• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

Just gonna throw it out there.
People saying that 103 stages is the absolute final count have the same mindset as people who claimed the '66 fighters!' quote on the website meant there were no more new character to reveal. Don't take a pre-release 'final count' as an absolute.
Well, I think the main difference is that Sakurai had said in the direct they had 103 Stages; he never said anything about how many characters there were. Nobody is really sure if was saying that there are currently 103 or a final count of 103, but those thinking there are 103 total don't have the same minset as those believing a website quote; they have a bit more evidence to go by since its coming from the mouth of Sakurai himself.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Ha

it's almost as if I referenced that :awesome:
But did you predict a 3rd song? Cause that’s the biggest prediction possible
I know everyone is sad we are getting only two FF music tracks, but....
Hey thirty six Castlevania tracks is a plus?
Not from Square Enix...we must get that 3rd and final song

Last edited:

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
Ooromine IV, the second planet from the sun FS-176
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804

Untouch

Smash Master
Nevermind it's just the old build, really don't know why they were talking about Captain Falcon.

Pakky

Smash Hero
This is an unpopular opinion but I kinda of wish Lara got a more cartoony or stylized comeback. She doesn't need to keep in pace with Uncharted (Which is a snooze fest imo seriously PlayStation is just the House of Kratos & boy )

drag0nscythe

Smash Master
Prediction Images:

Thanks to Lanky_gunner and KMDP for stock icons

Geno
Geno.PNG

Shadow
Shadow.PNG

And I plans for more based on what we expect to be the final.
But all I heard was Impa and maybe Heihachi. so. I need to dig up that list.

MSmariosonic

Smash Hero
NNID
kidtendo1996
3DS FC
3566-1932-7732
Switch FC
SW 0383 4539 4118
Getting the rights of Lara Croft but using her as just an assist trophy is a ' no go' for me.

Next to Sonic she'd be like the biggest 3rd party character out there.

Lara is not just a video game icon. She's an icon in the whole of pop culture.

But I ain't expecting her to join the roster any time soon.

Pakky

Smash Hero
Getting the rights of Lara Croft but using her as just an assist trophy is a ' no go' for me.

Next to Sonic she'd be like the biggest 3rd party character out there.

Lara is not just a video game icon. She's an icon in the whole of pop culture.

But I ain't expecting her to join the roster any time soon.
Ditto.

That's how I feel about Chun Li as well.

Cosmic77

Smash Hero
Switch FC
2166-0541-5238
Prediction Images:

Thanks to Lanky_gunner and KMDP for stock icons

Geno
View attachment 159342

Shadow
View attachment 159343

And I plans for more based on what we expect to be the final.
But all I heard was Impa and maybe Heihachi. so. I need to dig up that list.
Even though it makes absolutely no sense, I'd rather see Geno get his own separate "Super Mario RPG" banner. I really don't think he should be together with the rest of the Mario characters.

UserKev

Smash Champion
Geno has always been one of the most random popular characters to me. I get the appeal of his mysterious "cool" personality, but I've never looked at him the same way as others have. He's not particularly important to the franchise, he's extremely underdeveloped compared to the other SMRPG characters, his design looks like something you'd find off of DeviantArt, and without Smash speculation, he probably would've died off a long time ago.

I'm glad Sakurai is listening to the fans more with this game, and I'd be happy for his supporters if he gets in. Personally, I just don't see Geno as a good addition to the roster. Until he actually does something within the Mario universe, he'll always come across to me as that one random spin-off character who doesn't really fit in with the other eight members of the Mario cast.
The thing with Geno has going for him, Sakurai wanted him in. I agree tho. Geno doesn't look right in 3d to me.

drag0nscythe

Smash Master
Even though it makes absolutely no sense, I'd rather see Geno get his own separate "Super Mario RPG" banner. I really don't think he should be together with the rest of the Mario characters.
Ehhh.

I will respectfully disagree. He is a mario character and needs to join his breatherin.

Dixie Kong

Smash Ace
So I hear we can’t pre load upcoming games for the Switch? Yikes, if I preorder on the E Shop, I wonder how long it would take to download opening night.

drag0nscythe

Smash Master
So I hear we can’t pre load upcoming games for the Switch? Yikes, if I preorder on the E Shop, I wonder how long it would take to download opening night.
I am preordering at a boxstore, buying ridley amiibo, strategy guide if it exists and another smash gc controller .

If they do midnight release, will be waiting outside store at 11:00pm day before.

No digiral. Do not trust it.

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
Geno is, as usual, in kind of an odd spot. I wouldn't call his odds more likely than not, but I certainly think he's a lot more likely now with how the game's been handled so far.

This game's already covered numerous huge long-time fan requests. Third-party or not, irrelevant, one-shot character, in spite of all that, I think this might just be his time after all these years. It helps that Sakurai's expressed interest adding in the character before.

MamaLuigi123456

Smash Champion
Until Sakurai says otherwise I have no reason to believe that there are more than 103 stages.

Unless we get something super-obscure like R.O.B. who doesn't require a stage, I think we're done with new franchises. I also think this makes characters from existing franchises more likely to appear, if only because now there's less competition. I'm sure we'll get some new franchises with DLC however.

CaptainAmerica

Smash Master
NNID
TomOfHyrule
The thing with Geno has going for him, Sakurai wanted him in. I agree tho. Geno doesn't look right in 3d to me.
People do keep mentioning this, but based on SourceGaming's analysis, he didn't say why he wasn't added. We don't know if it was legalese/rights or if it was that he doesn't think Geno's relevant enough.

I have zero connection to Geno since I wasn't speculating during Brawl and I started Nintendo with the N64, so I have no clue who he is. But as I've mentioned, give me Dovahkiin and I'll be just as hyped about Geno.

Pakky

Smash Hero
Tifa vs Chun Li, go ahead laugh at my dumb fever dreams.

At least I have :ultkrool: my precious...

Nonno Umby

Smash Lord
NNID
Nonno_Umby
Switch FC
SW 5218 5477 4500
People do keep mentioning this, but based on SourceGaming's analysis, he didn't say why he wasn't added. We don't know if it was legalese/rights or if it was that he doesn't think Geno's relevant enough.

I have zero connection to Geno since I wasn't speculating during Brawl and I started Nintendo with the N64, so I have no clue who he is. But as I've mentioned, give me Dovahkiin and I'll be just as hyped about Geno.
Exactly. Sakurai wanted several characters, but not everyone is going to make the cut. Takamaru has been considered since Melee, yet he is still an AT, for example. Ayumi was wanted by Sakurai in Melee, but still didn't make it.

Cosmic77

Smash Hero
Switch FC
2166-0541-5238
Ehhh.

I will respectfully disagree. He is a mario character and needs to join his breatherin.
The licensing of Geno is just too weird for me to say, "Yeah, that's definitely a pure Mario character". He's a character from a Mario game, but SE has the rights to him, meaning he's technically third-party.

I know it's not a popular opinion, but I think it would be better if Geno was separated like Yoshi and Wario are, especially since he's tied down to one game.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Where are you hearing this? I'm digital only with my Switch, so this would be a bit of a problem for me.

SonicMario

Smash Master
?

Pretty sure the Switch does have pre-loading. Example of which back when Mario Tennis Aces was close to release. There may have been a time the Switch didn't have pre-loading (I think that was the way it was prior to Mario Odyssey at the very least since I saw stuff that people could pre-load that back then.)

Last edited:

Imadethistoseealeak

Smash Champion
The licensing of Geno is just too weird for me to say, "Yeah, that's definitely a pure Mario character". He's a character from a Mario game, but SE has the rights to him, meaning he's technically third-party.

I know it's not a popular opinion, but I think it would be better if Geno was separated like Yoshi and Wario are, especially since he's tied down to one game.
That Yoshi and Wario comparison makes a lot of sense. I too think the third party factor weirds me out from putting him next to Rosalina, Daisy, Bowser Jr etc.

I just don't know what his series would be called???? Or what the icon would be.

RandomAce

Smash Champion

Honestly, the only thing that makes Geno different is that he is owned by SE.

And unlike Yoshi and Wario who have their own respective franchises, Geno doesn’t have any and his main appearance was in a main line Mario game. He’s going to most likely be considered a Mario Charcater through and through because of that.

Last edited:

Nazyrus

Smash Champion
Just woke up to this.
DlPEii0UUAICEbC.jpg

I'm guessing this is what they meant by "more coming soon" in that Nindies direct of Nintendo UK we just had … just a few days ago, holy crap. I wouldn't be surprised if the next real general Nintendo direct is announced or teased the same way at the end of this upcoming nindies direct on the 28th. Early September direct ? let's go. After 2 nindies directs and a smash focused direct, people who want a regular nintendo direct must be going crazy, so yeah…

Last edited:

Mutsukki

Smash Ace
? We can though? I mean we couldn't initially but that was soon fixed. I... gotta wonder where you're getting all your info from...

dezeray112

Smash Hero
Namco Predictions

Heihachi (Playable)
Lloyd Irving (Assist Trophy)
Gilgamesh (Assist Trophy)
Ms. Pac Man ɛ (Echo Fighter)
Galaga (Item)
Dig Dug (Item)
Klonoa's Ring (Item)
Nightmare (Boss)
Heihachi (Playable)
Lloyd Irving (Possibly Playable or Assist Trophy)
Kazuya Mishima/Jin Kazama (Echo)
Alisa Bosconovitch (Assist Trophy)
Sophitia Alexandria, Nightmare (possibly Assist Trophies or Collectable Trophies.)

D

Deleted member

I mean, Geno was in a Mario game, so I don't see a problem with putting him next to other Mario characters when he has no series of his own. That's just me, though. :estatic:

Dee Dude

“Never ask Dee for anything again”
3DS FC
0576-7674-5319
Unless there’s a SMRPG series I’m unaware of then it’s pretty obvious Geno will be a Mario character.

Heck, Luigi makes more sense to get his own universe since he has two games (three if you count Mario is Missing) and an upcoming remake.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom