• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

TheLastJinjo

Banned via Warnings
So far, I'm just hearing what you hear in response to every leak that turns out to be true.

"Eh. I don't see that happening."

DarkFalcon

Smash Champion
Wait did I miss something new with the supposed Gardevoir leak? I'm 100% down for Gardevoir. One of the few Pokemon that'd genuinely make me go omg.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Does this leak have any credibility at all? I read it when it happened and immediately dismissed it when it confidently said Simon wasn't in, but Richter was as a unique fighter, and NOT listed with the echo fighters. Yet now it's the new YouTube clickbait trend.

I would be ecstatic with Gothitelle but I just don't find it believable in the slightest.
I just can't think of a reason why Richter would have data and Simon would not. Like, you can tell that they're a mishmash of moves as Richter has Simon's abilities and vice versa, but he wouldn't be the first one made either way. That was more the joke Sakurai said about "who is echo'ing who", but Simon is still the more recognizable of the two, but it's mixed who is liked better(Japan more favors Richter).

The other thing is the weird "I have the demo build" stuff. It doesn't really sound believable at all. The Gardevoir/Gothitelle part remotely sounds believable(because he did want a Gen VI Pokemon specifically. He can pick a Generation pick, as he did before. I don't think he'll care much unless it's the latest Gen, though, and even then, it's not a guarantee. I think we'll have a Gen VII Pokemon, though), but the other stuff doesn't really add up.

Mutsukki

Smash Ace
So far, I'm just hearing what you hear in response to every leak that turns out to be true.

"Eh. I don't see that happening."
Are you serious.

Why do people that take this leak seriously keep skipping or not adressing the main point that the whole scenario is extremely unlikely. It's not about the newcomers, it's not about the game itself, it's about how this person came about this kind of information.

Blargg888

Oh okay.
NNID
Emerald_Latios
3DS FC
1977-0669-4694
Switch FC
SW-1254-5927-2992
Why is everyone acting like Gothitelle shot Batman's parents or something?
It would not be that bad a character choice, geez.
I can't wait for the Sonicpoint arc of Smash Ultimate where it's revealed that Gothitelle shot Batman and Greninja and Wii Fit Trainer go to war with each other.
But how would their final smashes work, since Gardevoir mega evolves and Gothitelle doesn't? (Echo fighter shares the same final smashes from their original counterparts... Until now).
Echo Fighters have always been able to have different FSes.
Dark Pit and Chrom don't share. Whereas Lucina and Dark Samus do.

As for Richter and Daisy, Richter will likely have Grand Cross, considering it's his move originally. However, word is still out on what Daisy's Final Smash is.

Iridium

Smash Hero

To be honest, Krookodile could work as a good Gen 5 rep. We have :ultpikachu::ultmewtwo::ultpokemontrainer::ultjigglypuff: for Gen 1, :ultpichu: for Gen 2, :ultlucario: for Gen 4, and :ultgreninja: for Gen 6, so we have no Gen 3, 5 or 7 rep. My memory is really good for this one.

TheLastJinjo

Banned via Warnings
And oh, yeah. Gardevoir and Gothitelle are both Psychic Type. So yeah. Works perfectly.
How the **** is Gothitelle not a dark type Pokemon?

DarkFalcon

Smash Champion
Inklings were the only clear one. Rest? Nah. Makes sense to think some are very likely though(for instance, Isabelle).
Yea, Inklings were the only really 100% obvious choice. New major franchise (<---- biggest point) that became absurdly popular at the right time. Anyone else just has "well they're popular and/or have been asked for for a while".

Last edited:

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Inklings were very highly requested though, Splatoon is massive in Japan
And that's why they were a shoo-in. Everybody could see them coming. It was beyond expected.

Anybody else? Not so much. Too much mixed ideas.

Yea, Inklings were the only really 100% obvious choice. New major franchise that became absurdly popular at the right time. Anyone else just has "well they're popular and/or have been asked for for a while".
Yeah. Some are surprising/hard to say(Ridley was mostly unexpected, with a few who thought his chances were finally there), and a few expected K. Rool for ages, but didn't get him till now. Simon is left field for the most part(he fit the gaming history part of 3rd parties, so was on some lists). Ice Climbers were obvious. Everybody returning from 4? Many were left a bit unsure, but hoped. The entire Smash history being playable? Not seen coming at all, for various reasons.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
And that's why they were a shoo-in. Everybody could see them coming. It was beyond expected.

Anybody else? Not so much. Too much mixed ideas.

Yeah. Some are surprising/hard to say(Ridley was mostly unexpected, with a few who thought his chances were finally there), and a few expected K. Rool for ages, but didn't get him till now. Simon is left field for the most part(he fit the gaming history part of 3rd parties, so was on some lists). Ice Climbers were obvious. Everybody returning from 4? Many were left a bit unsure, but hoped. The entire Smash history being playable? Not seen coming at all, for various reasons.
Oh hey, someone knows it's shoo-in, lol. And not shoe in

Last edited:

TheGoobster

Smash Cadet
Switch FC
SW-3334-2994-8794
I can already imagine Geno's reveal trailer.

Cut to a dark children's room

You see what looks like a doll of some sort on top of a toy box, the doll seems to be facing the window

From behind the window we see a falling star fly across the sky

It quickly lights it up the room for split second, at this point we can see it's Geno

The Geno doll suddenly bobs it head up and blinks, looking at the camera

"Geno wishes to battle!"

NextChannelGames

Smash Journeyman
Not even a week since the Direct and we still want more characters... Or at least fight each other till that leak comes to be proven right or wrong! O.o

It’s going to be a long wait till October/November Direct (If the Smash Direct theory is right).

KingBroly

Smash Lord
Inklings were the only clear one. Rest? Nah. Makes sense to think some are very likely though(for instance, Isabelle).
I think Ice Climbers were another shoe-in, just because of their Smash 4 problems. But that's likely another story.

Ridley was questionable
K Rool was unlikely
Simon wasn't even talked about until Vergeben mentioned him

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
I think Ice Climbers were another shoe-in, just because of their Smash 4 problems. But that's likely another story.

Ridley was questionable
K Rool was unlikely
I meant for newcomers only. Vets were different. I did mention that in a later post in reply. But fair enough, I should've been more clear at the time.

But yeah, I thought they were a guarantee for Ultimate myself.

Simon had some actual support, especially by Jinjo who called it some time back, but it wasn't much talked about before the leak.

Iridium

Smash Hero

Ridley was questionable
K Rool was unlikely
Be careful. PsychoIncarnate PsychoIncarnate will find you and tell you a certain something.

Last edited:

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Ice Climbers even got a special place in the trailer compared to the other returning veterans. Before the "Everyone is Here" part. Just because they knew people would get some hype from that.

NonSpecificGuy

V Has Come To
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
This. He's basically in the game.
Let's not get ahead of ourselves now, skippy. He's popular, he may even be likely, but he's no guarantee. Just ask For's Wolf supporters, me being one, and you'll see that no one is a shoo-in.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom