• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
Well, I don't need *** to enjoy a guy who can kick mine.
Yeah, I agree with this, I was joking for the most part, but dang, that was one hell of a ass...

But I take the man himself in Ultimate over his ass tbh.:seuss:
But Blue Hunter Z...

I raise a question.
Don't get me wrong, I like both, but recently, I got an apprication for female character with muscles to show. And seeing the Smash team adding muscles to one of the most badass space warrior out there is definitly something I can be fine if sacrifice as to be made.

Plus, Ultimate is going to have mods in the future, it's going to happen one day, so if peoples REALLY can't stand Samus without her boobs, then become a pirate and got find da booty.:ultkrool:

Imadethistoseealeak

Smash Champion

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
That is interesting, since Loz18 said that some characters are in to promote future games... I wonder if it means that one of those games is the fabled F-Zero sequel
So, if true, from what we've got

:ultinkling:- Continued Splatoon 2 updates
:ultdaisy:-Super Mario Party? Mario Golf Eagles?
:ultridley:&:ultdarksamus:- Metroid Prime 4
:ultsimon:&:ultrichter:- What are you planning Konami?
:ultchrom:- 3 Houses or more FE Heroes stuff?
:ultkrool:- Now you're just toying with me.

MoonlitIllusion

Smash Champion

After how successful tropical freeze was a new DK game is probably coming, maybe k rool will actually be in this one.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
No :(

(However it would be really weird of whatever this game is got a character XD)

The only thing we really lost. Can't believe OOT Ganon doesn't have a beard. That's why they should have gone with WW Ganondorf otherwise known as best Ganondorf.
That beard is partially why I'm quietly hoping for Toon Ganondorf as an Echo.

KMDP

Smash Legend
Plus, Ultimate is going to have mods in the future, it's going to happen one day, so if peoples REALLY can't stand Samus without her boobs, then become a pirate and got find da booty.
I swear, "Zamus Smash 4 Boob Mod" and "Snake True Butt Mod" will probably be among the first mods made once polygon adjustments become possible. :laugh:

Also a certain mod that is "Etika Approved" will show up shortly thereafter.

True Blue Warrior

Smash Hero
NNID
TrueBlueSM
3DS FC
2036-7619-4276

Donkey Kong Country X-Treme: Killer K. Rool's Revengeance , obviously.

Frizz

Will Thwack You At 0%
I swear, "Zamus Smash 4 Boob Mod" and "Snake True Butt Mod" will probably be among the first mods made once polygon adjustments become possible. :laugh:

And Thicc mods! Don't forget the Thicc mods!

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700

I be here waiting for the muscles mods on Wii Fit Trainer who is never going to happen probably.

That and the Malos mod for Shulk, if Malos isn't in the base game...

KMDP

Smash Legend
Oh yeah! Pakky Pakky , while you're here.

Could you make a 30 pixel and 35 pixel version of your Black Knight icon for me?

I'd do it myself, but I'd feel like I was stepping on your toes if I did.
That's what I meant when I said "an Etika Approved mod". :laugh:
If I'm being honest, I'd be very tempted to use a thicc mod if modding is a) easy and b) safe.

Flynn__

Smash Journeyman
Loz is full of **** tho

I am pretty sure the only one with some credible info was Verg, and even him had some fake info too. You should stop repeating what leakers said like they are Sakurai himself guys.

Last edited:

Over9000BPM

Smash Ace
I wanted to know if Samus’ lost assets were something that had come from actual recent Metroid canon, as I would have respected the change if it was. So I googled it. The things I saw... *Shudders and mumbles something about the end of days*.

King Sonnn DeDeDoo

Smash Champion
So in terms of play styles, are there any fighting game archetypes we’re missing in smash? In smash 4 we had Rosalina and Luma were the puppet archetype, and Robin had an “ammo” mechanics with weapon durability.

So in terms of gameplay style what do you want to see with new move sets?

Pakky

Smash Hero
So in terms of play styles, are there any fighting game archetypes we’re missing in smash? In smash 4 we had Rosalina and Luma were the puppet archetype, and Robin had an “ammo” mechanics with weapon durability.

We don't have any zoners at least i don't think so.

Nor Charge characters.

Or characters that grapple/command throw in most of their moves (that could change now)

osby

Smash Obsessed

Nor Charge characters.

Or characters that grapple/command throw in most of their moves (that could change now)
If :ultduckhunt: isn't a zoner, I know the definition of that word wrong.

KMDP

Smash Legend

Well, there's "Grappler", we have lots of characters with command grabs, but none for whom grappling is a majority of their playstyle.
... :ultgreninja:'d by Pakky, oh well. XD
I be here waiting for the muscles mods on Wii Fit Trainer who is never going to happen probably.
Someday...

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352

We're still missing a proper grappler, although we might get that sooner rather than later with Incineroar.

Sharkarat

Gibdo Knight
3DS FC
3754-7599-5366

Nor Charge characters.

I don't think a charge character works in smash mechanically.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

How many command grabs does a character need to be considered a grappler because half of Ganon's specials are grabs.

Whatever the **** this is

True Blue Warrior

Smash Hero
NNID
TrueBlueSM
3DS FC
2036-7619-4276
In regards to Smash Ultimate ZSS, ZSS in Ultimate pretty much looks mostly the same as ZSS in Smash 4 (which of course was a design based off Other M) with the biggest difference being the reduced bust size and the more muscular legs (which are definitely more thinner than in SM ZSS's concept art). The biggest difference between the concept art and Ultimate ZSS is that the former has more heavy dark blue highlights. The cuffs and the pink Chozo marks on her chest as well as the back of her left hand makes this clear her Ultimate design is just an edited version of her Smash 4 look.

Kuon

Smash Champion
3DS FC
2294-4910-8117
Switch FC
SW-3044-7219-1427
I just watched a video about why Sora won't be in Smash, and the comments are arguing that Sora has a very good chance, and I just wanted to say this about the issue. I think the biggest problem with Sora being in Smash is that Smash Bros is a celebration of videogame characters, and although Kingdom Hearts is a videogame series, Disney is all about cartoons and movies. Including Kingdom Hearts would mean they'd have to include Disney characters, and that would no longer make Smash Bros about videogame characters. It would be about videogame and movie characters. Seeing Disney's Hercules as an assist trophy just wouldn't feel right, since he's from a Disney movie and not a videogame. Also, having Disney music in Smash Bros wouldn't make sense, since most Disney music is form movies and cartoons. I'm sorry, but saying Sora will be in Smash is like saying Goku will be in Smash. It's just not happening, because Sora represents Disney and Disney represents cartoons and movies.

Tl;dr: Sora is Disney, and Disney is cartoons and movies, not videogames, which is what Smash is all about: videogames.

Over9000BPM

Smash Ace
In regards to Smash Ultimate ZSS, ZSS in Ultimate pretty much looks mostly the same as ZSS in Smash 4 (which of course was a design based off Other M) with the biggest difference being the reduced bust size and the more muscular legs (which are definitely more thinner than in SM ZSS's concept art). The biggest difference between the concept art and Ultimate ZSS is that the former has more heavy dark blue highlights. The cuffs and the pink Chozo marks on her chest as well as the back of her left hand makes this clear her Ultimate design is just an edited version of her Smash 4 look.
I want either Smash 4 or SR ZSS. Ultimate looks like an awkward mishmash of the two and I honestly find it difficult to look at.

Last edited:

Smooth Criminal

Da Cheef
NNID
boundless_light
Pakky Pakky

We definitely have zoners in the cast! Megaman, Duck Hunt, Toon Link, ROB, Robin, and probably a few more that I don't feel like listing at the moment. They heavily rely on projectiles for their gameplan.

Charge characters, well, you couldn't really make them work well in this environment. It'd be really hard to sit there and hold down-back to charge whatever you need to charge and throw out there, given how Smash's movement works. Grappler archetypes, wellllllllll...it's a bit of a stretch, but characters like Ganon and Bowser sorta fit that categorical bill? Slow, powerful characters with meaty moves and match-dictating grabs. The other heavies I'd hand-wobble at that sorta distinction (e.g. Dedede).

Smooth Criminal

Last edited:

Untouch

Smash Master
How many command grabs does a character need to be considered a grappler because half of Ganon's specials are grabs.
I don't want to bring this back to Incineroar, but it's funny because Bowser is really grapple focused too, with Side B and his massive pivot range. That's part of the reason why I'd be disappointed with Incineroar over a lot of gen 7 choices.

KMDP

Smash Legend
*looks up a list of Fighting Game archetypes*

Okay, there's...
  1. All-Rounder
  2. Rushdown
  3. Mix-up
  4. Dominating
  5. Trap Fighter
  6. Puppet Fighter
  7. Tag Team
  8. Grappler
  9. Semi-Grappler
  10. Stance Fighter
  11. Power-Up Fighter
  12. Ammo Fighter
Well, some of these are obvious. XD

Last edited:

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
I just watched a video about why Sora won't be in Smash, and the comments are arguing that Sora has a very good chance, and I just wanted to say this about the issue. I think the biggest problem with Sora being in Smash is that Smash Bros is a celebration of videogame characters, and although Kingdom Hearts is a videogame series, Disney is all about cartoons and movies. Including Kingdom Hearts would mean they'd have to include Disney characters, and that would no longer make Smash Bros about videogame characters. It would be about videogame and movie characters. Seeing Disney's Hercules as an assist trophy just wouldn't feel right, since he's from a Disney movie and not a videogame. Also, having Disney music in Smash Bros wouldn't make sense, since most Disney music is form movies and cartoons. I'm sorry, but saying Sora will be in Smash is like saying Goku will be in Smash. It's just not happening, because Sora represents Disney and Disney represents cartoons and movies.

Tl;dr: Sora is Disney, and Disney is cartoons and movies, not videogames, which is what Smash is all about: videogames.
Disney is a giant multimedia company. Hypothetically, Scorpion getting in wouldn't be a gateway for Bugs Bunny despite both being owned by Warner Bros., and Steve getting in wouldn't be a boon for Clippy simply due to being owned by Microsoft.

Just use the stuff from Kingdom Hearts itself, or if anything else from Disney comes with it, use their Kingdom Hearts variations exclusively.

CaptainAmerica

Smash Master
NNID
TomOfHyrule
Everyone? You have to pad the roster out with 10 echoes. Name them.
:ultsonic: Tails
:ultzelda: Twili Midna
:ultlink: Urbosa (with some Marth moves)
:ultsheik: Impa
:ultvillager: Isabelle
:ultdiddy: Dixie
:ultdk: Chunky
:ultpalutena: Azura (FE)
:ultrosalina: Gardevoir (Pkmn)
and :ultyoshi: Boshi for Zinith Zinith

If, by some horrific miracle, every generation of Pokemon received a fighter in Smash, echo or not, who would be the best your favorite, perhaps not most likely, picks?
1: Arcanine (Yeah, Meowth, but I really want Arcanine in some way even if it's just a Pokéball)
2: Lugia (Ecruteak City stage pls)
3: Gardevoir
4: ...Vespiquen? Or Gallade?
5: Bisharp
6: Pangoro (Tyrantrum Pokéball when?)
7: Buzzwole

What would your reaction be if Incineroar ends up being the next character reveal?
Meh. I'm not really for him, but I'd be alright with it. We do have a lot of fire-based characters on the roster already.
TP Zelda is the most horrible Zelda design I've ever seen and I'm so glad it's gone, it looks nothing like Zelda and I literally couldn't play as her simply because of it. TP looks like she wants to die and kills all wildlife in her proximity but Ultimate Zelda gives life to everyone in a 10km radius around her.
:crying:
I love the TP designs, especially that Zelda is a colder ruler. It was a really nice change from the typical 'sunshine and rainbows' princesses we see a lot of in Peach and the various Disney characters. TP was definitely my absolute favorite design for Zelda.
The only thing we really lost. Can't believe OOT Ganon doesn't have a beard. That's why they should have gone with WW Ganondorf otherwise known as best Ganondorf.
...WW? Can't really say I was a fan. OoT is ok - definitely makes him look like a roguish their. TP was an evil king. But best Ganondorf was undoubtedly Hyrule Warriors, which should be his new canon design.

Untouch

Smash Master
Disney is pretty notoriously difficult to deal with legally, I'm not sure nintendo wants to deal with that.

Pakky

Smash Hero
I don't want to bring this back to Incineroar, but it's funny because Bowser is really grapple focused too, with Side B and his massive pivot range. That's part of the reason why I'd be disappointed with Incineroar over a lot of gen 7 choices.
Eh does one move make you a "Grappler?"

P.Kat

Smash Champion
What would your reaction be if Incineroar ends up being the next character reveal?
Disappointed, there're more interesting Pokémon than Incineroar, if he gets in congrats to those who wanted him.
What would your reaction be if Lycanroc ended up being the next character reveal?

I know we discussed chances a lot for Lycanroc, but I have not seen much thoughts on reactions to his potential reveal.
I would love it if Lycanroc was our Pokémon newcomer he is one of my Gen 7 faves.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom