• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Momotsuki

Smash Champion
Weird, didn't know that was the meaning. I thought it was because that's what you got when you took each letter in Bmvdbse back one spot. Silly me~​

Captain Fun

Smash Lord
Forgive me if this was already mentioned forever ago.

I was watching Chrom’s gameplay and noticed that his slashes have an evenly colored streak when slashing. So does Lucina. Marth’s slashes have a stronger glow or saturation at the tip. Roy has the stronger glow at the base.

This pretty much confirms his hitboxes will be even like Lucina’s.
I think people also determined that from his damage too. If true, he might be straight up better than Roy.
I've seen more of the opposite, primarily from people on Reddit and 4chan. In the end none of this really matters, though. We're all gonna buy the game regardless, and to me the roster is just the icing on the cake to make the wait for the game seem less lengthy. Shantae doesn't get in at all? Disappointment from me but I'd still hold hope for DLC.
Didn't mean to imply that all, or even half of the fanbase was like that. In the end, you want what you want. It's just that people getting at each other's throats about who is in a video game is just extremely childish.

Momotsuki

Smash Champion
Vergeben, the only leaker with a shred of credibility doesn't post his stuff in 4chan, which I think is a brilliant move on his part, as to distance himself from the plethora of baseless rubbish. He has stated he only posts his stuff on Reddit and GameFAQs, so be cautious of imposters.​

Last edited:

Bionichute

Smash Champion
Guess I gotta be the one to say it

Screw Mineta. I'd be harsher to him because he deserves it but they dont like swearing here

KMDP

Smash Legend
You didn't know about the 1943 movie Son of Dracula?
Nope, can't say I do. I do know that "Alucard" has been a thing for a very, very long time, though

By the way, Dracula is about as terrible at coming up with names as Xander...

WingedSupernova

Smash Ace
NNID
WingedNova
Switch FC
8149-7158-0019
I think people also determined that from his damage too. If true, he might be straight up better than Roy.
Didn't mean to imply that all, or even half of the fanbase was like that. In the end, you want what you want. It's just that people getting at each other's throats about who is in a video game is just extremely childish.
Yeah, I got your point. Probably should've clarified that my first comment just meant that crazy Smash fans will be crazy Smash fans regardless who they stand for.

KMDP

Smash Legend
What's with all the grape kid hate?
i just started watching the show i'm on like, episode 5.
Mineta is a huge pervert (sometimes near-line-crossingly so), and he makes people very, very uncomfortable.

Capybara Gaming

Just Vibing
He's a little pervert who touches Froppy and Momo in inappropriate ways, contributes absolutely nothing to the story, and even what little character development he gets doesn't make him any less of a scumbag.

Not to mention, there's a perfectly fine example of how to do a comedic character right in Aoyama, so idk why they need two

Last edited:

DarkFalcon

Smash Champion
He's the stereotypical pervert character. Nothing new. Don't know why some people have this fierce hatred of him though. Not like he's a main character or anything. Feels like he's a lot of people's first pervert character they discover considering how some people think he's the worst thing ever.

not saying he's a good character so hold your horses before any fierce responses

Last edited:

KMDP

Smash Legend
He's the stereotypical pervert character. Nothing new. Don't know why some people have this fierce hatred of him though. Not like he's a main character or anything. Feels like he's a lot of people's first pervert character they discover considering how some people think he's the worst thing ever.
It's like the strong reactions people had to Master Roshi in that Tien episode of DB Super, when the things he did in that episode were literally nothing new for him.

I think most of the people who balked at that had never actually watched original Dragon Ball. *shrug*

My opinion? Mineta is fine; he either never actually gets what he wants or is immediately punished for his being a scumbag.
oh wow, guess I gotta prepare myself for this kid then.
It depends, I think some of his antics are way overblown by the audience.

Last edited:

Capybara Gaming

Just Vibing

not saying he's a good character so hold your horses before any fierce responses
I think one of the biggest problems I have is that he got into a course of people who are supposed to be the best possible candidates to become professional heroes and yet he's a little scumbag who doesn't belong there. Not to mention his lack of self control has led to him touching some of the girls in awful ways.

Dukeofdeath5

Smash Lord
I know it's hot but make sure to wear the mask on the back of your head, it likes to strike when you aren't looking.

This quote is buggin me, who tf is it?

WolfCypher

Smash Lord
NNID
WolfCypher
Switch FC
4999 6039 1484
He's a pervert who does nothing of use and won't go away

Who...? Wha? What is this? A show? Is this something new?

You millennials need to slow down, I can't keep up.

KMDP

Smash Legend
Not to mention his lack of self control has led to him touching some of the girls in awful ways.
When he groped Tsuyu's breast, she immediately tried to drown him.

When he tried to peek on the girls in the locker room, Jiro stuck one of her jacks in his eye before he could see anything.

When he climbed the separating wall of the hotspring, Kota pushed him off from a height. Which would have seriously hurt him had he not landed on Iida.
When he does bad things to the girls, he is punished either immediately, or is punished preemptively.

He's basically a stereotypical teenage boy anyway.

Anyway, I'm going to drop the topic here, as DarkFalcon DarkFalcon suggested.

Bionichute

Smash Champion
I know it's hot but make sure to wear the mask on the back of your head, it likes to strike when you aren't looking.

This quote is buggin me, who tf is it?
the last three unsolved ones are bugging me a lot too

even if this is fake, and it probably is, its still fun to solve these puzzles lol

DaybreakHorizon

The guy who predicted Sora as Fighter 11
NNID
tehponycorn
3DS FC
4253-3486-4603

DarkFalcon

Smash Champion
Ganondorf apparently has his Melee VA back but he doesn't have the crazy punch scream he had before. I read that was just taken from OoT and pitched to be higher but still sad he doesn't have it.

Nazyrus

Smash Champion
4chan leaks are an absolute waste of time lately, they are not being creative and they are just following patterns of repeating whatever the last one added to their list. Most of them keep making the same mistake of stating their role of job (no idiot does that). Etc etc etc… The only thing that has been interesting was verg and that was ken and the square enix character just recently. Other than that there's no fake leak even worth analyzing imo, they are just the same thing over and over again, leaks pretending to know the full content, when there is no real source in nintendo that can know the full content yet (teams and departments are handled specific parts of info, not full info about everything), so yeah, just fake stuff that makes no sense.

Last edited:

Bionichute

Smash Champion
4chan leaks are an absolute waste of time lately, they are not being creative and they are just following patterns of repeating whatever the last one added to their list. Most of them keep making the same mistake of stating their role of job (no idiot does that). Etc etc etc… The only thing that has been interesting was verg and that was ken and the square enix character just recently. Other than that there's no fake leak even worth analyzing imo, they are just the same thing over and over again.
yeah but this one is a fun puzzle!!!

KMDP

Smash Legend
There are better ways to start your "leak": "I work in [x] position at Nintendo" is not one of them.

LetterO

Smash Lord
I can’t wait for some random 4chan text leak to predict a direct again only for nobody to believe them but it actually being true like what happened with e3 for Smash Ultimate.

Noipoi

Howdy!
My uncle's dog's cat's butler works at Nintendo so clearly i've got my fact's straight.
Find some more creative ways to start your fake leaks, guys.

Dukeofdeath5

Smash Lord
How about I stole a system from a major gaming convention and hacked into it to get some data but then conveniently lost all of it?

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392

He came on to a child in the manga....

Last edited:

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Is that in the manga? (i.e. after what the anime has covered so far)
Yes.

This is anime for all you know that child is a 50 y/o grizzled veteran
It wasn't.

Thing is, that most pervert characters have qualities and personality traits that aren't just their pervertedness.

Mineta unfortuantely doesn't have that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom