• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

CosmicQuark

Smash Master
Hey, I'm new here. Been wanting to join the conversation, and after lurking for months, decided SmashBoards is the most welcoming, as I'm usually nervous joining new threads. E3 renewed my love for Smash, the roster/stages/modes/options are shaping Ultimate up to being the perfect game. Only one addition would make it perfect in my eyes (guess who), but I remain cautious and love everything we have so far.

I think DLC is a lock--it's just probably not being planned at the moment, and it's not like there's a drought of likely contenders. Rex/Pyra, ARMS rep, new FE rep, Crash, as well as an echo pack all seem highly likely (though like previous DLC, I expect many third party guest characters). Even if Sakurai feels like he's finished after Ultimate releases, I can't imagine them dropping any continued support.

Alright boys and girls, you know what time is it, is "Calendar of Fighter of the day" day!.... that's an awful title, I know, silence and take a look:

View attachment 158368

This last week had 3 "fighter of the day" and I think I can confirm, after two months, that the average IS 3 for week, just look July, it had 2 weeks with 4 and what did they do to fix it? they had 2 weeks of only 2, and when that happen they go back to 3 for week.
Now let's count how many are left if this continues:
There are right now 67 characters + 6 echoes - 4 of pokemon trainer and miis since they share days = 69 characters.
78 - 69 = 9 characters left
I made a similar analysis, and I think that's the case. My guess is 4-5 more unique characters and 4 echoes.

PlugMeister

Smash Journeyman
NNID
PlugMeistr
Switch FC
SW-7021-0200-5077
Well to fair it's kinda bittersweet to have characters leaked. Its a relief that the character you want is there, but it also kinda cheapens the reveal, at least for me. Those who wanted Simon were of course excited, but imagine how much more excited they would be if they didn't know he was coming.

I myself wouldn't want Amaterasu leaked, cause that would be the worst possible thing to happen to me Smash Bros wise, yep I would really hope that doesn't happen.

DAMN IT MURPHY'S LAW YOU'RE SUPPOSED TO DELIVER!
Thanks to the "leak", the murder of Luigi ended up getting more people riled up than anything else in that trailer.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
Sometimes, it takes me 5 minutes to get out one post, and then what I was about to say becomes useless, because everybody's moved one. Happens a lot to me.
Site hiccups even made me double post by accident yesterday in another thread...the duplicate was deleted almost immediately but still

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
Well to fair it's kinda bittersweet to have characters leaked. Its a relief that the character you want is there, but it also kinda cheapens the reveal, at least for me. Those who wanted Simon were of course excited, but imagine how much more excited they would be if they didn't know he was coming.

I myself wouldn't want Amaterasu leaked, cause that would be the worst possible thing to happen to me Smash Bros wise, yep I would really hope that doesn't happen.

DAMN IT MURPHY'S LAW YOU'RE SUPPOSED TO DELIVER!
I know that feel. I don't always want the feeling of seeing a full CSS that seems like a well-done fan edit, only for it to be the actual thing leaked early. This is why I'm thankful for the extra-strength secrecy for this entry's reveals.

It’s been slowboards for me since yesterday lmao

What even is going on???
Even the site itself is getting tired of the crazed fanbase. Thank the lord Summer will be over in two weeks. :dizzy:

Icedragonadam

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5227-6397-6112
Another deadline 4chan rumor. And as always, it's a too good to be true rumor and it's likely going to be confirmed fake tonight.

https://gamefaqs.gamespot.com/boards/234547-super-smash-bros-ultimate/76911890

>New characters
Skull Kid
Isaac
Geno
Lloyd
Banjo
Incineroar

>Echos
Felix
Bandana Dee (You'll see)
Isabelle

>Stages
Venus Lighthouse
Hima
Moon (Only in special mode)
Hailfire Peaks

>Dates
No smash news during online direct
DLC to be announced November
Direct after TGS

>Proof
When this post is eight hours old, the title of this youtube video will change to "Bomb Blush Rush".

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
Thanks to the "leak", the murder of Luigi ended up getting more people riled up than anything else in that trailer.
Heh, no, King.K.Rool wasn't leaked and he was hype as heck.

---

Also, the more I listen to WarioWare Music, the more I wonder why we don't have more music of it in Smash.

Like, i'm going to be so sad if Body Rock & Wario De Mambo doesn't make it. :C

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Maybe that's why Sakurai is revealing all the characters before hand. Before the ESRB can.

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
I think DLC is a lock--it's just probably not being planned at the moment, and it's not like there's a drought of likely contenders. Rex/Pyra, ARMS rep, new FE rep, Crash, as well as an echo pack all seem highly likely (though like previous DLC, I expect many third party guest characters). Even if Sakurai feels like he's finished after Ultimate releases, I can't imagine them dropping any continued support.
I completely agree, and I'll throw in an argument that I used back in the days of Smash 4 speculation as well. There's always characters that Sakurai and the team wanted to add but couldn't quite make the cut. Sometimes they even get cut partway through development and traces of their existence is left in the code. DLC is the perfect remedy for this. Rather then cut out the potential character completely, they can finish it after they're done with the base game and sell it as DLC. I have a really strong hunch that's what happened with Mewtwo in Smash 4.

Also, welcome to the boards!

Last edited:

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
Another deadline 4chan rumor. And as always, it's a too good to be true rumor and it's likely going to be confirmed fake tonight.

>New characters
Skull Kid
Isaac
Geno
Lloyd
Banjo
Incineroar

>Echos
Felix
Bandana Dee (You'll see)
Isabelle

>Stages
Venus Lighthouse
Hima
Hailfire Peaks

>Dates
Direct after TGS

>Proof
When this post is eight hours old, the title of this youtube video will change to "Bomb Blush Rush".
> Bandana Dee
YESSSSS

>...as an Echo
nope.avi

Also isn’t Bomb Rush Blush already on the site??

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908

>New characters
Skull Kid
Isaac
Geno
Lloyd
Banjo
Incineroar

>Echos
Felix
Bandana Dee (You'll see)
Isabelle

>Stages
Venus Lighthouse
Hima
Hailfire Peaks

>Dates
Direct after TGS

>Proof
Giving your fake leak an imminent deadline is one of the main elements to making a bunch of people talk about it forever.
The title of the video likely won't change, but it'll have a handful of people clamoring over F5 anyway.

Iridium

Smash Hero

>New characters
Skull Kid
Isaac
Geno
Lloyd
Banjo
Incineroar

>Echos
Felix
Bandana Dee (You'll see)
Isabelle

>Stages
Venus Lighthouse
Hima
Hailfire Peaks

>Dates
Direct after TGS

>Proof
">Proof
When this post is eight hours old, the title of this youtube video will change to "Bomb Blush Rush"."

No. Just no. That's terrible proof. I have a feeling that "8 hours" is to just keep this rumor alive for that amount of time.

Last edited:

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
Also isn’t Bomb Rush Blush already on the site??
Read it again.
He said it would change to "Bomb Blush Rush".

I got ninja'd by Icedragonadam Icedragonadam but I wanted to be sassy because I couldn't have posted this when I typed it because I had just posted and I didn't wanna edit my post cause it wouldn't have pinged you.

Iridium

Smash Hero
bandana dee echo lmao what.

who would he even echo
If they do Kirby, his spear will be his . . . arm. :troll:

Yeah, I just don't see it. I bet you someone will think of him as another Marth echo or something ridiculous like that.

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
Maybe Dee is an echo of Kirby does not use his spear as much in his moveset, sorta like Dark Pit without his main weapon the Dark Pit Staff.

Just something to think about, I doubt it is real though.

Last edited:

osby

Smash Obsessed
If they do Kirby, his spear will be his . . . arm. :troll:

Yeah, I just don't see it. I bet you someone will think of him as another Marth echo or something ridiculous like that.
We have hilt, tip, no hilt and no tip Marths.

A neither hilt or tip Marth would be a great and valuable addition to the roster.

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352

>New characters
Skull Kid
Isaac
Geno
Lloyd
Banjo
Incineroar

>Echos
Felix
Bandana Dee (You'll see)
Isabelle

>Stages
Venus Lighthouse
Hima
Hailfire Peaks

>Dates
Direct after TGS

>Proof
The Moon is an AT
The Moon is a background object of a stage
The Moon is a stage
The Moon might also be a FS

Man, Sakurai really likes that moon.

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
Maybe Dee is an echo of Kirby does not use his spear as much in his moveset, sorta like Dark Pit without his main weapon the Dark Pit Staff.

The Dark Pit staff is named after him, but the Silver Bow is actually his main weapon. He only actually uses his staff once in the main game, and he still uses his bow in that same level during the boss fight. KI:U just had a weapon named after almost every boss fight.

MSmariosonic

Smash Hero
NNID
kidtendo1996
3DS FC
3566-1932-7732
Switch FC
SW 0383 4539 4118
Sakurai is probably straight out enjoying developing Smash games.

It kinda is an honor having that role, I assume

I mean what other developer has the license to have solid snake and cloud strife in the same game? Not SuperBot entertainment, I tell ya

Last edited:

osby

Smash Obsessed

I think it's more of "how can he do the stuff Kirby/Meta Knight/Jigglypuff/whatever does?".

ProjectDream

Smash Apprentice
10 newcomers, less than Melee, lowest in Smash history. It makes sense to me with that total number, and the leak lists in my mind the most viable newcomers left.

Ofcourse I want this to be real, it's a perfect roster.

PlugMeister

Smash Journeyman
NNID
PlugMeistr
Switch FC
SW-7021-0200-5077
10 newcomers, less than Melee, lowest in Smash history. It makes sense to me with that total number, and the leak lists in my mind the most viable newcomers left.

Ofcourse I want this to be real, it's a perfect roster.
10 newcomers sounds somewhat feasible, but I feel like more than half would be echoes, considering we only have 4 months left.

T-Hell

Smash Lord
Maybe that's why Sakurai is revealing all the characters before hand. Before the ESRB can.
Not exactly, but it really seems like this time he's putting extra work into hidding stuff, and if that's the case, I would not be surprised if instead he's playing this little games of teases and clues that some of us are getting paranoid about. Think about it, I mean, Sakurai is a jokster and a funny man, that's something he would totally do in an entry like Ultimate.

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
The Moon is an AT
The Moon is a background object of a stage
The Moon is a stage
The Moon might also be a FS

Man, Sakurai really likes that moon.
Maybe the Moon is on its way to become Ridley's successor now that he's playable?
aka that one monster that has countless roles in Smash BUT playable. :upsidedown:

Last edited:

ProjectDream

Smash Apprentice
10 newcomers sounds somewhat feasible, but I feel like more than half would be echoes, considering we only have 4 months left.
We only have 4 unique newcomers so far, it'd be pretty barebones to have anything below 7. I think 10 is a good decent number.

You can cram that all into the next 4 months. Nintendo Direct in Late Sept, A Smash Direct in Oct and November and maybe they just drop announcements on the site after the daily character posts are done. Who knows.

Shroob

Sup?
So, are we finally not taking Loz seriously now?

The Gamefaqs thing was one thing, but the twitter nuke was a whole nother level.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom