• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
If Isabella turns out to be an echo, I think one way they could implement the character that'd I like it is if Isabella's alternate colors are other villagers from animal crossing - Like Bowser Jr. A way to finally play as Nook

Thirdkoopa

Administrator
Administrator
Writing Team
Somewhere on Discord while working on something
If Isabella turns out to be an echo, I think one way they could implement the character that'd I like it is if Isabella's alternate colors are other villagers from animal crossing - Like Bowser Jr. A way to finally play as Nook
I've mentioned this before and you have no idea what I would do for Beppe to be playable lol.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer

I keep bringing this up, but it's because the leak is gaining credibility.

The Galacta Knight alt for Meta Knight actually has black on the mask to make it even more similar to Galacta Knight.

I REALLY don't think we're getting Galacta Knight.

I think that part of the ResetERA leak is a hard disproving of it
Another part that people overlook is that if we can't get Takamaru due to his western obscurity, we certainly aren't going to get Sable.

Noipoi

Howdy!
Is it wrong that the whole time they showed off Simon, Richter and Dracula's Castle the only thing I could think of was-

"They did the mash! They did the monster mash! the monster mash! It was a graveyard smash!"

Because if that's wrong then I don't wanna be right.

Shroob

Sup?
Y'know, I'm curious, one of the more likely characters expected is Skull Kid but what the hell would the Skull Kid even do?
I could see a moveset based around his ocarina and Tatl+Tael being used as projectiles.

And hell, if Sakurai wanted to get real creative, he could summon his marionettes from TP, since apparently the TP Skull Kid is the same one from MM.

vaanrose

Let's Mosey
NNID
vaanrose
3DS FC
1762-2697-1591
Switch FC
SW-4679-3965-5961
Actually, why is Skull Kid called Skull Kid? He doesn't look like a skeleton he looks like a scarecrow with a beak.
In Ocarina of Time his only purpose is to be the kid you give the Skull Mask to.

Omega Tyrant

Smash Champion
NNID
OmegaTyrant
Giygas in Mother 1 not having a good reference image kind of just makes me think that he would be even easier to put in as a Mewtwo echo... They can take whatever creative liberties they need to make him match Mewtwo's basic skeleton and animations. Of course, that depends on if they really want him in.
If you have to essentially invent the character's appearance and create a good-looking 3D model for them with little reference for what they look like, I imagine that would complicate the development process and defeat the main purpose of Echoes being easy additions.

Last edited:

Noipoi

Howdy!
I kinda hope that Gardevoir and Gothitelle leak is real for two reasons.
1. I really like Gardevoir.
2. I really wanna see all the people go "the **** is a Gothitelle?"

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
We have a brown-haired Simon that's based off his SCIV art, it's not unlikely that he'd get a red-haired alt with black armor.

Takasmash

Smash Ace
Hades and Skull Kid will completed the the villains roster cant count Black Shadow he will be Falcon echo.

Last edited:

vaanrose

Let's Mosey
NNID
vaanrose
3DS FC
1762-2697-1591
Switch FC
SW-4679-3965-5961
I think Simon's cgi model from the trailer looks sick af but his actual in game model makes him look like a grumpy old dude.
I expect a certain degree of difference between the renders and the in-game models, but this is my only true disappoint with the game right now. The renders are clean as hell, and none of the actual in-game models even begin to approach that quality.

Noipoi

Howdy!
I expect a certain degree of difference between the renders and the in-game models, but this is my only true disappoint with the game right now. The renders are clean as hell, and none of the actual in-game models even begin to approach that quality.
Ahem
800px-SSBUWebsiteMrGame&Watch1.jpg

You were saying????????

Last edited:

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
To be fair, Nintendo's motto isn't meant to be "how do we make the PS4's specs look like a wimp", it's obviously gonna be watered down.

by like
a lot

Last edited:

Apollo500

Smash Journeyman
Okay but there's watered down and then there's Chrom, who looked like he just got out of a Wii game.
I think most of the in-game models look great, but Chrom and Young Link just look... off. Chrom especially. What's up with his face? I really hope those two have their models polished up a bit by the time the game is out.

vaanrose

Let's Mosey
NNID
vaanrose
3DS FC
1762-2697-1591
Switch FC
SW-4679-3965-5961
To be fair, Nintendo's motto isn't meant to be "how do we make the PS4's specs look like a wimp", it's obviously gonna be watered down.

by like
a lot
I'm aware of what is and what isn't technically feasible. Even the PS4 isn't about to produce something as sexy as Dark Samus's render in real time. They also have the non-envious task of trying to make the characters look good in over 100 different lighting conditions. I just think they could do better is all, lol.

Last edited:

Thirdkoopa

Administrator
Administrator
Writing Team
Somewhere on Discord while working on something
THING TO NOTE ABOUT CHROM (and other footage, for that matter): we don't know when that footage was taken. Not that I'm saying get your hopes up, or that the in-game ones will be even close to the renders, but I imagine most of the art team must be purely focused on last minute touches/cleanup.

vaanrose

Let's Mosey
NNID
vaanrose
3DS FC
1762-2697-1591
Switch FC
SW-4679-3965-5961
THING TO NOTE ABOUT CHROM (and other footage, for that matter): we don't know when that footage was taken. Not that I'm saying get your hopes up, or that the in-game ones will be even close to the renders, but I imagine most of the art team must be purely focused on last minute touches/cleanup.
I thought the same thing in Smash 4 when I saw Link's face for the first time. "Ah, that must be a placeholder. I'm sure they'll change it." And then they didn't.

Apollo500

Smash Journeyman
This is what I've been hoping for, that the footage we've seen is from earlier builds of the game. I'm not getting my hopes up, but I guess we'll know soon enough, anyway.

SirCamp

Smash Ace
Well, I posted this in the Isaac thread, but I'm ready to get roasted. I have some random, largely baseless predictions to make.

I predict that we will get a new demo version of Smash unveiled at Gamescom later this month. We know that they will have a playable demo, and as far as I know this is the first time it will be playable post direct and thus the first time in a post Simon and K Rool world.

I also predict that they will reveal Isaac as a newcomer at Gamescom and that Simon, K Rool, and Isaac will be playable in the new demo version of ultimate at Gamescom.

However, if (when) I'm wrong, I will... do absolutely nothing. :joyful::happysheep:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom