• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Nethermoosen

Smash Lord
Switch FC
6001 9919 2607
I think Smash could use more characters that use weapons outside of swords.

Ice Climbers and DDD with hammers are a start and the Belmonts have whips/morning stars covered
Reinhardt and Brigitte in Overwatch for hammers and maces that have flail abilities.
Link could have used a variety if they wanted.
Olimar uses little creatures like they’re clubs. Poor little sacrifices.
Soul Caliber has a few options like nunchucks, staves, katars(hand knives).
Ryu Hayabusa has the Kusari-Gama. I’m all about the Kusari-gama.

Zathura

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ShinyZygarde
3DS FC
0404-6234-5785
Switch FC
SW-0485-3368-5894
I think Smash could use more characters that use weapons outside of swords.

Ice Climbers and DDD with hammers are a start and the Belmonts have whips/morning stars covered
This is the main reason I think bandana see would be great, a spear fighter would be really interesting

Last edited:

KMDP

Smash Legend
An Axe Fighter could be interesting; yes, it's only just barely removed from a Sword Wielder (it's still a disjoint), but the nature of battleaxes means that the swings have to be different (slower, shallower, more start-lag or end-lag if the swing is fast).

The fundamental differences between Swords and Axes means that an axe-wielder would probably feel quite different to a sword-wielder.

*thinks*

We also don't have a Bōjutsu fighter (i.e. Kilik), :ultpalutena: doesn't count.

Kid Goku Kilik for Smash.

Last edited:

Nethermoosen

Smash Lord
Switch FC
6001 9919 2607
An Axe Fighter could be interesting; yes, it's only just barely removed from a Sword Wielder (it's still a disjoint), but the nature of battleaxes means that the swings have to be different (slower, shallower, more start-lag or end-lag if the swing is fast).

The fundamental differences between Swords and Axes means that an axe-wielder would probably feel quite different to a sword-wielder.

*thinks*

Funny we don’t have a lot of real weapons, but we have baseball bats, yo-yos, sticks with leaves, motorcycles, turnips, bombs, boomerangs, eggs, golf clubs, tennis rackets, frying pans, banana peels, peanut guns....water.

Edit: actual leaves

Zinith Zinith You do realize Yoshi sacrifices it’s unborn children and reproduces more often than a house fly?

Last edited:

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
My point is that I really doubt they'd make a not-at-all realistic bear make realistic bear noises.

And I personally don't mind Bowser's roaring. When I play Bowser, I want to feel powerful and intimidating. That's how he's designed to be in Smash Brothers, moveset and appearance wise.
My biggest problem with the voice work for Donkey Kong, Diddy Kong, and Bowser is the fact that we're well past the more realistic style of Brawl. And it feels even more out of place to hear realistic animal noises when Donkey Kong is showing his cartoonish eye expressions.

As for Bowser, compare this...

...to this...

The former is realistic enough to sound like a Godzilla rip-off, but the latter looks cartoonish enough to be using Kenny James's voice portrayal of Bowser.

And even Smash Ultimate keeps the more cartoonish appearance, despite some detail differences...

The voice work dilemma becomes even more awkward when you remember that Yoshi still sounds like Yoshi, while Bowser Jr. and the Koopalings were all able to keep their voice clips from their Super Mario series appearances; in the case of the Koopalings, their voice work from New Super Mario Bros. Wii is reused.

KMDP

Smash Legend
Funny we don’t have a lot of real weapons, but we have baseball bats, yo-yos, sticks with leaves, motorcycles, turnips, bombs, boomerangs, eggs, golf clubs, tennis rackets, frying pans, banana peels, peanut guns....water.

Edit: actual leaves
Don't forget Ink, a Tongue, Farts, Sunlight, Books, Skulls, Clay Pigeons, Tin Cans and Food Pellets.

D

Deleted member

I will never have an issue with the “realistic” animal sounds, unless we get Funky Kong, and he’s not using his Mario Kart Wii voice.

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member

*scratches head*

Umm, to be fair, what "realistic" sounds could they possibly have for my boi?
Jurassic Park raptor sounds. I modded those over Yoshi’s voice in Brawl once and it was gold.

P.Kat

Smash Champion
I wouldn't mind Primarina at all, in fact it'd be radical.
But when you think of body types that work for fighting games, you don't think of pinnipeds.
That's not to say it's got no chance, but that could be a reason it's not discussed. people think it's not worth discussion.
The kicker is they could easily just give her a water orb/conveyor belt to let her walk, and give her a literal wave dash like Squirtle has after that her moveset has so many possibilities I made an interesting one for her.

But yeah, I can see how people's initial reaction to a lack of legs would make them assume not playable, or little chance of entering Smash.
Amaterasu had votes, she just didn't get enough votes to (visibly) break into the top 60. Mainly because she wasn't on the list specifically, so people could vote for both "Amaterasu" and "Amaterasu (Okami)".

That's my b. :laugh:
That's alright, thought I wish she was a more considered newcomer, at least she had other votes and I wasn't the only voter, so that alone makes me happy:)
I mean the one chracther i want isnt gonna be in smash ever so I have No horse in this race
I just think Lyn is overated And she wouldn't be unique enough
Her swordstyle is different from the cast in Smash. While everyone's swordstyle so far in Smash is Medieval/European, Lyn's is more eastern, and focuses on the Iaido swordstyle, which makes her fighting style more than unique to easily stand out. Don't forget she can create afterimages of herself to fight too, which no other Swordfighter in Smash can do.
Here's the real question. Since Sakurai confirmed that they'll be showing us everyone who's in the game before it releases, do y'all think we'll ever get another Robin/Lucina situation, where they don't even bother with the Direct and are just like "hey we're gonna show you a new character at [insert time here], be there or be square"?
I believe so, that would be great, especially if it was a Yu Narukami and Joker Persona double feature. Yes it's more likely to happen in DLC then in the base roster, but that why if it does happen...

*grabs mic* You'll never see it coming!

KMDP

Smash Legend
I will never have an issue with the “realistic” animal sounds, unless we get Frunky Kong, and he’s not using his Mario Kart Wii voice.
*tries in vain to imagine what a "funky gorilla" would sound like*

Funky Gibbons, on the other hand...

Shepand Pagwins

Smash Rookie
I have a game, name one set of moves (air, special, smash, etc.) for a potential/not so potential newcomer and see if other people can guess what charecter you refrencing.
D-smash, smoke, 3 columns of smoke shoot up in two directions, useful for juggling and edge guards
Up smash, uses portable pad to play a burst of music upwards, kill move
F-smash, light show, his helmet lights create a hit box directly in front of him. No idea how you'd use this, cool none the less

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
*scratches head*

Umm, to be fair, what "realistic" sounds could they possibly have for my boi?
As far as I know, none. But it can just feel so baffling how Yoshi has kept his usual voice clips since Smash 64, and yet Donkey Kong still doesn't sound like the Donkey Kong that we know from the Mario spin-offs and recent Donkey Kong Country titles.

KMDP

Smash Legend
As far as I know, none. But it can just feel so baffling how Yoshi has kept his usual voice clips since Smash 64, and yet Donkey Kong still doesn't sound like the Donkey Kong that we know from the Mario spin-offs and recent Donkey Kong Country titles.
*imagines this playing when DK picks up a Banana Gun*

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
I will never have an issue with the “realistic” animal sounds, unless we get Funky Kong, and he’s not using his Mario Kart Wii voice.
Funky Kong would definitely not be Funky Kong if he sounded like a real world gorilla. That's what I'm very concerned about if he somehow makes the playable cut.

Nethermoosen

Smash Lord
Switch FC
6001 9919 2607
Funky Kong would definitely not be Funky Kong if he sounded like a real world gorilla. That's what I'm very concerned about if he somehow makes the playable cut.
Surely they could make him sound like John Travolta in Grease if they can’t get the original.

“Like oh mai gah.”

MoonlitIllusion

Smash Champion

*thinks*

krystal could've been that... rip sis :confused:

D

Deleted member

Funky Kong wouldn’t be himself without his trusty Flame Runner, and if he gets in, he certainly won’t have that.

Dee Dude

“Never ask Dee for anything again”
3DS FC
0576-7674-5319
Now that I think about it..what would Dixie even sound like?

Would she have realistic chimp sounds like Diddy or set up in a Bowser Jr situation where she somehow gets her game voice?

Not sure where Sakurai would find female monkey sounds unless he pitches him.

Last edited:

P.Kat

Smash Champion
Smash has a wide range of fighters from your average joes to offensive powerhouses, pressure characters, zoning characters, glass cannons, joke characters, sword users, magic users, tech users, hammer users, gimmick characters, etc etc.

Are there any other character archetypes that would form the basis, not a portion, of that characters general overview?

The only two I came up with is a pure grappler character akin to Zangief and a poison-based fighter akin to FANG ( sorry so many Street Fighter comparisons but that’s my jam).

I guess for the grappler archetype, Fighter Hayabusa, Starman, or Incineror would fit. And for poison, maybe Lip or Toxicroak?

Anyone else have any ideas?
Yep a stance change character that can change weapons, and fighting styles mid battle. Amaterasu would be great since she has three different weapons that are called Divine Instruments. When she changes weapons her standard attacks, and Neutral B special changes, everything else would be the same. First one is the reflector that has a bit short range but decent speed, and damage. B special would be a counter grab that acts like Kirby's but Ammy spins her enemy.

Second is her Rosary Beads, her long range weapon, and her fastest too with low damage. It's used like a whip, and yes Simon may have a whip too, but can his whip gravitate around his neck, and turn into high speed bullets that shoots like a sub machine gun? Didn't think so. Third weapon is basically a sword with medium range and highest damaging weapon but it's very slow.

*thinks*

Kilik would be amazing, I would also want Seong Mi-Na to enter the fray too.

CosmicQuark

Smash Master
MY EEEEEEYES!

I wish I could get a non crappy version of that Banjo & Kazooie render from last night. Even though it's probably fake, and not exactly what Sakurai would do, it looked really good and I would have been satisfied with that reinterpretation.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Just a reminder; image(and media)-only replies are considered spam. So is basically media posts with barely any content and one-liners. Let's try to add a bit more oomph to our posts.

Freduardo

Smash Champion
There is no Smash fighter that fights like a headbutting caveman... though I don’t think that’s a common archetype. I mean I guess Bald Bull is close?

Mike Jones’ archetype of Guy with yo yo, bat, and psychic attacks... is totally there.

But Zoda’s archetype of insectoid xenomorph like alien isn’t. I’ll take it.

An illusionist based character would also be fun... Kamek, that guy from Geist, a slew of Zelda wizard characters, and Great Tiger from Punch Out all fit this bill.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
I have a game, name one set of moves (air, special, smash, etc.) for a potential/not so potential newcomer and see if other people can guess what charecter you refrencing.
D-smash, smoke, 3 columns of smoke shoot up in two directions, useful for juggling and edge guards
F-smash, light show, his helmet lights create a hit box directly in front of him. No idea how you'd use this, cool none the less
This'll probably be kind of obvious, but I'll go ahead. I'll [Censor] out the name and signature weapon.

Neutral Special: [EXPUNGED] - CENSORED holds his palm face down over the cover of his tome as it pulses with a green glow. After releasing the button, CENSORED launches a speedy and aimable razor wind blast. Like Pit's neutral special, this move can have its course adjusted as it flies. This move doesn't do a whole lot of damage or knockback, even when fully charged...against grounded opponents. If the opponent is in the air, however, the damage output gets increased significantly and the knockback is greatly expanded, making this a terrifically versatile anti-air projectile.

Side Special: Swarm - CENSORED takes out a siege tome, Swarm. When the button is held, a small dark energy orb appears about one Battlefield platform's distance away from CENSORED. By holding down the button and moving the stick, similar to Greninja's Shadow Sneak, you can move the orb further outward, upward to 80% of the length of Final Destination. However, you may not move it closer to CENSORED than its starting position and CENSORED cannot move while preparing this attack. When the move is released, a swarm of dark insect-like energy bombards any foe trapped in the blast radius in a high-damage, multi-hit move that does more damage the further away the foe is. Because the move isn't restricted to the stage itself, you can also hit foes off stage, so long as they are directly in CENSORED's line of sight, in an attempt to ruin their recovery. This move shouldn't be used in Free For Alls, however, as CENSORED is a sitting duck while using it.

Up Special: Shaver - CENSORED uses a Shaver tome to launch himself upward. This move doesn't cause any damage, but covers a great deal of vertical distance, compensating for CENSORED's low jumps. As well, as CENSORED ascends, he gets a wind box around him, pushing away foes that stray too close.

Down Special: Blizzard - CENSORED stands in place and takes out a Blizzard tome, pointing his hand diagonally downward toward the ground. While holding the move, he can move the control stick both in front of and behind himself, shooting an icy wind blast toward the ground and freezing it. CENSORED can only have a total amount of ground equivalent to one Battlefield platform frozen at a time. The frozen ground becomes slippery, making foes that step on it likely to trip, allowing for CENSORED to either counterattack or escape, or forcing them to make an aerial approach. The ground will thaw after a period of time, however. In the air, this move just acts as a chilling wind attack that's launched diagonally downward and doesn't cover a very large distance.

Final Smash: Starlight - In a cinematic Final Smash, CENSORED traps all foes in range in a magical bind. The background turns into a star-filled void as CENSORED unleashes a celestial explosion from the Starlight tome, yelling "Divine Starlight, lend me your aid!" and causing massive damage and knockback.

It's just a copy-pasted section from one of my hypothetical movesets. :p

D

Deleted member

It's weird that game axes are represented as slow and powerful when they were actually quick strike weapons. Still, the only one I can think of that uses one properly is Dad Kratos but even if he was ever to get in(he won't), he would use his classic fighting style.
As far as game Axes go though, I could see Hector being added simply for one, considering his popularity and being the only lord with a weapon not present in the game besides Ephraim(who has other Lance users to compete with and isn't as popular). Slow, powerful, and an helicopter and would probably be much better received than other FE characters simply for not having a sword.

KMDP

Smash Legend
This'll probably be kind of obvious, but I'll go ahead. I'll [Censor] out the name and signature weapon.

Neutral Special: [EXPUNGED] - CENSORED holds his palm face down over the cover of his tome as it pulses with a green glow. After releasing the button, CENSORED launches a speedy and aimable razor wind blast. Like Pit's neutral special, this move can have its course adjusted as it flies. This move doesn't do a whole lot of damage or knockback, even when fully charged...against grounded opponents. If the opponent is in the air, however, the damage output gets increased significantly and the knockback is greatly expanded, making this a terrifically versatile anti-air projectile.

Side Special: Swarm - CENSORED takes out a siege tome, Swarm. When the button is held, a small dark energy orb appears about one Battlefield platform's distance away from CENSORED. By holding down the button and moving the stick, similar to Greninja's Shadow Sneak, you can move the orb further outward, upward to 80% of the length of Final Destination. However, you may not move it closer to CENSORED than its starting position and CENSORED cannot move while preparing this attack. When the move is released, a swarm of dark insect-like energy bombards any foe trapped in the blast radius in a high-damage, multi-hit move that does more damage the further away the foe is. Because the move isn't restricted to the stage itself, you can also hit foes off stage, so long as they are directly in CENSORED's line of sight, in an attempt to ruin their recovery. This move shouldn't be used in Free For Alls, however, as CENSORED is a sitting duck while using it.

Up Special: Shaver - CENSORED uses a Shaver tome to launch himself upward. This move doesn't cause any damage, but covers a great deal of vertical distance, compensating for CENSORED's low jumps. As well, as CENSORED ascends, he gets a wind box around him, pushing away foes that stray too close.

Down Special: Blizzard - CENSORED stands in place and takes out a Blizzard tome, pointing his hand diagonally downward toward the ground. While holding the move, he can move the control stick both in front of and behind himself, shooting an icy wind blast toward the ground and freezing it. CENSORED can only have a total amount of ground equivalent to one Battlefield platform frozen at a time. The frozen ground becomes slippery, making foes that step on it likely to trip, allowing for CENSORED to either counterattack or escape, or forcing them to make an aerial approach. The ground will thaw after a period of time, however. In the air, this move just acts as a chilling wind attack that's launched diagonally downward and doesn't cover a very large distance.

Final Smash: Starlight - In a cinematic Final Smash, CENSORED traps all foes in range in a magical bind. The background turns into a star-filled void as CENSORED unleashes a celestial explosion from the Starlight tome, yelling "Divine Starlight, lend me your aid!" and causing massive damage and knockback.

It's just a copy-pasted section from one of my hypothetical movesets. :p
Opossum has been struck by the [DATA EXPUNGED] again, I see.

Also it's totally Merric. Ye can't fool me, laddie.

D

Deleted member

Sounds fun. Let's see. Oh! Let me preface this with the fact that while the company this character is from has recently been working more with the Switch and announced their support for it 2 years ago, the chances of him appearing are probably in the single digit percentages if not zero entirely.

Up Special: Propels himself upward as scarf forms into bat-like wings allowing him to glide a little bit. Damage on upwards propulsion and from tips of scarf-wings.
Side Special: Charges an energy orb above head. Length of charge determines size and distance of thrown orb when 'B' released.
Down Special: If used in air, surrounds self in flame and punches downward. If on ground, does a jump into the air before crashing down fist first encased in flame.
Neutral Special: Produces 1 of 3 possible minions at random; most commonly a blue one that is stationary and explodes when thrown. 2nd a yellow stationary one that can be bounced on and explodes after a set period of time. Most rare, a black one that rushes forward and jumps for a large explosion.

Who is he?

EDIT: Forgot the final smash!

FS: Jumps straight up off screen and comes crashing down at a slight angle riding a giant Meteor, laughing triumphantly.

Last edited by a moderator:

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Opossum has been struck by the [DATA EXPUNGED] again, I see.

Also it's totally Merric. Ye can't fool me, laddie.
Ding ding. Here's the full moveset if anyone was curious. :p

Normal Attacks:

Jab: A gust of wind comes from slightly in front of Merric, pushing foes toward him. Another gust pushes foes slightly away from Merric. These can be chained for a bit, until the knock back forces foes away. All the while Merric moves his hands in a back and forth twirling or stirring motion.

Dash Attack: Merric clutches Excalibur to his chest as he lunges forward with one hand outstretched, sending a blast of wind toward the ground in front of him. Visually and mechanically similar to Little Mac's dash attack.

Forward Tilt: Merric sweeps his arm out in front of him as a small slice of compressed wind shoots out in front of him. A multi hit move that travels about half the width of a Battlefield platform.

Up Tilt: Merric lifts his arm quickly in a scooping motion as a razor wind travels from in front of him, to above him, to slightly behind him. This move mimics Marth's Up Tilt almost exactly, due to fitting in with Merric's anti-air theme and referencing his and Marth's friendship.

Down Tilt: Taking out an Elfire tome, Merric crouches. He then snaps his finger and a small ember appears on the ground a small distance in front of him, burning whatever foe he hits.

Smash Attacks:

Forward Smash: Merric creates a wall of razor wind in front of him. He then extends his arm and points, sending the wall of wind crashing into the foe. The wall travels the width of a Battlefield platform and drags the foe with it, not unlike Greninja's Water Shuriken with far less distance. However, there exists a momentary delay on the move before the wall begins to move. Walking into the unmoving wind wall causes no damage, so Merric must be careful of foes approaching quickly.

Up Smash: Merric summons a massive cyclone above him, which includes a suction effect. Foes are rapidly hit with multiple attacks from the cyclone before they are tossed from it. Foes are launched horizontally, similar to Jigglypuff's down smash.

Down Smash: Merric moves his hand in a small circle while holding an Elfire tome. The ground immediately around him flashes with red before erupting in two columns of fire.

Aerial Attacks:

Neutral Aerial: A gust of wind twirls around Merric's body as a multi-hit move, not dissimilar to Mewtwo's or Pikachu's neutral aerial.

Forward Aerial: Merric extends an arm, performing a motion similar to Robin's forward aerial, and launches a small blast of wind a small distance.

Back Aerial: Merric turns around and holds his Excalibur tome open with both hands as a green blast of wind erupts from it. It's range is short, but the move is very potent.

Up Aerial: Merric lifts his hand and launches two rising wind blasts which carry foes slightly upwards.

Down Aerial: Merric shoots a massive crescent of wind downward. If an opponent is hit by the center of the crescent, they are meteor smashed.

Pummel and Throws:

Pummel: Merric grabs the foe as wind magic pulses into them with each pummel.

Forward Throw: Merric hurls a chilling wind using his Blizzard tome, launching foes forward.

Back Throw: Merric tosses the foe back and blasts them with his Shaver tome.

Up Throw: Merric tosses the foe up and bombards them with three razor wind blasts from Excalibur.

Down Throw: Merric launches a fireball at the grounded opponent, causing a ground bounce.

Special Attacks:

Neutral Special: Excalibur - Merric holds his palm face down over the cover of his tome as it pulses with a green glow. After releasing the button, Merric launches a speedy and aimable razor wind blast. Like Pit's neutral special, this move can have its course adjusted as it flies. This move doesn't do a whole lot of damage or knockback, even when fully charged...against grounded opponents. If the opponent is in the air, however, the damage output gets increased significantly and the knockback is greatly expanded, making this a terrifically versatile anti-air projectile.

Side Special: Swarm - Merric takes out a siege tome, Swarm. When the button is held, a small dark energy orb appears about one Battlefield platform's distance away from Merric. By holding down the button and moving the stick, similar to Greninja's Shadow Sneak, you can move the orb further outward, upward to 80% of the length of Final Destination. However, you may not move it closer to Merric than its starting position and Merric cannot move while preparing this attack. When the move is released, a swarm of dark energy bombards any foe trapped in the blast radius in a high-damage, multi-hit move that does more damage the further away the foe is. Because the move isn't restricted to the stage itself, you can also hit foes off stage, so long as they are directly in Merric's line of sight, in an attempt to ruin their recovery. This move shouldn't be used in Free For Alls, however, as Merric is a sitting duck while using it.

Up Special: Shaver - Merric uses a Shaver tome to launch himself upward. This move doesn't cause any damage, but covers a great deal of vertical distance, compensating for Merric's low jumps. As well, as Merric ascends, he gets a wind box around him, pushing away foes that stray too close.

Down Special: Blizzard - Merric stands in place and takes out a Blizzard tome, pointing his hand diagonally downward toward the ground. While holding the move, he can move the control stick both in front of and behind himself, shooting an icy wind blast toward the ground and freezing it. Merric can only have a total amount of ground equivalent to one Battlefield platform frozen at a time. The frozen ground becomes slippery, making foes that step on it likely to trip, allowing for Merric to either counterattack or escape, or forcing them to make an aerial approach. The ground will thaw after a period of time, however. In the air, this move just acts as a chilling wind attack that's launched diagonally downward and doesn't cover a very large distance.

Final Smash: Starlight - In a cinematic Final Smash, Merric traps all foes in range in a magical bind. The background turns into a star-filled void as Merric unleashes a celestial explosion from the Starlight tome, yelling "Divine Starlight, lend me your aid!" and causing massive damage and knockback.

Taunts:
Up Taunt: Merric raises his hand, palm upward, as a small ball of wind forms in his hand.

Side Taunt: Merric begins reading through his tome, lightly chuckling to himself.

Down Taunt: Wind billows around Merric as Excalibur's pages turn and his hood rises up, while saying "Winds, heed me!"

Victory Animations:

Victory 1: Merric tucks Excalibur away into his robe and takes a bow.
Victory 2: Merric descends to the ground, surrounded by powerful gusts of wind and says, "It's been a pleasure."
Victory 3: Merric, with Excalibur drawn and open, says "The magic I've learned must protect everyone."

Victory vs Marth: Victory 3, except the voice line changes to "Don't worry, Marth. I'm sure Elice will be able to patch you up."

Kirby Hat: Kirby gets Merric's hair, hood, and Excalibur tome.

Alternate Costume: His white bishop robes from Mystery of the Emblem.
Also everyone should swing by the Merric thread and say hi.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
I decided to make a move set for one of my most wanted newcomers, Woolly Yoshi. Let me know what you all think!

Woolly Yoshi Concept

Woolly Yoshi is my idea for a second Yoshi representative. I believe that Woolly Yoshi has enough unique tools and attributes that would make it a fun character to have in Smash. There are plenty of characters that have multiple versions of themselves in the game – so why not the iconic dino?

General: Yoshi would be a lightweight and floaty character as he is made of wool. He has incredible aerial mobility like Jigglypuff, and moves quickly along the ground. When he runs, he uses his wheels from Woolly World. In the air, Yoshi’s second jump is also a flutter jump with armour performed with propellers like in Woolly World, however Woolly Yoshi’s covers more horizontal distance rather than vertical. When Yoshi enters the stage, he rides on Poochie. His alts are not different colours, they’re the redesigns from the game like Shy Guy Yoshi, Cinnamon Yoshi etc.

Special moves:

Standard B: Yarn Ball. This move works exactly like Yoshi’s egg, the only difference here is that they are trapped inside of a yarn ball.

Side B: Moto-Yoshi. Woolly Yoshi transforms into a motorbike and rushes across the stage. Works more similarly to Sonic’s spin dash than it does Wario’s Bike. Can be used in the air to gain horizontal distance.

Down B: Hammer Ground Pound. Another move that Woolly Yoshi shares is the ground pound. Here, Woolly Yoshi turns into a giant hammer and slams down onto the opponents. It is much stronger than Yoshi’s version, but much slower. Think more like Kirby’s Stone.

Up B: Umbrella Yoshi. Woolly Yoshi transforms into an umbrella and flies upwards, headbutting everyone in the way. He floats down like Peach/Daisy.

Smash attacks:

Up Smash: Woolly Yoshi turns into Mermaid Yoshi and does a backflip, hitting with his tail.

Side Smash: Woolly Yoshi transforms into Mole Yoshi and slashes at them with large claws.

Down Smash: Yoshi’s feet turn into propellers and attacks them similar to Bowser Jr.’s down smash.

Final Smash:

Yoshi turns into Sky Pop Yoshi and flies around the stage as a plane, shooting everyone with missiles as he goes.
Awesome work. Would you mind posting it to the Yarn Yoshi thread?

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
Well, another month of speculation begins, as the clock ticks down. So close, yet so far. I hope there's a Direct announcement sometime this week.

Yoshi fans would throw a fit if they did otherwise (the voice itself, that is, said voice clips not having been updated a bit is pretty lazy, you'd think they'd at least ask Totaka about borrowing the modern ones). Besides, the dinos are too cute for this sort of thing, whereas Bowser and Donkey Kong (and now K. Rool) are firece-looking beasts, so them having growling noises is somewhat natural for them. I'll give you Diddy though, but I don't mind it.

There is no Smash fighter that fights like a headbutting caveman... though I don’t think that’s a common archetype. I mean I guess Bald Bull is close?

Mike Jones’ archetype of Guy with yo yo, bat, and psychic attacks... is totally there.

But Zoda’s archetype of insectoid xenomorph like alien isn’t. I’ll take it.

An illusionist based character would also be fun... Kamek, that guy from Geist, a slew of Zelda wizard characters, and Great Tiger from Punch Out all fit this bill.
As low as their chances are, it'd be neat to have Joe & Mac with their clubs around. Not to mention Master Higgins and the hammers he tosses.

Then there's Earthworm Jim, who literally uses his own head to whip people from time to time.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Everyone's playing @Sheppand Pagwins game, but noeones guessing his. I'mmpretty sure I got it, but I'm curious what other people's guesses are first
I've honestly got no idea. My own guess would be whoever his Avatar is. The only musical based person I can think of is Lucio at the moment.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom