• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

lordvaati

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-4918-2392-4599
This is how I see it in my head: There will be a Nintendo Direct for the Winter schedule, and Isabelle will be there as a guest on the Direct much like she is in the past before. maybe she will be there to discuss a new update to Pocket Camp, i dunno
2ef.gif

As she closes her announcement like normal, we see the spotlight around her go out. All of a sudden, she's just standing in the middle of Battlefield, the character Title Splashes in and Isabelle just loses her ****.

Welcome to Smash.

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
Let me try.

1. King K. Rool
2. Ridley
3. SImon Belmont
4. Dark Samus
5. Inkling
6. Daisy
7. Richter Belmont
8. Chrom

KMDP

Smash Legend
It'd make more sense if DS's enterance was on a miniature leviathan (oxymoron, I know) seed that breaks open to reveal her.

As for Pokemon, that section of my brain to clings to hope like band aids cling to leg hairs is still stuck on that Sirnight leak and short of the leaker coming out and saying he was just talking claptrap, I'm stuck with it now until December.
This is going to sting.
You mean "talking Klaptrap".

Hehehe... DKC.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
I think my question is, if Verg and Loz are legit, then it seems like they have 0 idea on echo fighters since, well yesterday happened, and I don't think either leaked Daisy.

Would that mean Isabelle wouldn't be an Echo of Villager?.... Honestly having a hard time imagining what she'd do when Villager's moveset fits her soo well already.
I've always imagined her having a terraforming moveset (decorating the stage with public works projects, placing objects, and enacting ordinances as per Animal Crossing) mixed with some cutesy accidental fighting (like having her forward smash topple over a giant stack of papers).

Shyy_Guy595

Smash Champion
Dark Samus doesn't have Chozo blood or more than one suit (the Phazon Suit is her skin and it mutates further). She shares a little DNA with Samus but I'd hardly call that an excuse for portal creation. It's a minor nitpick, I guess.
Oh, Dark Samus.

Well, yeah, valid point then.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
This is how I see it in my head: There will be a Nintendo Direct for the Winter schedule, and Isabelle will be there as a guest on the Direct much like she is in the past before. maybe she will be there to discuss a new update to Pocket Camp, i dunno
View attachment 156714

As she closes her announcement like normal, we see the spotlight around her go out. All of a sudden, she's just standing in the middle of Battlefield, the character Title Splashes in and Isabelle just loses her ****.

Welcome to Smash.
That would be funny...and would make me feel bad for her

Autobot N

Smash Apprentice
Let me try.

1. King K. Rool
2. Ridley
3. SImon Belmont
4. Dark Samus
5. Inkling
6. Daisy
7. Richter Belmont
8. Chrom
I'll take a hack at this too.

1. King K Rool
2. Ridley
3. Inkling
4. Dark Samus
5. Simon
6. Daisy
7. Chrom
8. Richter

King Sonnn DeDeDoo

Smash Champion
I said this once before in late 2013, but I'll say it again: Poochy would make for a great Assist Trophy.

He'll playfully knock around items on the ground and run aimlessly, ruinning into people, but can be controlled when a fighter stands on his head. He'll auto-jump when touching a ledge.

---
Heck, I think Poochy would even make a fun playable character! But, I think an assist works perfectly for him too.

I mean look at him, I need his cuteness in Smash

Noipoi

Howdy!
This is the first time I hear that every person has a set of opponents.
I think everyone has a different unique theme for their classic mode with different matches. Kirby's classic mode was titled "Gourmet Clash", and one of his fights had him fighting Yoshi (another character known for eating) with only food items appearing. I'm really excited to see the others.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Heck, I think Poochy would even make a fun playable character! But, I think an assist works perfectly for him too.

Maybe they could be a duo!

Poochie and Woolly Yoshi!

KMDP

Smash Legend
I think everyone has a different unique theme for their classic mode with different matches. Kirby's classic mode was titled "Gourmet Clash", and one of his fights had him fighting Yoshi (another character known for eating) with only food items appearing. I'm really excited to see the others.
I think "Gourmet Clash" is a specific fight in Kirby's Classic Mode.

That's how I read into it though. *shrug*

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609

More canines to beat up...not really good for Duck Hunt, but the others are fine to demolish

Jak_spoon

Smash Journeyman
So I think sakurai might be showing a bit of a trend that people aren’t picking up on. The amount of characters he’s revealing in spurts are sort of equal to their development time. It looks like he’s revealing about three new characters worth each direct. One new character is about equal to three clones or 4 returning.

Or I’m forgetting how long he said those type of characters took in his talk about melee clones

Either way I think we’re looking at 12 new characters worth of content

Last edited:

Noipoi

Howdy!
I think "Gourmet Clash" is a specific fight in Kirby's Classic Mode.

That's how I read into it though. *shrug*
That could be true as well, but you can't deny that each character will have at least a little bit of classic mode tailor made for them.
The very idea makes me giddy, I really wanted some solid single player content and it looks like i'm getting it.

Blue7113

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW650454463802
View attachment 156714

Welcome to Smash.
As an Animal Crossing fan this would be legendary. I approve.

Kaeltor

Smash Apprentice
Sean Schemmel, Goku Voice Actor, just tweeted this when he heard the IMDb rumor of him voicing son goku: "I have not recorded nor have I been approached by anyone from Nintendo or otherwise to record for [Super Smash Bros Ultimate]. I am equally perplexed."

Goku deconfirmed?

KMDP

Smash Legend
That could be true as well, but you can't deny that each character will have at least a little bit of classic mode tailor made for them.
The very idea makes me giddy, I really wanted some solid single player content and it looks like i'm getting it.
Yeah. "Gourmet Clash" (if it's what I think it is) is, what, round 2 of Kirby's Classic?

It could be like...
Kirby Classic: Mario > Giant Yoshi > Meta Knight > Metal DK > King Dedede > Multi-Man > Master Hand
Mario Classic: Sonic > Giant DK > Luigi > Metal Mario > Bowser > Multi-Man > Master Hand.

They could even have mixed-up orders, especially the echoes.

Last edited:

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Sean Schemmel, Goku Voice Actor, just tweeted this when he heard the IMDb rumor of him voicing son goku: "I have not recorded nor have I been approached by anyone from Nintendo or otherwise to record for [Super Smash Bros Ultimate]. I am equally perplexed."

Goku deconfirmed?
For now yes (if an actor is apart of Smash they can’t answer questions relating to their character joining Smash)

Noipoi

Howdy!

Goku deconfirmed?
Goku was already deconfirmed. Goku will always be deconfirmed. Goku is deconfirmation incarnate.

TheLastJinjo

Banned via Warnings
Never.

Okay... what?

I have major problems with your argument:
  1. You don't think Sakurai would pick starter Pokémon... when of all the 9 Pokémon already chosen, a little over half are starters (specifically, Pikachu, Ivysaur, Squirtle, Charizard, Greninja; 55%).
  2. Decidueye, Incineroar and UBs like Buzzwole have just as good designs as Zeraora, some would say better (I wouldn't necessarily, but I'm not everyone)
  3. Zeraora has untested popularity (yes, this was also a problem for Greninja, but Greninja's also a starter)
  4. Datamine debuts aren't official debuts.
  5. Being the last Pokémon in the Pokédex means literally nothing. Otherwise we'd get Mew, Celebi, Deoxys, Arceus, Genesect or Volcanion. Oh wait.
  6. Zeraora was probably held off from Sun and Moon because he was unfinished. That's a major downside compared to the presumably finished SM Pokémon Sakurai could have picked.
  7. Zeraora isn't getting pushed besides getting a movie. This didn't help Deoxys, Zoroark, Arceus, Marshadow... and many, many more. Lucario got a movie, but it was among the first Gen IV Pokémon revealed and was immediately popular.
I get it, you like Zeraora, but he isn't likely.
Okay, so first of all, I'd like to say that I'm very angry. It was extremely disrespectful of you to deliberately imply that I am biased and "like Zeraora" because I wouldn't back down. Because I EXPECT him. I'm sure you would be irritated if I accused you of only expecting Decidueye, Incineroar, or Buzzwole for NO other reason then that you like them.

Second of all, I'm infuriated by your characterizations of everything I said, which could also be interpreted as deliberate.
  • I never said "I don't think Sakurai would pick starter Pokemon".
  • I never said anything about Decidueye, Incineroar, Buzzwole, or Zeraora's design.
  • I never said anything about Zeraora being popular, or the other candidates being unpopular.
  • I never said datamines are official debuts. I simply used the term "debut" for lack of a better word because that is in fact his first introduction to the video game community.
  • I never said Zeraora was being pushed, and I never characterized "being in a movie" as a determining factor. I listed it as one of many things to take into consideration.
  • I never said I liked Zeraora.
So yeah, to end that all off with "I get it. You like Zeraora." is pretty infuriating. I don't know why you decided to turn this into that, but it's disrespectful and belittling. You just declaring that he isn't likely is you're way of claiming victory and then declaring that I like Zeraora, is to dismiss any future argument I make as being biased and therefore invalid.

You can disagree, but in my opinion, dismissing someone's argument by claiming they "like" a character, is one of the most insulting things you can do when speculating about newcomers. I don't care how much you or anyone else believes that to be the case. It's disrespectful and frankly pisses me off.

I gave genuine reasons why I BELIEVE Zeraora is most likely the Pokemon newcomer. Just because you disagree with them, doesn't mean you get to invalidate them via strawman. I could care less who the Pokemon newcomer is.

Blue7113

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW650454463802
I've always imagined her having a terraforming moveset (decorating the stage with public works projects, placing objects, and enacting ordinances as per Animal Crossing) mixed with some cutesy accidental fighting (like having her forward smash topple over a giant stack of papers).
She could spill hot coffee on her enemies and use Tortimers picture as a boomerang.

Arcanir

An old friend evolved
NNID
Shoryu91
3DS FC
4253-4855-5860
I'm aware it's not new, I just meant any music showcased in general.

Looks like I gotta keep saying it until I drill it in.

Rivals doesn't mean antagonist or villain and you shouldn't put them in the same group ever, because you can be both a villain/antagonist and a rival simultaneously, but you can also just be a rival. You know how Pokemon has that "friendly rival" gimmick? Yeah, that can happen.

VILLAIN/ANTAG + RIVAL::ultbowser::ultganondorf::ultridley: (K. Rool)

RIVAL ONLY::ultwolf::ultmetaknight::ultdarkpit:
To be fair, Wolf does have overlap with the villains since he has willingly assisted Andross in his conquest in multiple games (even ignoring remakes) and hasn't been shown or stated to have any regrets in those actions. At the very least he's more of a villain then the other two considering his actions have less of a moral compass.

Last edited:

Shyy_Guy595

Smash Champion
I want a character to blow a kiss and have the lip marks actually be a projectile as they travel forward.

Kill 'em with kindness, right? Feel that could fit Isabelle, maybe.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
Disrespecting everyone while pleasing everyone.
That is how the Sakurai do.
All is fair in love and war.

Goku deconfirmed?
Excellent, now the door is open for a potentially different mind-blowing last reveal to discuss about.

That's Fool's Gold!

Let's get people to bug the cast of Shrek!

(not really, is joke)
Besides, Mike Myers has to cost a bundle to hire and do a few lines.

Last edited:

Iridium

Smash Hero

I guarantee all of you that you all will be crying by the end. That ending . . .

Edit: Rie Sonomura Rie Sonomura , check this out.

Last edited:

Starbound

Worlds Apart, But Still Together.
What if Sakurai throws us a total curve ball and doesn't give us a new Pokemon.

Every newcomer we've gotten aside from Richter have been highly requested ballot characters (with "highly requested" being the reasons we got Chrom and Dark Samus), and we know from every poll we did that Inkling, Ridley and K. Rool were among the most requested. The only one we don't have data on is Simon, but maybe he did better than we think, much like with Dark Samus.

Going off of poll research, I really can't find any Pokemon that sticks out in terms of popularity (which I guess is part of the problem when there are 800 of them). There's some like Gardevoir or Gengar that have, historically, been popular. But I don't know how well they compared since they're minor characters compared to everything we're getting right now.

Also, anyone have a picture of that arm gun robot model that Sakurai bought for Smash? I know a lot of people are thinking it'd be for Elma, but if we're looking at this purely in the context of the ballot (which Elma isn't likely part of barring significant Japanese support, as XCX came out worldwide after the ballot ended).

SquashiniKun

Smash Ace
View attachment 156714

Welcome to Smash.
That would be freaking hillarious.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Something completely unrelated and something I found kinda funny. If you remember, Dry Bowser is showing up in a lot of leaks.

In the demonstration for how tourney mode works, one of the nicknames that is used on Simon is called "D Bowser". Take that what you will. :upsidedown:

Starry

Smash Rookie
If they added Shadow do you think they'd give him Witch Time and call it "Chaos Control?"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom