• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
So now that Chrom is a ROY Echo with Ike's Up B everything we thought about Echoes goes out the window?
Almost everything.
Same stats, different moves seems to be the standard.
Or just same stats, different animations in the case of Richter.

KMDP

Smash Legend
Chrom is a Roy Echo. it's on the website.
Seems like he's Roy, presumably without the tipper, and with Ike's Up Special? Neat.

Time for me to mentally adjust what it means to be an Echo.

I'm 100% on board with Shadow being an Echo now, if he can have Chaos Control as his Up Special and his Forward Smash and Up Throw altered.

Zinith

Yoshi is Thicc in S P I R I T
All around you, awaiting to consume your soul
Switch FC
SW-4624-0132-9722
Important thing.
K. Rool Trailer show all the 64 franchise characters fighting against nemesis or rivals, including Kirby vs Meta knight even if meta knight isn't really a villain.
This, of course, leaving Mother and F-Zero, because they are both 2 franchises that have no villains.... yet.
This makes me think that it is very possible that Sakurai is gonna add them, specially now that relevancy is officially dead thanks to K. Rool... and more if we think that Black Shadow could be an easy echoe of Captain Falcon, EVEN MORE now that Ganondorf is no longer a clone of C. Falcon.
I just hope my boi is included in that.

Godzillathewonderdog

Smash Master
**** dude, I'm so happy.

Ok, now that we have Rictor of all characters as an echo fighter than they have to be including Shadow and Ken right?

Mutsukki

Smash Ace
I'm an Ashley fan and everything that just happened greatly overshadowed her deconfirmationm, holy crap. Simon AND Ritcher??? Dark Samus? Chrom??? K.ROOL???

We're not worthy

Also lmao Hanenbow is indeed coming back and so is freaking Mario Bros. So far only stage I see missing is Melee Mute City?

Bowserlick

Smash Hero
I think Mach Rider was deconfirmed in the music section by having a soundtrack in the Other section.

Last edited:

monadoboy

Smash Lord
Chrom's page doesn't show his render for me but I got it from the web page source

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
Jesus, they're really going all out with this game. Well, the modern relevance and no more than one character per third party franchise arguments have pretty much been nuked by this Direct. I swear, my heart will shatter if Geno gets denied again despite these factors... Anyways, Shadow, Octoling, Isabelle, and possibly Galacta Knight are looking pretty damn likely now.

vaanrose

Let's Mosey
NNID
vaanrose
3DS FC
1762-2697-1591
Switch FC
SW-4679-3965-5961
Remember when people laughed when I said there'd be more Echoes than True Newcomers

zeldasmash

Smash Lord
Pretty much.

Maybe, just maybe

Shadow can be a Sonic echo and still use Chaos Control

That'd really be something.
With how they handled Richter, the fact that he still hasn't been shown as an Assist Trophy, how Chrom was handled AND the how they revealed King K Rool with the rival/antagonist motiff, Shadow is looking likelier and likelier, almost as a guarantee.

Iridium

Smash Hero
So, it seems Shadow still has a chance. I also haven't seen Tingle either, now that I think about it.

Also, 168 users and 241 guests? Well, it's not like I didn't expect that.

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
I'm going to see if I can use my "approximate fortune telling" to ballpark guess some parts about the Smash Direct.
I will give more if asked, lol. But this is just for fun.
  • There will (probably) be an assist trophy reveal that isn't actually upsetting.
  • The direct will start with a newcomer reveal (hype) and end with another (more hype) or playable demo dates (best timeline)
  • There will absolutely be something revealed that nobody has been speculating about. I'm 100% sure of this one- mostly because you all talk about the same 5 things over and over again.
  • Be prepared for Sakurai to birth a new meme.
  • Single Player will be touched on, and it will actually be interesting. But also Smash Run might come back.

Disclaimer: These are just my guesses, for fun, because I ended up "approximately predicting" the Smash Direct announcement. I wanna see if I can keep this "nearly had it" streak going haha. I got infracted for the fake leak I made a few days ago.

Also, these seem like safe guesses because they are.
  • Assist trophy reveal that was pretty hype? Check (But also upsetting ones- sorry)
  • Started with Simon and Richter Belmont and ended with K. Rool. Check
  • Several things were revealed that nobody talks about! Like Richter, THAT TRAINING MODE!!! Those new items. A lot of that direct was surprising.
  • I wasn't paying attention, but maybe his red eyes will be memed hahaha
  • Nope. Besides classic mode! Lol. Though whatever was blurred out was probably adventure mode.

Last edited:

KMDP

Smash Legend
Well, I took a look at the stage select screen, and sadly Rainbow Road is not coming back.

But every other stages I wanted to return is here, so I'm happy.
I'm an Ashley fan and everything that just happened greatly overshadowed her deconfirmationm, holy crap. Simon AND Ritcher??? Dark Samus? Chrom??? K.ROOL???

We're not worthy

Also lmao Hanenbow is indeed coming back and so is freaking Mario Bros. So far only stage I see missing is Melee Mute City?
It could also be that stages like Melee Mute City and Rainbow Road aren't done yet.

Last edited:

New_Dumal

Smash Lord
NNID
NewTouchdown
What a uplifiting surprise. The lesson is to always believe in your dreams even in the hardest of times.
We finally got a Dk newcomer, and I also think Dixie is kinda of hinted at the end.
The fact that Chrom uses Marth moves but Ike's UpB skyrockets Dixie's chances.

dezeray112

Smash Hero
Wow. Simon was someone that I expected for Ultimate, but I certainly wasn't expecting Richter to be a playable echo.

Anyways, I thought Simon's and King K. Rool's reveal trailers was awesome!

Blargg888

Oh okay.
NNID
Emerald_Latios
3DS FC
1977-0669-4694
Switch FC
SW-1254-5927-2992
Long story short, this:

Whew!

Now I'm really glad I stayed out of this thread this morning! I figured that something might have leaked, so I stayed away from the internet for these past 7-ish hours.

Also, I forgot to mention in my previous post, but I actually let out a loud, audible "WHAT!?" when Sakurai said that Castlevania would have 34 songs.
Also, glad to see Hanenbow is back! A bit sad Rumble Falls doesn't seem to be returning however.
Seems they did away with Icicle Mountain as well, though, that's one I won't miss.

KMDP

Smash Legend
What a uplifiting surprise. The lesson is to always believe in your dreams even in the hardest of times.
We finally got a Dk newcomer, and I also think Dixie is kinda of hinted at the end.
The fact that Chrom uses Marth moves but Ike's UpB skyrockets Dixie's chances.
I will believe in Isaac until the very end.

I didn't see Golden Sun music in the My Music Other playlist, and he wasn't in the Assist Trophy section.

Funny how one direct changed my opinion of Shadow and Dixie being Echoes. :laugh:

Last edited:

Mc.Rad

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-0842-4814-1315
Alright so here are my predictions for the Direct

* Sakurai will give us a guided tour through the new Smash Bros menu and all of the game modes inside of it. He may make a joke about how the games and more category was renamed to be something more coherent (if it does happen)

* There will be a revised Classic Mode with the same money mechanic as 4's.

* There will be a new trophy getting mini-game, hopefully its not like trophy rush

* There may be options to toggle different opponents for Multi Man Brawl

* Event mode is still there.

* There is a movie player with character reveal trailers there... however this might be shown last as it will hide a "surprise"

* Masterpieces are still around and one of them may be Mother 3

* There might be low poly costumes for every fighter in Ultimate

* We will be shown the Mii Fighter customization menu and get to see how they work now, since we haven't seen costumes yet.

* More Echos will be revealed which may see: Zack over Cloud, Ken over Ryu, Akuma over Ryu, James Mc Cloud over Fox, Dark Samus over Samus, Shadow over Sonic, Ninten over Ness, Black Shadow over Falcon, Protoman over Mega Man, Little Mac (SNES) over Little Mac, and Big Boss over Snake.

* We may likely see a popular character enter in as a new character. However I think there may be 2 or three newcomers revealed this time around.

* There may be classic skins for characters like TP Link, Zelda, and Ganondorf or Brawl Wolf, or Brawl Samus.
Two-ish out of 11 isn't bad... right?

Nekoo

Smash Master
NNID
Almazu
3DS FC
0259-0278-5162
Ahem.
HE GOT HIS CHANCE TODAAAAY IM SO FREAAAAKING HAPPY! CHROM! YES! AND AS A ROY ECHO?
Look at his mains
PERFECT

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
Well hey thanks to Richter we can eliminate literally every leak that claimed to give the full roster, lol.

Holder of the Heel

Fiat justitia, pereat mundus
NNID
Roarfang
3DS FC
1332-7720-7283
Switch FC
6734-2078-8990
The characters are cool and all but what got me hyped was just all the modes and additions to improve the Smash experience. They truly are taking the 'Ultimate' title to heart. I remember when Smash 4 wasn't out yet and I was amazed at how much effort seemed to be put into it, but this one is going even further beyond.

Also really happy for Opossum, his dream that became a meme then became a reality. Kinda shocking to me, now with three Awakening characters, but it's clear why it was done. This game is proving bit by bit that it is addressing things people have been asking for, period. Hell I hope they go crazy with the amount of Echoes. Never thought I'd call for more 'clones', but given their presentation and the context of the game, it seems like a great way to go ahead and give a lot of people what they want and try to please as many people as possible.

Only newcomers I'd really be interested in is an Alolan Pokemon, insert FE character here, Rex with Pyra, and a Shin Megami Tensei protagonist.

sdpdude9

Smash Apprentice
So Sakurai said the monster hunter monster was a boss. A boss for what? Perhaps the blurred out mode? Could it be... an adventure mode?

Heracr055

Smash Ace
Something I haven't seen anyone touch on yet is how the artwork with all the characters got updated, with the revealed characters occupying voids that were there initially. 2 things:
1) The artwork is preserved, which is cool!
2) The remaining voids in the image are up for grabs, so to speak (being a potential indicator of how many chars could be left)
3) This could be the new meme as people fill every gap with a variety of chars

MainJPW

M.T.A
I will believe in Isaac until the very end.

I didn't see Golden Sun music in the My Music Other playlist, and he wasn't in the Assist Trophy section.

Funny how one direct changed my opinion of Shadow and Dixie being Echoes. :laugh:
We're still in there. Isaac's chance is still here holy ****.

Last edited:

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Guys, I can't believe Mario & Luigi are ****ing dead.

FantasyBlade

Smash Apprentice
What are the chances the blurred out mode is a revamped Smash Run? Really the only "evidence" is that the panel color is green, and I know a lot of people think it could be a story mode, but I could envision an improved Smash Run as a really cool adventure-type mode.

Originality

Smash Journeyman
I'm probably not gonna play any of the characters revealed but damned if I wasn't hype for their reveal.
That menu looks so good too! Smashdown is a concept that my friends and I did by pen and paper so I'm glad it's official along with Squad battles. Also how about that stage morph, that's something I never even thought of

MysticKnives

Smash Ace
Important thing.
K. Rool Trailer show all the 64 franchise characters fighting against nemesis or rivals, including Kirby vs Meta knight even if meta knight isn't really a villain.
This, of course, leaving Mother and F-Zero, because they are both 2 franchises that have no villains.... yet.
This makes me think that it is very possible that Sakurai is gonna add them, specially now that relevancy is officially dead thanks to K. Rool... and more if we think that Black Shadow could be an easy echoe of Captain Falcon, EVEN MORE now that Ganondorf is no longer a clone of C. Falcon.
I'd be really hype for that.

As for the direct, congrats to all the fans of all the characters revealed. It was a good direct. Richter was the most surprising addition to me lol.

Untouch

Smash Master
Lip stick still hasn't been seen yet.
I can't wait until side tourneys with squad mode, it's going to be amazing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom