• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
I've seen women and gay men on this thread singing the praises of how attractive they think Richter is, just saying (mostly around when he was revealed).

Doesn't the Street Fighter Character Designer deliberately make Chun-Li's thighs bigger and bigger because the Game Director keeps telling him to tone her down or something?
Not totally sure, but I think you are mostly right, what I remember for sure is that he had a fetish for thights and that's why Chun-Li got those muscles legs since her debute.

Last edited:

dezeray112

Smash Hero
If, by some horrific miracle, every generation of Pokemon received a fighter in Smash, echo or not, who would be the best your favorite, perhaps not most likely, picks?

personally,
Kanto: Meowth
Johto: Celebi (Maybe Togepi)
Hoenn: Gardevoir
Sinnoh: Darkrai
Unova: Samurott
Kalos: Hawlucha
Alola: Buzzwole
Kanto: Meowth or Gengar
Johto: Scizor
Unova: Meloetta

Pakky

Smash Hero
Sadly, not trying to be a **** here, but I think Chun-Li would get as a assist trophy at best.

still, seeing Chun-li In Ultimate would be nice, or just have a AT for the SF franchise, since we don't have one as of now.
I feel that coming.

It just feels like she's TOO important to be one even though Ken is a no brainer, Chun-Li I feel is a bigger culture icon than he has ever been. Then again HE IS P2 (like the concept which is HUGE) so its a toss up. So I hope maybe both but Ken is more likely.

Like Tails is another one that REALLY REALLY shouldn't be one, but that too is possible. Shadow is no where near as important as Tails and at this point Sonic should have another 'unique' rep (Most sonic character have similar abilities) but who's to say?

Last edited:

KMDP

Smash Legend
Not totally sure, but I think you are mostly right, what I remember for sure is that he had a fetish for thights and that's why Chun-Li for those muscles legs since her debute.
I vaguely remember someone talking about it... somewhere...

Kind of reminds of the myth about Power Girl (which isn't true).

Picturing the scenario now... XD
Ono: Okay, Mr. Kamei. What is this?
Kamei: I drew Chun-Li.
Ono: Her thighs are ridiculous! Do another design, and improve those thighs!
Kamei: Gotcha... *whistles casually as he draws Chun-Li's thighs another quarter-inch thicker*

Wasn't sure about the specifics, went with the Producer and Artist for SFV, hope I'm right. :laugh:

Pakky

Smash Hero

Kamei: Gotcha... *whistles casually as he draws Chun-Li's thighs another quarter-inch thicker*

Wasn't sure about the specifics, went with the Producer and Artist for SFV, hope I'm right. :laugh:
Ono on Abigail

Last edited:

dezeray112

Smash Hero
Sadly, not trying to be a **** here, but I think Chun-Li would get as a assist trophy at best.

still, seeing Chun-li In Ultimate would be nice, or just have a AT for the SF franchise, since we don't have one as of now.
Whilst I still think that Chun-Li will most likely get a role within Smash Ultimate whether she is going be playable or as an assist trophy, I do think that there are other SF candidates who could also work as assist trophies such as Guile, Cammy, M. Bison, Blanka etc.

Pakky

Smash Hero
Whilst I still think that Chun-Li will most likely get a role within Smash Ultimate whether she is going be playable or as an assist trophy, I do think that there are other SF candidates who could also work as assist trophies such as Guile, Cammy, M. Bison, Blanka etc.
Ono's fav, so its perfect

KMDP

Smash Legend
Ono on Abigail

Didn't know who Abigail was (before you posted the second gif).

First "Tabitha" in Pokémon, now "Abigail" in Street Fighter.

What is it about Japanese game devs and giving male characters female names? :laugh:

Also Abigail is voiced by Xander Mobus, apparently.

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
I feel that coming.

Iit just feels like she's TOO important to be one even though Ken is a no brainer, Chun-Li I feel is a bigger culture icon than he has ever been.

Like Tails is another one that REALLY REALLY shouldn't be one, but that too is possible.
The thing that Ken has over Chun-Li is that, if Ryu is Mr.Fighting Game himself, Ken is the Original Echo Fighter, he didn't create it per say, but he popularized the concept of clone character in fighting game, which Smash Bros always had atleast one since the beginning.:luigi64:

I'm sure Sakurai know that Chun-Li is more popular and iconic, but third-party characters are already controversial enough to include in Smash, including two or more unique fighter in a single third-party franchise would probably not go well with alot of Nintendo fans, so, if Sakurai had to choose the lesser of two evils, Ken, or any third-party character who could be easy echo would get choosed first, as long as they are popular enough that is, which Ken & Shadow are for the most part.

Really, if Chun-Li and Tails get as AT and Ken & Shadow get as echo, don't blame it on Sakurai hating those characters. I know popular character getting AT'ed are generally hated here, but I think it's better to see a character doing cool stuff that they did in their games, rather that being boring trophy or just not here at all. (Hi Isaac in Smash 4!)

That's my opinion anyway, I know I be cold if Malos was a AT instead of a echo, but after awhile, I probably got over it, thinking he got atleast something, and hey, atleast we have the model for modding later on.:4pacman:

I think he actually explained his fetish in detail toward another dev while working on SFII, the person who listened to him got sick afterward or somethin'.

Raspberry

Smash Journeyman
How likely do you think it is for the Balloon Fighter to be a newcomer? I'm asking because today I read about him being considered for inclusion in Melee. I think he's not out of the question in Ultimate, what with the stage, the music etc.

The Stoopid Unikorn

Spiciest of Guacamoles
Switch FC
SW-4202-4979-0504

What is it about Japanese game devs and giving male characters female names? :laugh:

He was from Final Fight, the same game Cody, Guy, Poison, Hugo, Rolento and Haggar come from.

But he was... different back then.

Over9000BPM

Smash Ace
How likely do you think it is for the Balloon Fighter to be a newcomer? I'm asking because today I read about him being considered for inclusion in Melee. I think he's not out of the question in Ultimate, what with the stage, the music etc.
Not likely, like Villager already has what is literally his only move.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666

Fun fact, Tabitha’s Japanese name is Homura...which is also Pyra’s Japanese name

coincidence, I think NOT! :troll:

D

Deleted member

One Pokemon from each Gen? Okay.
Gen 1: Hitmonchan - Little Mac Echo. Neutral B cycles through Fire, Ice and Thunder punch, having more knockback and damage, an ice hitbox and multi-hit stun, respectively. Final Smash is Triple Trouble, which summons Hitmonlee and Hitmontop to deliver a combo attack.
Gen 2: Feraligatr - Unique. Heavyweight who mainly fights using bite attacks. Final Smash is Hydro Cannon, where Feraligatr unleashes a blast of water across the screen that drags opponents offscreen.
Gen 3: Blaziken - Captain Falcon Echo. Neutral B is replaced with one of the Mii's customs that's basically Falcon Punch but as a kick. Final Smash is Eruption Kick, where Blaziken Mega evolves and unleashes a series of powerful blazing kicks in an instant.
Gen 4: Ambipom - Unique. Fights using both of its tail-hands, giving them great range and mobility. Final Smash is Double Slap, a devastating series of 100 slaps.
Gen 5: Zoroark - Unique. Illusion is a special allows her to make a copy of herself ala RoA's Forsbrun's Down B, though it cannot damage the opponent. Final Smash is Night Daze, where Zoroark jumps above the stage before crashing down and releasing an AOE darkness attack.
Gen 6: Aegislash - Unique. Stance fighter, Down B is King's Shield, a counter that changes them back to Shield Form, using any attack other than it leaves them in Attack Form. While in Shield Form, they take much less damage and knockback, and their shield is more resistant, but their moves will have added startup since they need to change to Attack Form first to attack. Final Smash is Sacred Sword, a single powerful and unblockable slash.
Gen 7: Mimikyu - Unique. Mimikyu attacks by using its shadow arms as disjoints, giving them range equal to three times its horizontal size. Mimikyu's "head" is invincible so they can only be hit on the main body. Final Smash is Let's Snuggle Forever where Mimikyu captures the opponent inside them before defeating them completely.

Over9000BPM

Smash Ace
that's an nes sprite...

View attachment 160333
the super metroid artwork was just right imo
I respect that but this is just what I’m used to and it’s just super jarring. I’m a younger Metroid fan and this is the character I grew up with, this is what I’m used to.

Attachments

Last edited:

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Because being respectful to people living their own lives that don't have anything to do with your own SHOULD be black and white and universal.

As human beings we should be kind to one another.

I really shouldn't even have to say this.

Now because I'm not dragging this along since the moderators have stated they want to move on.

Everyone? You have to pad the roster out with 10 echoes. Name them.
10 Echoes? Let’s go!

:ultsheik: - Impa (more power slightly less speed and F Air is from Melee)
:ultdiddy: - Dixie Kong (with Unique mechanics as borrowing :ultdk:‘s cargo throws and possibly Up B, worse stats than Diddy as well)
:ultyoshi: - Yarn Yoshi (floaty as well as very light)
:ultrobin - Celica (recoil on magic attacks, borrows Zelda’s Din’s Fire and Lucina’s Smash attacks)
:ultike: - Black Knight (borrows some Mii Swordfighter specials and is noticeably heavier and slower)
:ultmetaknight: - Galactia Knight (power and range over a lot of speed)
:ultsonic: - Tails (less speed better recovery)
:ultdk: - Funky Kong (less power and combos but wayyyy better recovery)
:ultfalco: - Slippy Toad
:ultpikachu: - Raichu (slower, stronger, longer tail and uses Pilachu’s N64 aerial attacks)

D

Deleted member

I'm not a big SF fan or anything but Chun-Li has become my main for the game whenever I play it on my friend's house so I'd love to see her in Smash. Though I still doubt we'll see uniques from existing 3rd Party franchises.

CosmicQuark

Smash Master
If, by some horrific miracle, every generation of Pokemon received a fighter in Smash, echo or not, who would be the best your favorite, perhaps not most likely, picks?

personally,
While I can't choose favorites, as the only generations I'm familiar with are Gens 1 and 2, I had thought about a way to add Pokemon from every generation that also appeals to my desire for variety, while taking in fan favorites into consideration.

Kanto: Eevee (with a gimmick that involves incorporating the eeveelutions, but would perhaps be impractical) (I'd prefer Team Rocket/Meowth)
Johto: Tyranitar (I'd prefer Scizor or Smeargle)
Hoenn: Blaziken
Sinnoh: Lucario
Unova: Zoroark
Kalos: Greninja
Alola: Decidueye

That way in addition to the veterans we have, we'd have water/grass/fire types in Pokemon Trainer, as well as those separately as fighters, electric, fairy, normal (but with a variety of types to show off), rock, dark, fighting. And changing up the moves of veterans to more closely take advantage of their types. And I'm not sure if any would work as echoes, though finding echos of Lucario and Greninja, or the Pokemon 7 mon, to fill in Gens 3 and 5 could be the best way to solve the issue for Ultimate (not going to happen, and it's probably not a priority for Sakurai). But in a perfect game where all gens were represented, these in addition to veterans would be the way that I would go.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774

personally,
Kanto: Snorlax, Blastoise, Raichu or Gengar
Johto: Scizor
Hoenn: Sceptile or Blaziken
Sinnoh: Weavile
Unova: Infernape
Kalos: Charizard X as a solo Charizard
Alola: Alolan Exeggutor of course

BlastState

Smash Apprentice
NNID
BlastState
3DS FC
0946-2825-3438
Just had a crazy dream last night where there was a surprise Smash Direct aired early in the morning and it showed off the new "Spirits" mode, where it was just some weird 3D beat'em up adventure game (and it also deconfirmed Bandana Dee which ruined me) and it also for some reason had Shovel Knight with an axe as a playable character. After showing a bunch of previews of gameplay and cutscenes and stuff, the Direct ended with an Isaac reveal, which proceeded to have him and a few other random smash characters like Mario and Peach morph into Power Rangers to fight Bowser and his minions...
Don't take Sudafed before bed, kids

Sharkarat

Gibdo Knight
3DS FC
3754-7599-5366
I respect that but this is just what I’m used to and it’s just super jarring
I on the other handfind SR one to be the most awkward one, they just feels comically big on that ingame model. And it's really only Smash 4 and samus return where they're even that big. Comparing the ultimate version to pretty much any other Metroid the difference is really minor.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
I like him purely and only as a nod to Iwata. He was always involved a lot with Smash, and think it's finally time to have Balloon Fighter as one of his creations in Smash.

Over9000BPM

Smash Ace
I on the other handfind SR one to be the most awkward one, they just feels comically big on that ingame model. And it's really only Smash 4 and samus return where they're even that big. Comparing the ultimate version to pretty much any other Metroid the difference is really minor.
Those aren’t the only games I showed and the difference is enormous in all of them.

osby

Smash Obsessed
I like him purely and only as a nod to Iwata. He was always involved a lot with Smash, and think it's finally time to have Balloon Fighter as one of his creations in Smash.
Balloon Fighter was a stage, right?

I mean, it can be both, like Duck Hunt, but Ballon Fighter isn't that popular even with old fans, so it's hard to justify his inclusion as a playable character.

nintenplayer

Smash Journeyman
I really see it happening. Imagine his reveal trailer ending with Iwata Mii fighter on his side.... That'd be really wholesome and great

T-Hell

Smash Lord
-Would I be fine if Incineroar is the playable pokemon? Hell yes. I was a little disappointed by how he ended up being, but I still liked him and chose him over the other 2 in Moon, and the idea of him being the playable Alolan has grown on me.

-The playable pokemon per gen. thing:
1st- Meowth
2nd- Scizor
3rd- Blaziken
4th- Garchomp
5th- Volcarona Durant Cryogonal Zoroark
6th- Tyrantrum
7th- Bewear

-The 10 extra echos thing:
KK Slider :ultvillager: Even though he would fit more as an unique, but don't care about Isabelle.
Shadow :ultsonic:
Dixie :ultdiddy:
Yarn Yoshi :ultyoshi:
Birdo :ultyoshi:
Impa :ultsheik:
Alph :ultolimar:
Ken :ultryu:
Black Shadow :ultfalcon:
Kumatora :ultlucas:

That was kinda hard lol.

Mercury203

Smash Rookie
Told to move this here:

"I would like to clear things up as people here on Smashboards as well as Gamefaqs and Resetera are accusing me of being Zipzo's alt. I am not. I am simply here to talk about smash and I posted in the discussion. I think that Zipzo should have not exaggerated when posting here, but he did have a legit way to play the game. Doxxing him and bringing unrelated political beliefs into the discussion is unacceptable. That is all."

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
10 extra echoes

:ultike: - Black Knight
:ultmegaman: - Protoman
:ultpalutena: - Medusa
:ultryu: - Ken
:ultsnake: - Big Boss
:ultsonic: - Shadow
:ultzelda: - Hilda
:ultbayonetta: - Jeanne
:ultolimar: - Louie
:ultdk: - Funky Kong

personally,
Kanto: Blastoise - Bulky defense play with strong zoning tools
Johto: Tyranitar - Bulky all-out attacker
Hoenn: Sceptile - Fragile but extremely quick with loads of movement options and quick attacks
Sinnoh: Darkrai - Pure zoner with the Bad Dreams gimmick causing damage if it puts a fighter to sleep
Unova: Hydreigon - Makes use of it's extra heads to cover more areas when zoning, physical attacks hit three times.
Kalos: Noivern - Super quick and fragile fighter based around using its projectiles to chip away safely
Alola: Salazzle - Fire/Poison damage being dealt over time. Think FANG but good.

Garteam

Smash Master
NNID
Garteam
A moveset that's generally safe on shields due to having multiple grabs.

"But Bowser and Ganondorf have command grabs too"

Yeah, but their moveset don't rely on it. Especially in Bowser's case since a regular grab is better option than his side B in literally any situation but a KO.

Alright, but I'll just drop one last thing;

None of those canon pics have her as thicc as Smash 4.
I understand what you're saying, but I'm kinda iffy on the idea that Incineroar could be a character solely designed around grabs.

Assuming that none of Incineroar's jabs, tilts, aerials, or smash attacks are grabs, that leaves the 4 special moves to serve as Incineroar's grab quota. Darkest Lariat would be in Incineroar's moveset, there's no way it wouldn't. It's his most iconic move, it would be like not having Aura Sphere or Water Shrunken in Lucario and Greninja's moveset, so that knocks it down the command grab potential to 3 special moves.

Additionally, while Up B could be a command grab like Captain Falcon or Ganondorf, he would be much better with a recovery isn't as linear as a command grab. Likewise, there's only really two ways to do a command grab as an Up B: latching on to the opponent and doing damage (which would simply copy Captain Falcon) or a move that freely lets Incineroar throw his opponent in the air (which would be hands down the strongest edge guarding tool in the game and let Incineroar get kills at stupidly early percents).

That means most of Incineroar's play style would be stapled around 2 command grabs, which would make him uninteresting to watch, play as, and play against.

drag0nscythe

Smash Master
Still hoping for goemon. Still wishing.

And i am still super excited for Ridley yessss. He looks great. Cannot wait for this game. Taking of work that day to play it. Will blitz it all friday and then have to put it away for christmas. So excited.

The Stoopid Unikorn

Spiciest of Guacamoles
Switch FC
SW-4202-4979-0504
I understand what you're saying, but I'm kinda iffy on the idea that Incineroar could be a character solely designed around grabs.

Assuming that none of Incineroar's jabs, tilts, aerials, or smash attacks are grabs, that leaves the 4 special moves to serve as Incineroar's grab quota. Darkest Lariat would be in Incineroar's moveset, there's no way it wouldn't. It's his most iconic move, it would be like not having Aura Sphere or Water Shrunken in Lucario and Greninja's moveset, so that knocks it down the command grab potential to 3 special moves.

Additionally, while Up B could be a command grab like Captain Falcon or Ganondorf, he would be much better with a recovery isn't as linear as a command grab. Likewise, there's only really two ways to do a command grab as an Up B: latching on to the opponent and doing damage (which would simply copy Captain Falcon) or a move that freely lets Incineroar throw his opponent in the air (which would be hands down the strongest edge guarding tool in the game and let Incineroar get kills at stupidly early percents).

That means most of Incineroar's play style would be stapled around 2 command grabs, which would make him uninteresting to watch, play as, and play against.
Depends on what the grabs are.

If he gets something like Solomon Grundy's trait from Injustice or something based off of King from Tekken, we could have some stuff that's more than just 2 command grabs.

Last edited:

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Balloon Fighter was a stage, right?

I mean, it can be both, like Duck Hunt, but Ballon Fighter isn't that popular even with old fans, so it's hard to justify his inclusion as a playable character.
Same with Ice Climbers. That game also didn't do all too well on NES. And like Animal Crossing before, Balloon Fighter could have a stage in Smash 4 and then get a playable character this time around.

Speaking of stages, it's really about time we got a Bowser's Castle stage. This has been said a trillion times now I imagine, but that doesn't mean it's less of an eyesore that such a stage doesn't yet excists in Smash.

The Stoopid Unikorn

Spiciest of Guacamoles
Switch FC
SW-4202-4979-0504
And like Animal Crossing before, Balloon Fighter could have a stage in Smash 4 and then get a playable character this time around.
In that case...

Electroplankton for Smash :V

Speaking of stages, it's really about time we got a Bowser's Castle stage. This has been said a trillion times now I imagine, but that doesn't mean it's less of an eyesore that such a stage doesn't yet excists in Smash.
100% agreed.

Bowser deserves to kick some ass in his own turf.

Paper Mario doesn't and never should count since it's just a third of the stage.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom