• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
So... they said there are 103 stages. And I counted the stage select screen... there are 103. But then they show the Monster Hunter stage afterward... so...

I guess the ride keeps going...

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Sakurai leaked info by himself it seems like because there were heavy allusions to it via Dracula and Rathalos
Not to mention it got de-pixelized and it shows out to be called Spirits.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
You two could both be right. I just think it's a wee bit presumptuous that unlike Rayman and Bomberman, the AT isn't the titular Monster Hunter.
Perhaps it's best we (but probably just me) think of the AT as not a Monster Hunter rep, but a Capcom rep.
It's Monster Hunter content overall. No better way to put it. Rep is a loaded term, though accurate, kind of. Regardless, who knows. We got a MH costume last time as DLC, after all.

Honest Slug

Smash Journeyman
So... they said there are 103 stages. And I counted the stage select screen... there are 103. But then they show the Monster Hunter stage afterward... so...

I guess the ride keeps going...
I was under the impression that it could be an adventure mode stage.

WallyPalmer

Smash Journeyman
If there's one franchise of characters you can never have too many of in Smash...

...It's the franchise of bangable characters.
Chrom thirst is real.
Screen Shot 2018-08-08 at 12.26.59 PM.png

LOOK AT HIS FACE!!! HE LOVES HIS HUSBAND!!!!!!

Damn, seems like the aspects of the guy that made me fall for him is still fresh.

90s' Anime appeal never goes out of style, apparently.
I'm also joining the Richter thirst train. I had NO IDEA who he was but I am DOWN TO SMASH.

KMDP

Smash Legend
I feel Squad Mode could be such a huge game changer that it shouldn't just be a side event.
I think Stage Morph might be a thing in this game's competitive.

Pick two Competitively Viable Stages, have them switch a few times during the match.

ErenJager

Smash Champion
Greninja was only one game away and in development during Smash 4, but Zeroara was 2 games away and likely didn't exist. There IS a difference. Though, hey, I could be proven wrong.
I like to believe characters debuting in movies are in planning phase prior to debuting in games... As seen with Lugia not appearin in the beta and Lucario debuting in the movie prior to the games.

Murlough

Euphoria
NNID
Murl0ugh
3DS FC
4828-8253-7746
I'm crying at work someone please help.
I've been debating walking out on mine lmao. I officially quit friday so I'll power through the bull****.

Love how Dark Samus just can't be an echo. She looks cool at least.

K. Rool.....good for him.

Simon....neat. I 100% believe Verg at this point.

Chrom looks dope. Glad he isn't just a copy of one character but of multiple. THAT is an interesting way to do echos. Very pleased with that.

Richtor....um. He looks cool.....

Bowserlick

Smash Hero
Because the dragon could be a boss and Assist Trophy, that means Waluigi is going to be an Assist Trophy and selectable fighter. Nice.

Mc.Rad

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-0842-4814-1315
I think Stage Morph might be a thing in this game's competitive.

Pick two Competitively Viable Stages, have them switch a few times during the match.
Honestly Its gonna be stage hazard switch that brings a lot of stages to viability. Besides...

the Comp side hates Omega forms because they replaced FD, so having stage hazards off is a good thing.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Rewatching bits of the direct, does Final Destination look really small compared to the other incarnations to anyone else?

KMDP

Smash Legend
Honestly Its gonna be stage hazard switch that brings a lot of stages to viability. Besides...

the Comp side hates Omega forms because they replaced FD, so having stage hazards off is a good thing.
I mean, you could have Stage Morphing on and Stage Hazards off at the same time. XD
I've been debating walking out on mine lmao. I officially quit friday so I'll power through the bull****.

Love how Dark Samus just can't be an echo. She looks cool at least.

K. Rool.....good for him.

Simon....neat. I 100% believe Verg at this point.

Chrom looks dope. Glad he isn't just a copy of one character but of multiple. THAT is an interesting way to do echos. Very pleased with that.

Richtor....um. He looks cool.....
Hey, Murlough. Sorry for you loss.

At least Mimikyu looks cool.

D

Deleted member

Mother ****ing RICHTER up in this *****!

I'm ready to whip the **** out of people.

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
I recall someone making a joke about a Mii Wizard. But since that's actually a good idea, I don't know if we should expect anything yet. I'm all up for the idea though, Miitopia and what hasn't been used from Mii Quest can be utilized for ideas. or just steal from half the roster like the miis mostly do
Mii Wizard when
I agree.

KMDP

Smash Legend
Mother ****ing RICHTER up in this *****!

I'm ready to whip the **** out of people.
Not only do we get Simon and Richter, their long range and weird specials might make them high tier.

Get your Whip Arm ready.

Darkraid

Smash Champion
Let's discuss the remaining characters using Vergeben's leaks!

1) He does not have all the info.
2) Personally I think he was not told about who the echoes are just the unique ones.
3) He said 6 newcomers, excluding Inkling and Ridley
4) Simon Belmont and King K Rool is revealed, 4 left.

Here's what I think.

1) Pokemon rep - Probably Incineroar. He already said it was not Decidueye.
2) Xenoblade rep - should be Rex
3) Mario rep - Geno. Since Capt Toad is gone, Geno will be the rep.
4) Either Isabelle or Impa. I am leaning towards Isabelle since Vergeben confirmed her.

Now for the echoes.
1) Dixie - Diddy Echo
2) Shadow - Sonic Echo
3) Jeanne - Bayonetta echo
4) Impa - Sheik echo

Rockaphin

Smash Champion
NNID
Rockaphin
3DS FC
2595-0113-8473
So Simon Belmont has an Echo Fighter, so 3rd Party Echo Fighters are possible.

Shadow is still missing and would make a suitable Sonic Echo Fighter.

Totally predicting Shadow and Ken to be revealed as Echo Fighters.

Also, I'm very surprised Chun-Li wasn't shown as an Assist trophy in this Direct. But I definitely think it's happening.

D

Deleted member

Not only do we get Simon and Richter, their long range and weird specials might make them high tier.

Get your Whip Arm ready.
Too early to judge but would be cool!

I'll play him even if he's low tier, though cause man I never expected this and he's just so damn cool.

SlickWylde

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1349-5237-9158
Well I can't remember my original promise if I was wrong so I'm just gonna hope nobody else does either. Man... I am unbelievably hyped.

List of reasons for my hype:
1. Has basically ALL of my requested fighters
2. Amazing selection of stages
3. Turning off Stage Hazards will make "casual competitive" play more fun
4. "Crew Battle" (Forgot what they call it) with 5 characters sounds amazing
5. Stage Morphing sounds like something I didn't even know I wanted
6. Updated mechanics, and fixes to old "Turtling" problems

This still won't win over the Melee crowd, but I think that's totally fine. I think this is going to be the best Smash game.

Taco Cruise

Smash Journeyman
guys... that guy that talked about Toby had every character right except for Richter and posted again on /v/... What if Toby was actually real and this guy has legitimate info?

Also SUPER HYPE DIRECT!!!! K. Rool was my 2nd most wanted after Ridley I'm so pumped!!!

TheFritzle

Smash Apprentice
We're not interested in gloating.
When they say that Dixie is the most likely DK Rep and that K. Rool will never get into smash.

Zinith

Yoshi is Thicc in S P I R I T
All around you, awaiting to consume your soul
Switch FC
SW-4624-0132-9722
Because I'm bored

Characters I would bang:
:ultfalcon::ultcloud::ultcorrin::ultganondorf::ultike::ultlink::ultlittlemac::ultmarth::ultpit::ultdarkpit::ultrobin:ultroy::ultryu::ultshulk::ultsnake::ultwiifittrainer:(male version), Simon, Trevor

Characters I would bang if I was straight/they were men:
:ultbayonetta::ultlucina::ultpalutena::ultpeach::ultsheik::ultrosalina::ultwiifittrainer::ultzelda::ultzss::ultsamus:

Characters I wouldn't bang because they're animals/children/not human looking:
:ultbowser::ultbowserjr::ultdiddy::ultdk::ultduckhunt::ultfalco::ultfox::ultdoc::ulticeclimbers::ultinkling::ultjigglypuff::ultkingdedede::ultkirby::ultlucario::ultlucas::ultluigi::ultmario::ultmegaman::ultmetaknight::ultmewtwo::ultgnw::ultness::ultolimar::ultpacman::ultpichu::ultpikachu::ultpokemontrainer::ultridley::ultrob::ultsonic::ulttoonlink::ultvillager::ultwario::ultwolf::ultyoshi::ultyounglink:, K Rool

That's a pretty decent list of bangable characters. And if you're a furry you've got even more options.
I honestly don't want to answer a question like that...

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
So I slept through the direct, but I had the page up on my computer so I could watch it without being spoiled of anything.
I can picture the reveal trailer now...

Luigi, Samus and Snake are all looking for a place to hide from a storm when they come across a foreboding castle. Desperate to escape from the wretched weather, Luigi cautiously reaches for the knocker only for the door to open itself as a swarm of bats ominously fly out. They all step in and see a shadowy figure standing menacingly in the center of the room. Lightning flashes through the windows, briefly illuminating the room just enough to see that they dark figure is wearing a hood. The chandelier hanging from the ceiling then lights itself as the figure tosses away the hood, revealing himself to be...
Kount K.Rool Kreams the Kompetition!

It's King K.Rool in a vampire costume!
I can't believe King Dedede stole my joke and took all the credit for himself. That thieving son of a...

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
Remember, next time you cite a rule as to why a person can't get into Smash, think of a better reason

Thanks 8.8.18 direct

Baskerville

That's a paddlin'
NNID
RedGazelle7
3DS FC
4184-3881-5805
For real all I need at this point is Rex & Pyra and an ARMS fighter (Spring Man or Twintelle would be great. Though if I had to choose I'd pick Twintelle.) and I'm good. Even if I don't get them whether it be base or DLC I'm fine with it because I GOT SO MUCH AND MORE AT THE SAME TIME! Excluding characters I'm loving what I'm seeing (Training Mode looks SO much better and I'm hoping there is more to it)!

Also can we talk about how expressive K.Rool is? Like:

They did him SO much justice!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom