• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

Clue hunting is becoming extremely silly when people started to interpret Sakurai's comment on "don't expect too many new fighters" as "he's messing with us so he can reveal a ****ton of them"

KMDP

Smash Legend
Clue hunting is becoming extremely silly when people started to interpret Sakurai's comment on "don't expect too many new fighters" as "he's messing with us so he can reveal a ****ton of them"
To be fair, that's a very real possibility.

Let's say we get 10 New fighters, and 10 Echoes; the number of wholly new Fighters would only be slightly more than the least amount we've ever gotten (Melee's 8), but the actual total would be among the highest we've ever received.

Note: These 10s include the fighters we've already gotten.

Last edited:

forwardaerial

Smash Cadet
Or
Clue hunting is becoming extremely silly when people started to interpret Sakurai's comment on "don't expect too many new fighters" as "he's messing with us so he can reveal a ****ton of them"[/QU
It's true. Put your tin foil hats on and expect to see Goku fighting Sans December 7!

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
My true Gen V pick would be...

*drum roll*

Serperior

It's got dinky little arms so it can be all the snake needed and still use the all important items.

Zinith

Yoshi is Thicc in S P I R I T
All around you, awaiting to consume your soul
Switch FC
SW-4624-0132-9722
To be fair, that's a very real possibility.

Let's say we get 10 New fighters, and 10 Echoes; the number of wholly new Fighters would only be slightly more than the least amount we've ever gotten (Melee's 8).

Note: These 10s include the fighters we've already gotten.
And then it dawns on you...

Both Brawl and Smash 4 only introduced 2 clones each...

Edit: Make that 3 for Brawl. Forgot about Lucas :yoshi:

Last edited:

True Blue Warrior

Smash Hero
NNID
TrueBlueSM
3DS FC
2036-7619-4276
View attachment 157377View attachment 157378

So since we on the topic of mad fan theories about Sakurai hinting at characters, then why is it that this setting is near identical to DBZ.

K. Rool is also on the same side that Android 17 is on (both baddies) while the heroes is on The right side where both scenes then has an Air-blast/wave when they punch each other fists. Forget the poses (people argue that its common for Japan (still doesn't explain the setting) however); I know we not going to sit here and pretend the SAME setting with (Big Sun; sunset, some clouds).

If Sakurai is just referencing this and _____ is not legit, I see a lot of salty supporters of you know who. This went viral on Twitter etc; even Alpharad (casuals apparently watch him?) mentioned this.

I need answers; this is far more obvious and DBZ fans were able to recognize this last scene than these mad Isaac theories. I honestly was very very doubtful of him being DLC let alone in the base game; but this is some shady stuff going on herez; why reference this DBZ scene if he's not in? More salt? Mind you this is also from the same company that makes DBZ games working on Smash (Bandai Namco).

DBZFighters comes on in September; there should be a Nintendo Direct to discuss the online services in September. IT ALL MAKES SENSE NOW. Illuminati confirmed.
The last game had loads of JoJo references, so this doesn't mean much for the idea of Goku in Smash.

KMDP

Smash Legend
Someone please feed Agumon, the poor guy looks like he's starving:

Turns out Bandai Namco are bad at Tamagotchi. :laugh:
And then it dawns on you...

Both Brawl and Smash 4 only introduced 2 clones each...

Edit: Make that 3 for Brawl. Forgot about Lucas :yoshi:
64 introduced 1 (Luigi), 2 if you stretch the definition to include Jigglypuff.
Melee introduced 6 (Dr. Mario, Young Link, Falco, Pichu, Ganondorf, Roy)
Brawl introduced 3 (Toon Link, Wolf, Lucas)
Sm4sh introduced 2 (Lucina, Dark Pit)
So far, Ultimate has introduced 4 (Dark Samus, Daisy, Chrom, Richter), and could more than Double that number.

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
I don't even think he was messing with us, I just think people interpreted it wayyy literally.
It's vague enough to spin any way you really want to.
A few newcomers could mean like a very small amount (We have 4 uniques + 4 echos right now, to make 8, and as far as we know, he might have as little as two more to show). He could mean "as much as the last time and not more, sorry". He could also mean "Just don't expect a massive amount of them, like 30 or something".

Only way we can really know is by waiting. Or asking, but I doubt he'd answer. Haha.

What I'm trying to say is there's no "literal" way to take it without making a bunch of assumptions.

Last edited:

Zinith

Yoshi is Thicc in S P I R I T
All around you, awaiting to consume your soul
Switch FC
SW-4624-0132-9722
A literal chair with a pair of googly eyes slapped onto it. Well, you did say off-the-wall.
Oh, speak of the devil:
Chairs have had extensive history with Nintendo. For 129 years, Nintendo employees have sat in them making cards, toys, arcade cabinets, video games and of course, love houses not a joke. Therefore, the next newcomer will be CHEAP LOBBY CHAIRS!!!

Sakurai is a genius!!!

D

Deleted member

Here's a fear I have about the music.

If we have 800+ tracks in the game, I fear most of the old ones will get butchered like the DK Rap in Smash Wii U.

Reminding that Ultimate's file size is stated to be nearly the same as for Smash Wii U's.

Nonno Umby

Smash Lord
NNID
Nonno_Umby
Switch FC
SW 5218 5477 4500
Here's a fear I have about the music.

If we have 800+ tracks in the game, I fear most of the old ones will get butchered like the DK Rap in Smash Wii U.

Reminding that Ultimate's file size is stated to be nearly the same as for Smash Wii U's.
Ultimate file size isn't final. So far they have only said "more than 16 Gb", which could mean anything from 17Gb to 31Gb.

KMDP

Smash Legend
I just had a thought about how utterly broken Ultra Instinct is... especially if it's in relation to Smash.

Not only do you auto-dodge, you can cancel dodges into any attack.
If you're charging a chargeable Special Attack, you can not only move freely, but that means you can dodge as well, and not break the charge.

Just an idle thought.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
And the worst best character from the hit internet show Homestar Runner

Sorper Smash Brudas!

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
I still need to make my Goemon support thread, and I kind of want to make one for The Master from Paper Mario 64 just for fun...

And the worst best character from the hit internet show Homestar Runner

Sorper Smash Brudas!
My brain was just assaulted with memories of his voice.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I just had a thought about how utterly broken Ultra Instinct is... especially if it's in relation to Smash.

Not only do you auto-dodge, you can cancel dodges into any attack.
If you're charging a chargeable Special Attack, you can not only move freely, but that means you can dodge as well, and not break the charge.

Just an idle thought.
Fine, if we need a DBS character, let's use Gohan Blanco instead.

KMDP

Smash Legend
Fine, if we need a DBS character, let's use Gohan Blanco instead.
Tougon! You forgot El Grande Padre!
I still need to make my Goemon support thread.
I've been thinking of making a support thread for Tifa. Since she's the only one out of my entire wanted list that doesn't have a Support Thread (trust me, I know).

Last edited:

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
Goemon already has a thread.
Oh really? I must not have looked hard enough.
Well, I can just limit my work to making him a moveset then. Thanks for the heads up, friend

Tougon! You forgot El Grande Padre!

I've been thinking of making a support thread for Tifa. Since she's the only one out of my entire wanted list that doesn't have a Support Thread (trust me, I know).
Go for it.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Probably already been talked about but the blog confirmed there will be some subtle gameplay differences between Richter and Simon. For those of you who were worried about him being a glorified alt.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom