• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Bowserlick

Smash Hero
Toad over Captain Toad in Smash.

Super Mario 2 movement mechanics with Mariokart anti-air moves to make him the first Mario Kingdom speed character in Smash.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
Rosalina may not have been anticipated for Smash. But she was always very popular. And her Smash popularity BLEW UP when she was shown for 3D world.

I can only speak from what I witnessed. But I was pretty active back then. Rosalina has always had popularity ever since she first showed up, but, especially in the west, she was still outclassed by those four in the context of Smash. Perhaps in a more general context it'd be debatable, though I imagine she'd still be playing second or third fiddle. All of those characters in question are popular.

I suppose it's a moot point considering she did have popularity in excess of those other examples... but certainly not an amount comparable to what would be considered a highly popular Smash candidate.

Can we just have Waluigi as a "Mario Tennis" character using his Aces outfit as the default costume instead?

.....please....? ;_;
WIHSO for Smash

NintenRob

Rising YouTuber
Writing Team
NNID
trpdm.wilton

I can only speak from what I witnessed. But I was pretty active back then. Rosalina has always had popularity ever since she first showed up, but, especially in the west, she was still outclassed by those four in the context of Smash. Perhaps in a more general context it'd be debatable, though I imagine she'd still be playing second or third fiddle. All of those characters in question are popular.

I suppose it's a moot point considering she did have popularity in excess of those other examples... but certainly not an amount comparable to what would be considered a highly popular Smash candidate.

WIHSO for Smash
I'm not sure how she was on Smashboards, but I joined gamefaqs not long after (that reveal was why I joined message boards) but the amount arguing about her over there was nuts. And even before her reveal, you can see there were still a decent amount of topics about her by searching her name.

D

Deleted member

Rosalina may not have been anticipated for Smash. But she was always very popular. And her Smash popularity BLEW UP when she was shown for 3D world.
It may have blown up around that time, but it was irrelevant.

She was already in Smash at that point. We just didn't know it yet.

EDIT: ....in hindsight, popularity of characters once the game has been revealed in trailer form is mostly irrelevant to a character's odds, yet that's ironically when character support gets its wildest.

Last edited by a moderator:

NintenRob

Rising YouTuber
Writing Team
NNID
trpdm.wilton
It may have blown up around that time, but it was irrelevant.

She was already in Smash at that point. We just didn't know it yet.

EDIT: ....in hindsight, popularity of characters once the game has been revealed in trailer form is mostly irrelevant to a character's odds, yet that's ironically when character support gets its wildest.
Well yeah, Rosalina was likely decided on in Smash before even 3D World. But she was always a popular character in the Mario community. It's one of the reasons she was even in 3D World to begin with.

You have to look beyond the Smash community sometimes. Isabelle I think isn't exactly a favourite among Smash fans, but she is huge among Animal Crossing fans, and I think she could easily get in the next Smash because of it.

D

Deleted member

Well yeah, Rosalina was likely decided on in Smash before even 3D World. But she was always a popular character in the Mario community. It's one of the reasons she was even in 3D World to begin with.

You have to look beyond the Smash community sometimes. Isabelle I think isn't exactly a favourite among Smash fans, but she is huge among Animal Crossing fans, and I think she could easily get in the next Smash because of it.
Isabelle is a subject I'm not touching with a 39 and a half foot pole.
I am the minority that feels people horribly overestimate her odds just because "she's a popular Animal Crossing character".

NintenRob

Rising YouTuber
Writing Team
NNID
trpdm.wilton
Isabelle is a subject I'm not touching with a 39 and a half foot pole.
I am the minority that feels people horribly overestimate her odds just because "she's a popular Animal Crossing character".
In my experience, you're in the majority. I see a lot of people saying that animal crossing just need another character and Villager is all it needs.

Anyway, change of subject

One thing I wouldn't mind seeing again is where every character sort of had an assigned stage like in Melee, where in All Star, every character had a corresponding stage. And only two stages lacked a character, Those being Kongo Jungle 64 and Yoshi's Island 64.

Its a weird to thing to want, but I still want to see it (and randomise All Star). It would also mean stages and characters would have roughly the same amount which I think is a good thing.

D

Deleted member

In my experience, you're in the majority. I see a lot of people saying that animal crossing just need another character and Villager is all it needs.

Anyway, change of subject

One thing I wouldn't mind seeing again is where every character sort of had an assigned stage like in Melee, where in All Star, every character had a corresponding stage. And only two stages lacked a character, Those being Kongo Jungle 64 and Yoshi's Island 64.

Its a weird to thing to want, but I still want to see it (and randomise All Star). It would also mean stages and characters would have roughly the same amount which I think is a good thing.
Didn't all three N64 stages not have any character assigned to them, as well as Big Blue?
Not that it changes the point, just wanted it to be clear.

NintenRob

Rising YouTuber
Writing Team
NNID
trpdm.wilton
Dreamland 64 was Pichu's stage I thought.

You might be right about big blue though.

Edit: Wait no, fouside was Pichu stage
Your right in both cases it seems

Last edited:

Staarih

Smash Master
Here's a new thread to freshen up:

Quote 8 newcomers you think are among the most likely, no more no less, with a few rules:
- No veteran
- No third-party
- Only one per series
- New series are allowed
1. Inkling
2. Spring Man
3. Rex & Pyra/Mythra
4. Mimikyu
5. Mipha
6. Captain Toad
7. Isabelle
8. Takamaru

Pretty much a similar list to everyone else's. FE newcomer is really likely too. Paper Mario would, of course, be my go-to pick for a new Mario character but I feel like (Captain) Toad is gaining that recurring character-momentum as of now. Pauline might blow up as well in the long run.

NintenRob

Rising YouTuber
Writing Team
NNID
trpdm.wilton
Aside from Bayonetta, are there any other franchise Nintendo published worldwide?

Because I'm starting to think that it's all that due to this, Bayonetta shouldn't actually be grouped with other third party. Especially since Nintendo has been treating it like a first party franchise and even Smash is cited under both Sega and Nintendo

http://www.smashbros.com/en-uk/dlc/index.html

Bayonetta really confuses me

D

Deleted member

Aside from Bayonetta, are there any other franchise Nintendo published worldwide?

Because I'm starting to think that it's all that due to this, Bayonetta shouldn't actually be grouped with other third party. Especially since Nintendo has been treating it like a first party franchise and even Smash is cited under both Sega and Nintendo

http://www.smashbros.com/en-uk/dlc/index.html

Bayonetta really confuses me
SEGA still owns the Bayonetta IP.

Nintendo funds and publishes the latest 2 games.

NintenRob

Rising YouTuber
Writing Team
NNID
trpdm.wilton
Yes I know that much. But what power does that give Nintendo in regards to publishing it and is that enough to be cited alongside Sega on the dlc page?

Are Loki and Aesir considered Nintendo characters because they debut in the second one?

And why does Nintendo seem to treat it like its one of their own ips (such as Reggie personally announcing the new one)

I wouldn't be surprised if a new Smash game came round, and Bayonetta was actually grouped away from the other third party characters

Last edited:

Kirby Dragons

Smash Hero
Difference between Captain Toad and other characters is that while other characters don't jump, Captain Toad physically can't jump.

The idea I've had for Captain Toad for a long while was giving him no jumps, but his up special is some sort of complex mine cart system that makes up for it.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Difference between Captain Toad and other characters is that while other characters don't jump, Captain Toad physically can't jump.

The idea I've had for Captain Toad for a long while was giving him no jumps, but his up special is some sort of complex mine cart system that makes up for it.
This is thrown out of the window when Link can barely move when wearing Iron Boots but is just fine when he's got them in his bag of tricks in his own games. Yall acting like this is a huge deal when it isn't

Zem-raj

Smash Hero
Satoru Iwata in an interview with TIME magazine said:
If you recall, I used to work at HAL Laboratories, and I was there at the time that they were working on the original Super Smash Bros. for the N64. And the individual who was responsible for localization of that Smash Bros. games is the individual who is translating for me now, which is Bill Trinen. But what’s interesting about the Smash Bros. games, is that the Smash Bros. games do not represent the Nintendo characters fighting against one another, they actually represent toys of Nintendo characters getting into an imaginary battle amongst themselves. And frankly that has to do with a very serious debate that we had within the company back then, which was, ‘Is it really okay for Nintendo characters to be hitting other Nintendo characters? Is it okay for Mario to be hitting Pikachu?'

Of course now Smash Bros. is such an obvious thing to be in existence than most people forget that that type of a debate was something that had to happen when the original game was created. And so the idea at that time was that, we already knew that there were going to be 50 characters playable in the new Smash Bros. game, which is now just released. At the time, the idea was that if we were to create a toy or a figure for each one of those characters, and if you could tap that toy to the system and have that toy interact with not just Smash Bros. but with a lot of different games, you would see very quickly that people would want to collect the toys and they would want to get the benefit of having the toys and using the toys in many different games, and that together all of that would make the overall value of the platform increase greatly for the consumers, and the value of owning the toys and the games would also increase. So that was the original idea around amiibo.
http://time.com/3955733/satoru-iwata-nintendo-interview/

Nonno Umby

Smash Lord
NNID
Nonno_Umby
Switch FC
SW 5218 5477 4500

If we want to be this accuurate, Little Mac should be removed because he isn't faithful to his series. The message behind Punch Out is than even when you are in a clear disadvatage (Little Mac is way smaller than the other characters, and he can't use any special move beside the Star Punch, while the other boxers have a whole set of them) he can overcame any opponement.

Also Captain Toad reason for being unable to jump is because he has an heavy backpack. If he throws it away (maybe in a Up-Special) he, as a Toad, as the same ability to jump that Mario and Luigi have.

Besides, if the Smash team can team up the Dog and the Duck from Duck Hunt, who we always assumed were enemies because one helps the player hunt the other, they can have some liberties with the Captain.

NintenRob

Rising YouTuber
Writing Team
NNID
trpdm.wilton
Easy fix with Captain Toad

First jump - Spring boosts from the ground
Second jump - a little parachute appears from his bag giving him a bit more air time (he shouldn't have good jumps)
Third Jump - a canon

Staarih

Smash Master
Throwing his backpack, or more like flinging it upwards while holding/swinging on to it, could work as a "jump" for Captain Toad as well.

-----

Speaking of Nintendo published games, I think Ubisoft will finally come through when it comes to Smash content. Not only because of the success of Mario + Rabbids (we will see how well it does in Japan when it releases there next week) but also because Nintendo has consistently published their games like Just Dance and Rayman in Japan for a while already.

Shovel Knight was also picked up by Nintendo in Japan so here's hoping

D

Deleted member

If we want to be this accuurate, Little Mac should be removed because he isn't faithful to his series. The message behind Punch Out is than even when you are in a clear disadvatage (Little Mac is way smaller than the other characters, and he can't use any special move beside the Star Punch, while the other boxers have a whole set of them) he can overcame any opponement.
The lack of an option =/= the lack of ability to do said option.

This is what people aren't getting when they try to make connections to other characters (which the only LEGITIMATE example being N3ON brining up that Sonic can't swim, but just that can be handwaved with him paddling exactly like he does in the first Olympic Games while wearing a life jacket, just with the lack of a life jacket whenever he enters the swimming animation being an oversight).
Is Little Mac given the OPTION to use special moves against his opponents in the first place? No. Doesn't mean he can't do them. It's just not an available option to him in the game.

Is Captain Toad given the OPTION to jump? Yes. But pressing the button to do so will have him make a feeble attempt to drive the point home that he literally CAN'T.

Awesomeperson159

Smash Apprentice
I'd say this is close to what we can expect. The cuts are fair, and most of the additions make sense. The only characters I'm skeptical of are Glass Joe, Issac, Tails, and to a lesser extent, K. Rool and Waluigi.
In Glass Joe's case, I'm expecting to get a new Punch-Out!! game by the time Smash 5 comes out (or at least to have it in development when Smash 5 is released). I actually put him on because my roster maker doesn't have Don Flamenco.

Isaac, I'm also skeptical of. He could be replaced with Rayman, Shovel Knight, Shantae, etc.

Sonic is popular enough that Tails is possible, and Nintendo's on pretty good terms with Sega.

If we want to be this accuurate, Little Mac should be removed because he isn't faithful to his series. The message behind Punch Out is than even when you are in a clear disadvatage (Little Mac is way smaller than the other characters, and he can't use any special move beside the Star Punch, while the other boxers have a whole set of them) he can overcame any opponent.

Also Captain Toad reason for being unable to jump is because he has an heavy backpack. If he throws it away (maybe in a Up-Special) he, as a Toad, as the same ability to jump that Mario and Luigi have.

Besides, if the Smash team can team up the Dog and the Duck from Duck Hunt, who we always assumed were enemies because one helps the player hunt the other, they can have some liberties with the Captain.
Little Mac didn't have enough moves in his games, therefore they gave him standard boxing moves plus a few extra that he needs to be a Smash character. Although I feel like KO punch should be replaced with Star Punches.
(meter fills to 150%, 50% is 1-star which KO's at 60, 100% is 2-star which KO's at 30, 150% is 3-star which OHKOs, when they're over the KO threshold they can even play a knockout animation similar to Punch-Out!! Wii)
Also, at least Ganondorf is powerful like in LoZ. Mac's #1 trait is he's a quick, nimble boxer (well represented in smash being a featherweight with high run speed, fast attacks that come out early and acts like a boxer), Ganon's #1 trait is his magic and power (poorly represented but at least he does a lot of damage and his attacks have that emit magical fire, also he's slow and regal like in his games), and Captain Toad's #1 trait is the inability to jump. He could have workarounds or just a good up special, but he shouldn't be able to jump, because it defines him as a character.

Last edited:

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
I don't really see how Isabelle would work out. I'd probably look more towards Mr. Resetti, simply because of that pickaxe of his, and you don't want to mess with an angry mole wielding a pickaxe.

Venus of the Desert Bloom

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
N3ON N3ON said all that needed to be said.

As for Rosalina’s popularity pre-reveal, maybe Mario & Sonic Guy Mario & Sonic Guy can enlighten us. I didn’t see her appearing on many prediction and/or wish lists though; both here and elsewhere. It was always either Toad, Geno, or Bowser Jr.

Last edited:

splat

Smash Lord

Canonically, Captain Toad cannot jump because his backpack is too heavy, right?
I'd rather see them work with that, rather than coming up with ways to work around it.

DOWN B - Turnip Pluck
Similarly to Peach, Captain Toad plucks a turnip out of the ground - but rather than being able to toss it, he puts it in his backpack. If Captain Toad has a turnip in his backpack, he cannot jump, but his weight, knockback resistance and the power of his attacks in which he swings his backpack (say, smash attacks) are increased. Using Down B again lets Captain Toad take out the turnip, allowing him to jump again.

Or make it even more gimmicky, by having him put stuff in his backpack over time, increasing his weight, knockback resistance and power of his bag-swinging attacks, while decreasing his jumping height. His Down B could become 'Empty Backpack', making his toss out all found items and removing the weight from the backpack.

I don't really see how Isabelle would work out. I'd probably look more towards Mr. Resetti, simply because of that pickaxe of his, and you don't want to mess with an angry mole wielding a pickaxe.
Just a mole with a pickaxe is too limited for a unique moveset, I'd say - even if he's quite the remarkable character. I'd argue that the entirety of Animal Crossing has the same issue Sakurai accused Villager during Brawl's development: they're just not fighters. Villager ultimately worked due to the vast majority of tools (though even he had to borrow from a different series), but Isabelle, Mr. Resetti and the rest don't have access to those.

As for the 'Rosalina was a popular character before her inclusion' debate: in the roster prediction thread she only rarely shows up.

Questionmark222

Smash Journeyman
Any alternate character ideas? (like Alph and the Koopalings)
Here's some of mine for some of the veterans:
Dry Bowser (Bowser)
Funky Kong (Donkey Kong)
Dark Samus (Samus)
Galacta Knight (Meta Knight)
Blood Falcon (Captain Falcon)
Ken (Ryu)

D

Deleted member

Just a mole with a pickaxe is too limited for a unique moveset.
Even one that literally explodes with rage, can scream at opponents with damaging textboxes, and can utilize self digging-based attacks? :p

Freduardo

Smash Champion
Eight most likely newcomers?

1) Inkling
2) Spring Man
3) Dixie Kong
4) Rex
5) Decidueye
6) Sylux
7) Poochy
8) Isabelle

Any alternate character ideas? (like Alph and the Koopalings)
Here's some of mine for some of the veterans:
Dry Bowser (Bowser)
Funky Kong (Donkey Kong)
Dark Samus (Samus)
Galacta Knight (Meta Knight)
Blood Falcon (Captain Falcon)
Ken (Ryu)

What do you think of James McCloud over Fox? Both from star fox and f zero?

And protoman over mega man?

Last edited:

Cosmic77

Smash Hero
Switch FC
2166-0541-5238
So what?

I can understand unique choices and trying to improvise movesets for characters with zero combat capabilities, but Captain Toad is REALLY pushing it. There isn't much there to work with for a moveset, plus there is the fact that he can't even jump, and he's a tertiary character who isn't really that popular outside of a small subset of the Mario fanbase. It's not worth it.
I don't think Captain Toad is likely, but not for same reason as you. He has plenty of moveset potential that he could borrow from really any game that featured Toad as a playable character, so that's not an issue for me. He might be lacking in the popularity department, but EVERYONE knows who Toad is. What he lacks in popularity he makes up in iconicness. The biggest problem I have with CT is that he seems too generic compared to other Mario characters. Toads have always been labeled as those watching-from-the-sidelines NPCs, and I feel like that holds back any chances of a Toad character sometimes.

Come off it. Rosalina's popularity, while existent, was inferior to that of Bowser Jr, Paper Mario, Toad, and Waluigi. Go to past polls and check. Even her primary supporter on here in those days, Mario & Sonic Guy, didn't anticipate her.

Rosalina is a very unique case. Although she was never a popular candidate for Smash, she easily beat out the other four characters you listed in terms of general popularity. So why did a character with so much popularity have so little support for Smash? Practically no one thought she had a chance. She was still very new to the world, and all of the other Mario series characters (including DK, Yoshi, and Wario spin-offs) had been around for at least 15 years. How would someone who debuted in a Wii game beat out the sassy princess who had consistently made spin-off appearances since her GameBoy debut? Why would Sakurai think of adding a six year-old character to represent the most popular franchise of all time when Waluigi and Bowser Jr. had already existed for more than ten years? Even with her adoring fans, no one involved in Smash speculation believed she was going to be a serious candidate.

AlphaSSB

Bring Back Star Fox
3DS FC
0018-1370-8449
Switch FC
0691-1639-9303
Here's a new thread to freshen up:

Quote 8 newcomers you think are among the most likely, no more no less, with a few rules:
- No veteran
- No third-party
- Only one per series
- New series are allowed
Inkling - Splatoon
Dixie Kong - Donkey Kong
Spring Man - ARMS
Decidueye - Pokemon
Rex - Xenoblade
Isabelle - Animal Crossing
Sylux - Metroid

Not too sure who I'd put down as the eighth. I don't see them adding just one of the BotW champions, nor any side characters from Odyssey. Probably either Captain Toad or Paper Mario.

Luminario

Smash Lord
Haven't we already covered Isabelle's moveset potential? and I know most of you were there for that.
To be quite frank, I don't think Sakurai likes Animal Crossing that much. I mean, who says they don't add characters who aren't fighters then in the same game adds in ROB, a character who never fought. It feels like a cop out and I don't buy it. It's a fantasy game, Pikachu can whack Ganondorf in the face with a Home Run Bat, who cares if a character doesn't show they can fight in their source game. That's a terrible rule for a Nintendo crossover game anyway.
Since we're still on Captain Toad jumping for some reason, who cares if he starts jumping in Smash? The entire point of him not jumping is to make the Captain Toad game/levels more challenging. Just make his jump gain less height than other character's just like how Toad's jump worked in SMB2 and SM3DW. It's not that deep, just say you don't like the character and move on.

NonSpecificGuy

The Extraordinary is in What We Do
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
Haven't we already covered Isabelle's moveset potential? and I know most of you were there for that.
To be quite frank, I don't think Sakurai likes Animal Crossing that much. I mean, who says they don't add characters who aren't fighters then in the same game adds in ROB, a character who never fought. It feels like a cop out and I don't buy it. It's a fantasy game, Pikachu can whack Ganondorf in the face with a Home Run Bat, who cares if a character doesn't show they can fight in their source game. That's a terrible rule for a Nintendo crossover game anyway.
Since we're still on Captain Toad jumping for some reason, who cares if he starts jumping in Smash? The entire point of him not jumping is to make the Captain Toad game/levels more challenging. Just make his jump gain less height than other character's just like how Toad's jump worked in SMB2 and SM3DW. It's not that deep, just say you don't like the character and move on.
From what I recall he was afraid the Villagers innocent nature would seem very paradoxical in a fast paced fighting game and that would make players feel uneasy. He wasn't exactly wrong about that either. Just look at all the killager memes.

Cosmic77

Smash Hero
Switch FC
2166-0541-5238
To be quite frank, I don't think Sakurai likes Animal Crossing that much. I mean, who says they don't add characters who aren't fighters then in the same game adds in ROB, a character who never fought. It feels like a cop out and I don't buy it.

At least Animal Crossing got a happy ending...

Kevandre

Ivy WAS Saurly missed
NNID
Kevandre
3DS FC
1736-1095-5393
Switch FC
SW-2226-3590-9812
I think that a lot of the future roster really depends on Sakurai's level of involvement. At this point I'm pretty confident that the next Smash release is a new game rather than a 4-port, and Sakurai has bled nobly for the franchise but... he might be just about done with it. I think a different showrunner might try to be more in line with Nintendo, who seems to really like Isabelle. Lots of people like her too. The fact that she was one of the first non-Mario characters to show up in Mario Kart is significant, to me.

Luminario

Smash Lord
From what I recall he was afraid the Villagers innocent nature would seem very paradoxical in a fast paced fighting game and that would make players feel uneasy. He wasn't exactly wrong about that either. Just look at all the killager memes.
You do have a point there. Did anyone actually feel uneasy about it though? I mean if he didn't want to have some sort of killager meme he could have just not added the axe to his moveset along with that vacant eye twinkle Villager does in his reveal trailer. I also feel he crossed that line years ago when he let you punch Ness, a child, in the face in the first game or stab him through the head with the Master Sword, so the excuse doesn't really work that well.

D

Deleted member

So arguing against changing key defining traits about a character and what makes them who they are and what they represent means "you don't like the character".

Don't generalize points like that.

I'm going to be blunt. If people want Captain Toad to function like a normal Toad, why the **** are they supporting Captain Toad in the first place instead of a regular Toad? Literally JUST because "Captain Toad" got his own spinoff?
Captain Toad is defined by his slow movement speed and complete inability to jump.
"Oh, but that's just because of his backpack...." Well tough bitties, that backpack is pretty much what represents Captain Toad and separates him from other Toads.

You want a Toad that has lower jump height (compared to Mario) and faster speed (again, compared to Mario) that represents how a Toad works in Super Mario Bros. 2 and Super Mario 3D World?
You want this guy.

Not Captain Toad.

Cosmic77

Smash Hero
Switch FC
2166-0541-5238
I'm going to be blunt. If people want Captain Toad to function like a normal Toad, why the **** are they supporting Captain Toad in the first place instead of a regular Toad? Literally JUST because "Captain Toad" got his own spinoff?
Captain Toad is defined by his slow movement speed and complete inability to jump.
"Oh, but that's just because of his backpack...." Well tough *******, that backpack is pretty much what represents Captain Toad and separates him from other Toads.

You want a Toad that has lower jump height (compared to Mario) and faster speed (again, compared to Mario) that represents how a Toad works in Super Mario Bros. 2 and Super Mario 3D World?
You want this guy.

Not Captain Toad.
I might not feel as strongly about this as you, but I agree. It seems like most people are supporting Captain Toad just because he's one of the few recurring Toads who is treated as one specific character. Frankly, I'd be fine with the standard red spots and blue vest Toad. We didn't need a specific Yoshi in Smash. Why is Toad different?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom