• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
"If you want to learn how to talk to a lady, ask your mum!"

Lucas: *kills self*
RIP Lucas, at least he’s with his mom now

****ing end me for that

Also yup, I’d imagine no blog update today after all. What’s the latest it’s ever updated?

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
"If you want to learn how to talk to a lady, ask your mum!"

Lucas: *kills self*
Lucas Don’t
Bayo: "If you need to learn how to talk to a lady, ask your mum."
Lucas: vIEtnAM flASHbaCKS
Lucas No
I don't really put a lot of stock into Palutena's 'power' just because she's a god.

She's akin to a Roman/Greek god, which is basically a human with superpowers, not an 'all powerful entity' like a lot of mono-theistic beliefs.

Would she whup a human in a fight? Absolutely.

But she's also not 'all powerful'. She's been shown to be kidnapped or defeated several times.

Hell, she almost lost a fight to friggen vegetables in the anime.
Well the two people to kidnap Palutena were Medusa (someone just as powerful as her and had an army that was actually competent and dangerous) and Chaos Kin (who’s stronger than a God)...and the vegetables incident is all on her not paying attention to what she put in her food for Pit. She’s atleast a tad bit stronger than Pit, but she sent as useful in a fight as he is (and doesn’t seem to be able to function at her best without him around)...

...now that I think about it, Pit is probably the only light Palutena truly has in her life (especially with how her friendship with Medusa went down)
The Lucas mom jokes stopped being funny years ago.

Please get original material.
Smash related jokes aren’t allowed to die

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Ridley's too big.

That's why Pyrosphere isn't returning. The model is too large for the Switch's screen.

Same with Metal Face.
But Metal/Black Face can become a newcomer like Ridley...then we can counter bigness
They may die one day, but when that happens, you can bet Alfonzo will be there to take the fill in the gaps.

Alfonzo: "Leave it to me!"
Amen to Alfonzo

Last edited:

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
The Japanese name will never stop making me doubletake.
Atleast it isn’t as akward as Trunks saying “this man isn’t black” as the cops are ready to shoot Goku, so that’s something

Dragoncharystary

Smash Lord
Anybody been keeping up with loz18? He said he may have a chance to find out more info about the Direct between yesterday and Wednesday. If he hasn't said anything new yet, he probably has about 24 hours left to find out about any new info.

Onua

Smash Journeyman
I have a gut feeling the other new chars in this game will all be highly wanted/demanded characters. The ballot playing into it.
> Inkling, Ridley and Daisy were all REALLY wanted. So I can totally see the rest of the cast being super highly requesteed characters

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
Anybody been keeping up with loz18? He said he may have a chance to find out more info about the Direct between yesterday and Wednesday. If he hasn't said anything new yet, he probably has about 24 hours left to find out about any new info.
I hope he doesn't because then the direct will be good fun instead of leak confirmation hunting.

Shroob

Sup?
I'm honestly not expecting the Direct to get leaked unless that one group saw it ahead of time like E3's.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
I'm honestly not expecting the Direct to get leaked unless that one group saw it ahead of time like E3's.
We might get lucky and not have Nintendo or hackers leak it

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
[checks Smashbros.com one last time]

WOW, LOOK! NOTHING!

Aaaaaand with that I guess I’ll go to bed. Night everybody, and since DaybreakHorizon DaybreakHorizon will probably post today’s leak sesh while I’m asleep, I’ll check it in the morning

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
I'm not clicking on any leak links tomorrow, and if I see any discussed, I'm probably bouncing but I have my doubts anything will be legitimately leaked.

Onua

Smash Journeyman
How would you all feel if this is what we got between now and release?

Newcomers
>Ashley
>King K Rool
>Simon Belmont
>New Pokemon
>Dark Samus(Echo Fighter)
>Chrom(Echo Fighter)
>Ken(Echo Fighter)
>Shadow(Echo Fighter)

Stages
> Every single stage returns plus new stages for the newcomers

Shroob

Sup?
Speakin' of, surprised Etika's been all quiet.

I don't normally watch anything he puts out, but I love how over the top and off the wall his reactions are.

They're fake and campy as ****, but when you're as hyped as he is, you don't really care in the moment.

NeonBurrito

Smash Ace
I'd like to get a look at the New Donk City stage.

But completely new - something from 16-bit Sonic. Personally I'd love to see Angel Island Zone, but maybe Mirage Saloon Zone as it was featured kinda heavily in promo material.
If we're getting a Sonic stage, it better be Studiopolis.

Maniapreorder63.png

The level is by far the most iconic of Mania's levels, and I would absolutely kill to have the Studiopolis theme, as well as some more of Tee Lopes' Mania stuff in Smash.

Last edited:

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096

Newcomers
>Ashley
>King K Rool
>Simon Belmont
>New Pokemon
>Chrom(Echo Fighter)
>Ken(Echo Fighter)
>Shadow(Echo Fighter)

Stages
One too many Echo Fighters if you asked me. I feel that 5 is the limit, and I just can't see Dark Samus and Shadow being mere Echo Fighters if they have their own abilities that separate them from Samus and Sonic respectively.

Noipoi

Howdy!

Newcomers
>Ashley
>King K Rool
>Simon Belmont
>New Pokemon
>Chrom(Echo Fighter)
>Ken(Echo Fighter)
>Shadow(Echo Fighter)

Stages
I'm down with that newcomer list, but it's already been confirmed that every stage won't return.
Though I predict that just means stages that are irrelevent and stages that wouldn't work anymore, like Miiverse.

MainJPW

M.T.A
Personally I'd love to see Angel Island Zone, but maybe Mirage Saloon Zone as it was featured kinda heavily in promo material.
Studiopolis would probably be the one they go with since it was featured more; it was the first Zone revealed, the first track uploaded to YouTube and it was the first Zone even created for the game as revealed in the Sonic Mania Dev Diary on the official Sonic YT channel.

Last edited:

Amazing Ampharos

Balanced Brawl Designer
Writing Team
For one, the correct answer to the canon power question is Mr. Game & Watch (he can generate infinite mass, play Brawl's SSE, that's universe ending power). This conversation is also wildly off topic so I'll leave it at that.

The second thing I'd say is that while looking for conversation over gameplay I've seen a lot of this character speculation stuff. I mostly don't care for the topic but since we have a direct so soon I feel that managing some expectations may do some good. Real talk: you're all going to be disappointed. Most "popular" characters in these threads have no real chance of inclusion. Super obscure characters, characters not from video games, and characters who aren't centrally important to the games they're in are just not likely picks. There have been exceptions wherein effective nobodies become playable, mostly Palutena who may be the only real case of "Sakurai bias", but in general each character is chosen for being somehow an important gaming icon. Like outside of Palutena who was included because Sakurai did Kid Icarus Uprising and the echo fighters who were retooled costumes, who were the most obscure characters in Smash 4? Roy and Corrin maybe, but they were included to promote games that hadn't come out at the time of their initial smash debuts and Roy only came back for his appearance in Melee really. Otherwise it's got to be Shulk, and Shulk was the main character (big plus point being a main character) of a semi-small but still reasonably successful game that ended up getting a ton of accolades because Xenoblade was absurdly good as it turned out. When Shulk was announced Sakurai even said he usually wouldn't include someone like Shulk but made an exception for once, and Shulk is a way bigger name than most of the names you guys are tossing... If Shulk is obviously a more consequential character than whatever you're suggesting, you might as well write off that suggestion right away honestly.

The obvious cases here that keep getting thrown around are K.Rool (throwaway villain from the older but not newer DKC games), Ashley (people only actually even know who she is from one piece of music on a bad smash stage), and Bandana Waddle Dee (a filler Kirby character who adds a small bit of flavor to a generic enemy). Look I get that these characters are all endearing in their own ways and I know that almost all of the actually good characters are already in Smash as far as first parties go, but the whole point of newcomers is to be exciting new additions in the context of what we already have so characters who could make plausible appearances in Captain Rainbow are unlikely to make the cut (Captain Rainbow himself as a compilation character referencing more obscure Nintendo characters would be a sneaky clever addition, though not one I'd bet on). Honestly the dearth of good choices is probably a reason why the project scope is just going to have fewer newcomers than previous games, but for the characters we get, I'd bet that Sakurai is going to go out of his way to make them exciting additions and not so much "these guys who weren't important enough to make the cut in the past four smash games".

I'll break character again and make an off the wall guess about something here so I'm not just negative and pointing to something that I think actually might happen that would be exciting. Ridley was revealed early and has in effect made Metroid a huge part of the marketing push for Smash Ultimate, but he wasn't even revealed alongside a new Metroid stage which is unusual for a new smash character. Metroid Prime 4 has been in development for a very long time now as well, certainly stretching far enough back to cover Smash Ultimate's dev cycle. A Metroid character from Metroid Prime 4 that has never been seen before would be a very logical inclusion in my book, similar to how Roy was in SSBM or Corrin as 4 DLC. They will probably come with the new Metroid stage if I'm right, and it will be an environment from Metroid Prime 4. I wouldn't expect it to be revealed on Wednesday if I'm right, probably revealed in a more general Nintendo direct at a later date that will also tell us more about Metroid Prime 4 itself which is no doubt an important game in Nintendo's overarching strategy to convince people to buy the Switch as a long term value. This sort of thing, a truly exciting inclusion that thrills players with possibilities, is what I expect going forward on newcomers. It's also why accurate guessing is probably close to impossible, but that's why I usually don't engage in this topic...

cothero

Smash Lord
Ok you got an excellent and only real point here

Rosalina restarts galaxies
Kirby practically has a dimension inside of him and can do pretty much whatever he wants
Pit has gone up against Hades and Medusa...and pretty much every god in the series (most of the time he does this on his own, even sacrificing his perfect wings to save his inferior clone and has made sure Palutena stays safe for as long as he can)...also has his own Chariot made out of ****ING LIGHTNING
Palutena is a Goddess
Bayonetta has killed Angels/Demons/Gods
Shulk was a God
Link has killed God like people (and I think a God)
Ness I just assume (same with Lucas)
Mario is Mario (also he can possess people)
Your profile photo led me to a question: is Etika a member of Smash Boards?

DaybreakHorizon

The guy who predicted Sora as Fighter 11
NNID
tehponycorn
3DS FC
4253-3486-4603
I'm sitting on around 30+ supposed leaks, so it's way past time for another session.

I'd also like your thoughts on opening up my personal document to some others in this thread. The fact of the matter is that I'm not going to have nearly enough time for leak hunting and cataloguing as I begin college within a week. The reason I've been so slow with bringing sessions and updating the count is because I simply decided to spend my free time doing other things. The only two options I can think of are removing the count aspect and simply cataloguing any supposed leaks I come across in my free time, or bring other people on board to help share the load. I could also cancel the project, but that'd just be lame. Even if I have to hand the whole thing over to someone else I'll ensure this keeps going. I'm open to any ideas you all may have as well.

Anyways, here it is boys (and girls):
>smash direct starts
>https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mv_rixQVT1k starts playing
>callie and marie are delivering the news as normal
>they get a message from the fax machine or whatever it is that sends splatfests
>it's not for a splatfest though, they're visibly confused on what the message is about, "some kind of game?"
>the screen cuts off and displays pic related
>https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZQjcGFoN6tk starts playing

Not sure if this is real or not, but it seems interesting nonetheless. Hints at Neku Sakuraba if you didn't figure that out. I'll allow it.
So... my last "leak", in which the ONLY THING I STATED WAS SHADOW WAS AN ECHO OF SONIC (Which is still true) sparked some attention.

So, a little bit of context:
I am an insider, I go by many names on 4chan and Reddit, and provided LOTS of info to other leakers. But... I feel like I deserve some credit. I work as a localizer for N.O.A.
Believe what you want, but this IS true. I like to see fans speculate.

> Shadow is, 100% an echo fighter of Sonic.
> King K. Rool is NOT in the game. (As a fighter)
> The 3 likely Gen 7 Candidates (Decidueye, Lycanroc, Mimikyu) are NOT fighters. The rep will be Incineroar. However, both forms of Lycanroc will be Assist Trophies, and Mimikyu MAY be cut from the A.T role. Decidueye is in the same position as Mimikyu, though he has a better chance, according to some co-workers who've met Sakurai.
> 2 newcomers* will be announced AFTER the August Smash Direct, near the launch of the game.
> These newcomers are... Geno from Super Mario RPG** as a rep for that game, and Shovel Knight from the Shovel Knight series.
> DLC is in the works. And by in the works I mean we still haven't decided the characters yet. Rex is a popular choice among the staff.
> Infinite (Sonic Forces) will be a collectible trophy.
> Custom moves will differ from SSB4.
> There are unlockable assist trophies.
> The collector's edition will feature The game, an SSBU Gamecube wired controller, a poster of the whole roster, and 2 VERY special amiibo best talked about later.
> amiibos of every newcomer / cut fighters are being made.
> A demo will come out close to launch, only 1 of 2 rosters, the first featuring Mario, Snake, Donkey Kong, Link, and Mega Man. The second just being the original N64 roster.

* I may have gotten the number of newcomers mixed up with DLC, so forgive me if I did.
**Geno is most definitely in the game as a fighter, but I mixed up newcomers and DLC, so yeah.

Anyways, that's some actual info on Super Smash Bros. Ultimate!
Hi everyone!
I’m a seasoned game journalist for a major media company (I can not disclose for the safety of myself and my sources). I have a wide range of insider friends, including at Nintendo of America. Despite the media embargo they are in a position of privileged knowledge about the upcoming Super Smash Bros game. My information comes directly from them.
First things first, I was to personally corroborate Vergeben’s information. For any of you still doubting I’m here to say he was spot on. Without further ado you came her for Ultimate info (heh).
New Characters:
Much like Sakurai said this game will not have the staggering amount of newcomers the previous entry did, however, there will be enough new additions to wet our whistles.
Simon (obviously)
Cubert (retro pick)
Shadow (Sonic Echo)
Dry Bowser (Echo)
Rhythm Girl (a music game character I think)
Dixie Kong

This is all I can say for now. When the heat dies down a bit I’ll reveal some more, but that’s most of the new cast there. Don’t worry! There’s a couple more surprises coming your way so stay tuned
~Dicey
The direct opens with a cgi trailer. Dedede is being attacked both Marth and Shulk. He's struggling to fend them off, but before they can land the final blow a shower of spears rain down that blast them both away. Bandana Waddle Dee then hovers down with a helicopter spin and cue splash screen and gameplay.

The direct then cuts to Sakurai, who thanks you for tuning in to the direct. He segways into some new game modes; Conquest Mode and Smash Dash. The first is a SSE type mode that takes place in a large randomized maze. You explore and take down bosses to collect characters, before ultimately fighting a revived Tabuu.

Smash Dash is basically Smash Run, but you can interact with and sabotage other players.

Sakurai then takes a breather to introduce a new Echo Fighter: Impa. Impa is a complete clone of Shiek, with the only changes being cosmetic animations, like taunts, and the fact that she's somewhat heavier. Her design is based on OoT with slight BoTW themed shiekah changes to her clothes

Sakurai then runs through a bunch of trophies and Assist trophies showing off the sheer girth of IPs and characters Ultimate encompasses. They are as follows

Trophies
-Ninten
-Rowlet
-Mona (Warioware)
-Rex
-Ms. Pac Man
-Adeleine
-Black Mage
-Pyramid Head

Assist Trophies
-King K.Rool
-Jack Frost
-Funky Kong
-Ashley
-Jill (the one from Brawl)

The Direct closes with another trailer. A gloomy shot of a generic dark castle is shown. Cut to a view of a hallway and then to a shot of Meta Knight brooding in front of a large stain glasses window where he stretches out his wings. Suddenly, Simon Belmont bursts through the window. cue splash screen and some gameplay.

The direct then ends

Jack Forst assist trophy is such a ****ing tease. Of course, that's likely all we'd get from SMT/Persona. Joker as a "Last Surprise" would be perfect though.
Hello, I am Satoshi from Japan. I have news about the upcoming game "Super Smash Bros. Ultimate." Sakurai and his team have been working very hard to hit the original planned launch date of December 7th, but complications have come up and we have called a sudden Nintendo Direct to announce a delay, as well as reveal another character and the new adventure mode, similiar to the one from "Super Smash Brothers Melee." There are no more third-party characters to be revealed. We have been working hard to make the holiday 2018 deadline, but it isn't going to happen. We are sorry, and hope you can understand. Goodbye for now.
The company I work for is doing an interview with Sakurai to be posted after the direct. It's a huge media company, so I'm not too concerned with being spotted, especially since I don't even work in the gaming division. Or do it? That's for the company to figure out I guess (they won't)

The (interesting) questions are
"Can you give us some insight into why you chose Dark Samus and Isabelle to be echo fighters?"

"That's interesting. Not all stages are returning, but you've shown off some fan favorites like Fountain of Dreams, Delfino Plaza and Fourside. Are there any stages you feel comfortable confirming are not in the game?"

"Simon Belmont is certainly a gaming icon, do you plan to include any easter eggs from when he appeared with Pit and Mega Man in Captain N?"

"It's an American cartoon. Anyway, can you tell us a bit about how Simon Belmont came to be?"

"Will there be any restrictions to taking Miis online?"
The emphasis on 8 is intentional: there are 8 major announcements, mainly pertaining to modes & unlocking characters. All modes shown can be played to unlock fighters.
>Classic Mode
Functions like in Smash Bros. 3DS. Certain characters can be unlocked by specific fighters (ex. Peach is unlocked when playing as Mario).
>Smash Run
Returns from Smash Bros. 3DS with a larger map and 8 player support. New enemies are teased; the ones shown are Pokies, Stairface Ogres, Pointy Tucks, Bokoblins, Lizalfos, Lynels and Chaos Kin.
>Events
Self-explanatory. Branching paths from Wii U are gone.
>Master/Crazy Orders
Function as in Smash Bros. Wii U. Not much else to say.
>Stage Builder
Functions like in Brawl, where the stage is built on a grid. The grid is larger to accommodate more parts, and themes from both Brawl and Smash 4 are included.
>Items
New and returning items showcased: among the returning ones are the Fan and Cracker Launcher. Item Box from Mario Kart is shown--it can spawn a random item, but there is a chance of it being fake and dealing damage.
>Stages
Kongo Jungle 64, Brinstar Depths, Mushroom Kingdom (Melee), Pirate Ship, Hanenbow, Golden Plains and Woolly World are confirmed to return. New stages include Metro Kingdom (given a formal debut), Bowser's Castle, Ultra Megalopolis and the Opera House.
>CHALLENGER APPROACHING
Simon Belmont "Raises the Stakes!" Trailer is done in an anime-esque style and has Link and Ganondorf fighting in a nondescript throne room, similar to the Spaceworld demo, before Belmont intervenes by attacking Ganon. Gameplay footage is shown, confirming Dracula's Castle and Bloody Tears.
Since the news is kinda already out, I figured I'd show off which new Pokemon is getting in Smash. It's not Decidueye, Mimikyu or Lycanroc as it's Silvally. Have fun with all the newcomers.
1533577555178.png
Alright **** it, I’m just going to go ahead and tell you.

>new stages shown - the great plateau, new donk city, SR388, Alola, Moray Towers
>new pokemon shown - more pokemon from the pokeballs include decidueye (no he is not playable and won’t be), the different tapu pokemon, lunala, and solgaleo, there may be more Pokemon but that is what will be shown at this direct.
>new assist trophies - Lightning from FF13, Chibi Robo, Tails, Knuckles, and Raiden will be shown at this direct
>new fighters - Shadow will be shown as an echo fighter, then Simon Belmont will be shown, final smash is the giant cross attack. To end the direct Doomguy will be shown and his final smash will be the BFG9000

I don’t know anything past this direct, but I hope this helps.
The direct will instantly start with the announcement of a new character. This character will be Rex & Pyra.

Trailer opens up with Shulk and Rex duking it out with Link and Mario in Gaur plains, Shulk gets his ass handed to him. All of a sudden Rex shows up out of nowhere using the anchor shot and topples Mario to the ground and then using the rolling smash on Link, Link blocks it with his shield and is knocked back. The camera then pans over to Pyra in the sidelines powering Rex. Then it does the iconic smash reveal saying "Rex & Pyra dive in!" It then immediately cuts to gameplay of Rex & Pyra in gameplay.
Blade Master outfit and Mythra are an alt costume, along with the recolors from the recent xeno 2 update. Rex & Pyra's final smash is shown to be him summoning Pneuma, Zeke and Tora come in and perform a chain attack and Rex finishes it off with infinity blade and KO's everyone.

Will share more later on, OP out
Yeah, I know you're not going to believe me, and that's okay bc honestly the amount of stupid people making stupid leaks is copious, but whatever.

This isn't a leak about the 8/8 direct, but rather it's about the game in general, since it's just two days away and honestly why the **** would you want information on that, y'know?

>Isabelle is a semi-clone to Villager, similar to what Pichu is to Pikachu and Dr. Mario to Mario.
>Shadow is a Sonic Echo. Not much to say about that.
>Rex & Pyra are one in the same character, while Rex battles in the battlefield Pyra just stays in the background like Pokémon Trainer, in order to "give Rex her fire powers"
>Simon Belmont is there, most people were probs expecting it.
>Spring-Man is also a newcomer, he counts with 3 alternate skins, (kinda like Bowser Jr.) Min Min, Ribbon Girl and Ninjara, with each having palette swaps.
>There will be another WarioWare rep, I unfortunately do not know who it is exactly, but I do know that Ashley, Lulu, Mona & Orbulon were the top choices.
>Dixie Kong is a Diddy Kong Echo, with all of Diddy's attacks that include his tail being replaced by her ponytail.

Misc. facts
>Peach's final smash now is going to be inspired by her 'changing-emotion' gimmick from Super Princess Peach, surprisingly enough Daisy is going to get a completely different final smash including sports from the various spin-offs she's been included in, she also doesn't have a float like Peach, she has a double jump like in Mario Run.
>There will be stages based on SnipperClips, Xenoblade 2, Splatoon 2: Octo Expansion, Sonic Mania (Which will feature Classic Sonic, Tails, Knuckles, Mighty and Ray on the background.) and Mario + Rabbids.
>King K. Rool is an assist trophy, as well as Kat & Ana, Captain Toad and Rabbids.
Have a pal who works with the German PR section of Nintendo, passed this onto me.

> The stream begins with the black and white cross from the Ridley trailer
> "More Echo Fighters Join The Battle!"
> Dixie Kong, Shadow The Hedgehog, Dark Samus
> 6 minutes are dedicated to showing them off and how they compare to their originals. Sakurai says that there are more Echo Fighters than newcomers due to the ease of making them.
> New Mode, Smash Quest is shown off. A mode similar to Melee's adventure mode. The player must traverse game-based worlds to unlock certain characters to their roster. Potentially the successor to Subspace Emissary due to Subspace enemies being shown in the worlds. Bowser's Castle and Hyrule Castle for Bowser and Zelda. Uses the powerup mechanic from Smash Run to make the final fights with the unlockable characters easier.
> Sakurai teases "fan-favorite modes may be returning"
> New Items montage
> Montage of new assist trophies and Poké Ball Pokémon are shown.
> Sakurai says he has one more announcement
> "Simon Belmont Whips It Up!"
> 2 minute trailer with original cinematics + some gameplay
Hello guys the Nintendo direct on August 8th will be talking about new modes and characters.
The new characters will be K K. Tool and Dixie Kong. The modes will be Smash run and a new story mode.

Me at this point when any leak talks about King K. Rool and Dixie Kong being the next two revealed newcomers:
today-old-friend-when-you-make-a-post-that-gets-24370646.png
Hello everybody today I want to tell guys the new characters that will be revealed. New characters will Isabelle and Simon Belmont.
New Fighters:
Spring Man
Chorus Kids
King K Rool
Ashley
Shovel Knight
Cooking Mama

Echo Fighters:
Shadow the Hedgehog
Dixie Kong

Stages:
Nintendo Switch
Dr.Mario
Kongo Jungle

One last announcement:
It is a big character... Crash Bandicoot appears. Gameplay is shown, Then shows "December 7th 2018" and then the direct is done.
I have inside information regarding Super Smash Bros. Ultimate. There is an upcoming Nintendo Direct this August with 15+ Minutes of Super Smash Bros. You may not trust me, but you will see a week or so from now.

> Famous DK characters, K. K. Rool and Dixie Kong finally join the cast.
>Mr. Sakurai pops up and talks about these 2 new additions to the roster and explains the outcry from fans.
>These 2 are brand-new fighters, not echoes. Dixie Kong is a semi-clone with different specials except side and standard neutral and such.
>In the trailer, the following unrevealed stages are shown:
*Gangplank Galleon, Golden Plains, Pirate Ship, Kongo Jungle (64), Wooly World.
>Sakurai shows that once the direct is over, King K. Rool and Dixie Kong will be added to the official website.
>Sakurai shows a montage of changed fighters yet again:
*Yoshi: His final smash is similar to previous installments. But this time, Yoshi flys towards the edge of the stage and fire five giant fireballs. Similar to one of Yoshi’s abilities in Super Mario World.
*Peach: Peach gains her wedding dress from Super Mario Oddysey. Tiara, similar to Mario’s up B with Cappy, appears when Peach does a smash attack or her up B. Tiara only appears in this alt. Costume. Her final smash receives an overhaul. She still dances and the peach layout still appears, but now she summons a rainstorm of hailing peaches. Peaches still appear after the final smash.
*Bowser: Likewise, Bowser gets his wedding tuxedo from Super Mario Oddysey. Giga Tuxedo Bowser looks amazing btw.
*Diddy Kong: His final smash still uses the Jetpack, but now he does the firing of peanuts.
>I’ll leave the rest for you to come enjoy, but don’t worry wait for the direct next week.

>K. K. Rool has alts. for his King, Kaptain, Baron, Boxer, and Pharaoh costumes. His King alt. is his dominant so there’s four different colors for it while the rest are 1.
>As I said in the previous leak, there’s a montage of character changes:
*Lucario: His final smash reverts back to Aura Storm from Brawl, but this time he becomes Mega Lucario. It looks a lot flashier.
*Roy: Similar to Ike. He has two designs to pick from. You can choose his current design from SSB4 or his younger appearance from Melee.
*Sheik: Sakurai acknowledges that Sheik’s outfit is based on the stealth outfit from Breath of the Wild. Sheik’s final smash with the slashing with her knives are finally shown officially.
>There’s more in the montage including changes to Robin’s final smash, but let’s save that for the direct.
>There’s a mini section dedicated to echo fighters and Mr. Sakurai goes on to compare the echo fighters side by side with their counterparts. Different Idles, Damage, Properties, etc.
>Isabelle gets revealed as an echo fighter for Villager. She is a bit taller than Villager. Lloid Rocket stays in a horizontal movement and her tree spawns fruit instead of wood.
>Mr. Sakurai reveals some assist trophies:
*Revali
*Chain Chomp
*Saki Amimaya
*Chun-Li
*Kat & Ana
*Mr. Resetti
*Sable Prince
*Magnus
*Skull Kid
>There’s two more, but they are surprises ;)
>Okay, now I’ll not spoil anything else. There’s still a lot for you to see including a character reveal to end the direct. Hint: The character is colored red and is popular.
I have information on the upcoming Smash Bros Ultimate Direct.The direct begins with "Everyone Is Here" the main theme plays and then cuts out, the smash logo flashing across the screen. The screen cuts to Aether Paradise, Pikachu, Greninja, and Lucario are battling each other when the screen goes dark and a flame appears in the center of the stage. Incineroar Heats Up The Battle! is displayed. Incineroar's moves consist of Darkest Lariat, Power Trip, and Malicious Moonsault as his final smash. Sakurai then goes onto welcome us and brief us on some returning stages, these consist of:Windy Hill Zone, Brinstar Depths, Wooly World, Jungle Hijinxs, Pirate Ship, Orbital Gate Assault, Hanenbow, Gamer, Flat Zone, Fountain of Dreams, Kongo Jungle, and Poké Floats. Next shown was the new Mario Odyssey stage titled as such, the Odyssey itself, zooms around several kingdoms, Metro, Sand, Luncheon, and Cloud are the four shown, in omega and battlefield forms Cloud will be represented. Sakurai then transitions into the modes, he begins with Stadium Modes, Target Smash returns, however it is not unique per character. Home-Run Contest is back, as well as Multi-Man Smash. Target Blast does not return. He then describes customizable controls, music options, and the extensive amount of trophies that are in the game. Masterpieces however are not shown. Offline Tournament mode is returning and will support up to 128 fighters. A new adventure mode is then shown off, called Legacy mode. This mode is the primary way to unlock characters and is a true homage to gaming and smash brothers as a whole. You will go through a multitude of story specific and non-specific stages, and build up an arsenal of gaming legends. Classic mode is shown off next, and is done in a much more linear pathway similar to previous Smash Bros games. Last for modes is All-Star mode being shown as returning. Sakurai then shows off a variety items from previous games such as the Beam Sword, Warpstar, and many more. Then he begins to discuss assist trophies. Barbara, Dillon, Dark Samus, Lakitu, Ashley, Saki Amamiya, Tingle, Magnus, and Chain Chomp are all shown to be returning. At the very end Isabelle is shown next to an assist trophy, and uses the trophy. Isabelle Writes Her Way In! She is shown as an echo of Villager. After the trailer, Sakurai then says there will be more assist trophies announced for Ultimate in the near future. The next topic is Online Play, tournaments return as well as for glory and for fun. Battlefield and Omega forms will be within for glory. Smash Run is also announced during this time, and remains largely similar to the 3DS version. Sakurai then confirms Stage Builder to be returning, this time with usable assets from other stages. Sakurai finishes the presentation stating that he and his team are working extremely hard and knows how excited the fans are for Super Smash Bros Ultimate. As copyrights appear, the smash logo flashes. Donkey Kong and Diddy Kong are wandering along what looks to be a grass path from the Donkey Kong Country games. They are panicking as they return to their hut to see their bananas stolen. King K Rool fires a cannonball their way. King K Rool Takes His Shot! Then as King K Rool looks to fire another shot, Dixie Kong comes in and hits King K Rool with her ponytail. Dixie Kong Swings In! And The direct ends with the Donkey Kong Crew happy to have their bananas.

TL;DR: Incineroar, Isabelle, K. Rool, Dixie Kong
After Sakurai speaks about all of the new information for Smash Bros. Ultimate, He will state that there is one last thing he wants to show us.
It fades out and cuts to a shot of him standing on a rock in a desert type area with a serious look on his face as the camera turns around revealing Akira Toriyama on a higher up cliff to recreate the scene from Dragonball Z where Goku and Vegeta have their famous staredown. Toriyama chuckles and forms the galick gun hand gesture, Sakurai follows suit and beings to form a Kamehameha hand pose. They begin to charge and after charging they fire their respective beams and cause a huge clash. Then, after clashing beams cause an explosion the screen is filled with white and then fades to black. Suddenly, the opening song of DBZ "Rock the Dragon" starts playing and the screen cuts to Son Goku flying on the Nimbus cloud with Son Gohan on his shoulder after dropping him off on a cliff, Son Goku arrives on a Kame House stage versus Ryu and Little Mac. Goku's Neutral B is a Kamehameha that does high damage up close but little damage far away and will not knockback big characters like Bowser or D3. Down B is charging his KI, making his overall stats increase. Side B is doing a charge attack that launches him and the enemy into the air to finish off with a Forward Air three hit combo. Goku will be extremely good and easy to use, they still haven't learned from Bayonetta. His tilt and normal A moves are classic Turtle Hermit style moves and after taking over 130% damage he loses the top half of his gi like he does many times while fighting Frieza and verious enemies. His Final Smash makes him lift into the sky and charge a Spirit Bomb it takes up most of Kame House and can only be dodged by leaving the stage, (i.e grabbing ledge, jumping in the water)
He has a Bardock costume.
Afterwards, Sakurai talks about how excited he is to work with Toriyama and Shuiesha
and then he says goodbye and the direct ends.
As we all know, there is a new Super Smash Bros. Ultimate direct coming in a few days. I will not be saying how, obviously, but I was able to see the direct in its entirely already.

This direct will mostly be covering the various modes in the game and i will mention those below, but what you're most interested in is the characters obviously

There will be 3 characters revealed, one echo, one "semi-clone" and one unique new fighter

- Chrom (Echo of Ike)
- Shadow (Semi clone of Sonic)
- Ashley (from WarioWare, Unique fighter)

Chrom is an echo of Ike, and it isn't really shown what is unique about him, like with daisy, other than different voice lines obviously

Shadow, is mostly like sonic but he has some sort of spear attack, chaos spear I think they're called, I know basically nothing about Shadow myself, it just works like the mii brawler's shotput, but further and faster, not as strong though. He still has the same Down special as sonic, and neutral special, but the neutral special is slightly longer range and he seems to disappear for a very short time before hitting.

His Up special is also completely different and the coolest move he has in my opinion, it's a teleport, just like Palutena but slower, however, if you teleport on someone else like Zelda, it basically does the same thing bayonetta's witch time does and slows the enemy a lot to get in a hit.

I was one who wasn't interested in Shadow but he seems like a much more fun version of Sonic to be honest. His melee attacks also just have purple effects coming from a lot of them.

Ashley, a character I thought has a decent shot of being playable this time, actually is. I'm not sure if its the massive popularity in japan, the ballot or whatever else that got her in, I only saw the direct (unlike almost every fake leaker who sees one thing early and suddenly everyone thinks they will know everything else to come...)

Anyway, she seems very unique, her up special is obviously her broom, and she seems to have full control while using it, though I don't think you can stop moving forwards, you just control which way you turn for a few seconds. You can also do small flips that seem to do a bit of knockback so you aren't entirely vulnerable. You can also do a small purple magic projectile attack, like villager's slingshot, that travels the way you're facing, she can use this on the ground too, i assume its her "jab", similar to megaman.

Her air attacks shown use her broom to hit, her wand to hit, and her down air is a small lightning bolt that meteor spikes, also just like megaman. She has a chargeable neutral or side special, like robin that gives her different spells, the ones shown are a thin stream of fireballs that go straight forwards and multi-hit, a small gust of wind that pushes people pretty far, but doesn't damage. And what looks like the fully charged shot, is, really, really weird. It sends a small purple orb forwards quite slowly, like pac-mans orange but slower, you need to throw or hit people into it to have a better chance to hit them with it, because it stays active for quite a while, but if they get hit, they literally turn into a spoon, an item that you can pick up, a spoon, only for about one second though, but you can pick it up and quickly through it wherever you want and then they will change back, it seems incredible for positioning or edge-guarding as they will just fall, they don't instantly fall quickly though so they don't go too far down so they can't recover at all. Her final smash is throwing a plant pot down, zapping it with some spell, and turning it into a massive venus flytrap-like plant, it stays on the ground for like 4 or 5 seconds so it is still a "to the point" final smash, and it just bites everything around it repeatedly, and you can hit people into it like with rosalina. lastly, she has a pyjama alternate costume with her hair down that's pretty cute.

She has a full trailer too, which is also where shadow is revealed, Chrom got no trailer, just like Daisy.

It starts with Wario picking up some gold rings, the sonic kind, to steal, then sonic shows up just saying "Hey", but wario quickly gets on his bike and tries to escape, sonic, being fast, runs after him. They seem to be in Diamond city now from Warioware, and sonic nearly catches up, but then out of nowhere Wario's bike gets destroyed by a spear, from shadow, who appears in the air and gets revealed. Wario crashes into Ashley's mansion, outside of it anyway. Both Sonic and Shadow look at him and sonic goes to get the rings back, but that's when Ashley slams her front door open and just stares at them all, pretty creepily, and she gets her splash screen, I really didn't pay attention to what the splash screen said, sorry. Sonic and Shadow, disturbed, decide to just leave, and Ashley looks like she's going to help Wario, but just takes the rings herself and goes back in her mansion saying she could use these.Then it goes into gameplay of her, and Shadow. and afterwards cuts back to Wario, still lying outside her mansion knocked out.

And this guy talking about "big marring" with the same name was someone else, i made three comments only.

i forgot to mention the modes too, these are all just old returning modes you'd expect, including break the targets, not for each character, but there are a lot more than in brawl. Smash run is also available online, or local with multiple switches. There's no sign of smash Tour, or an Adventure mode.
ok so I’ve been waiting to talk about this until the Direct got announced, since nobody would likely believe me before that. Now that it has been announced, I’ve got a couple things to “leak” (using that term makes me feel dirty lmao).

First of all, hate to say it, but Shadow isn’t real. I don’t really know why they removed his assist trophy, but they did. That’s Nintendo for you, I guess. I’m not the one making the decisions, so I couldn’t tell you what’s up with them.

Second, there WILL be an Adventure Mode, but it won’t be nearly as huge as Subspace. It’s definitely more comparable to Melee’s Adventure, although there are CG victory cutscenes for each fighter, which are pretty neat.

Third, Shovel Knight is in. Nothing really more to say, except that he’ll be the only indie rep in the game, so don’t be expecting Sans or anything like that (or, God forbid, Fortnite or Steve from Minecraft).

Fourth, a short vignette with three Echo fighters, which are Ken from Street Fighter, who echoes Ryu, Chibi-Robo, who echoes ROB, and Funky Kong, who echoes Donkey Kong. They originally had a fourth echo fighter planned, but I think they scrapped them from the game entirely? Idk, I haven’t really heard anything about it in a while. I never even heard who they were, so don’t mind me blabbing on about it I guess.

Fifth, the opening intro will be shown to close out the direct. It isn’t Melee’s intro in terms of quality, that’s for sure, but it’s not cringe worthy or anything. At least at the end the announcer yells “SUPER SMASH BROS ULTIMATE,” which is awesome.

That’s pretty much it. There could be more, this is just the stuff that has come down the chain of command to my level.

>Chibi-Robo
>Echo Fighter of R.O.B.

You didn't even try, did you.
I know of what will be featured in the Direct.

1. King K. Rool and Dixie Kong will be revealed.

2. Dixie Kong will be revealed as an Echo Fighter.

3. Sakurai reveals that he plans to reveal every single fighter in the game before the game comes out. A montage of additional Echo Fighters. The most noteworthy being Shadow.

4. A stage montage. Both old and new, with a little bit of elaboration with the new stages.

5. Some new game modes. Not sure what I am looking at for the most part, though there will be some discussion pertaining to the newest adventure mode.

6. Sakurai will close us out with yet another reveal trailer, showing off Ashley as a playable fighter.

And a bunch of inbetween stuff I lost track of. It's hard to recall and remember everything when you can't take notes, and you only get one chance to watch the Direct.
Heihachi will be announced as a fighter
Chrom is an echo for Marth
Story Mode will be announced
Ms. PAC-Man is an echo
Plusle and Minum are Assist Trophies
Classic Mode will return
Professor Layton will be fighter
Simon Belmont will be a fighter
Isabelle will be a fighter
Geno will be a fighter
King K Rool will be a fighter
Note: This post contains only one small piece of information of what will come in tomorrow's Nintendo Direct. There's a chance that something else that I will reveal will be announced tomorrow, but please remember that there are many departments working on the game, not all are connected. To clarify, my inside knowledge does not cover all aspects of Sora, Nintendo or Bandai Namco. Therefore, I do not have an infinite knowledge bank of the game or it's marketing. The following is what I know.

Firstly, my motive to reveal the following is to stop pesky 'leakers' from feeding the public false information about the game. I have had insider knowledge since Smash Bros for Wii U and 3DS, but this is my first public post as this time round I'm seeing a lot more silly predictions.

Vergeben, to what I understand, is right in saying Simon Belmont and Isabelle are coming. I'm semi-confident I know who his source is, but I can't be sure.

In tomorrow's direct, Nintendo will give the 'Waluigi treatment' to some charaters, meaning they will debunk some characters who are rumoured to be full fighters or Echoes. Expect Chrom to be one.

The following fighters will be apart of Smash Bros Ultimate: New Style Boutique Fashion Designer. and Geno.

Discount any leak that does not include those mentioned above.

Smash Bros Ultimate focuses on fan requested characters, but it would not be complete without Sakurai's oddball pick. Depending on the reception of this post I will elaborate. I hope everyone enjoys tomorrow's Direct.

Sorry for all the monkeying around. ;)
Global Test Smash. Announced Aug 8th. Happens September 14th. Get hyped. Allows you to instantly unlock Chibi Robo when you get the main game, who is the one unlockable fighter in the demo and will not be revealed until 3 days after the last day of Global Test Smash. The demo roster is Mario, Link, Pikachu, Ice Climbers, Snake, Sonic, Inkling, Ridley, and King K.Rool (and Chibi Robo unlockable). The only stage will be Mario Odyssey, but all 4 types (Omega Battlefield Hazard Off and regular) are available. There will be other things revealed in the direct but I will save some surprises.
Im a clumbsy piece of **** so I replied with this in another thread lmao

I don't use 4chan but I have been using it in the last few days waiting for the smash announcement to hit this board in the face.

Im gonna ruin all your fun and leak all the details so theres no surprise!

The 8s are representative of the amount of new characters (echos included) that are going to be in the game at launch that are supposed to be announced in the coming months.

In the direct Sakurai talks about the return of Adventure Mode, a reworked Classic Mode, and the return of other gamemodes like Hit the Target.

4 New Characters are announced (2 Echos and 2 Newcomers):

In the middle of the direct he has a section for these 2 DK reps.
-King K. Rool
-Dixie as an echo

Then later during the end of the direct he announces some Kirby newcomers.
-Bandana Waddle Dee
-Dark Meta Knight as an echo

He shows off some of the new stages and old stages returning. Most of the stuff he shows off are already known about via the website.. He announces a few new stages and a few old ones not known about:
-Fountain of Dreams and Pokefloats return
-Pirate Ship and Rainbow Road return
-Pac Maze and Dreamland return
-A New Final Destination is shown off. It is dark with a light moving back and forth on the stage
-The Metro Kingdom stage is shown but this was on the website
-An Elysium stage is revealed (XB2)
-A new Alolan stage that tours all the islands

New amiibo announcements for the characters revealed

I watched the direct once so this is the information I gathered. Im kind of a clumbsy **** so I probably missed a bunch of stuff.

I'll be on this thread for a bit, feel free to ask a few questions

Thanks Mr. Leakerman.
Hello everyone,

I'm responsible for the translation and localization of some Nintendo directs.

I would like to inform you that Solaire will be the surprise announcement on 8.8.18.

Delays of DS and Solaire amiibo on Nintendo Switch were due to linkage of the amiibo to Smash Ultimate.

All the best.
Smash Bros Ultimate Direct 8.8.2018
Echo Fighters: 3 new echo fighters are revealed: Dixie Kong (Diddy), Shadow the Hedgehog (Sonic) and isabelle (Villager).
Character reveals:
Rex and Pyra
king K rool
Spring man
Simon Belmont
And Ashley
Stages: 5 new stages are revealed
Busted Bayou (DKC)
Ashley’s House (Wario Ware)
New Donk City (SMO)
Minecraft (Minecraft)
Nintendo Switch (Nintendo)

Menu is shown but just looks like a cleaner version of smash 4

Subspace Emisary returns (Brawls but expanded)

Sakurai leaves with 1 moee announcment: We see inklings fighting around in inkopolis then they are walking a man hole opens wario appears confused goes back down then octolings appear saying did you miss me? Gameplay footage game logo december 7th screen

>Octolings speaking

You really didn't try on this one.
It's on Guys, Smash Direct it coming to August 8th

>5 New Characters (Shadow, Ashley, Rayman, Crash Bandicoot and Bandana Waddle Dee)
>4 New Stages (Radical Highway, Ashley's Mansion and N. Sanity Island)
>Espio and Dr. Neo Cortex can be added as an Assist Trophies

https://twitter.com/NintendoVS/status/1026202051884150784?s=19
Hello, August 8 a Smash direct was confirmed. I am happy to share with you of what will appear.
> It starts off with a trailer to Rayman
> After that they talk about the Rayman’s moveset.
> Next they talk about modes.
> They will announce all off these, Target Smash, Training Mode, Trophy Rush, Master Hand and Crazy Hand mode, Melee Adventure Mode, Event Match, Multi Man Smash, Tournament, and other stuff that is on the Menu. They end the modes off with the Splatoon smash trailer, going straight to the Ridley Smash trailer, to the Rayman trailer, to, gameplay and cutscenes for the new, Story Mode.
> Next is more gameplay of the characters, like Yoshi including his new final smash, Diddy Kong with his new final smash, and more. Also, they show off Robins new final smash. They then say, wait, where is Chrom. Then, the camera switches to Battlefield and outcomes Chrom a echo for Ike.
> They talk about new assist trophies
> New stages and returning one’s like Poke Floats, and Pyrosphere that when you play as Ridley, Sylux or Dark Samus appears. I know, i’m sad about this new too.
> Then it ends off with a trailer to, King K Rool
> It also shows the first wave of amiibo, Ridley, Inklings, and Wolf. They also show a Rayman amiibo which actually looks good, well for an amiibo card, King K Rool, and Snake which is wave 2 and releases February 2019.
  1. Hey there Smash folks, yes ANOTHER leaker here... but this time it's different, because in a short time span you will be able to prove or disprove the credibility of this leak :) Just make sure not to forget I said all of this in advance. My name is Syl, by the way.
  2. Let's start with the nutkicker...
  3. - Super Smash Bros. Ultimate is delayed until February 2019. It was a tough decision by Sakurai and his team, but the combination of new modes, along with some returning ones, as well as the immense selection of characters and stages proved too much for the development team to handle.
  4. -Nintendo still insisted on the game releasing in 2018, but Sakurai was persistent. He continously cited the rough development of Super Smash Bros. Brawl 10 years prior.
  5. Now, new modes
  6. - Smash "Adventure" is a new mode. No, this is not the same as Adventure Mode from Melee. In this mode, you explore a large cavern equivelant to an area you'd find in the Subspace Emissary or Smash Run, and you battle numerous Nintendo foes along the way. There are doors around the landscape, which will put you up against a random fighter. Should you defeat that fighter, you will unlock them as a "life" to be added to your live count.
  7. Once the 15 minute time limit is up, or if you enter the big door at the top right of the stage, you are put into a battle with Master Hand (and Crazy Hand if you are good enough). Master Core DOES NOT appear in this mode. Regardless, Master and Crazy Hand can be quite relentless when they are at maximum difficulty. You unlock any fighters you have kept as "lives" along the way, including the fighter you are playing as.
  8. Cutscenes are not linked to this mode, and are instead focused once again for new character reveals as in Smash 4. However, there WILL be a special intro for the game as in Melee, as well as a special cinematic after every character from the base game is unlocked.
  9. -Break the Targets returns with a unique stage for EVERY character as in Melee. The stages themselves are quite plain and look as if they were constructed rather quickly, but still test the abilities of the characters in various ways. Echo fighters however, such as Lucina or Dark Pit, lack their own unique stage, and simply reuse the stage of their base fighter with some minor adjustments. This does not apply to characters who are NOT marked as echo fighters, such as Dr. Mario.
  10. Now, the moment you've all been waiting for, the characters.
  11. There are three newcomers and four echo fighters that have not been revealed.
  12. - Simon Belmont (Castlevania)
  13. - Hades (Kid Icarus)
  14. - King K. Rool (Donkey Kong)
  15. Out of the three, I have only seen K. Rool in action. I can confirm that he uses his blunderbuss as an attack (either his neutral special, or side special) and he has both Kaptain and K. Roolenstein alts. His Final Smash involves sailing a giant ship with all of his Kremlings on board over the victims who have been caught in it. I have not seen ANY gameplay of Hades or Simon Belmont.
  16. Now, the four echo fighters.
  17. - Dark Samus (Metroid)
  18. - Dixie Kong (Donkey Kong)
  19. - Shadow the Hedgehog (Sonic)
  20. - Alm (Fire Emblem)
  21. I have not seen Isabelle or Dixie Kong in action, but from what I gather, they are echoes of Villager and Diddy Kong respectively.
  22. Shadow is an echo of Sonic, and unfortunately maintains all of his questionable spin dash moves that Sonic has. However, Shadow's aerials that involve using his feet have a noticeable flame effect that Sonic's do not, likely due to his jet shoes. His final smash is, of course, Super Shadow, which is identical in every way to the new Super Sonic.
  23. Alm is NOT an echo of Marth, but instead an echo of Roy. He uses the overhead slash for his "Shield Breaker" akin to Roy's Flare Blade, and Marth's Shield Breaker in Melee. His final smash appears to be Roy's version of Critical Hit, but lacks any flame effects, and Celica also makes a brief appearence during it for some...reason.
  24. And yes, Isabelle is NOT an echo fighter, but instead maintains her role as an Assist Trophy. Yes, Vergeben was wrong, and you heard it here first, folks.
  25. Speaking of Assist Trophies, there are also a few more that I have noticed, although this obviously does not reflect how many there will be in the final game.
  26. - Ashley (returning from Smash Wii U)
  27. - Isaac (returning from Smash Brawl)
  28. - Barbara the Bat (returning from Smash Brawl)
  29. - Ray MK II (Returning from Smash Brawl)
  30. - Foreman Spike (New, appears in 8 Bit form, as in Wrecking Crew)
  31. - Cranky Kong (New, after yelling at the fighters for a brief period akin to Mr. Resetti from Brawl, he bounces on his cane like a pogo stick, as in Tropical Freeze)
  32. - Bandana Dee (I know this one will make some people sad, but he really is an assist. He uses various spear attacks as in RTDL/Star Allies)
  33. And now, stages. Here are the stages I have taken note of so far that have not been revealed yet to my knowledge.
  34. - Big Battlefield
  35. - Dracula's Castle
  36. - Jungle Hijinx
  37. - Pirate Ship
  38. - Sector Z
  39. - Orbital Gate Assault
  40. - Brinstar Depths
  41. - Hanenbow
  42. My last words is that there WILL be a direct in August that WILL reveal some of the content featured here, but not all of it, so it will make it much easier to judge whether you will want to believe what I have posted here. Cheers!
  43. PS: And remember, the information I have posted, you heard it here first. Smash Ultimate will be a February title and Isabelle WILL be an Assist Trophy and not a playable fighter. Vergeben is wrong. ;)

Blame Pastebin for the horrible formatting.
Here's a leak for everyone. Take it with a grain of salt.

>A Nintendo Direct will be held on August 17th, 2018

>It starts by showing more, new information on Mario Kart Tour, the mobile game said to release sometime around 2019, exact date not told.

>Tomodatchi World will be revealed.

>A Super Mario Maker Wii U port will be coming for the switch with 2 new themes: desert, jungle. It will also come with more items, mobs, and a new theme (Super Mario Bros 2.).

>Mario Kart 8 Deluxe added content will be shown, similar to the BOTW Link. This will be new color customizations for Toad.

>Arms amiibos will be revealed.

>A few indie games and their gameplay will be shown, some such as Undertale, Terraria, and Dont Starve: Nintendo Switch.

>New weapons and maps for Splatoon will be revealed themed around the Octo Expansion.

>Gameplay will be shown for Just Dance 2019.

>To end the direct off, while on the topic of Ubisoft, a new smash bros ultimate fighter will be revealed. Rayman will be a new fighter with the showcase of Rabbids as an assist trophy. The rabbids will work similarly to the nintendog trophy.

>Nintendo Direct shortly after Smash Direct

Suuuuuuuuure.
1533454555506.png

Hungry for more smash leaks? Don't worry I got your fix. Recently got into contact with friend who works in Nintendo's marketing team who gave me some information. First let me say all of the information vergenben leaked so far is correct so none of it will be repeated here. Each member of this Pokemon team represents a newcomer. Have fun figuring them out :)

PS one of the Pokemon is the gen 7 rep.
There will be a nintendo direct sometime in september. I have gotten this info from a close friend, who usually edits nintendo directs 1-2 months in advance

>Starts off with 3DS highlights
>Restates Warioware Gold release and announces a extra character as DLC. The character is unkown but they allow the player to play all the unused mircogames from warioware inc and touched.
>Mario and Luigi Bowsers inside story remake is talked about again, they do not give a solid release date but show gameplay of Bowser
>Then quickly goes over some minor releases. Dillon, Captain Toad, etc

>Switch highlights
>Mario Oddyessy gets more DLC in the form of a bunch of new costumes and filters. One of this filters is a space filter
>Then they cover Undertale again, showing some footage and a release date for 2018
>They then talk about MP4, how it is still in development but no footage
>They then show a remake of the first Starfy game. Called "The Legendary Starfy Orgins"
>They then put on Hitoshi Yamagami, who talks about his desire to port the original games but was shut down. This remake does not have a release date but is shcedualed for 2019
>They talk a bit about Mario Kart 8 Deluxe DLC, revealing Kirby and his ride, the warp star. The warp star has a unique gimick based of Kirby Air Ride, with only one button control, and the Wheele, which was a normal vehicle
>They then talk about Yoshi. More footage is shown but still no title. Poochy is playable
>A Paper Mario 64 remake is revealed to test the waters of what fans want from the paper mario series.
>This nearly ends the direct, but at the end a trailer is shown for paper mario in smash

That is the direct. I hope to get some pictures of it soon so stay tuned.
Robert "Gooman" from ign claims that an insider has made the claim that there will be more Smash characters, but only one more will be revealed before late October.

Apparently it is Leon Kennedy. Nothing about his moveset is mentioned but his default costume is from RE4.

L9999

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3780-9480-2428
Reminder that Ness can't do crap against Giygas. It is Paula who prays him away, and the power of the prayer comes from the player and the people met during the story. Lets take a look at Ness's feats:

Only does 2 dmg against Starman Jr and is carried by BuzzBuzz. Gets beaten up by dogs and crows.

Beats Frank, Frankestein Mark II, Titanic Ant, Captain Strong, 4 cops and Everdred. Very impressive stuff for a 13 year old human, but not up there as a force of destruction like other characters. Note that the cops can still kill Ness handily as he 3HKOs them and he gets 5HKOd.

Ness gets ripped to shreds by the enemies between Twoson and Happy Village. Needs a teddy bear to survive them. The blue cult also beat him up but tbf it only happens if he is low on HP or they gang on him.

Mr Carpainter cause a game over if Ness doesn't have the Franklin Badge. Unless you sequence break you cannot advance any further.

Ness could probably solo Mondo Mole but he is much better with Paula helping.

Speaking of which a group of zombies beat up Ness and Paula in Threed. So much for a "most powerful character."

Master Belch is literally invincible unless you use the Jar of Fly Honey.

The rest are all group boss fights in which Ness does contribute but the major players are PK Freeze and Bottle Rockets, which he cannot use.

The most credit you can give Ness as being one of the most powerful Smash characters canonically is soloing Magicant, which is well above human capabilities but I don't think Ness really fits with galaxy warpers or god killers. His most acclaimed feat wasn't even done by him.

This is offtopic but direct is soon and this is more productive than talking about Goku.

Last edited:

P.Kat

Smash Champion
Ok you got an excellent and only real point here

Rosalina restarts galaxies
Kirby practically has a dimension inside of him and can do pretty much whatever he wants
Pit has gone up against Hades and Medusa...and pretty much every god in the series (most of the time he does this on his own, even sacrificing his perfect wings to save his inferior clone and has made sure Palutena stays safe for as long as he can)...also has his own Chariot made out of ****ING LIGHTNING
Palutena is a Goddess
Bayonetta has killed Angels/Demons/Gods
Shulk was a God
Link has killed God like people (and I think a God)
Ness I just assume (same with Lucas)
Mario is Mario (also he can possess people)
So we just gonna forget that Amaterasu can literally materialize anything she draws, stop/slow down time, and have slayed gods?

Unless we're just mentioning the cast we have now in the roster which in that case whoops I goofed!

Well, Lucario can form physical construct out of Aura which is nothing to sneeze at.

Omega Tyrant

Smash Champion
NNID
OmegaTyrant
Metroid Prime 4 has been in development for a very long time now as well, certainly stretching far enough back to cover Smash Ultimate's dev cycle.
Smash Ultimate's project plan was devised in December 2015, Metroid Prime 4 was first announced at E3 2017, where it was so early in development we got nothing but a title picture and was still completely absent a year later at E3 2018, Ridley's inclusion had nothing to do with marketing Metroid Prime 4 (nevermind Sakurai outright said it was his big fan demand and the big outcry against his Smash 4 exclusion that got him in finally).

Last edited:

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
The issue with people putting Shulk up there on powerlevel charts is that the Shulk in Smash hasn't gained his endgame final boss power yet, so he's really not as powerful as the top tiers.

Without that, his current power stems from the fact that his monado has a dozen arts with different applications and being able to predict the future and react to deadly attacks. Both of which are exponentially increased in strength when he has a party to support him.

Of course, Smash Shulk doesn't even wield his blade properly or use real arts so ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

WallyPalmer

Smash Journeyman

Newcomers
>Ashley
>King K Rool
>Simon Belmont
>New Pokemon
>Chrom(Echo Fighter)
>Ken(Echo Fighter)
>Shadow(Echo Fighter)

Stages
I'd be a bit dissapointed, but not entirely upset. Honestly, the pokemon would make-or-break it for me. Also, why would Simon come but not Isabelle? They honestly feel like a package deal at this point.

CatRaccoonBL

You can do it!
NNID
RaccoonBL
3DS FC
2294-4606-0767
I'd be a bit dissapointed, but not entirely upset. Honestly, the pokemon would make-or-break it for me. Also, why would Simon come but not Isabelle? They honestly feel like a package deal at this point.
Vergeban's sources for Simon are different than his sources for Isabelle from what I've been hearing here I think. So they don't techically have to go together.

Roberk

Smash Champion
Has this leak been talked about yet?

MenuLeak.jpg

The style makes it seem very in line with what Ultimate seems to be going for. Found on http://boards.4chan.org/v/thread/426844586#p426844586. I think it's fake though, I doubt that Sakurai would go for currencies like the ones shown here. Also, unless Ultimate is constantly updated the Smash Blog would be useless after launch.

A menu would line up with what Loz18 has been saying about an August Direct I think. I'm pretty sure someone notable was talking about the menu being shown in the Direct.

Last edited:

Jetsurge

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-2536-8732-7990
Speakin' of, surprised Etika's been all quiet.

I don't normally watch anything he puts out, but I love how over the top and off the wall his reactions are.

They're fake and campy as ****, but when you're as hyped as he is, you don't really care in the moment.
He's hosting some huge party somewhere or something

DaybreakHorizon

The guy who predicted Sora as Fighter 11
NNID
tehponycorn
3DS FC
4253-3486-4603

View attachment 156063
The style makes it seem very in line with what Ultimate seems to be going for. Found on http://boards.4chan.org/v/thread/426844586#p426844586. I think it's fake though, I doubt that Sakurai would go for currencies like the ones shown here. Also, unless Ultimate is constantly updated the Smash Blog would be useless after launch.

A menu would line up with what Loz18 has been saying about an August Direct I think. I'm pretty sure someone notable was talking about the menu being shown in the Direct.
Pretty sure this one was debunked. At the very least this isn't the original thread. I haven't been keeping up with Menu "leaks," but I think we've talked about this one before.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392

View attachment 156063

*Gems as a currency*

Uh-oh.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Your profile photo led me to a question: is Etika a member of Smash Boards?
Probably not. Might be too busy leading the JoyCon Boyz
So we just gonna forget that Amaterasu can literally materialize anything she draws, stop/slow down time, and have slayed gods?

Unless we're just mentioning the cast we have now in the roster which in that case whoops I goofed!

Well, Lucario can form physical construct out of Aura which is nothing to sneeze at.
If Amaterasu she’d be the top tier god character

Lucario would probably fit among the strongest group

Starbound

Worlds Apart, But Still Together.
That menu is gorgeous and I'm sad now because it probably won't be the real thing...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom