• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

monadoboy

Smash Lord
This is a pretty basic question, but what are your guys' favorite stage that we know of thus far? Mine is Fountain of Dreams, with New Pork City coming a close second place.
I'd love to say Gaur Plains, but looking at the cluster**** it is, I'll have to go with Smashville

papagenos

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-0554-8947-9778
All those fakes including Gardevoir and Gothitelle lol

The fake that those two originally came from was wrong on which Castlevania character was in Smash... it said no Simon, but Richter

I feel like my covering of that leak might have played a part in spreading it to the fakers unfortunately.

I am banking on that leak probly being true, i wont argue my points again here but I am personally guessing at gardevoir over incineroar (i'm not 100% sure of this obviously but I do beleive the leak is likely real right now and thats who we are getting as a pokemon).

Now I'm not mad that I spread the leak, as in I may have convinced people to give it a second look and that it isnt as crazy and disregardable as I saw people saying when they were first looking at it... but I am sorry if I spread the leak to the FAKERS and now gardevoir/gothitelle end up on a bunch of new fake leaks.

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
I'd say Axes, while still giving disjoints, would require significantly differently implementation to make work.

Note: I used animations from the Fire Emblem GBA games just because they're easy to get.

These are nothing like Ike, at all.
I look at that and I still see a bunch of heavy disjoints.

Lances and Axes would be visually distinct from swords, I'll give them that. Lances would probably have longer, narrower hitboxes since they're meant to be thrust while axes would probably be even more powerful, slower, and possibly have less range than a sword...but in the end, I still think that they just won't do enough to set themselves apart.

To clarify, I'd be super hyped if by some miracle a Hector trailer was dropped. But I don't think the other weapon types are unique enough to warrant their own characters. I know Corrin gets a lot of flack for being anime swordsman #9001, but I really think his dragon fang abilities set himself apart more than any axe ever could.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Lyn will do quite nicely :cool:
do not look at her
only look at axe
waifus are temporary, axes are eternal

But I don't think the other weapon types are unique enough to warrant their own characters. I know Corrin gets a lot of flack for being anime swordsman #9001, but I really think his dragon fang abilities set himself apart more than any axe ever could.
I think it's less the "unique" factor and more "finally something new and different" for me.
Hand Axes would also be pretty OP for a heavyweight character if it's K. Rool's crown but better and faster

Last edited:

DarkFalcon

Smash Champion
What does "over represented" even mean? Every single FE character in Smash is fairly popular, and even the less popular ones like Corrin are really unique. Complaints about FE characters is one thing that really, REALLY gets under my skin. The reason 3 of them even made the game was because in their debut appearances they're easy clones.

Can't remove Marth. Poster child of the franchise.

Ike? Not a chance.

Robin? Fairly unique and represents the revival of the franchise.

Roy? Was popular in Melee and people wanted him back in Smash 4.

Lucina? Incredibly popular and was an easy clone choice.

Corrin? Marketing for the new game, and despite not being as popular, is by far the most unique FE character.

Chrom? Was heavily requested in the last game, so they added him here as an echo.

If you change your stance to "Well, they don't play differently enough!" Then you're changing the argument to something completely different.

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
Got an interesting question for you all; starting off, is your most wanted newcomer still not revealed or already known to not be playable in Smash Ultimate? If so, and, this bring us to my main question, how do you think you'll feel about that newcomer's chances for a future Smash title?

Do you think this is their best shot? Do you think they'll be better off next time? Or do you think it's a now or never scenario? Would you prefer they get in Ultimate instead of a later game because this most likely the only time every single past veteran will be able to fight alongside them?

Part of the reason why I'm asking this is because I have some of these same thoughts about a few of my most wanted characters. And as I see more and more newcomer candidates with dedicated support bases get disconfirmed for Ultimate, I'm feeling a lot more sympathy for their fans than I used to. With few exceptions, I tried to least offered some condolences to those who really wanted some characters who failed to get in. But now, with this latest entry of Smash truly owning up to it's title with the return of all veterans, many of the most popular fan choices finally getting in as well, this most likely being the only time that will ever happen, and having no idea on when another new game in the Super Smash Bros. series will eventually release, I worry this may be now or never for some of my remaining most wanted characters, or at the very least, that they'll be missing out on the overall best Smash game yet, at least in my eyes. So even if they do get into a later installment, I'll still be overjoyed, yet I may still feel like something significant is missing from it all. And knowing all that, I'm sympathizing more with the fans of characters I've not really wanted or even cared about much more than I used to, as of late.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Moving away from Fire Emblem, seeing Black Shadow pop up a lot more in fake leaks is starting to scare me a bit. I don't want my hopes to be given up.

also i think it'd be funny that we'd have a shadow and black shadow in the same game (assuming they're both in)

What does "over represented" even mean? Every single FE character in Smash is fairly popular, and even the less popular ones like Corrin are really unique. Complaints about FE characters is one thing that really, REALLY gets under my skin. The reason 3 of them even made the game was because in their debut appearances they're easy clones.

Ike? Not a chance.

Corrin? Marketing for the new game, and despite not being as popular, is by far the most unique FE character.

Chrom? Was heavily requested in the last game, so they added him here as an echo.

If you change your stance to "Well, they don't play differently enough!" Then you're changing the argument to something completely different.
My dog I know you didn't just claim Corrin > Robin in uniqueness.

Roberk

Smash Champion
Anyways, it's time for another Session. This time around I've got 4 days worth of supposed leaks. There should be 60+ supposed leaks if I'm correct. This is a big one, so be aware of that. On another note, since release there have been over 550 supposed leaks for Smash Bros. Ultimate, with almost 400 of those being dead. Fun stuff.
Nintendo is going to have a Nindie Showcase style direct during Pax, a lot of **** is going to be shown, but I'm just going to put the biggest things to take away from the showcase.
>Blade Strangers first wave of DLC is announced for two months after the launch. Characters are Plague Knight and CommanderVideo
>Shovel Knight King of Cards is set to release in November
>Spelunky 2 is announced for Switch along with the first bits of gameplay shown, no release date
>Meat Boy Forever gets a new trailer showcasing some more areas
>Choice Previsions announces the Guest Characters DLC for Runner3 containing Gunvolt, Shantae, Spelunky Kid(the main character of Spelunky 2), Invisible CommanderVideo, Quote, Issac(Binding of Issac), and exclusive to the Switch version, Mario(yes, actual Mario), set to release in October.
>Choice Previsions also announces that they are remaking the original Bit.Trip Saga exclusively for Switch titled "A Bit.Trip Re-imagined," coming soon
>IndiePogo is coming to Switch, no set release date
>Rivals of Aether is coming to Switch
>Team Cherry shows a trailer for the Gods and Glory expansion of Hollow Knight along with a quick look at the Hornet DLC.
>In a surprise ending, a trailer announcing that CommanderVideo is coming to Smash Ultimate is shown with Quote and Shantae in the game as assist trophies.

I unironically want Reimu more than I want CommanderVideo. What would he even do? Honestly.
Feel free to screenshot this.
Currently translating this game to English.

Spirits isn't an adventure mode, campaign or any kind of gameplay like everyone is speculating.

It's a mode similar to the system in Smash 4 which lets you customize character stats.

The difference is, Spirits allows you to give any character their stats, speed and play style from any previous Smash game, including some new power enhancements. They inherit their past iterations "spirit," if you will.

For example, you can play as Mario with either FLOOD or his yellow cape. Link with his new remote bombs or his original ones.

There are presets for all character stats from past games, so you can select whether they play like in the OG Smash, Melee, Brawl or Smash 4.

The idea seems to be inspired by Street Fighters similar approach to character tweaks and selections.

Ultimately, this mode is designed to satisfy those who want a melee remake or prefer that fast style of gameplay.

Hope that clears all confusion.

An interesting interpretation of Spirits mode, but it's likely wrong.
Hello, today I met someone in the restaurant during lunch break. When I started talking he said he was working at Smash Ultimate, but he did not tell the department he was working for. Later I asked him if I could ask a few questions (he probably thinks why he did not tell his department). But I will ask you the last question

Sadly, at the beginning it starts with bad news, but sadly Waluigi can not play. He is stuck as an assist trophy

(Bad news too) This is Sakurai's final strike

(Bad News) There is only one other 3rd party character released for the game (I will help the trophee later)

Well good news

Game mode of the new spirit: Story mode like subspace, but the plot is irrelevant. The "bad thing" that is happening is not the change to a trophy, but the letter is changing to the mind. Survivors are Belmonts, Samus, Inkling, Kongs (as shown in its trailer), then almost Mac, Pit, and finally two new characters

Smash Run was returned to online and single player, but now you can play with up to 4 players and you can split the screen mechanics on the same console. Since you have 2 switches that can have 8 players, 8 smash runs are available for both online players and local play, but a new map,

New echo fighter plane: Octo-Ring

New echo fighter plane: Ninten (echo of Lucas and Nes)

New fighter plane: Gardevoir (mainly based on Pokken's moveet)

New echo fighter: Gothitelle (of Gardevoir)

New echo fighter: Ken (dragon)

New fighter plane: Skull Kid (who guessed it)

Assist trophy: Shantae (sorry)

Unspecified

The bad guy of spirits

Reveal the order of characters

Presence or absence of return of Smash Tour

How they handle all-star

Gen 7/8 Playable Pokemon

If I could go to Sakurai, it was all the information I could collect.

I am sorry for bad grammar, I used Google Translate

I am sorry for bad "leak". I used 4chan.
Hey guys, I just wanted to let you know I have an accurate source that seems to claim info about Smash Ultimate. Keep in mind some of this info sound a bit off so take this with a grain of salt. Anyways, this person talks about the Characters and Echo Fighters we may get in Smash Ultimate. Here are the Echo Fighters first.

Echo Fighters:
Black Shadow
Ninten
Celica
Galacta Knight
Dixie Kong
Shadow the Hedghog
Isabelle
There was another fighter but I couldn't make out who they were. But let's move on to Unique Fighters and the reasons why, unless you're one of those people who don't believe leaks, I understand why, but this leak is kind of accuarate so bear with me hear. But let's go on.

Geno: I don't need to explain this, he was rejected from Brawl and became a Mii Fighter costume. Now here's the thing, there were Inklings, K. Rool, and Chrom Mii costumes for Smash 4 right? Well this is a pattern for who characters can be hyped for Smash Ultimate.

Isaac: Highly requested character, another thing I should point out is they remove his Assist Trophy from Smash 4. That means they were saving Isaac for a future Smash game after Smash 4.

Jin Kazama: He was chosen to be the fighting game icon for Tekken because his moveset became easier to decipher. Heihachi was considered but turned down because of his moveset again.

Banjo-Kazooie: Microsoft and Nintendo have been friendly lately and not rivals. Not to mention Phil Spencer is now giving Banjo-Kazooie due to the deal Micro and Nintendo are making.

Prince Sable: Now if you know Sakurai, he always like adding obscure characters that we didn't know like R.O.B. and Duck Hunt. Except this character is super obscure. We know him because of his AT in Smash 4. Well this time we didn't see his AT here. This means is he now a fighter.

Buzzwole: Due to his populairty in the Pokemon franchise, Buzzwole will be a fighter in Smash Ultimate: Decidueye and Incineroar were considered but they already have Ivysaur and Charizard.

This is one hell of a roster. The holy trinity (K. Rool, Geno, and Ridley) with bonus Isaac and Jin Kazama and Banjo & Kazooie alongside Simon Belmont? That's a solid roster.
Pokemon's new Smash character will be revealed at the 2018 Pokemon World Championships later this month (August 24th-26th). And yes, it's exactly who you think it is.

It's Incineroar. This one's got a short kill-switch, so it's okay I guess.
Spirit mode is a smash run rework that works like a metroidvania, with random bosses including Rathalos, Fawful, Porky, Medusa, Hardin, King Bob-Omb, Zero Two, DJ octavio, Dr. Eggman, a Square enix villain (my sources didn't tell me which) and Master Hand.

Spirits will also be the main way to unlock characters, whrere you can encounter them randomly in the map by collecting their spirits and putting them into their trophies.

The other blurred symbol is a Smash Shop, where you can buy alternate costumes for some of your characters with coins you earn in Spirits and other modes, Meta Ridley, Pajamas Ness and Fire Mario included.

Break the targets will be returning, but not with character specific maps. All-star mode will also be unlocked after you unlock every character.

These are the new characters that haven't been announced yet:

-Shantae
-Elma
-Skull Kid
-Geno (last announcement and the one they hype the most, like K.rool and Ridley)

-Isabelle (Echo)
-Medusa (Echo)
-Shadow (Echo)
-Hilda (Echo)

For DLC, they are only working on one character right now, and that is a gen 8 pokemon.

Bonus points for the Generation 8 Pokemon on the list. That's out there.
Next month on September 25th there’s going to be another Super Smash Bros Direct, Geno will be announced do to him being a highly requested character. Sakurai said he wanted Geno in Smash Bros but he couldn’t get the licensing before. Square Enix finally agreed to put in him Smash Bros.

Seems more like this guy's trying to predict the reveal instead of "leak" it. No more comments from here on out for the sake of my time and the fact that none of you read these. Reply telling me you do if you actually see and read this.
I’m risking everything just to post this, but I came across The romanized list of echoes. I’m not sure if this is the full list or not, but a lot of these were created towards the later end of character development. I’ve removed the information that was already announced. Can’t say more specifically on how I came across this list due to my job, but you’ll see it come true in the months to come.

Echoes-
Ryu - Weirdly enough has two listed
Ken and Gouki (Not sure who this is) There is also a note that these models need to take priority over the others. We should have the lighting on these no later than Aug 31.

Mario-
Imajin (don’t know who that is)

Villager-
Isabelle (but listed under Shizue )

Sonic-
Shadow

Captain Falcon-
Black Shadow

Ness/Lucas (listed as both. I’m assuming it’s a hybrid)-
Ninten

Donkey Kong-
Funky Kong. There is also a Note about Toshihide Tsuchiya re-recording lines and some Japanese writing. Couldn’t tell you what it means.

Sheik (I’m assuming because it’s written as Sh?ku)
Impa

Solid Snake-
Big Boss. There is a note about this one only having a single color. (That is highly unusual)

Issac -
Felix (looks like two golden sun reps! There aren’t any notes about just Issac. )

Other notes:

Not sure if these are playable in any capacity. A lot of these could be assist trophies or other in game assets that need cleaning up.

Ray Mk 1-3 (I’m not sure why it list 1 through 3)

Skull Kid

Creeper (Minecraft? Assist trophy more than likely.)

Desueggurobo (with note about Dr. Eggman expressions needing clean up and metal sonic animation effects needing to be added. Not sure if this is a metal sonic final smash, a boss, or playable character.The romanization is hard to make out.)

Dixie Kong

Black Bull (with a note about replacing blue falcon animation. )

Geno (Japanese writing next to it and a red underline)
I have some nice juicy stuff for you Waluigi supporters, and it has to do with the Smash Ballot.
As you all know, popular characters such as Bayonetta was highly requested in the Ballot for WII U. Since we've dedicated this next installment to the Smash franchise to be the most Fan service out of all of the previous games, we've decided to bring the Smash Ballot back onto Ultimate. It will be open at the start of next January up until late June. We know how much you all love Waluigi, and were sad to see him get deconfirmed as a playable fighter. If you truly feel he should be in Ultimate, let us know by sharing your vote in the Ballot.

I do not know much about the fighters (other than who will NOT be playable), as a great deal of information is held in secret and only told to a few amount of employees. All I know is that there will be 3 new echo fighters ready to show by the next Smash direct which will happen within the next two months. One of the echo fighters will be a heavy-weight, another will be Shadow the Hedgehog (An echo of Sonic), and the other will be Isabelle (An echo of Villager). Please hold this information on a loose string since these are only rumors, and only have a small chance of being true.

There will be 4 completely new stages, one of which will be a mixture of various flying vehicles from across the franchises. The ships will act as platforms, similar to the stage "Orbital Gate" from Star fox. There will also be another stage to represent the "Legend of Zelda" franchise. I could only assume it to be Breath of the Wild. The other two are currently unknown, I will update you guys when I get further information.

I know a lot of you are asking about the supposed "Story Mode" at the bottom left of the start menu, so I will get straight to the point. Yes, the mode is an adventure mode and yes it is called "Spirits". The name so far is just a placeholder at the moment of its development. It will feature gameplay similar to Subspace but feature a new story (Acts as a sequel to Subspace Emissary) that includes the new playable villains on the roster (K. Rool, Ridley, etc.) The mode will include many of the cutscenes you have already seen and more, boss fights, and an exclusive fighter you can only unlock via completing the mode.

Here are a few confirmations I have:
-Paper Mario (Is not a playable fighter but is an assist trophy)

-Geno (Will not appear as anything but a trophy)

-Rabbids (Only representations they will get is in items, where you can pick up one of the weapons, the "Bwah Blaster", and each individual main character from Mario + Rabbids will get a trophy)

-Goku (Will not be a playable fighter or even assist trophy. Sakurai has made his judgement on him and its final)

-Pokemon GEN VII (There will be no new Pokemon representatives for the newest generation, as we feel the best way to represent them is through pokeballs)

Confirmations:
-Shadow (Will in fact be an echo fighter of Sonic)

-Issac (Will be an assist trophy)

-Isabelle (Will be an Echo Fighter of Villager)

That is all I have, until next time.
Hey guys, so I wanted to let you know I have a credible source for Super Smash Bros. Ultimate, keep in mind take this with a grain of salt, it could change less anyways so let's get to it.

Newcomers-

A Classic NES Fighter: I don't know who this is but I speculate it could be Mach Rider.

Travis Touchdown: Due to Suda51's request Travis will be added into the game. His echo fighter is Henry.

Necrozma: Due to his different typing he was chosen as the new Gen 7 Pokemon for Smash.

Jin Kazama: Due to his easy moveset he is going to be added into Smash.

Shantae: Due to her popularity she will be added into Smash. Nega Shantae will be her Echo Fighter.

Celica: Given her popularity she was chosen to be a Smash character. And no, she's different from Robin.

Echo Fighters-
Shadow(Echo fighter of Sonic)
Black Shadow(Echo fighter of C. Falcon)
Ninten(Echo fighter of Ness)
Isabelle(Echo fighter of Villager)

Fighters that won't get trailers until post release, this means no DLC because they haven't decided that yet but these fighters will be unlockables-

Isaac: Given his popularity and the request from western fans, he will be added in Smash Ultimate. Felix is his echo fighter.

Banjo-Kazooie: Due to request from fans and the deal from Microsoft and Nintendo. Banjo-Kazooie will be added into Smash.
Hello, with all these "leaks" going around I doubt any of you guys will believe me. But I have some information on smash. Im a videographer. And I helped write the script for a smash cinematic. I won't spoil a lot because I still want it to be suspenseful. But the scene opens up in a Forest with Yoshi roaming around. 2 fairies start harrasing him and skull kid laughs and then is revealed as a fighter. Game play is put in at this point then it goes back to the cinematic. Young link is shown fighting skull kid and jumps in to save Yoshi. Skull kid summons puppets to fight young link. One of the puppets doesn't respond to skull kids commands. He looks at it and then the camera zooms to the puppet. It looks up and then raises it's arm as the camera zooms out fast and reveals Geno. Then there is some game play of geno. That's all I know as I haven't worked on other cinematics they have other people working on other cinematics I was just assigned to skull kid and Geno's trailer. I know this probably will be overlooked but I just wanted to get this out there have a good day!
Hi /v/,

A close friend of mine (who I shall not name) is currently abroad in Japan doing some translation and distribution work for BANDAI NAMCO for a new IP (the details on this are vague). Whilst working for them, he sat in on a conference between a few big company men who were discussing the current games they're working on, and Smash Ultimate was brought up. According to him, they had mentioned a few things that are yet to be announced and following the conference, everybody involved was handed some documents that also had more information. I've asked him for photos of the documents, but he said that his phone was taken from him beforehand to prevent information leaving the room. I've picked his brain for the past few days and this is the information he gave me in regards to Smash Ultimate:

>Heihachi is in as a new guest fighter, featuring costumes in both his younger and older appearances, along with a new stage called Mishima Dojo.
He says that the way they were talking, it implied he was the next character to be revealed.

>Spring Man and Ribbon Girl will be introduced as new characters.
There was no mention of a new stage based on ARMS or whether they'll operate as the same character, with alternate costumes.

>Metal Sonic, Ken and Black Shadow will be new Echo fighters.
Based off of Sonic, Ryu and Captain Falcon. Details are vague on these.

>Clock Town and LABO will be added as new stages.
I asked, and he said he didn't hear anything about Skull Kid being playable, but that's still possible.
Apparently the LABO stage is one that changes between the different LABO products.

>The Prince (Katamari) will be a new Assist Trophy.
Not much information on this one. Maybe players and items get caught by him and stick to his ball?

>A new Pokemon will be introduced as a fighter, but it wont be one from Sun and Moon.
He said they specifically left out the name, and kept referring to it as "Pokemon"

I also asked about Waluigi, Geno, Sora, etc. To this, I was told Waluigi got mentioned once in jest, and left at that. The rest weren't brought up at all in the conference or documents.

I couldn't get any more information from him, but this sounds like it could be interesting, and I was certainly surprised by the inclusion of Heihachi and The Prince.
I have new information for Smash fans.

Newcomers:
- Cooking mama
- Geno
- Isaac
- Waddle dee
- Skull Kid
- Karate Joe
- Rayman
- Rex
- Shadow (Echo)
- Ken (Echo)
- Isabelle (Echo)
- Dixie (Echo)
- Felix (Echo)

110+ stages

Next Smash direct in November.
Hey. An acquaintance of mine with insider knowledge has given me information on the rest of the Super Smash Bros. Ultimate roster, as well as stages and the secret mode. I am unfortunately not able to give any information on who my source is, in order to maintain his anonymity. The legitimacy of my source will become clear over the coming months.

My source has not told me when they will be revealed, but the remaining unique fighters are:
Skull Kid from The Legend of Zelda series
Isaac from the Golden Sun series
Bandana Waddle Dee from the Kirby series
Incineroar from the Pokémon series
Geno from Super Mario RPG

Additionally, the remaining echo fighters are:
Isabelle from the Animal Crossing series (echo of Villager)
Zelgius from the Fire Emblem series (echo of Ike)
Ken from the Street Fighter series (echo of Ryu)
Felix from the Golden Sun series (echo of Isaac)
Shadow from the Sonic the Hedgehog series (echo of Sonic)

The empty spaces on the stage select screen will be filled with 6 new stages. These new stages include Melemele Island and Venus Lighthouse.

I can confirm that the secret mode is a story mode known as Spirits, like many of you suspect. However, I am not able to provide any more details at this time.
Hello 4chan I am on the debug team for the upcoming Smash Bros game. I cannot reveal any personal information as I fear for my job, however I would like to put all of the rumors to rest. The newcomer roster was fully realized in mid 2015. The game is nearly complete and the development team is hard at work finishing Echo Fighters, which have allowed us to develop many highly requested fighters with a lighter work load.
There are three more newcomers, being the non-Echo fighter count to a perfect 70. The remaining fighters are Skull Kid, Gardevoir, & Geno. Although DLC will indeed not begin development until the release of the game in December, many characters have already been decided (Isaac, Banjo & Kazooie, Karate Joe, Shantae, Heihachi). We plan to support SSBU much longer than Wii U/3DS.
The team has really gone all out with Echo Fighters. The ones yet to be shown are Isabelle, Gothitelle, Shadow, Dixie Kong, Ken, Birdo, & Medusa. More Echo Fighters will likely be released in packs as DLC down the line.
The new RPG story mode called Spirits is indeed real and will be revealed in the next Direct. This mode will allow you to unlock characters like the Subspace story mode in Brawl, but you can still unlock them through VS. matches. That’s all the info I can give for now. Whether or not this will be accepted is out of my hands but as we get closer to December all will be revealed.
Hey all, I have some inside information reguarding the new smash bros game for you.

There are 3 newcomers and 4 echos remaining. This brings the roster up to 80 if you count echos separately, and 70 if you don't

Newcomers are:
Geno
Skull kid
Rayman

Echoes:
Isabelle
Dixie Kong
Shadow
Ken

The new mode is indeed called spirits, and is basically a sequel to subspace, each level more closely resembles iconic Nintendo locations and this is the way you unlock most characters

All star, smash run, smash tour, stage builder, masterpieces, special smash, mulitman smash, challanges, home run contest, master and crazy orders all return.

2 additonal stages based on rayman and mario RPG are in.

There are over 1000 trophies.

New 4 player mode allows a player to take control of master hand and fight against 3 other players.

King of the hill mode, where a zone appears in the stage and standing within it for a period of time gives a point.

Any questions, I'll try to answer.

Master hand, crazy hand and master core all return.

Rathalos indeed appears in this mode

New bosses Include eggman, Kraid, giygas, and more.

Sorry for a late reply,
Issac and Felix are regular trophies, don't know anything else.
Yo! First of all, i'm part of the staff working for Smash Ultimate's Soundtrack, you can call me Buru (i'm not giving any more informations about me because i want to keep my job :) ). I'm here to share some infos about franchises being represented in the game, based on the music we're working on, so:
-Forest Maze (Geno's Theme)
-Dark Shadow's Theme
-Funky Kong's Theme
-Champion Battle Theme (from Pokémon Sun & Moon)
-Majora's Mask Battle Theme
-a Shantae Medley
-Rayman Legends' Main Theme, a Mario + Rabbids Medley

And that's all i know! Also, disclamer, if someone's theme is in the game, that does not neccessarily mean they will be playable, and if someone's theme is not in the list, that does not mean they won't be in the game at all!
I hope this gives you more hype about the game, bye!
Ok, let me get this over with. A ton of Direct leaks appear. Wrong Dark Souls release date just debunks it. There is no Direct in September besides a Online direct in September. A Nindies direct will happen this month. A Switch direct will happen in November, and 3DS mini direct in October. Now, let’s get started with this Direct. P.S, it's a big direct to end the year off
> Starts on November 8. No headlines.
> Starts right away with a new Smash trailer to Chorus Kids. Then amiibo wave 1 and 2 are announced. (wave 1 is Inkling, Ridley, and Wolf, 2 is Snake, Daisy, Chrom, and Pichu) Wave 1 launches day 1, wave 2 launches in February 2019
> Pokemon Let’s Go gets a new trailer and a little more news
> Chibi-Robo: Plugged, 2019
> Next Reggie announces, SNES Remix launching on Nintendo Switch. Available December 4
> (This game will have a release date by now) Team Sonic Racing, December 14
> Diablo 3 is confirmed for Switch, 2019
> DAEMON X MACHINA: Story trailer. Launching January 25
> Travis Strikes Again is launching November 30
> Bayonetta 3 finally gets footage. With a release date of Summer 2019
> Yoshi: Flipside gameplay trailer. Launching this April
> Wonderful 101 port launching November 13
> New Super Mario Bros Collection launching early 2019
> Mario Tennis Aces gets DLC, then a teaser to Super Mario Baseball releasing in 2019
> More JOY-CONS
> Isabelle confirmed for Smash as a echo
> Tomodachi World is confirmed for Switch, launching November 27
> Doom Eternal gets a trailer for Switch, with a launch of 2019 still
> Overwatch is now confirmed for Switch. It was supposed to be announced at E3 but it’s not. Launching December 11
> Final Fantasy 15 gets a trailer for Switch (trust me, it’s not good graphics) launching in 2019
> Warframe is launching today for free, and Fortnite Save the world is also launching on Nintendo Switch today
> Fire Emblem Three Houses gets a gameplay trailer, May 2019, Shin Megami Tensei V May 2019
> Star Fox Switch, and Animal Crossing Switch is confirmed, no name, 2019
> Mother 3 is confirmed, titled for U.S, Earthbound: Endings, 2019
> Paper Mario: Switch is also confirmed, 2019
> Pikmin 4 is fully announced, releasing early 2019
> Ends off with a new teaser to Metroid Prime 4 showing Samus and Ridley, then the logo
> Fully ends off with trailer to Rayman in smash. Then adds Chorus Kids, Isabelle, and Rayman to the art. P.S, this can be changed anytime, its August this is November. These are just the plans.
Hello fellow Smashers,
if you don't want to know the roster, DO NOT CONTINUE TO READ!
Leaks aren't the best for everyone, I speak from experience.

So let's begin then:
There are going to be a few more surprises left.
I won't spoil everything to protect my sources, but I will give hints.
First off are the Newcomers that are pretty obvious:
Isabelle and Shadow as Echoes
Since the direct I can also with certainty confirm that Skull Kid and Karate Joe are in.
Geno and Heihachi also come from a promising source of mine.
Now to some surprises:
A new Mother representative is joining Smash Ultimate, because Nintendo want to create more hype for the series for remakes / possible new release in the future.
A not that popular (in comparison) but very much beloved Character from around 2000 is finally in.
And at last, what remains missing? Of course a Pokemon-representative. Look at the banner and you might find what your heart desires.

I also want to clarify a few things, because I'm not going to post anything besides this leak.
Banjo-Kazoie was very much planned. But due to time he was scrapped for now. I have heard that he was
considered a Semi-Echo of Duck Hunt, which would have been a let down. I THINK he is certainly DLC.

Additionally, there MAY be 1 or 2 Echo fighters that have been developed at the very end,
which noone has heard about yet, because pretty much 1:1 Echos that
they may have had sprites beforehand would not take long to make.
So I had a chance, along with a few others, to try out Smash Ultimate’s Spirits mode.
Yes, as everyone has guessed Spirit mode is connected to the boss fights we see in the trailers.
>At the beginning of the game Spirit mode is locked, to unlock it you have to play through classic mode once with one of the original eight smash 64 characters.
>When you first open up Spirit mode you are to choose up to four characters.
>When the game begins the game mode is that of something right out of an RPG maker, and I don’t mean like trying to capture something like a zeldda game but instead it looks like something like the OG Copse Party game, according to someone we were talking with they wanted to get a “washed out” feeling for the game.
>The first “rpg” little map seems to be straight up the boys room from the opening sequence of Smash 64, makes sense as those characters are the first ones available.
>The only thing you can do is go through the bedroom door which is known as a “Spirit Gate” and boy that’s where this gets fun.
>In Spirit mode, there are a total of eight spirit gates that you can enter each one with one of three smash fights: Hero Spirits, Rival Spirits, and Boss spirits. Each one is pretty self explanatory: Hero gives you the chance to face heros (Snake, Sonic, Pichu) Rivals gives you the villains (Ganon, Mewtwo, Dedede) and Boss spirits (Dracula)
>What follows after those is a RPG map of the same franchise. What I mean is if you say get “Pikachu” spirit fight then next “rpg map” you get is a pokemon one like a downgraded version of Saffron City (as you are to most likely face Pikachu in the Saffron city stage). Each map has a puzzle to solve and items (either in Pokeballs, Zelda chests, Mario ! boxes, etc) to easily get Trophies, Music, or coins to use in Slots. After you solve the puzzle a new gate opens. The chances of what gate you get seems a bit random, but I got one playtrhough with: 2 bosses, 3 hero spirits, and 3 rival spirits.
>To unlock characters you have to collect “spirits.” When you either beat a Hero spirit or Rival spirit their spirits are then added to your team but you can only have up to 8 characters in your party (meaning you can have 7 spirits in your party if you only choose one character at the beginning) and whatever spirits you have at the end of the game mode you unlock. Though if any are “KO’d” you lose the chance to unlock the said character for that playthrough. “Rival Spirits” can only be collected by their corresponding hero (ie. King K. Rool can only be collected by Donkey Kong.)
>Rayquaza, Porky, and Petey Pirannah returns from Brawl as their franchises corresponding boss in boss spirits. Not every franchise gets a boss though (ie. Pac-man) but it does seem like most do. I don’t know much about Metal Gear Solid but I do know a Metal Gear appears.
>While the spirits are random using different combination of characters can influence what you get to fight (ex. Having both Simon and Richter on your team has a stronger chance of getting Dracula boss spirit).
>What is actually great is that under the right circumstances you can activate “Spirit Memories” where you have a cinematic cut scene that is inspired from the franchises. Some I noticed are:
>PKMN Trainer vs Rayquaza - You get a “Wild Rayquaza appears” as well as “PKMN trainer sends out Squirtles.” Beating Rayquaza as PKMN trainer gets a cinematic of Red throwing out a pokeball to capture him)
>Team of: Fox, Falco, Grenninja, R.O.B vs Wolf – You get a cutscene of Team Star Fox going against crossing paths Team Wolf
>Beating Bowser with Mario gets you a “I’m sorry but your Princess is in another castle” scene with Toad.
>Samus vs Ridley- You get a scene that is close to that of the Ridley reveal trailer.
>Spirit mode ends with a final fight against a new “Master” character called “Master Spirit.” Nice design I think.
>We didn’t get a chance to see it but we were told that if you beat Spirit Mode after unlocking all the characters we get a new secret ending.

And that’s really all I can think of. All that was left was we were presented with the first look at an upcoming character. While I won’t spoil it , I will say that it is part of the horror genre of gaming.
Recently, I have come into some information regarding Smash Ultimate from a source working on the game. DLC is said to start production shortly, with the first new fighter being planned for March of next year:
>Flash Smash - A new mode where players can prepare 3 matches to play in a row, without having to go back the character selection screen.
>Trophy Battle - Players control Prince Sabel and pick from a variety of assist trophies to summon on comand as specials. Select trophies such as the Majora Moon, Rathalos and the yet to be shown Bowser Airship are excluded.
>October Direct to feature Skull Kid and tight lipped fighter, very likely 3rd party.
>Masterpieces are returning, Gamecube games are playable, Melee prototype by NERD is alleged to be playable.
>Source claims that the Pokemon rep is not Gen 7, signs are pointing towards an Omega Ruby/Alpha Saphire pick.
Hello everyone, recently i found out some information about the upcoming Super Smash Bros. Ultimate game. I'll bullet point some of the information. Warning, there are spoilers.

1. We will get another direct, similar to the 50 fact extravaganza, except now it will be 100 facts.

2. Skull kid, shadow, elma, geno, paper mario, ninten, isaac, banjo-kazooie, and ken are all the remaining characters yet to be revealed.

3. you can now play 8 player classic mode and allstar mode

4. Smash run will be an online and offline mode now. Also, Smash tour is returning, but in a MUCH better fashion, making it less confusing and random.

5. Stage builder returns, and you will be able to use any themed asset from every stage.

6. There will be 1000+ trophies, 950+ soundtracks, 125 stages, (only 4 stages get cut)

7. There will be a new story mode called spirits, where you start out the original 8 from Smash 64, and you must bring back the spirits to everyone else. Once you bring back the spirits of the entire roster, you will go into a final stage, where you fight a new villain named "Auteur". It turns out that he has the hands of Master Hand and Crazy Hand.
Many people are waiting for a Nintendo Direct. There is titles still releasing this year that people want to know. This is where the direct comes along. This takes place September 12, or 13, or 15. My source doesn’t say witch exactly. (I don’t even no if this is real thanks to my cousin working at Nintendo because he didn’t show me proof.) Anyways, let's go straight to it. Nindies is safed for its own direct.
Rate in pending-M
> Bandana Waddle dee and Galacta Knight (Echo) are confirmed for Smash
3DS headlines are first
> Luigi Mansion gets a release date, October 12
> Mario&Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story remake gets more footage. With a release of January 2019
> The headlines end off with a game called “One Hero’s Sword”. I guess it’s a new IP. But this he showed me proof, it looks really cool, he did just show me a screenshot. I don’t know if it's like a Fire Emblem game are something. With a release of, 2019.
> Then is a gameplay trailer for Yoshi. Now titled “Yoshi Flipped” with a release of February 2019
> Fire Emblem Three Houses gameplay trailer, releasing April 2019
> Then we get are headlines for Nintendo Switch (NOT IN ORDER)
> Ninjala. It is a new game that is being worked on for Switch. It was announced at E3. March 2019
> More free to play games and Demos are announced, Warframe, Realm Royale, Mario Tennis Aces DEMO, Dark Souls Remastered, and Smash Bros Ultimate Demo, (only available if you buy online)
> Next is more HD games and WiiU ports, Wonderful 101, Mario Maker, Tokyo Mirage Sessions, and Legends Of Zelda: Skyward Sword HD. Don’t no release dates
> Next is more news on Daemon X Machina. Releases in January
> Pokemon Let’s Go info
> Super Mario Party info
> Mario RPG: Legends Of The Seven Stars is getting a remake. (This is what killed me) Releases in 2019
> Dark Souls releases October 2
> Travis Strikes Again. More news, don’t no why its delayed to 2019.
> Star Fox gets a game on switch with no title, 2019
> 3RD parties, Overwatch 2018, Tekken 7 2018, Injustice 2 2019, and Cuphead 2018
> Big announcement for Online, launches September 28
> An announcement then Xenoblade Torna is still coming, Kirby Star Allies gets more content.
> Teaser to Kirby AirRdie 2 (this also killed me until he showed me a screenshot)
> Ends off with a trailer to Geno in Super Smash Bros: Ultimate. Then him and Bandana Waddle dee and Galacta Knight is added to the art.
OR
This guy isn't me

>Dark Souls Remastered gets a release date, October 12
>Travis Strikes Again: No More Heroes gets a release date of Q1 2019
>.hack//GU Last Recode and Tales of Symphonia Chronicles releasing on Switch 2019
>Daemon X Machina new info
>Pikmin 3 Plus, new version of Pikmin 3 releasing November 2nd
>Super Mario Party gets new info
>New Super Mario Bros U is ported to Switch, releasing December 13 2018
>Ends with a trailer revealing Isaac for Smash Bros Ultimate, with Matthew as an echo.

Both claim to be OP
Hello Everybody! I have came past some information about smash ultimate. I hope you enjoy what you see here because it's part of the roster.

Well I don't know if there is more to come or if this is the full roster.
>Echo Fighters
-Isabelle(Villager)
-Paper Mario(Mario)
-Prince Fluff(Kirby)

>Regular Fighters
-Tapu Koko
-Geno
-Isaac
-Skull Kid
-Banjo-Kazooie

I have no other information today. Good day.
Hello Everybody! I have came past some information about smash ultimate. I hope you enjoy what you see here because it's part of the roster.

Well I don't know if there is more to come or if this is the full roster.
>Echo Fighters
-Isabelle(Villager)
-Paper Mario(Mario)
-Prince Fluff(Kirby)

>Regular Fighters
-Tapu Koko
-Geno
-Isaac
-Skull Kid
-Banjo-Kazooie

I have no other information today. Good day.
I know you have seen a lot of smash leaks by now, even some fake ones including Gardevoir from lucky people who got Richter by a miracle, but hear me out.

September 28th (the 20th anniversary of Red and Blue) we will have a smash bros focused direct.

-Starts off with new character trailer, Little mac is about to get beaten up until a wrestler-like creature shows up, and it's revealed to be Incineroar.

-Sakurai talks about Incineroar and showcases off his moves based on his gen 7 appearance.

-Two new echo fighters are revealed. Metal Sonic and Isabelle

-Sakurai goes more in detail about the ''Games&More'' section showcasing Stadium first. There is home-run contest, Target smash being back (sadly no specific character stages), Multi-Man Smash, Trophy Rush coming back and a brand new mode called ''Race to the finish'' where you go in character-specific stages to race against CPU. You can change their difficulties from Easy to Very Hard

-Event Matches are back, and more like Brawl's event Matches now. Masterpieces are also back, but sadly still with limited playtime.
All Star mode is revealed to be back, but only after you unlock every single fighter.

-They go more in detail about the online, talking a bit about the online service nintendo made and some more. There are still For Fun and For glory, you can also host online tourneys and play Smashdown, Special Smash and Squad strike online too.

-Spirits is revealed to be a metroidvania-like mode where you can unlock all the fighters through collecting their spirits. It also includes several bosses like Raftalos, Dr. Eggman, Dracula, Petey Piranha, Porky, Wart, Necrozma, Sephiroth, Master hand and more.

-They showcase off some new assist trophies, with inclusions of returning ones like Devil, Magnus, Lakitu and Dillon, and the introduction of new ones like Boo, Duster, Ravio, Frogger, Sheldon, Rabbids and...sadly Dixie Kong

-Sakurai fakes the **** out of us saying it's done but them it's a Geno reveal.
I'm working on some video stuff for the Nintendo Direct show for November 18th 2018, and I've decided to break NDA to tell you guys what games and features Nintendo has in store. Whether it's real is up for you to decide. As for me, it's the truth.

Smash: This is the big one. There are 7 fighters revealed in this order: Skull Kid, Wonder Red, Hades, Ken, Shadow, Funky Kong, Monster Hunter, Conker.
Funky Kong, Ken, Shadow and Hades are echo fighters for Donkey Kong, Ryu, Sonic, and Ganondorf.
Sakurai will appear and then reveal the secret mode, which is Subspace
He will also address concerns about Ashley not being in the game as a fighter, and reveal that Ashley was a background prop of the particular stage she was shown in the last Direct. However, Sakurai will promise that he has something special planned for Ashley fans near the end of the Direct.

Metroid Prime 4: CGI trailer that hints at an online component as it features Samus look-alikes that are comprised of 760,000,000 different genders and different skin colors. The theme of the trailer is "Strength in Diversity". I hear that they're already focus testing the trailer on some college kids.

Bayonetta 3: CGI trailer of voiceover exposition which gradually reveals Bayonetta and Jeanne. They seem to be old with white hair and wrinkly skin.

Super Mario Party: A trailer showing some activities that seem to be copied and pasted from Wii Sports.

Fire Emblem Three Houses: Shows gameplay that people have seen before in the E3 trailer.

Undertale: Release date is revealed, which is coming out on September 11th 2018.

The Wonderful 202: Announcement trailer for the Wonderful 202. I hear that all they have for the game so far is the title.

Super Mario Rabbids: Segments of gameplay, intercut with Ubisoft employees saying how special the game will be.

Super Mario Odyssey DLC: Features Super Mario 64 worlds. Release date is December 21st 2018.

Super Mario: Dance Club: A new Mario spin-off where you set up your own dance club and host parties with Mario characters and Miis.

New Nintendo Switch cases: Reggie will show up to unveil 8 different Nintendo Switch cases like the cardboard skin. The specifics of the Switch cases are unknown to me at this moment.

Star Fox: Fleet Commander; An RTS mobile game where you can command and customize your fleet. New characters will be thrown into the mix as well as old Star Fox characters. You can even create new fleet members, which will be delved into near the end of the show.

F-Zero: Evolution: An online F-Zero card game in the same vein as Hearthstone.

The Legend of Zelda: Beyond: Online Zelda Game announcement with some gameplay.

Nintendo Online: Nintendo will go over unspecified details of Nintendo Online, but they will reveal that you'll have to pay $59.99 a year for online membership. Features such as an Ashley sticker for Smash Ultimate, and creating new Star Fox characters are locked behind a paywall, it will be revealed.

Fortnite Nintendo Items: Nintendo will reveal a new Fortnite event like the Thanos event, where you can play as different Nintendo characters, given that you find a certain item to turn you into one. Nintendo Fortnite items can be given to you if you pay for Nintendo Online.
There will be a mini Smash Ultimate direct in September. It won't have as much news as the last direct, it's only 10 minutes long. Smash Ultimate announcements are planned way ahead, they actually have pretty much every bit of Direct footage done for announcements up until release. Sakurai is very particular about trailer footage, so there's a long lead up.

The Direct starts by showing off the new unlockable alt color system. Each character has 4. Shows off Meta Ridley, Mario, Pikachu, Mega Man, Inklings and Diddy's 8 alts + 4 unlockables. Alts are unlocked via All Star Mode victories.

Mii costumes are also shown. They return from Smash 4, but they've been scaled way back. There is no more headgear, and no costumes are related to any other Nintendo characters, it's just a handful of unique fighting clothes. You can change your Mii's color at the CSS like a normal fighter, it defaults to the Mii's color.

Diddy's pink alt is clearly missing, which Sakurai points out that we may have noticed, and we move onto the next reveal. Dixie is an echo of Diddy. She has a "unique" Up Special, but it's not. But at the time she's revealed, we don't know that.

Next up is the options menu, where we see the CSS options. They are
Sort by
- Smash order
- Series order
- Alphebetical

Echo Fighters
- Separate
- Stack

Mii Fighters
- Separate
- Stack

Then Audio options are shown. SFX, Voice and BG Music volume options, but also the option to use "Classic Marth and Roy Voices", which are the Japanese voices. They are the only two characters this option applies to, this game doesn't have real dual audio.

The final reveal is a trailer showing Skull Kid and Bandana Dee. We also find out in this trailer than Dixie's up special is taken from Bandana Dee. SK's final smash is dropping the moon on Clock Town, Bandana Dee's is a stampede of Waddle Dees and Doos, in a cutscene. It's not like Dedede's old FS.
>Will start off with the trailer for Shadow and Tails.
>Goes into the moveset of Tails and the differences from Shadow and Sonic
>With these characters Sakurai reveals team victory animations and shows off some examples.
>Sakurai unveils one more echo fighter, Dixie Kong
>Sakurai goes into some game modes
>Return of Break the Targets, Board the Platforms, Master Orders, and Homerun Contest
>These modes will have special daily challenges that you can earn extra rewards. You can check the daily challenges on the menu to the right.
>Return of Stage Builder, this time you can use any stage's background for your stage, and make your own Break the Targets and Board the Platforms stages and share them online.
>Return of Multi-Man Smash this time they are combining the polygon, wireframe, alloys, and Miis for one comprehensive mode.
>Introduces Assist Trophy Smash as a new Multi-Man Smash mode, where you can fight various assist trophies
>Introduces Spirits, a dungeon crawler esque game with up to four players. You pick a team of characters to go exploring in various areas and try to get a reward at the end. This is where you will find many of the bosses.
>Has one final character trailer for Geno
I can’t say anything about my source. Sorry for that but trust me : you can believe this.

I just know that there will be a new Kirby rep for smash. However, it seems that it isn’t Waddle Dee in spite of the ballot’s results. Sakurai «prefers to include a unique character in smash, with a moveset not seen yet». Moreover, he «wanted to add villains»

That’s why Magolor is going to join smash, he was the second Kirby rep the most wanted for the game during the ballot.

I just know that «he is a mage with a really high agility» and «he can open dimensional portals, wich allow him to make interesting combos».

PLS, let this thread drops. I’ll create another one if I have any over news. I’le prefer you to react to this on another thread or somewhere else.

Thx everyone.
According to my source, there will be no more characters that will be added to the primary artwork for Super Smash Brothers Ultimate. The reason for this is because every fighter represented there will all be fairly easy to unlock by either playing casually the other modes, or by playing Spirits.

With that said, there will be 12 fighters in the game that will be incredibly difficult to unlock, as their unlock conditions are all going to be tied down to Spirits mode--either in part or in whole. With the final fighter in the game requiring 100% completion of Spirits.

He gave me a full list of these remaining fighters. 6 of whom are unique, and another 6 being echoes. However, many of these fighters seem really hard to believe. I honestly do not believe we'll be getting any characters from newly represented IP's like Tekken or Golden Sun, and at least one or two of these Echo Fighters seem really far fetched. And this is in spite my best bets to vet my source.

Still, as I am not totally bought into what he is saying, I'm going to give you what are presumably going to be our next couple of reveals:

68. Isaac
69. Skull Kid

And if you really want to know why I do not trust my source completely, it's because he also stated that Bandana Dee would be an Echo of Kirby. Among other things.

But if my source proves correct, I will return with the full roster in due time. If not, well, then I guess my source proved unreliable.
>September 14th
>3DS and Switch Games
>Smash Bros Ultimate Switch Bundle Cominh
>Super Mario Collection coming to 3DS. Features 5 classic mario games. Super mario bros,1,2,3 world and super mario land. Pretty much just roms dumped on a game card. Coming in December.
>A new Zelda game for mobile. Looks like a four swords type deal. Coming in december aswell.
>Kirby star allies DLC. New story focusing on metaknight and dedede. New stages.
>Pikmin 1&2 coming to switch as a bundle. Looks like no real changes aside from slight graphical upgrade.
>samus coming to Mario Kart 8 Deluxe. Drives kart based on her gunship. Gets own stage. 4 new courses shown and well as 2 new characters.
Recently we got a direct about Smash Bros Ultimate on the 8th of August. I have some more information that I have discovered, No, I will not spoil any characters, only drop hints for you to speculate.

In October we will get a 100 fact extravaganza, with the announcer hosting it yet again, just like the 50 fact extravaganza for Smash Wii U.

The presentation will start out with a character trailer. All I will say about the character trailer is that it involves a one time villain.

After the trailer, the countdown will begin. The presentation will reveal 3 new echo fighters. The first echo fighter is an anti-hero. The second is a from a fighting franchise. The third is from a recently released DLC. There will be no more echo fighters after these 3.

I'll let u know about some of the big talking points.

The online system will work similarly to Smash 4, with every online mode from Smash 4 returning. Smashdown, and squad battle will be playable in for fun, and for glory. "Smash Run" will be playable online (and offline) as well.

Now onto some of the offline stuff that will be announced.

Stage builder will return, and you will be able to use any themed asset from every stage.

You can now play classic mode, all-star mode, and smash run with up to 8 people.

Smash tour will be returning, but getting rid of the "randomness" of Smash wii u. Also playable with up to 8 people.

There will be a grand total of over 1000 trophies to collect, 950+ soundtracks and 125 stages, every past stage will return, even including all "clone stages" like Flat Zone 1 and 2,Planet Zebes, etc. The presentation points out how they at first were not gonna add all past stages, but then later on realized that they need to fulfill the title of "Super Smash Bros. Ultimate"

The presentation will end with a teaser for a subspace like story mode, and at the end, it will scrub off the blur of that mysterious green box, to reveal the title of "Spirits."

And that is all that I will reveal.
Okay guys, just remember. Take this with a grain of salt if you don't believe it. Anyways, I have a credible source from the internet that has evidence about the characters of Smash Ultimate and the story mode. And don't worry, DLC isn't even mentioned here because people keep adding that they know the DLC characters when DLC isn't even confirmed. Another thing is that people keep adding Isabelle in his leak. Now I do think Isabelle is possible, but there's always another AC character that's possible as well. Like I said, take this with a grain of salt, and let's get over it.
For the characters, I have evidence why they'll be added into Smash Ultimate.

Isaac: He has been requested since Brawl and when his assist trophy was removed from Smash 4. But we didn't see his AT this time in Ultimate.

Geno: He has been requested since brawl as well, and Sakurai wanted to put him in Brawl and Sm4sh. And since this game is coming out, he will be the next one revealed later.

A Classic NES fighter: I don't know who this one is, however I do speculate this is either Excitebiker or Balloon Fighter.

Alm: He was supposed to be an echo of Ike, but he not only uses a sword, he uses a axe and bow. He had a lot of creativity. Celica was considered but turned down because she would be another magic user like Robin.

Bandana Waddle Dee: He was considered for Smash 4 but Sakurai couldn't think of a moveset. But now since Bandana Waddle Dee has more moves in Star Allies, a moveset could be made.

Rayman: He was asked since Smash 4 but was a trophy instead. But now he will be a fighter due to the new Ubisoft X Nintendo game Mario+Rabbids.

Banjo-Kazooie: Due to Microsoft's deal of Nintendo, Banjo-Kazooie will be a playable character.

Echo Fighters-
Black Shadow
Ninten
Ken
Mega Man X

Story Mode: The blurred out mode is called Spirits and it's a story mode. The plot is that the villains of the Smash World teamed up to try and defeat the heroes and collect their souls
I have a friend that claims he manages the Nintendo consoles/units after certain events like Electronics Entertainment Expo, or Evo, and he may or may not have got some insider information.

He had access to a computer to confirm that the consoles were ready to ship to Nintendo Headquarters in Redmond Washington, but before doing so, he had enough time to home-brew said switch and back up smash bros using an android phone he had readily in his pocket, and a micro sd card with home-brew applications on it. When he data mined the files he had obtained, he ended out finding a few interesting things.

He said there were file codenames for each character making it difficult to understand, but here is what he got out of it.

Isabelle is confirmed as an echo fighter for villager, a new grass type pokemon will be playable on Ultimate (He thinks either Gardevoir or Decidueye), and Geno will be a new character to join the roster. He also got info on a character relating to fire and ice but couldn't find out anymore information on that character.
According to a well trusted source. Nintendo will be hosting a Nindies Showcase on August 29th, 2018. This direct will be approximately 20 mins long, and will feature these games.

Morphie's Law - Releasing in December

Super Meat Boy Forever - Releasing in November

RWBY Grimm Eclipse - Releasing for Switch in October

Bendy and The Ink Machine - Reminder of October 12 release date

Undertale - Confirmation of September 12 in US

Terraria - Releasing for Switch this Nov.

Nidhogg - Coming Soon along with Confirmation of Nidhogg 2 coming to Switch

3 new unnannounced Indie Games, 1 of which is exclusive to Switch

Shovel Knight King of Cards DLC - Release Date of November 23 along with a reminder that Shovel Knight is in Smash and the new Shovel Knight amiibo

An EA Originals Title (Likely to be Unravel, although they might not announce it in this Showcase)

Finally, as a Special Surprise, Cuphead will be coming to Nintendo Switch along with the new DLC in 2019
I've played the most recent build, things are mostly wrapping up with bug fixes.

Spirit Mode is basically a Metroidvania style Adventure mode that plays like the Temple stage from Melee's Adventure. 95% of all content in it is from pre-existing IPs. There's no story mode and the mode is randomized each play.

The blurred out section on this screen is the Smash Store, DLC was a requirement from Nintendo and the game will receive regular updates.

You can find spirits of characters which if returned to their trophies unlocks them, you can also buy spirits with coins earned, or you can just play multiplayer matches. This is what Sakurai meant by "Streamlined Unlocks"

Roster to be revealed
Kirby
-Bandana Waddle Dee
-Dark Meta Knight (Echo)
("This game's winner is!" was changed to "X Wins" because of the long Kirby Character names)

Pokemon
-Incineroar
-Gardevoir
-Gothielle (Echo)

Misc
Shadow (Echo)
Black Shadow (Echo)
Elma
Skull Kid
Dixie Kong (Echo)
Geno
Ken (Echo)

Isaac w/ Felix (Echo) was considered, but Camelot refused saying they have no interest in seeing Golden Sun revived... but would consider DLC if there was enough demand.

--

DLC is planned, anything cut for time constraints will be free

Expect the first major update to drop January 19th 2019
The next big reveal is Skull Kid and Geno.

The trailer features Young Link walking through a forest, it shows the first few steps like the other trailers, then you see Link look up at Dracula's castle. A Star Man attacks Link. But then Geno jumps out, kills the Star Man with the Geno Beam, and a remix of forest maze theme plays. His final smash is the geno flash, where he turns into a cannon and shoots a ball of energy across the stage. The second half of the trailer geno and link are standing after the fight, you hear Skull Kids laugh as he jumps from the trees and attacks both of them as a metal version of Majora's theme starts to play. The faires are able to attack both sides and the ocarina and mask are his specials. His final smash is he turns into Majoras Wrath and attacks anyone in range The trailer ends with Skull Kid pulling the moon from the sky with Geno and Link defeated
Hello everybody! I'm apart of the european localization team for smash ultimate. I specifically work on localizing the characters for the game. I don't know if this is the final set of characters for the game or if there is more to come. I'm not going to discuss anything past characters i've worked on localizing.

Echo/Clones: I've worked on 5.
-Isabelle(Villager)
-Paper Mario(Mario)
-Prince Fluff(Kirby)
-Hakamo-o(Lucario)
-Dry Bowser(Bowser)

Characters: I've worked on 5.
-Tapu Koko
-Geno
-Skull Kid
-Shantae
-Banjo-Kazooie

That's all of the info I have for now. As the game is ending development, so will the localization. I believe that there are very few characters left for me to work on. Thank you for your time.
Hey guys, I have a credible leak from an anonymous source that I got about the fighters from Super Smash Bros Ultimate. Keep in mind take this with a grain of salt, whether you want to believe it or not, I could care less. Anyways let's get to the fighters and echo fighters.

Newcomers:

KOS-MOS(Xenosaga): The reason why KOS-MOS will be a fighter is that she not only appeared in Xenoblade Chronicles, but the Xenosaga and Xenoblade series are connected in some way.

Gardevoir: The reason Gardevoir will be a unique fighter is that we don't see her Pokeball assist. The team decided that it's easier to make Gardevoir a fighter instead of getting us a new Pokémon instead.

Isaac(Golden Sun): The reason why Isaac will be in Smash is the fact he's been requested for such a long time.

Geno(Super Mario RPG): Same reason as Isaac, but in a different way. Sakurai said in the Brawl and Sm4sh interviwews that he wanted Geno. Now if you remember Smash 4 Geno had a mii costume. But since Ultimate is here, he is definitely taking his turn.

Now for Echoes:

Shadow the Hedgehog(He will be an echo fighter of Sonic).

Isabelle(She will be Villager's echo)

Ninten(He will be an echo fighter of Ness but his Neutral Special will be PK Beam and his Final Smash is PK Rockin).

Ken(He will be an Echo Fighter of Ryu except his Final Smash is Shinryuken).
This is a direct on September 12th. Here is everything that will be announced. With headlines
> Yo-kai Watch Sushi and Yo-kai Watch Tempura is coming to the west in Holiday 2018
> More details on Luigi’s Mansion will be given, showing off the new boss rush mode. The game is releasing October 30th
> More footage of the Mario and Luigi: Bowser’s Inside story remake will be shown, releasing in spring 2019
> Pokken Tournament DX 3D, spring 2019
> Legend Of Zelda: Link’s Awakening 3D: Spring 2019
> Now for Switch titles
> Gameplay trailer to Bayonetta 3 releasing in February. New design has Bangs, and hair down to shoulders.
> Cappy and Pauline are shown off in Super Mario Party along with more minigames.
> Mario Maker port, releasing in 2019
> Daemon X Machina, January 25 2019
> Travis Strikes again is given another look, no word on a release date
> Nindies Quick Look
> Ninjala, releasing in April
> TWEWY is talked about
> Team Sonic Racing is shown, coming Holiday 2018
> Mega Man 11 is given a quick look
> Spyro is finally announced for Switch, but is set for launch in November
> Dark Souls is releasing on October 30th (so much for summer)
> Nintendo talks a little bit about their online service, and is going to release on September 21st
> Pokemon Let’s go Pikachu and Eevee is talked about for a little bit
> Starlink is given another trailer
> Arena Of Valor, with a release of November 2 along with Pixark
> Realm Royale releasing after direct
> Fire Emblem: Three Houses is finally talked about, Spring 2019
> More Splatoon 2 content releasing October
> Yoshi is *finally* given another trailer with the title “Yoshi Flipped!” releasing Spring 2019
> The direct ends with a Smash trailer announcing Geno as a character with Grate Guy’s Casino as a stage! The direct will close with Geno being added to the Smash bros art along with the other characters.
I'm an employee at NOA, and I've been listening and searching for new info, here's what I've found.
> Geno will be playable, revealed in a November direct.
> Goku will appear as a trophy.
> Steve of Minecraft will also be a trophy.
> Shantae will be an assist trophy.
> Amiibos for K. Rool, Chrom, Simon, Richter, Dark Samus, Daisy, and Geno will be shown off in a November Direct.
> Ninten will be shown off as an Echo Fighter of Ness.
> Robin's new Final Smash will be shown off.
> Shadow will be revealed as an Echo Fighter of Sonic.
This is all the info I have right now.
Skull Kid, Isaac, and Viridi are added as unique newcomers - They've added Tetra as Toon Link's echo, and Dark Matter as King Dedede's echo, based on his possessed appearances in the series - Isabelle is added as additional palettes for Villager - Geno is now an Assist Trophy - Young Link has Fierce Deity as his Final Smash - The unrevealed mode attempts to bring MMO aspects into Smash.
>Spirits is a new multiplayer mode in which a player can return as a spirit after they're knocked out. They can interfere with the match by using items to mess with the other players who are still in the fight. They will not be able to be attacked themselves.
>Professor E Gadd will be an assist trophy in the game.
>New Kirby Course. Castle DeDeDe. players will be able to launch other opponents through Castle DeDeDe like Kirby did in the end of the original Dreamland.
>speaking of Kirby. There is a new Kirby item. I'll leave that as a surprise.
>Sector Z will be making a return
>slippy is now an assist trophy.
>Mushroom Kingdom from the original super smash bros will be making a return as well.
There will be one more Smash direct, but there will be one more character reveal in a Nintendo Direct in the future with Undertale's global release date, as the Japanese release date was recently revealed through a listing on the Japanese E-shop. Sans will be featured as a character for Ultimate.

As for the Smash Direct, we will be getting the remaining characters. They are Isabelle (Echo), Funky (Echo), Skull Kid, Isaac, Bandana Waddle Dee, Geno, Doomguy, Banjo-Kazooie, and oddly enough, Son Goku.
I have information regarding new characters in Super Smash Bros. Ultimate for the Nintendo Switch. There are four newcomers and five echo fighters that I know of, but I'm sure there are characters that my source doesn't know about because it seems like there is a Pokemon they can't find out the identity of in the game, though they can't say for sure.

Newcomers:

>Skull Kid
>Geno
>Isaac
>Tails
>New Pokemon?

Echoes:

>Dixie Kong for Diddy
>Shadow for Sonic
>Isabelle for Villager
>Leon for Wolf
>Felix for Isaac
You won't believe me but I have some of the same sources and connections as Vergeben and knew ahead of time about several details of the E3 and August directs. Here's what I'm certain of, starting with gameplay and modes:

>I don't know too many specifics about Spirits, but it's smaller than the Subspace Emissary but larger than Adventure Mode from Melee
>The old Target Test will return, as will Boss Battles (which includes Master/Crazy Hand, Yellow Devil, Dracula, Rathalos, Metal Face, and a few others I'm not sure of)
>Smash Tour is still there but now in "Games and More"
>Online mode will still be split into For Fun and For Glory. The latter will have ranks akin to Splatoon's. Online Tourneys are also back.

As for new characters, I know nearly all the roster at this point:
>Shadow (Sonic echo)
>Isabelle (not sure if echo, semiclone, or unique)
>Geno
>Dillon
>Bandana Dee
>Skull Kid
>Zeraora (Sakurai picked him before he was revealed to the public, much like with Greninja)
>Ken (Ryu echo)

There will also be a third unique Capcom representative and a third unique Sega representative, but I'm not sure who they are. I also don't know exactly how and when characters will be revealed, but expect them all before December 7th.
I was an employee at WayForward from August 2001 until June 2018. I primarly worked on the promotional material. Multiple staffers started leaving the company last fall. Id say a total of 12 left between october and may. I left justbin time. More were planning to leave after me. There were no games in the pipeline.All we've been working on was shantae dlc. Speaking of which. There was a cancelled dlc mini game called.shantae dance party. Supposed to come out last summer. And now it never will. Those hoping shell make it into smash will be dissappointed to hear she is not in it in anyvshape or form. We wouldve liked her to be. But what can you do. Anyways. The way things are going
Id be surprised if they made it to 2020.
I've been friends online with some people from Bandai Namco for years, and they've told me quite a bit of info on Smash Ultimate.
You are going to be hearing this from a second hand source though, and I don't know if they inserted any false info in here to avoid getting caught
>newcomers
Geno from Super Mario RPG
Isaac from Golden Sun
Incineroar from Pokemon Sun & Moon
Nightmare from Soul Calibur
Skull Kid from The Legend of Zelda
Banjo & Kazooie from Banjo Kazooie
Master Chief from Halo (seriously)
Nothing has been discussed about when these characters are getting revealed, except for that Banjo and Master Chief are getting revealed close to launch.
>echoes
Impa from The Legend of Zelda
Shadow from Sonic the Hedgehog
Ken from Street Fighter
Ninten from Mother 1/ Earthbound Beginnings
The blurred out mode is an adventure mode. It is more like Melee's adventure mode than Subspace Emissary, but each character has two unique cutscenes (one intro and one ending) and different levels. Some characters share levels, though there are often some minor differences in the shared level, depending on what character you play as.
Target Smash returns in its Brawl form, but there are more levels this time around.
Hey guys, a nintendo direct will happen in September 12. It is nothing big. Here we go
> 3DS Headlines. Legends Of Zelda: Link’s Awakening 3D is announced. Spring 2019
> The big disappointment, Animal Crossing: Amiibo Festival 2 is coming to 3DS in November
> Luigi’s Mansion, more news, showcases the new Boss Rush mode. October 30
> The final Project X Zone 3 is announced, 2019. Also on Switch
> Last is Mario&Luigi: Bowser’s Inside Story Remake, January 2019
> Next right away is Geno announced in Smash
> Next Reggie is in a house talking more about Pokemon Let’s Go, and Super Mario Party. He then says, please take a look at what's in store for Nintendo Switch headlines.
> Mario Maker Switch, 2019
> Dr. Mario and Dr. luigi are coming to Switch this holiday season.
> 3RD Party games with clips, Overwatch launching Holiday 2018, DOOM ETERNAL 2019, Diablo 3 2019, 3 games launching today, Warframe, Fortnite save the world, and Realm Royale, Injustice 2 2019, StarLink, Just Dance, Arena Of Valor and ARK launching October 30, switch exclusive, Castlevania 4 retro design, Dark Souls, Megaman 11, Tekken 7, Team Sonic Racing and ends off with Shadow being announced as a echo fighter
> Next is Nidies launching in September and October, (Shovel Knight King Of Cards, Killer Queen Black launching today, and Undertale launching in 2 days
> DLC for Mario Tennis Aces, and both Warriors games. (FEW, HWDE)
> More colors for Nintendo Switch Joy-cons, and more Pro Controllers and bundles
> Legends Of Zelda: Majora’s Mask HD December 4, and Legends Of Zelda: Skyward Sword HD, 2019
> More news of DAEMON X MACHINA, and Fire Emblem Three Houses, same release dates
> Break from Headlines, Online announcement. After that a trailer Pikmin 4: World, 2019
> Back to headlines, N64 was announced a week before direct, (it will) releasing December 7 (Smash 64 is on it, that’s why there launching it the day of Smash)
> New Super Mario&Luigi. 2019
> Wonderful 102, 2019
> Travis Strikes Again, launching November 2
> Yoshi game gets a trailer, Yoshi: Behind the Flipside, launching February 2019
> Back to headlines again, well last headline, Tokyo Mirage Session is being ported to Switch.
Ends off with Skull Kid in smash trailer. Then all 3 characters are added to the art.
And that’s your direct. Again, don’t expect anything that is going to have you jump out of your chair, its a direct, not E3.
She's (Azura) in.
Hey guys, I just got a credible leak about Super Smash Bros Ultimate. Keep in mind this is one 100% accurate and take this with a grain of salt. This leak talks about Echo Fighters and Newcomers and reasons why their in the game. Again, take this with a grain of salt, and let's get right into it. Let's start with Echo Fighters first.
Echo Fighters-
Ninten(Echo fighter of Ness)
Black Shadow(Echo of Captain Falcon)
Shadow(Echo of Shadow)
Isabelle(Echo of Villager)
Dixie Kong(Echo of Diddy Kong)

Now let's start with the unique Newcomers.

Isaac: Due to his request from fans, he will be joining the base roster os Smash Bros Ultimate. He's also getting a stage based on Golden Sun 2. His Son, Matthew, will be his ech fighter.

Banjo-Kazooie: Since Nintendo and Microsoft have been friendly lately, and Phil Spencer is now letting Nintendo use these characters, Banjo-Kazooie will be joining the base roster.

Jin Kazama: Since Tekken 7's popularity has risen in the fighting game community, Jin will be joining in the Smash Bros base roster. Heihachi was considered but turned down.

Nagandiel: Due to it's popularity Nagandiel will be joining the Smash Bros Base Roster. Decidueye, Primarina, and Incineroar were considered bu turned down because of the 3 Original Starters from the first Pokemong game are in Smash.

Rayman: Ubisoft and Nintendo made an agreement to Rayman in the base roster of Smash Bros because of popularity and their recent crossover Mario+Rabbids: Kingdom Battle.

Prince Sable: We all know Sakurai likes putting obscure characters in Smash Bros, i.e. R.O.B., Duck Hunt, Wii Fit Trainer, Ice Climbers, etc. And we all know Prince Sable because of his AT from Smash 4. But we haven't seen it in Ultimate. That's because he will be joining the base roster of Smash Ultimate. Fun fact: His game was on the Game Boy and it only released in Japan.

Bandana Waddle Dee: Due to his popularity and being one of Sakurai's creations, he will be joining the base roster of Smash.
Hi /v/. I have a Smash Leak for you guys, even though the Smashbabies here won't give a ****.

That "Spirits" mode is 100% legit. It's the main mode for unlocking new challengers. Veterans can be easily collected and defeated in matchups, adding them to your arsenal. Echo Fighters and Newcomers are different. To unlock an Echo, you need to beat the entire mode with the fighter they're echoing. To unlock Newcomers, you have to access a boss battle that will end with them being unlocked.

DJ Octavio (Inklings), Ridley (Ridley), King K. Rool (King K. Rool), and Dracula (Simon) were shown.
These also correlate to new challengers. Rathalos unlocks Monster Hunter, Tubba Blubba unlocks Paper Mario, Marx unlocks Bandana Waddle Dee, and Kid Dracula unlocks himself. These are the last newcomers I'm aware of, but development sources are split up so there may be more.

Echo Fighters include Paper Luigi, Isabelle, Shadow the Hedgehog, and Claus.

There's a couple new stages including a Rhythm Heaven transformation stage and a Paper Mario stage based on Glitzville. Finally, Mallow from Mario RPG is an assist trophy.

This is everything interesting I know but feel free to ask questions.
Ok peeps, let’s get this straight. Spirits is subspace. Well it's called Spirits but it’s subspace. Every Smash 4 trailer and Ultimate trailer is in the game. You might say, but Smash 4 doesn’t have deaths. The Smash 4 trailer is before all the spirits happen. So it goes in dorder doing the trailers when it released, and yes there is cutscenes that aren’t trailers. After bayonetta is announced, it moves right onto the real Ultimate. But the Inklings trailer isn’t in Subspace, it is actually the Intro. But with the other cutscenes that aren't trailers, there are spirits. So it starts in the beginning to end. There is like 2 themes, Heroes Vs Villains, and Spirits. Now for the rest of the fighters
Geno (Mario rpg)
Isaac (Golden Sun: Dark Dawn)
Skull Kid (Legends Of Zelda: Majora’s Mask)
Incineroar (Pokemon GEN 7)
King K Rool (Donkey Kong Country)
Simon Belmont (Castlevania)
Ridley (Metroid)
Inklings (Splatoon)
Echo fighters
Shadow (echo to Sonic, from Sonic Adventure 2
Isabelle (echo to Villager, from Animal Crossing)
Prince Fluff 3D design (echo to Kirby, from Kirby)
Ninten (echo to Ness, from earthbound)
Dark Samus (echo to Samus, from Metroid)
Chrom (echo to Roy, from Fire Emblem Awakening)
Richter (echo to Simon, from Castlevania)
Daisy (echo to peach, from Mario)
I have recieved insider info pertaining to the upcoming Nintendo Direct, currently slated for Late September. This is all subject to change, this is just what I heard.

Luigi’s Mansion (3DS)
Developed by GREZZO. Published by Nintendo.

Yo-Kai Watch 3 Steamed Sushi And Fried Tempura (3DS)
Developed by Level-5. Published by Nintendo

Cooking Mama: Slice And Dice (3DS)
Developed by Cooking Mama Ltd. Published by Taito in Japan and 505 Games overseas

Tomodachi Island (Switch)
Developed by Nintendo EPD. Published by Nintendo

Runner3 (Switch)
Developed and Published by Choice Provisions

Yoshi (Switch)
Developed by Good-Feel. Published by Nintendo

Harness (Switch)
Developed by Retro Studios. Published by Nintendo.

The Wonderful 101 (Switch)
Developed by PlatinumGames. Published by Nintendo

Prey (Switch)
Developed by Arkane Studios and Panic Button. Published by Bethesda Softworks

3rd Party Sizzle Reel
Featuring FRAMED Collection, Banner Saga Trilogy, Wargroove, Red Dead Redemption, Terraria, Kingdom: Two Crowns, Assassin’s Creed Odyssey And Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney Trilogy

Splatoon 2 (Switch)

Super Smash Bros. Ultimate (Switch)
Developed by Bandai Namco Studios And Sora Ltd. Published by Nintendo.

Animal Crossing: Coming Home (Switch)
So basically I work for a company (not gaming related.. yes really) and I was fortunate enough to come across a final list of the complete roster of Super Smash Bros. Ultimate. Given this, I thought I would share this as I would imagine there would be a number of you out there who would apricate this being released in the public domain. However, the reason I was even able to come across this information in the first place was because the release date of the game has been pushed back unfortunately. Chinese whispers currently say that it has only been pushed back one month and will still be ready for the holiday season which is a silver lining I guess.

Also things to note:

- 90 Characters total (including echo characters (14) and for the time being (I am still hearing that this list may even get larger which I personally find hard to believe)
- Again Chinese whispers, but, I am also hearing the reasoning behind the game being delayed is because they are trying to get in one more additional character in, but, I have yet to come across anything to reasonably support this other than gossip.
- Rumor is that this character has to make it in before the release as it would not be feasible as a DLC. But, I have not heard anything on DLC nor would imagine will in the future.

Anyhow, please find below :)

JULY
#64 INKLING
#13 DAISY (ECHO)
#21 LUCINA (ECHO)
#28 DARK PIT (ECHO)
#65 RIIDLEY
AUGUST
#66 SIMON
#66 RICHTER (ECHO)
#4 DARK SAMUS (ECHO)
#25 CHROM (ECHO)
#67 KING K. ROOL
SEPTEMBER
#68 ISAAC
#68 FELIX (ECHO)
#45 ISABELLE (ECHO)
#38 SHADOW (ECHO)
#69 SKULL KID
OCTOBER
#70 GARDEVOIR
#70 GOTHITELLE (ECHO)
#11 BLOOD FALCON (ECHO)
#6 BANDANA WADDLE DEE (ECHO)
#60 KEN (ECHO)
#71 M. BISON
NOVEMBER
#72 PAPER MARIO
#73 FRANK FLY
#10 NINTEN (ECHO)
#74 DR. WILY
#75 BANJO-KAZOOIE
#76 GENO
View attachment 158024
These ARE the upcoming Smash Ultimate reveals. Screencap this.
Wow, that's a lot of supposed leaks. That being said, how are ya'll doing?
I read your commentary in leak #7. More people should appreciate the work you do.

CyberHyperPhoenix

"Download Complete."
do not look at her
only look at axe
waifus are temporary, axes are eternal

I think it's less the "unique" factor and more "finally something new and different" for me.
Hand Axes would also be pretty OP for a heavyweight character if it's K. Rool's crown but better and faster
L Y N

O R

E D E L G A R D

Moving away from Fire Emblem, seeing Black Shadow pop up a lot more in fake leaks is starting to scare me a bit. I don't want my hopes to be given up.

also i think it'd be funny that we'd have a shadow and black shadow in the same game (assuming they're both in)

My dog I know you didn't just claim Corrin > Robin in uniqueness.
Does Robin change into a dragon for part of his/her moveset? No? Well, she's not as unique as Corrin

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
So, my most wanted is a Shin Megami Tensei protagonist. Looking at past data, it seems the first one, Kazuya, is the most likely (which isn't saying much since there's a snowball's chance in hell SMT is being represented)
is your most wanted newcomer still not revealed or already known to not be playable in Smash Ultimate?
Yes.
how do you think you'll feel about that newcomer's chances for a future Smash title?
If there is a future Smash title post 2020, when Shin Megami Tensei V has surely (hopfully) released, I think he has a solid, albeit shaky, chance of being included. Before then? Probably not.
Do you think this is their best shot?
I think their best shot was during the Brawl Era after SMT3 or during the 4 Era with SMT4. SMT5 hasn't come to pass yet, so it's unlikely he'll get in
Do you think they'll be better off next time?
Yeah, probably
Or do you think it's a now or never scenario?
Honestly, I think it's a never or never scenario considering how so few people have heard of, much less played, SMT.
Would you prefer they get in Ultimate instead of a later game because this most likely the only time every single past veteran will be able to fight alongside them?
I'd prefer they get in ASAP in some playable form. I've seen the most obscure, weird, and out of the way characters grow a huge following purely because they were in Smash, once, and if that can happen for one of my favorite game franchises of all time, I'd be all for it.

KMDP

Smash Legend
That's why I'm a big advocate for Hector. I don't want him and his axe-loving self because "muh axe!" or "muh weapon triangle!", it's because of a few things:

1. FE7 is a big historical point for the series since it's the first of the game series to reach the West.
2. Lyn is already out, and Eliwood is just... why?
3. Axes are cool something that has never been fully utilized in a moveset (unlike :ultvillager::ultsimon::ultrichter:)

KMDP KMDP beat me as I was typing this so I'll give an example:

These are easy to implement if you use all axe users as a basis rather than what a single unit in the game has done, because it's just easy and who ****ing cares, unless you're Ryu you're not gonna be 100% to your character.
Just one example to take from another game in the Fire Emblem series.
The Berserker Class' Critical Animation in Fates (which you'll see a lot if you use Charlotte) has them spinning through the air. It would make an amazing (and hilarious) aerial attack.

Also, the "Hectorcopter", easy Up+B.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
L Y N

O R

E D E L G A R D
You're gonna get uh
Untitled.png

leafy
If Edelgard is remotely different, I'd take it even if it was an ad slot. I was fine on Corrin until Fates came out and then I threw up in the trash can.

Does Robin change into a dragon for part of his/her moveset? No? Well, she's not as unique as Corrin
Does Corrin actually represent weapon usage in the series, not have a counter, and use actual spells and magic?
ok bye then corrin

Last edited:

DarkFalcon

Smash Champion
What's also really nifty is if people don't like all the FE characters there's that fancy option to put echoes in the same slot as the original fighter. That way there's only 4 FE characters with alternate costumes :troll:

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Also, the "Hectorcopter", easy Up+B.
Sorry chief, it's been done before. SSF2 has it on Ichigo. I'd post it but I can't find a .gif for the life of me.

What's also really nifty is if people don't like all the FE characters there's that fancy option to put echoes in the same slot as the original fighter. That way there's only 4 FE characters with alternate costumes :troll:
If Roy and Chrom were slapped onto Marth it'd be ****ing hilarious.

Last edited:

Zorfendor

Smash Cadet
Got an interesting question for you all; starting off, is your most wanted newcomer still not revealed or already known to not be playable in Smash Ultimate? If so, and, this bring us to my main question, how do you think you'll feel about that newcomer's chances for a future Smash title?

Do you think this is their best shot? Do you think they'll be better off next time? Or do you think it's a now or never scenario? Would you prefer they get in Ultimate instead of a later game because this most likely the only time every single past veteran will be able to fight alongside them?

Part of the reason why I'm asking this is because I have some of these same thoughts about a few of my most wanted characters. And as I see more and more newcomer candidates with dedicated support bases get disconfirmed for Ultimate, I'm feeling a lot more sympathy for their fans than I used to. With few exceptions, I tried to least offered some condolences to those who really wanted some characters who failed to get in. But now, with this latest entry of Smash truly owning up to it's title with the return of all veterans, many of the most popular fan choices finally getting in as well, this most likely being the only time that will ever happen, and having no idea on when another new game in the Super Smash Bros. series will eventually release, I worry this may be now or never for some of my remaining most wanted characters, or at the very least, that they'll be missing out on the overall best Smash game yet, at least in my eyes. So even if they do get into a later installment, I'll still be overjoyed, yet I may still feel like something significant is missing from it all. And knowing all that, I'm sympathizing more with the fans of characters I've not really wanted or even cared about much more than I used to, as of late.
My most wanted is Lloyd Irving. Ive never felt more confident about his chances, but if he doesnt get in this game, I dont think he ever will unless they do another Ballot for Smash 6.

Last edited:

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
Quite astonishing how they gave a character:
bare feet
armor
a cape
a chain-saw sword
a needle hand
a fanged mouth-hand
an alien antler head
an energy ball
a dragon transformation
monarch of 2 nations

And he/she still manages to bore me.

Last edited:

Zinith

Yoshi is Thicc in S P I R I T
All around you, awaiting to consume your soul
Switch FC
SW-4624-0132-9722
So here's the legal stages that might be legal this time around (not including Battlefield and Final Destination):

Dream Land (64)
Fountain of Dreams
Pokemon Stadium 1
Yoshi's Story
Lylat Cruise
Smashville
Yoshi's Island (Brawl)
Arena Ferox
Town and City

Stages that could become legal due to hazard toggle:

Warioware Inc.
Unova Pokemon League
Find Mii
Midgar (assuming Materia is considered a stage hazard)
Pictochat 2
Wily Castle (unless what is said about the platforms still being there is true)

Troykv

Smash Master

Ike? Not a chance.

At that point people were just desperate for DK Reps.

D

Deleted member

Please don't. Just don't. IDC if it's real or bait but that discussion is not worth having in any circumstance.
Well guess what? I do not care.
You're welcome to have your opinion and all that, but I'm just gonna say that Smash makes the series look really bad, considering people view the series as having 7 anime swordsmen, four of which are just variations of Marth. Saying the series isn't over represented is just objectively false based on the franchise's sales.
What? They know there is more than just sword users by trophies and so on.
Plus there is Robin, as they know there is more uniqueness and diversity to Fire Emblem.
Fire Emblem is actually quite diverse and complex with many cool stories.
hell yeah i love it when almost half your series is just clones

:ultlucina: Let's agree to disagree. :ultcorrin:

My problem with Fire Emblem is the fact that only 2/7 do something that isn't using a sword, but they still have a sword even if some of their moves don't include it (oh and counter being in 6/7 of them). The problem with Fire Emblem I think isn't the size alone, not even the fact that people have blue hair because that's just a thing to expect in anime-styled games. The problem is that there's not a lot that's new in terms of not using a goddamn sword and not being a clone (:ultlucina::ultroy::ultchrom: man poor chrom, a clone of a clone is the worst outcome to be the first of). I think :ultrobin is a great character because he has actual mechanics closest to his series by far of any other character, that's a true homage character. Even if I'm not the biggest fan of Awakening, that's 10/10 addition (and he doesn't have a counter).

People aren't sick of Fire Emblem for having so much Fire Emblem, people get sick of Fire Emblem for Marth #4 showing up.

That's why I'm a big advocate for Hector. I don't want him and his axe-loving self because "muh axe!" or "muh weapon triangle!", it's because of a few things:

1. FE7 is a big historical point for the series since it's the first of the game series to reach the West.
2. Lyn is already out, and Eliwood is just... why?
3. Axes are cool something that has never been fully utilized in a moveset (unlike :ultvillager::ultsimon::ultrichter:)

KMDP KMDP beat me as I was typing this so I'll give an example:

These are easy to implement if you use all axe users as a basis rather than what a single unit in the game has done, because it's just easy and who ****ing cares, unless you're Ryu you're not gonna be 100% to your character.
I know Fire Emblem has clones, but that should not matter.
Like come on, we got them in Smash. Would you rather have them clones or not in Smash...
Also Roy and Chrom are different from Marth.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
At that point people were just desperate for DK Reps.
DK just needed Rool (and maybe Dixie depending on the person) and universally everyone would've been like "yeah okay no more sakurai this is good kthx".

Remmy-ro

Smash Cadet

Saw this posted on Reddit, curious what all your thoughts are on this situation

CyberHyperPhoenix

"Download Complete."
You're gonna get uh
View attachment 158039
leafy
If Edelgard is remotely different, I'd take it even if it was an ad slot. I was fine on Corrin until Fates came out and then I threw up in the trash can.

Does Corrin actually represent weapon usage in the series, not have a counter, and use actual spells and magic?
ok bye then corrin
Real talk, I'd be cool with Leif being in... even if he were to reuse the "Marcinoyom"* moveset :p

*(what a terrible name lmao)

---

Yeah, Corrin in Fates is... underwhelming to say the least. I like Corrin imo, but even then he/she's mediocre in the better story of the Fates trio (Birthright) :ohwell:

---
Yeah but Robin doesn't transform into a dragon and use it so it doesn't matter what Robin represents; bye bye TrashBin

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
Okay look I love dragons possibly more than anyone else in this thread, even if they're bizarre deer abominations doing a gorilla walk, but I'm going to have to go ahead and say that Robin is way more unique than Corrin.

Corn's got some crazy moves in F-Smash and Dragon Pin, but Robin has...

1) Smash attacks he can use in the air.
2) A weapon durability system that reflects resource the management elements of FE.
3) A variety of projectile spells with different strengths and weaknesses, including his neutral-b which changes properties depending on how long its been charged, to further emphasize strategic play.
4) A move that steals his enemy's health.
5) A super sick cloak.

Corrin has Dragon Fang moves to set him apart from his fellow swordies, but his fundamental play style is still fairly similar to them. It's why using that character came so naturally to me after practicing with Marth/Lucy and Ike a whole bunch.

Last edited:

blazefan519

Smash Ace

My most wanted characters have either haven't been shown (Bandana Dee and RH Rep) or pretty much disconfirmed (Captain Toad). I honestly think that no other Smash game will ever be able to top Ultimate and because of this, I'd like my favorite characters to get in base game or DLC later down the road. Either way, I'll still love this game regardless.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Well guess what? I do not care.

Plus there is Robin, as they know there is more uniqueness and diversity to Fire Emblem.

I know Fire Emblem has clones, but that should not matter.
Like come on, we got them in Smash. Would you rather have them clones or not in Smash...
Also Roy and Chrom are different from Marth.
Just because you're an Echo doesn't mean you're not a clone. Semi-clones are still clones (aka Roy/Chrom), just a different type of clone.

Would you rather have them clones or not in Smash...
let me think about that
:ultlucina:
hmmm
:ultroy:
hmmm....
:ultchrom:
okay this one can stay.

there is Robin, as they know there is more uniqueness and diversity to Fire Emblem.
wow if only there were more than 3/7 whole characters that showed how unique and diverse it could be

D

Deleted member

Saw this posted on Reddit, curious what all your thoughts are on this situation
I have no opinion sense I don't watch highlights or full matches. If I'm going to watch a tournament, I'll do it live or not at all.

DarkFalcon

Smash Champion
Tfw the argument turned into how unique the characters are even though that wasn't my point.

Roberk

Smash Champion
You're gonna get uh
View attachment 158039
leafy

ok bye then corrin
>Nintendo caring about Thracia
lmao
But for real though, Leif would be awesome. We could get a Jugdral stage with Jugdral music, maybe Belhalla or Spirit Forest or something. Leif could have a horse that he could dismount with a moveset that can canonically access every physical and magical weapon other than dark magic. He also doesn't have blue or white hair.

Last edited:

CodakTheWarrior

Smash Ace
Yo tehponycorn I'm too lazy to quote the original post but I did see your comment in the 7th leak.

Also, I really don't want to keep talking about FE, but I'll address my stance on it one more time.

I know I personally don't dislike the FE characters because they exist or anything (although their designs are bar none the most bland in all of Smash for me), it's more so that FE gets so much attention compared to other series.

Now, this issue is thankfully being fixed to a degree in ultimate, but the fact that FE could receive 7 characters before DK or metroid could even get a third is just... wrong. People act as though FE is some enormously popular series when, although sells decently well, is actually Nintendo's 13th best selling franchise overall based on my research. However, DK and Metroid have finally been given some attention, so I'm better with it.

Now the fact that FE has more characters than Zelda is something that should NEVER happen. Zelda fans like me just want ONE newcomer, and its incredibly frustrating that FE, a series that's overall less popular, sells less, has more generic characters, and is somewhat hated by the community can crank out FOUR in the span of two games. Like, how do people not understand how that's frustrating?!?

So, yeah, I'm not upset that FE has the characters it doesn't, I'm just upset it's given priority over other, far more popular series.

The Stoopid Unikorn

Spiciest of Guacamoles
Switch FC
SW-4202-4979-0504
They know there's more than swords, but that makes it worse since they don't use the non-swords.

Robin still uses a sword.

You forgot Corrin, who also uses a sword.

BrytonJ

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW-5522-4120-7832
Honestly I think it probably would've been wise to hold off on Roy for smash 4 DLC. Corrin is really unique and probably would've been accepted by smash fans if they hadn't been the second FE character in DLC. After Mewtwo got added in Roy was the only other character that got left behind in melee that had a big push (sorry Pichu and Young Link.) It would've been a really great reveal to have him as a big twist in the "everyone is here!" trailer.

At the very least I think discussion would be closer to "wow there sure are a lot of fire emblem guys now" instead of the "wow ANOTHER fire emblem guy" reaction that we got with Corrins reveal. But that's just my two cents!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom