• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Untouch

Smash Master
People would be jumping on Zipzo if it was just a fake Smash leak but I guess people will defend the transphobe now because "politics".
No one is defending anything, we're just saying this isn't the thread for this discussion.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
Looked through Zipzo’s reddit comment history and he’s just a condescending, cynical asshole in general

Especially in some comments he posted in the Pokémon sub

He’s just so unnecessarily mean

EDIT

Aaaaaand he’s racist af too against Chinese people from a post in the WoW sub

Last edited:

WaddleMatt

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW 5950 1333 3717
Yes, let's

You all wouldn't like me if you knew my alignment, so I avoid conversations like that as much as possible :yoshi:
As a political guy this is leaving me hanging now. Oh what are you all talking about?

Guy who has a not so great track record claims to have the demo but just has a convention booth and is exposed as an alt-right transphobe. Lol. That is one crazy ride.

Mutsukki

Smash Ace
Also, if the people over at ResetERA could stop insulting us and our mods, that'd be great.
ResetERA and stop insulting others don't go well in the same sentence. You'd better of ignoring that, they'll never not be holier-than-thou, even though bad **** goes down on their forums every time.

SpiralGalaxies

Smash Lord
NNID
SpiralGalaxies
LOL at the people in this forum. Someone is not allowed to disapprove of "transgenderism"?

It's literally mental illness they convinced some of you is normal.
Transgender people are not mentally ill, they are as normal as any other person and deserve to be treated with the appropriate respect. This is blatant transphobia and pointing this out is important for the safety and acceptance of LGBT+ people.

Last edited:

Hinata

Never forget, a believing heart is your magic.
Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797
Please consider how this makes trans users feel when you say their existence is a political opinion.

Anyhow!
Let's get off this touchy subject now that the leak has been deconfirmed.

Do y'all think he's in???
Got this leaked from the E3 demo.
Man, when was the last time Mario was in any video game? You literally couldn't have chosen a more obscure character for this fake leak. Try harder next time, dude.

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
I never said we should tolerate transphobia, I don’t feel that at all. Rather what I was actually trying to say was that it had no relevancy on the leak or anything he did on this site so the fact that people have been bringing it up to discredit his reputation kind of disgusts me.

I understand he said some bad things, but there’s a time and a place to talk about these things, and this is neither the time or especially the place to be bringing that up.

Rant over.

Androobie

Banned via Warnings
If I’m allowed to ask this, does anybody have an exact quote of what the guy said? It was obviously transphobic or something along those lines, but I’m morbidly curious to what the implications were.

Nazyrus

Smash Champion
I have to wonder how long he thought he was going to get away with this, surely after the event was over it would be suspicious that he was no longer able to post any videos?
The moment he said he wasn't gonna datamine it already was stupid enough… who cares then, even if it was real that he actually got hold of the demo, if he wasn't gonna do anything interesting about it? That's like a kid showing off for a toy he stole and isn't willing to share, lmao

Last edited:

Chrono.

Transgender people are not mentally ill, they are as normal and any other person and deserve to be treated with the appropriate respect. This is blatant transphobia and pointing this out is important for the safety and acceptance of LGBT+ people.
Honestly I just reported the post.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Okay.

ResetERA is going to far.

Hey folks, I know you're there. The mod you're insulting is one of the sweetest mods on this site. They're trying to do their job and if you disagree with that, that's okay.

What's not okay is implying they agree with the person they're trying to defend. Mods just try to keep things running smoothly. And they might mess up sometimes.

Implying that the mod in question is transphobic is crazy. Especially since the mod in question has been a long time transwoman and a big member of the community.

Get off your high horse.

I especially don't like how some of the former SWF users reacted to that line.

No we don't tolerate transphobia, but I personally won't tolerate you ****ting on a good friend of mine when they did nothing wrong.

Last edited:

-crump-

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1590-4951-5915
Switch FC
SW-4366-1207-0908
You know, I'm not sure if Zip is lying or not. Looking at the proof that wasp posted, it's just coincidence. Camera angles might look the same, but it's not.
Dude deleted everything relating to the subject and slithered away as soon as he was caught. He’s a fraud, among other things.

Wambo

Smash Ace
POLITICAL OR OTHERWISE, NOT EVERYONE ON THIS FORUM SHARES YOUR OPINION. SO PLEASE, FOR THE LOVE OF SAKURAI, LET'S GET BACK TO SMASH-RELATED DISCUSSION. I'm not a mod, but seriously you guys, not another post on the subject after this. Thank you.

Untouch

Smash Master
Okay.

ResetERA is going to far.

Hey folks, I know you're there. The mod you're insulting is one of the sweetest mods on this site. They're trying to do their job and if you disagree with that, that's okay.

What's not okay is implying they agree with the person they're trying to defend. Mods just try to keep things running smoothly.

Implying that the mod in question is transphobic is crazy. Especially since the mod in question has been a long time transwoman and a big member of the community.

Get off your high horse.

I especially don't like how some of the former SWF users reacted to that line.

No we don't tolerate transphobia, but I personally won't tolerate you ****ting on a good friend of mine when they did nothing wrong.
ResetERA (aka NeoGAF, nope you can't run from that association pals) accusing other sites of having bad mods, lol.

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
Well, I for one am super glad it was fake. Smash trailers are fun because when they start, they get you guessing. They build up to the character and play on your anticipation. I recall being very confused when Mega Man got killed as my brain quickly scrambled trying to figure out who used a harpoon only to realize it was Ridley's tail just moments before he showed himself. And Dedede's savage prank wouldn't have had me laughing so hard if it didn't put so much time into slowly amping up my expectations

I'm not a Castlevania fan, but had he not been leaked, I could easily see myself being very confused and then having an "Aha! It makes so much sense now!" moment when his name splashed on screen, but instead I fealt almost nothing for that trailer because there was no surprise and it was for a character I didn't care much for. Now don't get me wrong, I'm really happy to see such a unique character make it in and he seems super fun to play, but my hype for him would probably be exponentially higher if that trailer had the impact it was meant to.

Blue7113

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW650454463802
So this guy was a mod here? I thought this place was a safe space. The fact that that’s an issue here even among the mods surprises me.

Anyways so how do we know the leak was fake? I missed everything.

D

Deleted member

I wanna get this out of the way before we switch back to Smash. Shoutouts to ResetERA for practically having the worst Xenoblade Chronicles 2 article out there and saying some actually gross things that I won't get into.

AAAAAAAAAAANYWAYS, let's bet more on stuff like more Final Fantasy music. :cool:

Honest Slug

Smash Journeyman
ResetEra's got to explain their long history of garbage mods (Including some particularly disturbing ones which I won't speak of but you know who I'm talking about) before they judge ours.

Wambo

Smash Ace
So this guy was a mod here? I thought this place was a safe space. The fact that that’s an issue here even among the mods surprises me.

One of the pictures had a Smash kiosk visible in the corner, I believe.

Dukeofdeath5

Smash Lord

His pics make it clear its a demo booth, some other dude took pics of a similar booth

SpiralGalaxies

Smash Lord
NNID
SpiralGalaxies
Honestly I just reported the post.
As did I, but I wanted to reply to it because i felt it was important that he get called out for such a blatant display of bigotry. People need to know that things like that are wrong, even when it seems obvious.

I apologize if I walked into bait or a trap or anything. I just see comments like that that go completely ignored which sounds nice, but in reality the lack of people responding to and calling out bigotry can isolate people as they feel no one will come to their defense. Or that comments such as that are soft-acceptable, that while rules may exist against such comments, the lack of a response from users can create the air that the comment is quietly acceptable. It is important to call out bigotry when it rears its head, it's how we create a safe and accepting environment for people.

Last edited:

Untouch

Smash Master

No he was not a mod, he just leaked some stuff back in 2014.

Luigi The President

Smash Hero
POLITICAL OR OTHERWISE, NOT EVERYONE ON THIS FORUM SHARES YOUR OPINION. SO PLEASE, FOR THE LOVE OF SAKURAI, LET'S GET BACK TO SMASH-RELATED DISCUSSION. I'm not a mod, but seriously you guys, not another post on the subject after this. Thank you.
This is interesting seeing as you liked a post stating "transgenderism is disgusting" after you made this post discouraging any and all discussion of the subject.
Care to explain why? :)!

Anyways, hate to start any more fighting, but even the funny Mario leak I did a page ago didn't work out.
So I just felt the need to point out this bit of hypocrisy.

I really hope that funny Mario leak works out.

Last edited:

MrRoidley

Smash Ace

It's not it's fake per se. As in the person made it sound they had the actual demo, but in the end they just had access to a booth, if I understood it right
So it's not like they would be able to leak anything we didn't know or datamine anything

Enchess

Smash Lord
so how was your day guys? lol
Pretty good until this whole thing
I got to dig into some game code, learn some things. Had a nice pizza.

More on topic, I'm not part of tournament scene. Are there tolerance policies at many of them? If not, is there any way we can make that happen? I really think it'd make the Ultimate community stronger

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom