• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Soulsaint

Smash Apprentice
It's so weird that people are mentioning that the Wii U version had a stagebuilder. I think I repressed the fact that the 3DS version didn't get it or something. I really thought they cut it completely. I spent so much time in that mode in Brawl, making the most zaniest levels. I kinda hope it does return in some fashion. But I can resign to the fact if it won't

DutchPichu

Smash Journeyman
It pains me to say this, but I think my boi will be on the blog on November 21 to coincide with the anniversary of his first appearance...
Well, I think that's really likely. Yoshi will be one of the last characters on the blog. It is weird that they haven't done some obvious ones, like Pikachu, Pac-Man, Zelda (pointing out her new design) or Yoshi. And the only two FE characters we haven't had are Lucina & Robin? We had a lot of Fire Emblem then.

Zinith

Yoshi is Thicc in S P I R I T
All around you, awaiting to consume your soul
Switch FC
SW-4624-0132-9722
Well, I think that's really likely. Yoshi will be one of the last characters on the blog. It is weird that they haven't done some obvious ones, like Pikachu, Pac-Man, Zelda (pointing out her new design) or Yoshi. And the only two FE characters we haven't had are Lucina & Robin? We had a lot of Fire Emblem then.
Roy as well

Venus of the Desert Bloom

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
I wouldnt expect an announcement today. It’s almost night time here in Japan. Unless it’s within the next 5 hours, it’ll be too late. Like 11 pm or 12 am. I don’t think they make announcements that late. Maybe tomorrow (Tuesday afternoon or evening in the States).

Last edited:

Michele

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-4494-7438-0796
I would expect an announcement today. It’s almost night time here in Japan. Unless it’s within the next 5 hours, it’ll be too late. Like 11 pm or 12 am. I don’t think they make announcements that late. Maybe tomorrow (Tuesday afternoon or evening in the States).
Do you believe in this Dengeki rumor?

Also, for the record, usually direct annoucements happens from 11PM to 1AM. In my timezone it would be 16:00 to 18:00.

Last edited:

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
Do you believe in this Dengeki rumor?

Also, for the record, usually direct annoucements happens from 11PM to 1AM. In my timezone it would be 16:00 to 18:00.
I haven’t looked at it in depth but Nintendo retweeting it surely is promising.

joshoctober16

Smash Apprentice
i dont want to be a party pooper or sound rude or anything but... i think there might be a other direct cancellation...

late sep 13 to sep 16 a strong cat 4 or even cat 5 will hit usa.... this has been bothering me , some models show 1 to 2 meters of rainfall, it will stall on NC and make landfall the same time that it is high tides... im also posting this to be sure that anyone in NC will see this.

if a earthquake that didnt hit near where nintendo is made it cannceld , then im pretty sure this can as well... plz nintendo post the direct today or tomorow
i dont want nintendo to look disrespectful and post it during a worse natural disaster...

also what is the possible new date of this direct?

Last edited:

Jetsurge

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-2536-8732-7990
i dont want to be a party pooper or anything but... do you think there might be a other direct cancellation...

late sep 13 to sep 16 a strong cat 4 or even cat 5 will hit usa.... this has been bothering me , some models show 1 to 2 meters of rainfall, it will stall on NC and make landfall the same time that it is high tides... im also posting this to be sure that anyone in NC will see this.

No Nintendo only cares about Japan

D

Deleted member

i dont want to be a party pooper or anything but... do you think there might be a other direct cancellation...

I really don't mean this in a mean way, but at this rate, they can't keep delaying it. Not to mention the fact that over there in Japan they've suffered another previous earthquake aside from the most recent one, a typhoon that swept most the island and a massive heatwave, so they at least have some reason to delay the Direct, the Hokkaido earthquake pretty much broke the camel's back.

DutchPichu

Smash Journeyman
I think the Direct will be at exactly the same time as it would have been last week... if the Direct is still coming. I feel like a lot of news is already popping up (like Final Fantasy Explorers, Mega Man 11, Pikachu & Eevee Switch pack).

joshoctober16

Smash Apprentice
I really don't mean this in a mean way, but at this rate, they can't keep delaying it. Not to mention the fact that over there in Japan they've suffered another previous earthquake aside from the most recent one, a typhoon that swept most the island and a massive heatwave, so they at least have some reason to delay the Direct, the Hokkaido earthquake pretty much broke the camel's back.
i knew about the typhoon but not the heatwave. im a bit worried that if they post it on the day this thing hits, people might think nintendo will be disrespectful or somthing...

also i wonder if the holded direct smash stuff migth secretly be on the site....

Last edited:

Michele

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-4494-7438-0796
i knew about the typhoon but not the heatwave. im a bit worried that if they post it on the day this thing hits, people might think nintendo will be disrespectful or somthing...

also i wonder if the holded direct smash stuff migth secretly be on the site....
Well, the heat is the least of problem right now. Besides, the weather always predict incorrectly the heat and other stuffs.

ToddCam

Smash Journeyman
This is why I think changing things for disasters is something that needs to be very, very carefully handled. There are going to be disasters and tragedies all the time. It's inevitable. The first time you change something, you are setting up expectations. This invites questions when you do not live up to expectations, or rather, confirm others. Does Nintendo care about the rest of the world? Are they obligated to delay a direct because, say, a tsunami hits in the Indian Ocean and 200,000 people are killed?

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
No Nintendo only cares about Japan
I wonder why a Japanese company would not want to have it's Japanese heads of staff looking all happy and cheerful showing off their new wares while their Japanese offices and Japanese staff who made such things are affected by a natural disaster that has killed a significant number of people.

D

Deleted member

The thing is Nintendo is directly a Japanese company. Nintendo of America is simply a subsidiary of Nintendo and nothing more, their only big responsibilities are localizing games, releasing them and the usual stuff. People can try and think of excuses why "Nintendo is disrespectful" but they don't even know how companies work at a worldwide scale. Nintendo of Japan calls the big shots, everyone else just helps to provide.

Michele

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-4494-7438-0796
I wonder why a Japanese company would not want to have it's Japanese heads of staff looking all happy and cheerful showing off their new wares while their Japanese offices and Japanese staff who made such things are affected by a natural disaster that has killed a significant number of people.
From what I've heard, Nintendo just doesn't really care about the disasters or the incidents. Nintendo just felt like it was right to do a delay, because without power, nobody would be able to see the Direct.

I could of thought about why Nintendo was disrespectful in this way, but then I would be an idiot seeing as I already know how companies work. Delays are inevitable things anyways. We just didn't know that there was a disaster going in Japan and so we didn't expect the delay.

Last edited:

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547

138 people died.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/2018_Northeast_Asia_heat_wave

It was freakin burning then. I couldn’t believe it since we live in a fairly cooler part of Kanto. We just stayed inside our house all day with the air con cranked to full. We wanted to make sure our daughter didn’t get to hot during the day since infants are weak to heat.

The honest part was Kumagaya at 106 F. That’s like an hour and 10 minutes away

Last edited:

CyberHyperPhoenix

"Download Complete."
From what I've heard, Nintendo just doesn't really care about the disasters or the incidents. Nintendo just felt like it was right to do a delay, because without power, nobody would be able to see the Direct.

I could of thought about why Nintendo was disrespectful in this way, but then I would be an idiot seeing as I already know how companies work. Delays are inevitable things anyways. We just didn't know that there was a disaster going in Japan and so we didn't expect the delay.
From what I've heard...
Ok, but when and from who, tho?

joshoctober16

Smash Apprentice

but thats what im worried for this hurricane is gonna cut alot of power , im very worried for NC , im unsure how much area lost power from the earthquake , if anyone knows tell me , remember this is gonna hit large city's and just sit there like Harvey for days....

sorry about this talk , but somtimes i know when a hurricane is gona be a record breaking type like sandy and harvey , this one is giving me that feeling.

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
It was freakin burning then. I couldn’t believe it since we live in a fairly cooler part of Kanto. We just stayed inside our house all day with the air con cranked to full. We wanted to make sure our daughter didn’t get to hot during the day since infants are weak to heat.

The honest part was Kumagaya at 106 F. That’s like an hour and 10 minutes away
Out of curiosity, is it true that Japan's also more of a humid heat vs a dry heat?

D

Deleted member

I kinda wanna touch base with what "you've heard" and wanna know who has been saying this, because it has been stated already numerous times that Nintendo delayed the Direct not because people wouldn't see it. I simply don't understand why people are making the delay out with Nintendo only thinking in monetary gain and to get good public opinion. In the past two or so months at least 300+~ people give or take died, thousands have been injured, some missing and other happenings from the previous 4 natural disasters.

Getting hit back to back with these is going to cause not just Nintendo, but a lot of companies - whether it'd be your local TV station or FamilyMart - to respond. It's about being respectful. Sorry if this is a off-topic, but **** me, man, I'm starting to get really sick and tired of people trying to push a narrative that doesn't exist in the first place with setting the Japanese people who've suffered enough aside.

If people have waited for Kingdom Hearts 3 for 13 years, people can wait a week-long delay for anything Smash Bros. or Direct related.

Last edited by a moderator:

Michele

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-4494-7438-0796
I kinda wanna touch base with what "you've heard" and wanna know who has been saying this, because it has been stated already numerous times that Nintendo delayed the Direct not because people wouldn't see it. I simply don't understand why people are making the delay out with Nintendo only thinking in monetary gain and to get good public opinion. In the past two or so months at least 300+~ people give or take died, thousands have been injured, some missing and other happenings from the previous 4 natural disasters.

Getting hit back to back with these is going to cause not just Nintendo, but a lot of companies - whether it'd be your local TV station or FamilyMart - to respond. It's about being respectful. Sorry if this is a off-topic, but **** me, man, I'm starting to get really sick and tired of people trying to push a narrative that doesn't exist in the first place with setting the Japanese people who've suffered enough aside.

If people have waited for Kingdom Hearts 3 for 13 years, people can wait a week-long delay for anything Smash Bros. or Direct related.
I'm sorry for me pushing the narrative. Actually...There's no source. It was just my personal opinion and feeling. I did hear several replies to Nintendo on Direct's delay, but what I just said is kind of my personal opinion/view because a Direct has never been delayed in the past.
I already do know that it was delayed out of respect, too.
Who’s Dengeki?
https://twitter.com/ptrain_official/status/1039392813069131779?s=09

Dengeki is a Japanese magazine company. Think of it as Famitsu.

Last edited:

Cosmic77

Smash Hero
Switch FC
2166-0541-5238
Regardless of where a natural disaster strikes this week, be it Japan or the US, I can't see Nintendo delaying this Direct any longer.

At the end of the day, they're still a business that wants to make money. They've already paid their respect once, and it caused them to be delayed by a full week. Paying respect to another natural disaster in Japan or somewhere overseas is gonna set them back even more - something they can't afford with the 2018 holiday season approaching.

D

Deleted member

Also holy ****, I completely forgot we're getting new music today. Uhhh, what franchises are left to go through that hasn't been put up on the main website?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom