• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Dukeofdeath5

Smash Lord
Just woke up to this.
View attachment 159344
I'm guessing this is what they meant by "more coming soon" in that Nindies direct of Nintendo UK we just had … just a few days ago, holy crap. I wouldn't be surprised if the next real general Nintendo direct is announced or teased the same way at the end of this upcoming nindies direct on the 28th. Early September direct ? let's go. After 2 nindies directs and a smash focused direct, people who want a regular nintendo direct must be going crazy, so yeah…
Theory, they show a bunch of indie games, then at the end of the show they reveal SHANTAE repin the indie scene in Smash, you heard it here first

Imadethistoseealeak

Smash Champion
Honestly, the only thing that makes Geno different is that he is owned by SE.

And unlike Yoshi and Wario who have their own respective franchises, Geno doesn’t have any and his main appearance was in a main line Mario game. He’s going to most likely be considered a Mario Charcater through and through because of that.
Would not call it a "main line" Mario game. I've seen people say Paper Mario should get it's own series due to the difference.

I'm honestly not sure how he'll be represented. He should get a unique victory theme though!

Dixie Kong

Smash Ace
?

Pretty sure the Switch does have pre-loading. Example of which back when Mario Tennis Aces was close to release. There may have been a time the Switch didn't have pre-loading (I think that was the way it was prior to Mario Odyssey at the very least since I saw stuff that people could pre-load that back then.)
Ah, thanks for info! I thought I read that Super Mario Party wasn’t available for pre load in the US, but it’s available in the UK. Perhaps it’s just temporary.

drag0nscythe

Smash Master
What is the final predicted roster to be given leaks.

We do know fake in is being released. Last i heard, it was

Bandana dee
Heihachi
Isebelle
Shadow
Geno

But, maybe more. Could be wrong.

SonicMario

Smash Master
Ah, thanks for info! I thought I read that Super Mario Party wasn’t available for pre load in the US, but it’s available in the UK. Perhaps it’s just temporary.
Well Super Mario Party isn't out until October. I think most pre-loaded games don't come until maybe two weeks prior to release.

SonicMario

Smash Master
Sweet! How long does it usually take to pre load games?
Depends on the file size (And your internet speed obviously) I'd presume. I imagine Smash Ultimate when it's up to pre-load will take a good while. They better have pre-load for that available. Otherwise those getting it digital will be up night just waiting for it to download unless they can handle loading it while they sleep and then play it in the morning.

But for something obviously smaller like Super Mario Party may not take too long.

mynameisBlade

Smash Lord
heihachi lol

he's not getting in
I hope he doesn't only because he was added to Playstation All Stars... I wouldn't want Sakurai to rehash that idea... UNLESS it is old man Heihachi. THEN I will stand behind it. His Mii Fighter Costume was young Heihachi (eww) so I pray he looks like he does in Tekken 7..

Last edited:

Bionichute

Smash Champion
yeah basically because he was in playstation allstars. sakurai seems respectful enough to not steal ideas from other similar games

T-Hell

Smash Lord
A player from the deutch Gamescom invitational was wearing a Skull Kid t-shirt. You know what that means right?

SKULL KID CONF..

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
yeah basically because he was in playstation allstars. sakurai seems respectful enough to not steal ideas from other similar games
Why should that bar him though? He still got a Mii Costume in For regardless.

That’s like saying Dante won’t be in cause he was in PSASBR too (though it was his reboot likeness so nothing of value was lost; they’ll probably use his Classic appearance for Smash). So if Heihachi did get in it might be his older appearance, since his PSASBR likeness was his younger self.

Dukeofdeath5

Smash Lord
I genuinely think Sakurai couldn't give half of a **** who showed up in PS: Allstars. I'm almost uncertain he even knows of the game's existence at this point.

Characters being used in that game are absolutely NOT an apprehension for the Smash team. If they want Dante, or Heihachi, or Parapa, or idk Fat Princess they'll put em in

Last edited:

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
Was Crash planned for PSASBR DLC but ultimately canceled? I know Dart (Legend of Dragoon) was. Damn shame too...

Bionichute

Smash Champion
i just don't feel like heihachi is gonna happen. he isn't wanted enough, i think was basically just this month people started to talk about him

Mc.Rad

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-0842-4814-1315
YOUR REACTION

If we get a double reveal trailer for Shantae & Skull Kid at the Nindies Direct?
I'm gonna be real... I'd be mad that it wasn't Quote, Undyne, or literally any other popular indie game character. I mean, compared to Undertale and Cave Story, Shante doesn't have the true popularity or *cough*money making power*cough like those two. I mean, Cave Story was the posterboy for the Nintendo Wii Shop and Undertale is like... Undertale.

I do think that if Shovel Knight is just an assist, there's no way that Shantae will even make it in as like.... a trophy or even a sticker if they bring those back.

Now, Skull Kid is one of those characters I can live with. Again, there's few of those, but thankfully the "real deals" seems to be the stuff that's like that.

Last edited:

Pakky

Smash Hero
...That's not stealing, if you have the same character in a similar game there's a big chance that they're going to use the same abilities because they're using abilities they have from their game.

For example Ryu using Hadoken in Marvel V Capcom and Smash is fine because that's what he's know for doing.

Last edited:

itsaxelol

Smash Ace
Stupid question- is dash dancing like in melee or PM in? Or are the dash dances I'm seeing ridiculous tighter inputs like in brawl and smash 4? They seem to have MUCH more distance than brawl and 4. Is it a simple, lax window to input or what?

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
i just don't feel like heihachi is gonna happen. he isn't wanted enough, i think was basically just this month people started to talk about him
He may not be wanted enough, but he could still be hand picked by Sakurai himself. After all, while we did get some popular wants (Ridley, K. Rool), others didn’t make it (Krystal, Takamaru, Bomberman, and of course Waluigi). It’s all down to Sakurai’s decision.

I'm gonna be real... I'd be mad that it wasn't Quote, Undyne, or literally any other popular indie game character. I mean, compared to Undertale and Cave Story, Shante doesn't have the true popularity or *cough*money making power*cough like those two. I mean, Cave Story was the posterboy for the Nintendo Wii Shop and Undertale is like... Undertale.
Tbf I wouldn’t mind Undyne over Sans if we got someone from Undertale.

though i’d MOST prefer Mettaton, Asgore or Asriel...what? The game’s almost 3 years old, I can say it

Last edited:

Nazyrus

Smash Champion
YOUR REACTION

If we get a double reveal trailer for Shantae & Skull Kid at the Nindies Direct?
I don't think Skull kid would be revealed on a nindies direct tho… that would feel like people consider his game an indie thing, which is totally not. I would probably think about shantae, but to be honest i think any indie rep will be treated as an AT at this point… Just for Sakurai to avoid making feel any indie dev sad for not getting their character playable, ATs are probably the safest way for indie characters. Just my opinion tho.

MSmariosonic

Smash Hero
NNID
kidtendo1996
3DS FC
3566-1932-7732
Switch FC
SW 0383 4539 4118
Eh I don't think Sakurai would just copy paste an idea from another crossover fighting game.

If I recall there's a quote of Sakurai that mentions Mega Man's appearance in Marvel vs Capcom and how he wanted to implement his moveset another way that doesn't simply copy paste his moveset from mvc.

Likewise some of Ryu's gimmicks are unique to smash.

IF Sakurai were to add someone like Heihachi he wouldn't just even consider looking at All Stars Battle Royale

Dukeofdeath5

Smash Lord
Eh I don't think Sakurai would just copy paste an idea from another crossover fighting game.

If I recall there's a quote of Sakurai that mentions Mega Man's appearance in Marvel vs Capcom and how he wanted to implement his moveset another way that doesn't simply copy paste his moveset from mvc.

Likewise some of Ryu's gimmicks are unique to smash.

IF Sakurai were to add someone like Heihachi he wouldn't just even consider looking at All Stars Battle Royale
The only thing Sakurai would look at were he to add Heihachi is Tekken

WingedSupernova

Smash Ace
NNID
WingedNova
Switch FC
8149-7158-0019

I do think that if Shovel Knight is just an assist, there's no way that Shantae will even make it in as like.... a trophy or even a sticker if they bring those back.

Now, Skull Kid is one of those characters I can live with. Again, there's few of those, but thankfully the "real deals" seems to be the stuff that's like that.
Unfortunately I think you'll be disappointed. If we get an indie rep it'll either be Shantae or Travis Touchdown and definitely not anyone from Undertale.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Y'know, I just realized that Star Allies doesn't really have Bandana Dee as a canonical character in it. King Dedede and Meta Knight are involved in the story but Bandana Dee is only available as a Dream Friend - which makes his role in the game at the same level as Marx or Gooey

Bionichute

Smash Champion
i just want a legitimate leak to happen so i don't have to be tortured by speculation anymore

CaptainAmerica

Smash Master
NNID
TomOfHyrule
YOUR REACTION

I’ll be happy about Skull Kid...
However, Heihachi is Namco’s next biggest name overall after Pac. Most people didn’t talk much about him since ‘Third Party companies only get one rep’ until DLC. Didn’t we also pretend that ‘Nobody is allowed from a fighting game’ until Ryu too?

I’d prefer someone from Soul Calibur, but I recognize that Tekken is so much bigger of a franchise.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom