• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

KMDP

Smash Legend
Okay, Zinith Zinith . Because of your big help counting supporters last week, I decided to draw you something.
YOSHI!
YoshiArt.png

It's my first time drawing him, hope he's not too janky. XD

Last edited:

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
Maybe you've seen too much stuff and need to take a break from it? Or maybe the writers are just lazy.
I can just be kind of difficult to satisfy. And I can be cynical enough that, even though I actually watch very little anime, I'm disillusioned to a lot of tropes. It's not impossible for me to enjoy an anime or manga though, and there's still a good handful that I like. I'm just picky.

To be honest I haven't even given MHA a real chance yet. I don't really watch that much TV in general, anime or otherwise.
So..what you're saying is we need Nia & Zeke in Smash? I agree! You're a genius!

Seriously though, Nia, Zeke, Poppy, and Malos are the best characters in Xenoblade Chronicles 2.
Nia and Zeke are the real reasons I stuck through with Xenoblade Chronicles 2 to the end. Well, that and that the world building was on point. And even the aforementioned Rex who I complained about still had plenty of moments, and most of them were in his banter with Nia. In hindsight, I think it was his cheesy romance with Pyra that eventually disillusioned me to him. I just wanted to see him, Tora and Nia be friends throughout the journey but nooooo Rex had to have a cliche romance take over and Tora had to keep being the butt of creepy perverted jokes. In hindsight, I think I actually really liked Rex and Tora at first but just stopped caring about them by the end of the journey.

But that's enough of my ranting about Xenoblade 2. I don't think Rex and Pyra are necessarily bad characters per se, and I don't want to drag their fans down with my negativity, especially when their chances are looking so good for them as DLC.

I remember people saying Subspace style cutscenes were unlikely because the game's file size is nearly the same as Smash 4, but with Sakurai mentioning the huge leap in compression technology in his recent Famitsu article where he said, I think, the songs in this game take up a quarter of the space compared to Smash 4, I'm really starting to think we're going to have fleshed out cutscenes again. Either that or the roster is actually bigger than we thought.
I really hope when get sweet cutscenes, it was the best part of Subspace.

Well done. :yoshi:

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Just the general debate of whether or not WayForward is under NDA. And then uh, this thing on Tumblr:

I've seen Shantae fans go into threads for other characters to argue in favor of Shantae's chances, and I thought I might be the crazy one.
Side note: If this is true, then this means that Wayforward released free DLC promoting a Nintendo product on all platforms including PS4.

Imagines the Sony guy who banned cross play to not give competitors a inch, impotently flailing his limbs in rage when he realises.

Most likely it's nothing much but it makes me laugh.

KMDP

Smash Legend
Side note: If this is true, then this means that Wayforward released free DLC promoting a Nintendo product on all platforms including PS4.

Imagines the Sony guy who banned cross play to not give competitors a inch, impotently flailing his limbs in rage when he realises.

Most likely it's nothing much but it makes me laugh.
Reminds me of something...
:shadowmoses:

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
Just the general debate of whether or not WayForward is under NDA. And then uh, this thing on Tumblr:

I've seen Shantae fans go into threads for other characters to argue in favor of Shantae's chances, and I thought I might be the crazy one.
Oof, when you reach that hard you'd be a better fit for ARMS than Smash. :p

Btw, literally every single dev who campaigned during the ballot has been quiet... because the campaign is over.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
So I finally caught up with fake 4chan "leaks," so AMA.
Do you think leaks are getting safer or are there still out-there predictions like say, Gothitelle or Lara Croft?

Dee Dude

“Never ask Dee for anything again”
3DS FC
0576-7674-5319
Ok, I’m not opposed to Shantae in Smash (Heck, I own Half-Genie Hero) but that slumber party quote has got to be a coincidence, it’d make a cute joke tho.

Heck, if the Rodan hints to him being an AT then it’ll probably apply to Shantae’s position as well.

Last edited:

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
One thing I realised, we haven't gotten any new Mario Music on the music page.

I wonder what direction they'll go. Mario Odyssey Remix? Super Mario 3D World remix?

KMDP

Smash Legend

I wonder what direction they'll go. Mario Odyssey Remix? Super Mario 3D World remix?
Peach's Castle SMRPG.

Just to mess with the fans.

Zinith

Yoshi is Thicc in S P I R I T
All around you, awaiting to consume your soul
Switch FC
SW-4624-0132-9722

The fact that Jump Up Super Star is in the game yet it wasn't shown in a blog yet.

Maybe the ending song in Odyssey...

NintenRob

Rising YouTuber
Writing Team
NNID
trpdm.wilton
Peach's Castle SMRPG.

Just to mess with the fans.
I'd love to a remix of the actual Peach's Castle theme, especially now that it's a stage twice over.

Just one of songs that should be in but not despite its relevant stages, just like Hyrule Castle, Skyloft and Port Town (at least it seems like we're finally getting a version of Lower Norfair)

What other stages still need their relevant songs?

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Well Paper Mario has a butt-ton of great music to pull from. I just hope this "all series stage share music" thing isn't an excuse to not have multiple Paper Mario Songs.

Cosmic77

Smash Hero
Switch FC
2166-0541-5238
Not sure if I said this in the thread yet, but I find it strange that we haven't gotten a Mario or Pokemon remix yet. Since Metroid, Splatoon, Castlevania, DK, and FE got a remix on or shortly after the date of a character reveal from their franchises, do you think they're purposely holding off on remixes until the reveal of relevant newcomers?

Ex: Paper Mario = Paper Mario Medley 2; Gen 7 Pokemon = Su/Mo Battle Theme

Dee Dude

“Never ask Dee for anything again”
3DS FC
0576-7674-5319
On the topic of music, I really hope we get more proper Earthbound/Mother 2 remixes, it always gets the short end of the stick having less tracks then Mother 1/Beginnings and Mother 3.

It’s kinda baffling we haven’t remixes of the title screen, character profile, etc.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Not sure if I said this in the thread yet, but I find it strange that we haven't gotten a Mario or Pokemon remix yet. Since Metroid, Splatoon, Castlevania, DK, and FE got a remix on or shortly after the date of a character reveal from their franchises, do you think they're purposely holding off on remixes until the reveal of relevant newcomers?

Well it's a theory. Though what that says for Skull Kid, I don't know.

Be good to get a beware the forrest's mushroom's remix when you know who shows up

ReeseBalaski

Smash Journeyman
I just spent the last 10 hours playing A Link to the Past from start to finish because I couldn't sleep.

What're we talking about now? Music mumbo jumbo?

I want a proper Gym Leader battle remix, dammit. The best we have is the Kanto and Johto gym themes being a part of different battle medleys and that's it.

D

Deleted member

Had a dream last night where Ultra Necrozma was a boss-style pokemon that could come from Masterballs like the Monster Hunter boss Dragon from ATs. Now I really want to see that happen along with the music from Ultra Sun/Ultra Moon for his battle theme.

Imadethistoseealeak

Smash Champion

This makes sense for some, like Paper Mario and Geno. However, I don't think they'll hold back on Pokemon music because we already have sun & moon content so it wouldn't be crazy to get a song. Plus now that music can be played on any stage in the series it doesn't have to be tied to a new stage.

What series hasn't had music posted yet?

Flynn__

Smash Journeyman
-Super Mario
-Yoshi
-Pokémon
-Starfox
-Kid Icarus
-Earthbound
-Xenoblade
-Animal Crossing
-Wii Fit
-Sonic
-Ice Climbers
-Duck Hunt
-Game & Watch
-Punch Out!!
-Wario Ware
-Pikmin
-R.O.B.
-Pac-Man (though we got a Galaga medley)
-Bayonetta

Also, Final Fantasy although we already saw that FF only has 2 songs in the music section.

So far, all series with a newcomer announced have a song in the site, except for Super Mario.

Last edited:

MSmariosonic

Smash Hero
NNID
kidtendo1996
3DS FC
3566-1932-7732
Switch FC
SW 0383 4539 4118
This makes sense for some, like Paper Mario and Geno. However, I don't think they'll hold back on Pokemon music because we already have sun & moon content so it wouldn't be crazy to get a song. Plus now that music can be played on any stage in the series it doesn't have to be tied to a new stage.

Easy.

The franchises that don't have any music shown on the music page are:

Super Mario
Yoshi
Star Fox
Pokemon
Mother
Game & Watch
Kid Icarus
Ice Climber
Wario
Pikmin
R.O.B.
Animal Crossing
Punch-Out!!
Wii Fit
Xenoblade
Duck Hunt
Sonic
Pac-Man
Final Fantasy (as if..)
Bayonetta

Geez, I sure hope I didn't miss one!

Zinith

Yoshi is Thicc in S P I R I T
All around you, awaiting to consume your soul
Switch FC
SW-4624-0132-9722
-Super Mario
-Pokémon
-Starfox
-Kid Icarus
-Earthbound
-Xenoblade
-Animal Crossing
-Wii Fit
-Sonic
-Ice Climbers
-Duck Hunt
-Game & Watch
-Punch Out!!
-Wario Ware
-Pikmin
-R.O.B.
-Pac-Man (though we got a Galaga medley)
-Bayonetta

So far, all series with a newcomer announced have a song in the site, except for Super Mario.
Wait, you forgot Yoshi

Zippo

Smash Journeyman
Just curious, no one here expects anything Smash related on Sunday at Pokemon Worlds, right?

Cosmic77

Smash Hero
Switch FC
2166-0541-5238
Could mean nothing, but it does feel like we have a pattern.

One week after the Inklings were first officially shown off in Smash, Splatoon got a remix.
The same day Ridley was revealed, Metroid got a remix.
The same day Simon and Richter were revealed, Castlevania got a remix.
One week after K. Rool was revealed, Donkey Kong got a remix.
Two weeks after Chrom was revealed, Fire Emblem got a remix.

Excluding franchises that aren't already represented on the roster, we still have:

:ultmario::ultyoshi::ultfox::ultpikachu::ultness::ulticeclimbers::ultgnw::ultpit::ultwario::ultsonic::ultolimar::ultrob::ultvillager::ultwiifittrainer::ultlittlemac::ultshulk::ultduckhunt::ultcloud::ultbayonetta:

Obviously most of these franchises won't be receiving a newcomer, so we could see a new track from :ulticeclimbers: or :ultwario: any day now. Others might be held off purposely to tie in with someone new.

Ultimate has been breaking patterns left and right, so I could easily see this going down in flames. Still, I find it odd that popular franchises like Mario, Pokemon, Sonic, and AC are on this list. Perhaps a hint towards Geno/Paper Mario, a Gen 7 rep, Shadow, and Isabelle?

Last edited:

Flynn__

Smash Journeyman
One week after the Inklings were first officially shown off in Smash, Splatoon got a remix.
The same day Ridley was revealed, Metroid got a remix.
The same day Simon and Richter were revealed, Castlevania got a remix.
One week after K. Rool was revealed, Donkey Kong got a remix.
Two weeks after Chrom was revealed, Fire Emblem got a remix.
It is weird that Daisy is the only newcomer without a track on the site. That may point to the announcement of another Mario rep, that being Paper Mario, Geno or whoever.

Flynn__

Smash Journeyman
How much Super Mario Land music is already in Smash?

Maybe that's why Daisy didn't come with a music track...
The Fire Emblem music is not from Awakening though, so it could have been any Mario theme.

It may mean nothing, of course, but it is weird nevertheless.

BlueMagician

Smash Journeyman
Depending on how you view it, Dark Samus also doesn't have a track. I think it'd be better to say that the Mario series is the only series with a newcomer and not a on-website track.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom