• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

WaxPython

Smash Ace
imagine if Ultimate tried to do what Brawl did in 2008 with gritty textures and showing Mario and Pac Man fighting in some washed out abandoned castle with blood everywhere. It'd just look silly.
That sounds awesome, give me this version of ultimate silly or not.

And my fav castlevania rep Alucard can finally fit in.

MainJPW

M.T.A
I think needlessly hyper realistic anime characters look awful yes, imagine if Ultimate tried to do what Brawl did in 2008 with gritty textures and showing Mario and Pac Man fighting in some washed out abandoned castle with blood everywhere. It'd just look silly.
Yeah, the characters look weird.

Freeza is too self-aware in this screencap image.

D

Deleted member

Predictions for tomorrow:
3 Echo fighters, I dunno who
At least one newcomer:
Isabelle(duh)
H'aanit(8/8 + red eyes, I cracked mistah Sakurai's case)
Gen 7 Pokemon(also duh)
Obviously, All Might is going to get in instead.
I came to this thread and only found bad opinions but I'm glad I found a diamond in the middle of all this trash

CrusherMania1592

Deaf Smasher
Premium
3DS FC
5472-7454-3545
We're still discussing Goku?

Man can we just find something else to talk about like who is the best Fire Emblem waifu instead?

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
Was there a leak that mentioned Xenoblade music tonight or something?
As far as I know, no. I was just speculating when I mentioned I’d want to see Xenoblade music tonight, since there likely won’t be music on tomorrow’s blog entries (there’ll be new characters instead)

WaxPython

Smash Ace
How would that even work?
Just think outside the box. Have water effects when he's on the ground.

Neutral B can be a charged hyperbeam, Side B can be Aqua Tail, Up B is Hydro pump recovery, down b can be wrap that opponents can mash out of. Aerial game is easy just do what sword characters do but use Gyras' tail instead of a sword.

AlphaSSB

Bring Back Star Fox
3DS FC
0018-1370-8449
Switch FC
0691-1639-9303
Music tracks are usually revealed on Wednesday, but since Wednesday will likely have newcomer trailers as blog updates instead...

And yes I say updates plural cause I’m expecting at least two newcomer trailers
Huh. Never picked up on that.

As for newcomers, I'm thinking a full character reveal and an Echo.

But you got Wolf back. Could Goku really ruin that for you? Just beat up Goku/whatever 4th party rep with Wolf for some catharsis. It's what many people do with Bayonetta, myself included, just because she invalidates much of the cast and represents the very nature of "unfun" itself.
A 4th Party character would result in Smash going down a path I will not follow. Wolf being back or not would have zero influence on my decision to leave Smash, should a 4th Party character be revealed.

Just because Wolf is back doesn't mean other concerns I may have with the game are magically invalidated.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
It does make me wonder why they chose the Melee grand finals instead of Smash 4. Tin foil hat time but I think it's because one of the character reveals will have "legs" and been on wishlists for nearly 20 years. There's a handful left and, if you're a Boomer on this board like me, you could easily rattle off several without hardly thinking about it.
Legs? It is happening. :awesome:

1533661039848.png

D

Deleted member

People who ask "how would [Pokemon] work?" are cowards because I could come up with movesets for literally any Pokemon out there.

MBRedboy31

Smash Lord
Like, if you’re bringing up a character with no legs and asking for a move set to be made, they can still do a variety of spins, headbutts, kicks with one end if they’re not perfectly spherical (and if they are, they can still do it with a bit of squash and stretch), ect. Just look at SSF2 Sandbag.

Last edited:

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
The only Goku we are going to get is this one.

This one

In fact, I wouldn't surprised if Sakurai decided to put this Goku as a playable character.

EDIT: God dang it Smashboard.

Last edited:

Iridium

Smash Hero

Imagine if your favorite character got scrapped for Dampé. How would you feel? For example, how would you feel if he was considered instead of literally any Pokémon that can properly fight.

Last edited:

T-Hell

Smash Lord
I don't know and honestly I don't care what character will be revealed tomorrow. I've come to terms to accept and agree with whoever Sakurai chooses as long as it is videogame-born (**** Goku) and unique and interesting. As a matter of fact I'm not expecting K.Rool anymore, but I prefer that, that way if he actually is in my surprise will be bigger.
Honestly I'm more eager for modes information right now, and I'm pretty confident the Direct will focus on those mostly.

Rosalinatehplumber

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Mariotrains
Switch FC
2537-5587-9586
If we were to get a 4th party rep somehow. I can see Mickey Mouse or Pop-Eye because they were both inspirations for Mario. You know? The king of video games.

WaxPython

Smash Ace
To be fair to Metapod he does have more moves than harden such as tackle, string shot etc wouldn't be too hard to give him a moveset.

Recovery can be like a group of butterfrees carry Metapod around. Harden can be like a general thing so when it moves to attack it uses harden on the point Metapod is attacking with.

Metapod can work but it's a lot of effort and he will certainly be a joke character cool as it may be.

#Metapod4Smash

Last edited:

DarkFalcon

Smash Champion
I can't get excited for a Pokemon newcomer barring very few exceptions, and those exceptions certainly aren't happening.

YoshiandToad

Smash Hero
I feel like I'm one of the few that gets more tense when it comes to Smash presentations. Ever since Cloud's reveal, I get more stressed as the presentation gets closer, rather than hyped. I'm going into this presentation assuming the worst will happen. Helps save me from being too disappointed.

Still hoping to learn more of the game, other than characters. I want to know what stages we haven't seen are returning, more new stages, what characters are deconfirmed already, what new single player modes there are, etc.
Nah, you're definitely not alone. Pretty much all the big speculation names of recent are characters I actively don't want to see playable, and my personal preferences bar maybe one or two are mega unlikely. I'm feeling that tension in my gut right now between preparing to see those dreams dashed and preparing for a slew of assist trophy deconfirmations that'll make the Waluigi outcry seem minor.

Maybe I'll at least get to see Yoshi, Peach, Daisy and Robin's Final Smashes.

KMDP

Smash Legend
To be fair to Metapod he does have more moves than harden such as tackle, string shot etc wouldn't be too hard to give him a moveset.

Recovery can be like a group of butterfrees carry Metapod around. Harden can be like a general thing so when it moves to attack it uses harden on the point Metapod is attacking with.

Metapod can work but it's a lot of effort and he will certainly be a joke character cool as it may be.

#Metapod4Smash
Pedantry: "Metapod only has more moves than harden if it was evolved from Caterpie, more if it was bred."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom