• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Takasmash

Smash Ace
I wouldn't care if the roster gets leak besides smash ultimate has been predictable dont see the big deal.

Sakurai is purposely hinting newcomer he is a troll we all know that.

Smash Ultimate is coming out 4 half months.

-crump-

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1590-4951-5915
Switch FC
SW-4366-1207-0908
Okay.

ResetERA is going to far.

Hey folks, I know you're there. The mod you're insulting is one of the sweetest mods on this site. They're trying to do their job and if you disagree with that, that's okay.

What's not okay is implying they agree with the person they're trying to defend. Mods just try to keep things running smoothly.

Implying that the mod in question is transphobic is crazy. Especially since the mod in question has been a long time transwoman and a big member of the community.

Get off your high horse.

I especially don't like how some of the former SWF users reacted to that line.

No we don't tolerate transphobia, but I personally won't tolerate you ****ting on a good friend of mine when they did nothing wrong.
If a bunch of nerds have nothing better to do than sit in their internet forum and talk **** about another one with no provacation, **** ‘em. If they’d like to fling poo they can come here and do it themselves, otherwise it’s not worth wasting energy trying to beat them at their own game.

Wyoming

Connery, Sean
Switch FC
7748-5364-3982
POLITICAL OR OTHERWISE, NOT EVERYONE ON THIS FORUM SHARES YOUR OPINION. SO PLEASE, FOR THE LOVE OF SAKURAI, LET'S GET BACK TO SMASH-RELATED DISCUSSION. I'm not a mod, but seriously you guys, not another post on the subject after this. Thank you.
Just leave the thread if it doesn't interest you for now. Sometimes people gotta let the emotions out for subjects that touch em personally. It will die out soon.

We'll be right back with the regular scheduled programming of "Shadow the Echohog". Please note "September Direct?" will be delayed due to inconveniences.

Last edited:

Kaeltor

Smash Apprentice
let's bet more on stuff like more Final Fantasy music. :cool:
Would love for more FF music, I'm not picky on which songs we get since there are currently only 2 in the game. I would like to see the battle theme, Cinco de Chocobo, prelude, one winged angel...to name a few.

Smooth Criminal

Da Cheef
NNID
boundless_light
Blowing the whistle here right quick @ the fake "leak" discussion.

Let's move on to something else, please. The staff is currently taking care of it.

This is my mod voice.

Oh, and speaking of mod voices: Wambo Wambo , do not further aggravate the users here. This is your first and last warning on the matter.

Smooth Criminal

Last edited:

Nazyrus

Smash Champion
Well at least this whole thing makes me hopefull that actually Nintendo has a strong security behind these things now. I would appreciate if no big leak ever happens from here and out till release day.

SquashiniKun

Smash Ace
Okay.

Hey folks, I know you're there. The mod you're insulting is one of the sweetest mods on this site. They're trying to do their job and if you disagree with that, that's okay.

What's not okay is implying they agree with the person they're trying to defend. Mods just try to keep things running smoothly. And they might mess up sometimes.

Implying that the mod in question is transphobic is crazy. Especially since the mod in question has been a long time transwoman and a big member of the community.

Get off your high horse.

I especially don't like how some of the former SWF users reacted to that line.

No we don't tolerate transphobia, but I personally won't tolerate you ****ting on a good friend of mine when they did nothing wrong.
Reminder, this is the same site that blocks you, if you say anything positive about a game whose devs don't align to the mods' political spectrum.

Mutsukki

Smash Ace
ResetEra's got to explain their long history of garbage mods (Including some particularly disturbing ones which I won't speak of but you know who I'm talking about) before they judge ours.
I was on NeoGaf for about... 2 years. I have never hated mods on any other website as much as I have there. The sheer amount of power abuse by actual garbage people was just absurd. And the best part is that a lot of these mods went over to ResetERA so they weren't from "The bad side of NeoGAF" lol. AND they still do the same **** there. It's infuriating.

Kuon

Smash Champion
3DS FC
2294-4910-8117
Switch FC
SW-3044-7219-1427
Remember when we were talking about Smash Bros ten minutes ago? Those were good times. Let's go back to the Smash Bros talk :)

Androobie

Banned via Warnings
POLITICAL OR OTHERWISE, NOT EVERYONE ON THIS FORUM SHARES YOUR OPINION. SO PLEASE, FOR THE LOVE OF SAKURAI, LET'S GET BACK TO SMASH-RELATED DISCUSSION. I'm not a mod, but seriously you guys, not another post on the subject after this. Thank you.
I agree. Instead we should like ****ing transphobic wastes of oxygen’s posts instead.

EDIT: My apologies. Didn’t see Smooth Criminal’s statement until after I posted.

Last edited:

Fenriraga

You have the strength to overcome your destiny!
Writing Team
NNID
DarkAura
So instead of talking about... That, can we talk about how I can now listen to a rendition of the New Island theme that doesn't make my ears want to deafen?

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
I think it’s just best for us to change the topic entirely and not bring this up again, it’s seems to have caused a lot of controversy and I think our time is better spent elsewhere.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Guys, ignore and report the troll.

That's all he is.

Nazyrus

Smash Champion
I can't wait for the next hint he drops next time we see him…
qswQGHp.png
Edgyrai the hedgehog

Loz18-Echo

Banned via Warnings
So instead of talking about... That, can we talk about how I can now listen to a rendition of the New Island theme that doesn't make my ears want to deafen?

its alright i guess kinda. I need some Xenoblade music in my life right now

WaddleMatt

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW 5950 1333 3717
Ok I am gonna change the topic. If we get any surprise characters this time around, who do you think has a shot?

Gonna say Tap Trial Girl again just because she is probably the most interesting Rhythm Heaven character I can see for having a moveset that isn't a fighter or the dang Chorus Kids.

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
Okay.

ResetEra is a neverending circle jerk of purging anyone not in lock step with the hivemind. How anyone can use that website is beyond me. When you think differently, you get different perspectives. Even if someone is someone is an idiot, they might offer something different and insightful once in a while. The conventional wisdom can sometimes be wrong.

Look at Dr. Mario coming back before Mewtwo and Roy in Smash 4. I am sure anyone who said Doc was more likely was labelled "an idiot", but if the person explained the reasoning behind their perspective (which was likely sound, I thought Doc had a decent chance of coming back due to how similar he was to Mario and being planned for Brawl, however, even myself I did not imagine a scenario where Dr. Mario was back and Mewtwo was not), then we should hear them out.

Unfortunately, social media is stamping out identity (as in who you are as a human being and how you think and interpret yourself and the world around you) and the drive to be one's own self.

I will quote this again.

"Absorb what is useful. Reject what is useless. Add what is essentially your own." - Bruce Lee

In the present age, homogenization of thought and opinion is an ill of the times.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Alright, I think I know the best way to steer this ship.

EarthBound is better than Chrono Trigger, Breath of the Wild is better than Ocarina of Time and dogs > cats.

Zinith

Yoshi is Thicc in S P I R I T
All around you, awaiting to consume your soul
Switch FC
SW-4624-0132-9722

You know, I think there's gonna be a pattern of "something happening that pleases me specifically and then immediately after **** HITS THE FAN!!!" I'm just that unlucky :yoshi:

Enchess

Smash Lord
at this point i honestly think that a surprise announcement from Sakurai is the only thing that will kill this pointless topic tbh.
It's not really pointless. A lot of people are feeling unwelcome due to the transphobia of other members. This board should be a welcoming place for Smash fans.

D

Deleted member

I'm gonna go to sleep before I flip on some idiot. Goodnight to everyone except the transphobes and homophobes in this thread.

SmashChu

Banned via Warnings
Geez that is a pain, well I'll just avoid that one then. I heard good things about TTYD, if it comes to Switch I'll check it out
TTYD is the exact opposite. Amazing game. Still holds up.
Secondhand prices are not a definite indicator of a game's perceived quality. Higher quality games tend to have more demand and thus can raise its prices, but another big part of a game's price is its scarcity/availability, as well as other miscellaneous factors that affect the game's monetary valuable (for example just being a Gamecube game will lead to more value than being a PS2/Xbox game since the Gamecube is a lot more popular among collectors and retro enthusiasts, thus that raises demand for them). For an extreme example, Cheetahmen 2 is one of the most valuable games in existence that can sell for thousands of dollars despite being an atrociously-designed and unfinished game that isn't even beatable without glitches, since the game was never officially released and has so few copies in existence alongside the infamy behind the game.

Also, with the Wii U just being last gen while the Gamecube is retro at this point and has the aforementioned collector and retro popularity, regardless of quality your average Gamecube game will command much higher prices than your average Wii U game, just making it more unfair to use secondhand prices to argue the games' quality against each other.
Sure. Lower supply means higher prices. But I'm looking at the demand side of it. If I have a rare and special McGuffin that no one wants, its price will still be low, even if its the only one in the world.

Just browsing through Ebay, and I am seeing a trend with Gamecube games. Games like Wind Waker and Sunshine and the Mario Sports games are lower than say Double Dash, Melee, Fire Emblem ect are much higher. You can find a variety of prices so I'm taking a mental average (not super scientific but what can you do). So scarcity does affect price but only if people want it in the first place, and the more they craze it the higher the price goes. I see demand as a stronger force here so its why I'm using it as a measure of quality. It also works as it gives a long term perspective where sales are in the here and now.

Dixie Kong

Smash Ace
Ok I am gonna change the topic. If we get any surprise characters this time around, who do you think has a shot?

Gonna say Tap Trial Girl again just because she is probably the most interesting Rhythm Heaven character I can see for having a moveset that isn't a fighter or the dang Chorus Kids.
The surprise fighter will be Tiny Kong as an echo of Dixie!

Nazyrus

Smash Champion

I'm still waiting for a new rendition of the "eat asshole" song…

Smooth Criminal

Da Cheef
NNID
boundless_light
G GrownManJones

I'm not saying it's ok to champion anything, but it is clearly not pertinent to the nature of this thread and is serving to clearly aggravate other users/whip them into a frenzy.

I'll say it one more time: Drop it and move on. Plenty of other things to talk about. If you have any issues, feel free to contact Staff through the proper channels.

Smooth Criminal

Luigi The President

Smash Hero
Anyhoo, I get a right to say this because I already tried to steer the topic away.
Thank you so much to all those who stood up against blatant transphobic hate speech from the bottom of my heart. <3

Now I'm going to bed.
I just want to know if you guys think Wario may also make the cut as a Mario Echo.

Hinata

Never forget, a believing heart is your magic.
Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797
I can't wait for the next hint he drops next time we see him…
View attachment 160236Edgyrai the hedgehog
I just imagined Sakurai wearing a hat like that for a whole Direct, and then Shadow isn't confirmed in that Direct.

In fact, he's not confirmed at all. People debate for months as to the reason why Sakurai was wearing that hat, and nobody, not even Nintendo reps, can agree on why.

Corbin

Smash Apprentice
NNID
nibrocofthepuddn
ahem.

THIS IS NOT A POLITICAL DISCUSSION THREAD

Cut the crap guys. I didn't come here to see a heated discussion about transphobia. I came here to talk about the new Smash Bros.
Transphobia isn't politics, it's bigotry. And that **** has no place here.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom