinking about maining Villager (I need to pick a main at some point that isn't Mewtwo) so having an echo fighter of him is something I dig.

(You know how Esam's reaction to Dark Samus was, that'd pretty much be mine)

Last edited:

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend

That would be great, since I don't really enjoy Tuesdays (usually at work). I need something to look forward to.

Waiting for the Direct be like

So it ought to happen before people riot.

BeardyBennett

Smash Apprentice

You and me both. I'm fleeing back to my family in West Virginia today lol best wishes your way my dude.

Also my prediction for the direct is one newcomer, one echo. Neither will need a new stage, however the next reveal will break the 103 rule.

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
Also, Geno or Isabelle would be hype for me, as they're my most wanted characters.

Geno because of reasons you should already know, and Isabelle because she's a great character in a great game which only has 1 rep. I'm thinking about maining Villager (I need to pick a main at some point that isn't Mewtwo) so having an echo fighter of him is something I dig.
I have my reputation riding on Isabelle.
I correctly guessed Ridley amongst my friends during that direct. ("What if the surprise is Ridley?" "No, that won't ever happen and you know it" *it's actually ridley* "Told you so"). They were shocked. I don't think I laughed that hard in forever.

I told one of them I feel like Isabelle is a fighter and he disagreed with me because, you know, the whole "doesn't seem like she'd fight" type thing. So, she has to be in now or I look foolish, and Sakurai wouldn't do that to me.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
I correctly guessed Ridley amongst my friends during that direct. ("What if the surprise is Ridley?" "No, that won't ever happen and you know it" *it's actually ridley* "Told you so"). They were shocked. I don't think I laughed that hard in forever.

I told one of them I feel like Isabelle is a fighter and he disagreed with me because, you know, the whole "doesn't seem like she'd fight" type thing. So, she has to be in now or I look foolish, and Sakurai wouldn't do that to me.
At least you didn't promise to humiliate yourself with a costume, eating something that shouldn't be put in your mouth, or something like that.

Not that I would do any of that, this is why I hate bets.

osby

Smash Obsessed

I really want Isabelle but thinking about her makes me pessimistic.

Sakurai seems to favor more 'hardcore' fighters this time (compare Inkling and Ridley with Villager and Wii Fit Trainer), alongside with older characters. Though, if she's an echo, I guess that wouldn't be a problem.

Rant is over.

ReeseBalaski

Smash Journeyman
One thing I hope for when the Direct eventually drops, is that whomever the character is, they don't get hate for being a disappointment. We've been antsy knowing that there is something to be revealed, and that anxiety can fuel disappointment if the character revealed doesn't meet "standards".

There's just as much chance to be a surprising/unpredictable character as there is an expected/fan favorite. Regardless of who it is, I hope we'll be appreciative of them when they do inevitably get revealed.

Imadethistoseealeak

Smash Champion
Btw if you ever feel down in hype or feel like the newcomers are "predictable" go watch the Nintendo New York Ridley reveal. It's so awesome to watch so many people freak out lol.

Obviously only works if you care at least a little bit about Ridley's inclusion and what it meant for Sakurai to do that for the community.

One thing I hope for when the Direct eventually drops, is that whomever the character is, they don't get hate for being a disappointment. We've been antsy knowing that there is something to be revealed, and that anxiety can fuel disappointment if the character revealed doesn't meet "standards".

There's just as much chance to be a surprising/unpredictable character as there is an expected/fan favorite. Regardless of who it is, I hope we'll be appreciative of them when they do inevitably get revealed.
This is basically what I was reffering to. This game is so ultimate, I'm hype for whatever is to be announced next!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom