• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Bebe Mignon

Smash Ace
Remember that secret project that Pyra's voice actor was talking about? I think it might be related to Dragalia Lost.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Speaking of Paper Mario, I can also imagine him making the roster right now. We already have 3 Links, so 3 Marios also wouldn't be too much of a problem I imagine.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
Remember that secret project that Pyra's voice actor was talking about? I think it might be related to Dragalia Lost.
If her voice is used there it might well be that. Rex & Pyra are more likely to be Smash DLC than make it to the base roster anyways.

Bebe Mignon

Smash Ace
If her voice is used there it might well be that. Rex & Pyra are more likely to be Smash DLC than make it to the base roster anyways.
I also heard that Melia's voice actor, Jenna Coleman, is voicing for Dragalia Lost, but I don't know if it's true.

Edit: Sorry for the off-topic post lol. I got a little too excited after hearing that Jenna might be in a new project. :)

Last edited:

SvartWolf

Smash Champion
regarding zero suits rockets heel's.... they are terrible... mostly cause how much they stick out from the design, and how they are the only element with that design in the whole character, throwing balance trough the window. have zero suit had a couple of brqacalets, or some kind of "spine armor" where the suit would be plugged, designed with teh same aesthethics that the heels, it would help the balance of teh design tremendously.

Yeah Bayonetta also had some super silly heels, but they are completely integrated in her design.

that being said, Zamus new design is an improvement. Unlike snake's butt that looks like some kind of "leg popeye".

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Especially when one of those Marios would be a completely unique character.
Yes, or at least mostly unique.

For example I can see Paper Mario use quite a few attacks of regular Mario.

Neutral B for example, but maybe with a Fire Flower sticker animation for example
Side B can be a projectile reflector, but done in a Paper Mario- sort of fashion, I imagine the animation being sort of similar to the Dimensional Warp from Super Paper Mario where the flip reflects projectiles but does no damage
Up B should be a paper plane
Down B should definitely NOT BE FLUDD however

But most other moves would probably work with Paper Mario safe for maybe a couple of aerials. Dr.Mario's D Air seems fitting as well. And Smash attacks based loosely on Mr. Game & Watch (instead of the torch do a hammer swing with similar hitboxes).

Anyway, it's already indeed a more unique concept than :ultlink::ulttoonlink::ultyounglink: so anything will be fine honestly.

Besides, I don't see any other Mario newcomer to be very likely.

Roberk

Smash Champion
A16681CD-B083-4334-8A8D-FD5C1D4E492E.jpeg

Y’all call any amount of body mass whether it be muscle or fat “thicc” smh.

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
>10 Echoes

:ultbowser: = Dry Bowser
:ultwolf: = Leon Powalski
:ultinkling: = Octoling
:ultsonic: = Metal Sonic
:ultvillager: = Isabelle
:ultmetaknight: = Galacta Knight
:ultmegaman: = Protoman
:ultpacman: = Ms. Pacman
:ultlucario: = Riolu
:ultpikachu: = Raichu

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
Hm, have we seen if the Metal Box has made a return? Just had a horrible thought of 'Metal Mario' being an echo. (*Shudder* or dare I think it, bloody 'pink-gold Peach')

MoonlitIllusion

Smash Champion
regarding zero suits rockets heel's.... they are terrible... mostly cause how much they stick out from the design, and how they are the only element with that design in the whole character, throwing balance trough the window. have zero suit had a couple of brqacalets, or some kind of "spine armor" where the suit would be plugged, designed with teh same aesthethics that the heels, it would help the balance of teh design tremendously.

Yeah Bayonetta also had some super silly heels, but they are completely integrated in her design.

that being said, Zamus new design is an improvement. Unlike snake's butt that looks like some kind of "leg popeye".
this is also very true, why the hell are they neon yellow and glowing? they threw on those bracelets to try and bring the design together but it's just not a cute look

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Playing Fire Emblem Heroes yet again cause I got a new phone. So that Hero King Marth really makes me want another Archanea game in a modern setting like Echoes, starring Marth as the proper Hero King he is :ultmarth:

P.Kat

Smash Champion
If, by some horrific miracle, every generation of Pokemon received a fighter in Smash, echo or not, who would be the best your favorite, perhaps not most likely, picks?

personally,
Kanto: Meowth
Johto: Celebi (Maybe Togepi)
Hoenn: Gardevoir
Sinnoh: Darkrai
Unova: Samurott
Kalos: Hawlucha
Alola: Buzzwole
Let's see...
Kanto: Arcanine
Johto: Scizor
Sinnoh: Lucario* whisper* What?! Choose someone else?! Fine, Weavile (Honorary mention: Infernape)
Unova: Zoroark (Honorary mention: Meloetta)
Alola: Primarina

Sharkarat

Gibdo Knight
3DS FC
3754-7599-5366

Like just recoloring would be an massive upgrade

SonicMario

Smash Master
Hm, have we seen if the Metal Box has made a return? Just had a horrible thought of 'Metal Mario' being an echo. (*Shudder* or dare I think it, bloody 'pink-gold Peach')
I believe Metal Box was already shown to be an item somewhere. But to be honest I wouldn't mind if they at least made it an easter egg that Peach becomes Pink Gold Peach temporarily when she gets the metal box.

And besides, I doubt a character gets two echoes. Peach already has Daisy.

D

Deleted member

WE'RE AT 100 DAYS UNTIL ULTIMATE. Depending on your time zone. HEATED DISCUSSIONS AND FAKE LEAKS AHOY.

JXPkFOtZ.png

Sharkarat

Gibdo Knight
3DS FC
3754-7599-5366
lmao I was thinking about this recently and pink is ****ing perfect as there's the pink signs on her hands, chest and back usually, was thinking Orange can work too, cause complimentary colouring and the Varia Suit being Orange
Yeah, I specifically colored it pink based on those.
I made that at some point because I wanted see how it would look with the heels and its glow actually matching the rest of the suit.
I just want the ZSS I’m familiar with. Why is that so wrong?
Like I'm fine with SR's Concept Zero Suit, but I don't like the ingame version. And I just disagree with your alt costume suggestion, cause I think the diffenence isn't noticable enough to be worth it.

SebasSancy

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW 6766 2698 9475
If, by some horrific miracle, every generation of Pokemon received a fighter in Smash, echo or not, who would be the best your favorite, perhaps not most likely, picks?

personally,
Kanto: Psyduck (my favorite pokémon <3)
Johto: Ampharos
hoenn: Gardevoir
Sinnoh: Empoleon
Unova: Mienshao
Kalos: Braixen
Alola: Alolan Champion with Decidueye, Primarina e Incineroar

KMDP

Smash Legend
Like just recoloring would be an massive upgrade
lmao I was thinking about this recently and pink is ****ing perfect as there's the pink signs on her hands, chest and back usually, was thinking Orange can work too, cause complimentary colouring and the Varia Suit being Orange
Hmm...

Sharkarat, could you do a recolour with Samus with orange on the heels and cuffs? I'd like to see what it looks like.

EDIT: Also, since I know it annoys artists (:troll: I know because it's happened to me), you didn't change the colour of the left (her right) cuff, it's still yellow.

Last edited:

Over9000BPM

Smash Ace
Yeah, I specifically colored it pink based on those.
I made that at some point because I wanted see how it would look with the heels and its glow actually matching the rest of the suit.
Like I'm fine with SR's Concept Zero Suit, but I don't like the ingame version. And I just disagree with your alt costume suggestion, cause I think the diffenence isn't noticable enough to be worth it.
:(

Collective of Bears

King of Hug Style
NNID
Gark430
3DS FC
1805-3069-0371

personally,
Kanto: Meowth (I unironically want him)
Johto: Suicune
Hoenn: Deoxys (With form changes)
Sinnoh: Infernape
Unova: Genesect
Kalos: Braixen
Alola: Tapu Koko

D

Deleted member

Only a few more days until September, then we can start hyping ourselves up for a September Direct that may or may not come!

KMDP

Smash Legend
There's a ton of great Pokemon music that sadly gets neglected in Smash.

If we're talking about neglected Pokémon music.

Just gonna... leave this here...
(It's the Dr. Pez cover because it's as close as we'll probably get to an HD remaster)

Last edited:

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
WE'RE AT 100 DAYS UNTIL ULTIMATE. Depending on your time zone. HEATED DISCUSSIONS AND FAKE LEAKS AHOY.

View attachment 160351
I hope we won't see 10 000 fake leaks.

Only a few more days until September, then we can start hyping ourselves up for a September Direct that may or may not come!
That's the spirit! Only 2 days from now before the fun begins.

Or worse, Baby Mario with Baby everyone else from his series.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom