• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Fenriraga

You have the strength to overcome your destiny!
Writing Team
NNID
DarkAura
Again, you could say this about anything.

Oh I know. That's why I don't like it.

Only in appearance and not by much.
But we're not talking about "Anything", we're talking about this.

A lot of this is coming off as entitlement, honestly. Yes, if it was the other way around, the same could be said for the other side, and I'd call out their BS all the same.

Last edited:

Nethermoosen

Smash Lord
Switch FC
6001 9919 2607

I think I see a Villager nerf (potentially) here. You all can take a guess.
I think I see a Zelda who doesn’t know she can reflect the majority of what that Villager was doing.

But because I don’t wanna assume, what do you expect will be nerfed?

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
But we're not talking about "Anything", we're talking about this.

A lot of this is coming off as entitlement, honestly. Yes, if it was the other way around, the same could be said for the other side, and I'd call out their BS all the same.
What about it is anymore entitled that people begging for fan picks wanting more fan picks or people wanting changes in gameplay begging for more changes?

Fenriraga

You have the strength to overcome your destiny!
Writing Team
NNID
DarkAura

I think I see a Villager nerf (potentially) here. You all can take a guess.
Oh thank god, he doesn't just get a free pass back on stage anymore.

What about it is anymore entitled that people begging for fan picks wanting more fan picks or people wanting changes in gameplay begging for more changes?
I just said it isn't any more entitled. If it was the other way around then I'd still be saying that.

But we've also had 4 games full of surprises. Fan picks sprinkled here and there, yes. but still a lot of surprises. Why is a change in that suddenly bad?

Last edited:

Luigi The President

Smash Hero
Just a friendly reminder that Sticker Star is the second best selling Paper Mario game. Yes, let that sink in.
It sank in long ago.
Beyond my, I'm sure, hypocritical bias, the stickers would make an awesome addition to PM's moveset. Which is why I wouldn't mind it at all. After all, it's still a PM game, and sold damn well too, alongside being very creative.

Iridium

Smash Hero
I think I see a Zelda who doesn’t know she can reflect the majority of what that Villager was doing.

But because I don’t wanna assume, what do you expect will be nerfed?
It's the way Villager recovers. Does he always lose his balloons like that (where he got hit and suddenly had one balloon)? If I'm forgetting something important here, then this issue can be laid to rest?

Iridium

Smash Hero
It’s really hard to watch Smash videos when there’s people commentating over it.
I was wondering if you could address this question I have:
It's the way Villager recovers. Does he always lose his balloons like that (where he got hit and suddenly had one balloon)? If I'm forgetting something important here, then this issue can be laid to rest?

Nethermoosen

Smash Lord
Switch FC
6001 9919 2607
I interpreted your meaning entirely wrong and I didn’t click the video because I had seen it a few hours ago.
I didn’t even notice. Lol. That’s interesting to see. That definitely was not the case before.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Oh thank god, he doesn't just get a free pass back on stage anymore.

I just said it isn't any more entitled. If it was the other way around then I'd still be saying that.

But we've also had 4 games full of surprises. Fan picks sprinkled here and there, yes. but still a lot of surprises. Why is a change in that suddenly bad?
I never said it was.

Noipoi

Howdy!
Honestly if the game came out right now with only the things we already know i'd be 100% satisfied.
But we're still in the speculation stage, where we get into useless arguments online while we wait for more information.
Until the game comes out i'm gonna speak my mind and advocate for who and what I want in the game. And yes, that involves a little complaining.

Over9000BPM

Smash Ace
Honestly if the game came out right now with only the things we already know i'd be 100% satisfied.
But we're still in the speculation stage, where we get into useless arguments online while we wait for more information.
Until the game comes out i'm gonna speak my mind and advocate for who and what I want in the game. And yes, that involves a little complaining.
I won’t be happy until Sm4sh Zamus alt is a thing. That’s why I’m suddenly curious about Ike. Could set a precedent.

Noipoi

Howdy!
Super Paper Mario.

Edit: Ranking is
SPM 4.23 Million
SS 2.24 Million
TTYD 1.91 Million
PM 1.37 Million
CS No idea beyond well below a million.
Super Paper Mario is the best selling Paper Mario game?

...people really do have taste.

HALLELUJAH HALLELUJAH
HALLELUJAH HALLELUJAH

HALLEEEELUJAAAH

Dukeofdeath5

Smash Lord
Then why are we complaining about "No surprises" when we have A. Have had surprises and B. don't know the entire roster yet?
I'd go even farther than that in saying

C. Being upset you didn't get surprised by the picks, even if they were great picks, is just being spoiled

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
People are complaining because a lot of the "safe" picks ARE surprise choices. They would be surprise choices in any other context. But because of the way speculation is going they are now considered "safe"

People are expecting the unexpected and getting bored from it

Last edited:

Luigi The President

Smash Hero

HALLELUJAH HALLELUJAH
HALLELUJAH HALLELUJAH

HALLEEEELUJAAAH
Yeah it definitely deserves that.
Here's hoping "The Ultimate Show" makes it in as a music track, that's such a good song...miss that game!

Sharkarat

Gibdo Knight
3DS FC
3754-7599-5366
Do I just live in a uncivilized country that I literally never hear about Bandanna Dee beyond Smash speculation? I don't get him as a casual pick, seeing as how I could talk with my nerdy *** friends and they wouldn't know who he is, so I wouldn't expect popularity for him among my younger less video game knowledgeable peers
That's because is that kirby is pretty casual + bigger in japan, that unless your actively part of the Kirby fanbase you pretty much don't hear about kirby stuff at all.
Good point. *crosses fingers for a Sm4sh zamus alt*
That won't happen cause the Brawl and 4 have completely different design/armor. 4 and Ult Zero suit's differ only in "details".

Last edited:

IronTed

Smash Ace

HALLELUJAH HALLELUJAH
HALLELUJAH HALLELUJAH

HALLEEEELUJAAAH
As a casual fan of the series (only played the original and SPM), I find the criticism humorous. For a while I thought Sticker Star straight up bombed. Not to stay the criticism is invalid, of course.

Edit: I can't read. Still, the same can apply to SPM, although people don't hate it. But the fact the series exploded with it is still interesting.

Last edited:

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Her design was radically altered from Sm4sh to Ultimate. I want the Sm4sh design back. I’m hoping it could be an alt, like Ike has young alt and hench alt.
"Do you want the respectable realistic proportions alt or the big ***** bounty hunter gf alt?"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom