• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

P.Kat

Smash Champion
Here's a question (One I asked a while ago, but was ignored because I think I asked when the discussion was going a mile a minute and it was swept away in the current of conversation): Do any of you have a specific reaction in mind (say, a video or gif) for when a certain character gets revealed?

Like, you plan to show [x] video if [y] character is revealed.
I have two videos/songs in mind when/if Amaterasu is revealed.
Also for Persona Assist Trophies:
View attachment 160263
You bet your *** I’d want it (And actually expect it) to be Aigis.

She is one of the most popular and iconic characters from the series, getting her own spin-off prequel, an expansion where she was in the starring role (She also became a Wild Card weilder herself), and even became a sort of mascot of Persona 3 as of Dancing in Moonlight, it’s without a doubt that she is the Zero/Alucard of the Persona series.

While I don’t think she would be playable since Joker has simply made more of an impact with the release of Persona 5, I feel she is important and unique enough, to have a spot as an Assist Trophy.
also best girl
She looks like a great character to play with, but, I see your Aigis, and raise you a...

Labrys. It would be great if she was either playable, or an Assist Trophy.

osby

Smash Obsessed

She looks like a great character to play with, but, I see your Aigis, and raise you a...

Both are great. My personal favourite is P3 Hero but I'd gladly take toasters over him.

ThatGuyWhoKnowsNothing

Smash Apprentice
Here's a question (One I asked a while ago, but was ignored because I think I asked when the discussion was going a mile a minute and it was swept away in the current of conversation): Do any of you have a specific reaction in mind (say, a video or gif) for when a certain character gets revealed?

I'll put that video of Esam popping off against Ally everywhere if Tails gets revealed

CrowGoesCaw

Smash Journeyman

Oh man, I definitely have one if Ridley ever gets in.

_79__slowpoke_icon_by_crazywackybonkerz-dayh17b.png.jpg

Garteam

Smash Master
NNID
Garteam
Which I already game my opinion on in the Incineroar thread.
There are a lot of good points in this write-up, and I commend you on that. However, the idea of a character with low mobility and a weak combo game that hits like a truck and relies on defensive, bait-and-punish play to be successful has been done before. Bowser and Ganondorf have been using that play style since Melee. The question for Incineroar then becomes, "What bring to the table that Bowser/Ganondorf can't?".

Louisacommie

Smash Apprentice
Gen 1: gengar
Gen 2: feraligatr
Gen 3: blaziken
Gen 4: empleon
Gen 5: Serperior
Gen 6: sylveon
Gen 7" incernerour

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061

Labrys is pretty cool, I like her as a character tbh and I think she’s fun to use in the Arena games so her being the Assist would be great.

Over9000BPM

Smash Ace
ZSS was never supposed to be thicc anyway.

She's supposed to be athletic, so the Ultimate design is actually more true to the character than her Smash 4 design.
Meh, I have a hundred canon ZSS pictures where she’s still more thicc than Ultimate. But I’m tired of arguing about this, and it makes people feel uncomfortable so let’s not.

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
Who need a thicc girl when you got a THICC CROCODILE?!?:ultkrool:

The Stoopid Unikorn

Spiciest of Guacamoles
Switch FC
SW-4202-4979-0504
There are a lot of good points in this write-up, and I commend you on that. However, the idea of a character with low mobility and a weak combo game that hits like a truck and relies on defensive, bait-and-punish play to be successful has been done before. Bowser and Ganondorf have been using that play style since Melee. The question for Incineroar then becomes, "What bring to the table that Bowser/Ganondorf can't?".
A moveset that's generally safe on shields due to having multiple grabs.

"But Bowser and Ganondorf have command grabs too"

Yeah, but their moveset don't rely on it. Especially in Bowser's case since a regular grab is better option than his side B in literally any situation but a KO.

Meh, I have a hundred canon ZSS pictures where she’s still more thicc than Ultimate. But I’m tired of arguing about this, and it makes people feel uncomfortable so let’s not.
Alright, but I'll just drop one last thing;

None of those canon pics have her as thicc as Smash 4.

Last edited:

P.Kat

Smash Champion
I'd actually want to see a character that uses different Stances, not completely different fighters, just different properties in certain moves.
*Cough cough*

Ok, but for real, Oricorio is my favorite of the Gen 7 Mons and it would be perfect to give Smash another Stance fighting style. The basic idea I have for its moveset was Down B as the Nectar(Baile would be the default, order would go Baile-->Pom-Pom-->Pa'u-->Sensu) and Neutral B as Revelation Dance which would change depending on the current form(Fire deals more damage and knockback, Electric is the fastest stuns, Psychic is the slowest and serves as a deflector too and Ghost passes through everything, including walls, and launches the opponent in the opposite direction).

Maybe I should make a thread for them alongside a moveset...
*whistle innocently*
1535514763342.jpeg
1535514856745.jpeg

Like a character who can switch between weapons on the fly?

Last edited:

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
I still stand behind my belief that Celica being a Robin echo would make no sense at all. They share the same weapon types in the most basic sense, but the implementation is completely different.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
In addition to the generally awkward thirst that's apparent whenever the subject's brought up, I'm absolutely convinced most people posting here don't know what "thicc" actually means if you're using it to describe characters with toned and athletic builds...

Over9000BPM

Smash Ace
A moveset that's generally safe on shields due to having multiple grabs.

"But Bowser and Ganondorf have command grabs too"

Yeah, but their moveset don't rely on it. Especially in Bowser's case since a regular grab is better option than his side B in literally any situation but a KO.

Alright, but I'll just drop one last thing;

None of those canon pics have her as thicc as Smash 4.
Can’t argue with that. I guess I just preferred the previous non-canon design to the new non-canon design.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
In addition to the generally awkward thirst that's apparent whenever the subject's brought up, I'm absolutely convinced most people posting here don't know what "thicc" actually means if you're using it to describe characters with toned and athletic builds...
Opossum: "Please, stop calling everything thicc"
This thread: *points at stick figure* "Thicc"

Over9000BPM

Smash Ace
I’m just using the word that keeps coming up when I complain about the topic. I’m not down with the lingo. Cultural appropriation sue me.

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700

Hehe.
Sadly, not trying to be a **** here, but I think Chun-Li would get as a assist trophy at best.

still, seeing Chun-li In Ultimate would be nice, or just have a AT for the SF franchise, since we don't have one as of now.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Sadly, not trying to be a **** here, but I think Chun-Li would get as a assist trophy at best.

still, seeing Chun-li In Ultimate would be nice, or just have a AT for the SF franchise, since we don't have one as of now.
Then E3 2019 reveals Bison as a newcomer "Making it in Smash as a playable character can seem impossible. But for me? It was a Tuesday"

D

Deleted member

I can get tho why TP fans may be sad. They went from having 4 designs from it (3 if you not count Sheik) to zero in Ultimate
It's been for 2 Smash generations in a row though, and it may have been time to move on.
Not to mention TP is among the most boring Zelda besides the Stallord and Zant fights to start with.

The Stoopid Unikorn

Spiciest of Guacamoles
Switch FC
SW-4202-4979-0504
Nah, it’s too far in the athletic direction for me. Fair play to anyone that does like it but it just looks weird to me. This is why I want an alt for compromise. Like Ike got.
Ike's designs look different enough to afford the alt treatment.

ZSS's designs in Smash are either "muscular build" or "she's got boobs but wears the exact same thing" or the Brawl one which is neither of those things.

Last edited:

MalcolmBelmont

Smash Journeyman
I am assuming we are going to get a Nintendo Direct some time in September which will likely have a trailler for Smash. Do you think we will get one newcomer and one echo for the next ND?

KMDP

Smash Legend
In addition to the generally awkward thirst that's apparent whenever the subject's brought up
I've seen women and gay men on this thread singing the praises of how attractive they think Richter is, just saying (mostly around when he was revealed).

Doesn't the Street Fighter Character Designer deliberately make Chun-Li's thighs bigger and bigger because the Game Director keeps telling him to tone her down or something?

Last edited:

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
Maybe the Assist Trophy will be Marie from Persona 4 Golden since we all know Atlus loves her and her terrible Social Link. :^]

(Okay but in all seriousness please don’t be Marie if it were a P4 character and let it be someone like Teddie)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom