• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

*Wario enters a forest.*

*Wario stares at a baby squirrel.* *The squirrel is a little scared.*

*Something walks behind him.*

*The squirrel has a confident smile. Wario looks back and then gets blasted.*

The dramatic effect...

Geno shoots for the stars!

Geno looks at the camera and makes a wink.

Then it shows you his moves.
Nah, they definitely do.

Look, you can see it right here:
View attachment 159460
That is a gun, not a shot.

Onua

Smash Journeyman
Reading these threads remind that people get so overly mean over people wanting someone and goalposts are always there to just be moved further

If someone wants a character dont be that guy and try to make them feel bad for wanting them

DevaAshera

Smash Champion
One thing I never understood is how having a strong history with Nintendo helps Shantae. If the idea is to push Shantae as the representative for indies in Smash, they’d definitely go for a character that’s way more popular. I don’t think she’s anywhere close to being the face of indies. I barely see talk about Shantae outside of Smash, but I do see Shovel Knight, Cave Story, and Undertale get discussed all the time. Given how Cloud was chosen to be the Final Fantasy character because he’s the most popular, I would think a more popular indie would be chosen to represent indies. Plus it’s just more marketable.

However since WayForward’s been all quiet lately, I wouldn’t be surprised if she’s in the game in some form. I wouldn’t be happy if she’s playable. To tell you the truth she’s the one character I’m actually actively against, and part of the reason is because of how obnoxious WayForward was during the ballot. Thanks to that one ****** posting that pic with Sakurai and the #Seeyouinsmash crap we’ve got a bunch of misinformation spreading about “Sakurai visiting indie studios” or “WayForward spoke with Sakurai multiple times”.
But that's not what was said in the tweet at all, he even says he knows nothing of the Ballot, he was just sharing a photo he took with Sakurai who knows when..its not his fault people are stupid and saw more then was really there.
https://mobile.twitter.com/JamesPopStar/status/650072302378315776

Professor Lexicovermis

Smash Journeyman

cmbsfm

Smash Champion
NNID
srmario
But that's not what was said in the tweet at all, he even says he knows nothing of the Ballot, he was just sharing a photo he took with Sakurai who knows when..its not his fault people are stupid and saw more then was really there.
https://mobile.twitter.com/JamesPopStar/status/650072302378315776
He knew what he was doing when he posted that pic. He did’t even clarify it til later and it was a way to rile people up. And I was mostly reffering to the see #seeyouinsmash stuff. They’re smart, they used the ballot as way to get more publicity for their games and it worked for the most part. Still wasn’t a fan of their behavior, though.

Last edited:

WingedSupernova

Smash Ace
NNID
WingedNova
Switch FC
8149-7158-0019
He knew what he was doing when he posted that pic. He did’t even clarify it til later and it was a way to rile people up. And I was mostly reffering to the see #seeyouinsmash stuff. They’re smart, they used the ballot as way to get more publicity for their games and it worked for the most part. Still wasn’t a fan of their behavior, though.
Huh, I never heard of the one with the controversial tag. I always took the photo he uploaded with Sakurai as a means to just show his appreciation for Smash. Even nowadays he talks about Smash and how much of a fan he is.

:ultpacman: I see how this is gonna be.

I mean, Inkling is a stretch but like, Mario? I don't know why people are so confident in him making it, he hasn't been relevant in years and his franchise is basically dead. What do you guys think?
Vergeben leaked that he will get in as Luigi's echo... that's weird :troll:

Captain Fun

Smash Lord
As I said though, Shovel Knight hadn't released in Japan at the time of the Ballot nor when the SSB Ultimate Project Plan was made in 2015.
Shantae and the Pirate Curse was released in mid November 2015, so that's not a lot of time on the Japanese market either.
That said..the sadist in me does want to see the storm that'll happen if Shantae is playable and Shovel Knight's an assist..itll make the Waluigi one look like a light drizzle I suspect..though hopefully with no threats to Sakurai..
I've only ever seen Shantae fans taking shots at Shovel Knight/Other indies and not the other way around. You can bet that if she did get in the vitriol would be coming from fans of whatever first party characters didn't make the cut.
Man, I was actually down for Shantae in Smash when I was riding off the hype of Pirate's Curse, but when the ballot happened Wayforward started acting desperate on twitter and her fans started taking shots at other fanbases it just soured me on the whole idea but I still want Shantae so the cognitive dissonance is unreal.

Nethermoosen

Smash Lord
Switch FC
6001 9919 2607
Forgive me if this was already mentioned forever ago.

I was watching Chrom’s gameplay and noticed that his slashes have an evenly colored streak when slashing. So does Lucina. Marth’s slashes have a stronger glow or saturation at the tip. Roy has the stronger glow at the base.

This pretty much confirms his hitboxes will be even like Lucina’s.

Momotsuki

Smash Champion
I think for Shovel Knight to be an assist trophy makes Shantae highly unlikely at best. Not that there's anything wrong with wanting her.​

WingedSupernova

Smash Ace
NNID
WingedNova
Switch FC
8149-7158-0019
I've only ever seen Shantae fans taking shots at Shovel Knight/Other indies and not the other way around. You can bet that if she did get in the vitriol would be coming from fans of whatever first party characters didn't make the cut.
I've seen more of the opposite, primarily from people on Reddit and 4chan. In the end none of this really matters, though. We're all gonna buy the game regardless, and to me the roster is just the icing on the cake to make the wait for the game seem less lengthy. Shantae doesn't get in at all? Disappointment from me but I'd still hold hope for DLC.

KMDP

Smash Legend
You don't need to be the world's greatest detective to work out "Alucard", but it helps.

Hinata

Never forget, a believing heart is your magic.
Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797
Who's the girl who says she's not a hero? Number 19. she's pretty cute for a drawing...
Himiko Toga, one of the main antagonists of My Hero Academia.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
You don't need to be the world's greatest detective to work out "Alucard", but it helps.

I was looking for the clip in "Son of Dracula" where some person just starts reading Alucards name backwards

But type in "Alucard" and you get NOTHING except Castlevania

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom