• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

CaptainAmerica

Smash Master
NNID
TomOfHyrule
View attachment 155514

New Gengar related "leak", though just claiming that K. Rool and Gengar are "just rumors" the leaker has heard about from others.

Which is funny considering the "main" Gengar leak that kicked off the trend (but notably wasn't the first "leak" to include Gengar) was the one with K. Rool's and Gengar's proposed trailer concepts.
Red vest item? That means they have a model of each character wearing a red vest that can be switched in? Seems tough.

And I was looking at this leak and was really confused for a second when I was "New Mario Kart? But they just ported 8! Why? And hooks? WTF? Oh wait, Mortal Kombat..."

Can I just ask how this leaker knows of these characters? Rumors from who? :glare:

Billybae10K

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-4311-5852-0528
Honestly though, Hoenn Pokemon Trainer featuring Mudkip, Grovyle and Blaziken would be a dream. And if we're talking extreme pipe-dreams that will never happen, make the Grovyle styled off of the main Grovyle character in Mystery Dungeon Explorers. It'll never happen, but I would self-combust if this were to ever be a thing.

(But seriously Sakurai, can we get some music tracks from Explorers of Sky. That game's OST is legendary)

KMDP

Smash Legend
They had no real reason to not include the cross gen evos of Kanto Pokemon in LGPE.
They just didn't want to scare the people who haven't played Pokemon since 1999 with Pokemon that aren't "Original".
What I've always wanted is a Pokémon remake, set in Kanto, that has 190 Pokémon in the Pokédex, as originally intended.

Funnily enough, if you combine the Nidorans into one Pokémon, include all the cross gen evos along with Heracross and the Houndour, Murkrow, Mismagius and Slugma lines (all those evo lines, except Heracross, are all Johto Pokémon you can only get in, or after you reach, Kanto), you get... 193 Pokémon.

HMMMMMMMMM.
Gen 8 is just Gen 1 but it's set 100 years in the future when everything is more techno :troll:
I actually wouldn't mind that. XD

At least it wouldn't just be vanilla Kanto.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
So which EVO stream is the Smash stuff on?
Smash 4 is on EVO3 and Smash Ultimate will be streamed on the main EVO channel
Isnt that where the minor changes come in?
that’s not how an echo works
What time does the Smash Ultimate Exhibition start?
6pm Pacific Time
And while Dark pit could be unique there's literally no reason to add a unique dark pit over characters like Viridi, medusa and hades hence why him as a clone makes the most sense, even though he can be unique it's not really worth the effort. Could be unique doesn't always mean should be unique
It’s better for Dark Pit to be as uniqueless, edgy, and an inferior Pit anyways...onto Viridi joining Smash and to keep Kid Icarus as the only series to be unaffected continuity wise in Smash

AlphaSSB

Bring Back Star Fox
3DS FC
0018-1370-8449
Switch FC
0691-1639-9303
For me, there's only three Pokemon I really want to see in Smash.

Sceptile - Chances be damned. First Pokemon, favorite Pokemon, Pokken main, and I think Sceptile make for an excellent addition.
Decidueye - More realistic in terms of chance. Decidueye has a ton of moveset potential, and Pokken showed that well. Hope he makes it in.
Lycanroc - Although I was a bit disappointed in this line, I still like it. Also has a ton of moveset potential, and would make for a great addition.

There's a few others I wouldn't hate to see, but no-one outside of those three really interests me. Zoroark is an honorable mention, as he's once again a Poke Ball summon.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
The only Pokémon characters I want in Smash are...
...:ultpikachu::ultjigglypuff::ultpichu::ultmewtwo::ultpokemontrainer::ultlucario::ultgreninja:...
I have no need for a new Pokéfighter

Last edited:

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
GAR-DE-VOIR! GAR-DE-VOIR! GAR-DE-VOIR!

Btw the command for "é" is Alt Gr+E (on Windows), if you wanna write "Pokémon" the right way. :laugh:
My iPhone automatically accents the é in Pokémon lel

Enchess

Smash Lord
I'm not sure why, but I also feel I wouldn't mind Gardevoir playable at all despite feeling like there are already more than enough Pokemon.

KMDP

Smash Legend
What's "Gr"?
Hmm... *checks Wikipedia*
"AltGr (also Alt Graph, or Right Alt) is a modifier key found on some computer keyboards and is primarily used to type characters that are unusual for the locale of the keyboard layout, such as currency symbols and accented letters."

It's the Alt Key on the right side of the Space Bar.

blackghost

Smash Champion

KMDP

Smash Legend
Hmm... *checks Wikipedia*
"AltGr (also Alt Graph, or Right Alt) is a modifier key found on some computer keyboards and is primarily used to type characters that are unusual for the locale of the keyboard layout, such as currency symbols and accented letters."

It's the Alt Key on the right side of the Space Bar.
It just occurred to me...

You have to go to the "Alt Right" to spell "Pokémon" correctly. :troll:
EDIT: Before anyone says anything, this is a joke. My political leanings are not alt-right.

Last edited:

GAINAX

Smash Journeyman
rool.jpg

If Heihachi gets announced this weekend at Evo, there could be something to this...

DarkFalcon

Smash Champion
Heihachi is from Tekken right? While it'd make sense to be revealed at EVO, I can't say it's what personally excites me.

lordvaati

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-4918-2392-4599
D

Deleted member

I think we will get a reveal during Evo 2018.
Some kind of reveal, it would set up the perfect hype.

I think we will get at least one character.

Enchess

Smash Lord
Heihachi doesn't really seem likely to me. He was already considered and turned down and unlike Ridley there was no outcry to reconsider.

On a side note, anyone else like me grow up playing Tekken in arcades and always associate Yoshimitsu and King with Tekken and have no idea who Heihachi was until recently?

Zinith

Yoshi is Thicc in S P I R I T
All around you, awaiting to consume your soul
Switch FC
SW-4624-0132-9722
Heihachi doesn't really seem likely to me. He was already considered and turned down and unlike Ridley there was no outcry to reconsider.

On a side note, anyone else like me grow up playing Tekken in arcades and always associate Yoshimitsu and King with Tekken and have no idea who Heihachi was until recently?
I used to play Tekken 3 all the time and spammed King, Eddie and Yoshimitsu

KMDP

Smash Legend
Heihachi is textbook "bandwagon" character. I've not heard any rumblings of him until a few weeks ago and it just seems like people expect him rather than want him...
Sounds about right.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609

He’s also old and ugly while Ridley is drop dead and be eaten alive gorgeous
Heihachi is textbook "bandwagon" character. I've not heard any rumblings of him until a few weeks ago and it just seems like people expect him rather than want him...
K Rool, Isabelle, Dixie, Simon, Heihachi, Shadow, Ashley...so many bandwagon characters for one game
I think we're good with Pokémon characters too, but i guess we'll find out what Sakurai's planning soon.
Besides, Pokémon can go through one Smash game without a newcomer (the main Mario series and Zelda did it, so Pokémon might aswell skip a game)

True Blue Warrior

Smash Hero
NNID
TrueBlueSM
3DS FC
2036-7619-4276

Eddy Gordo and Ling Xiaoyu are the two that stuck out to me the most when I was young.

Misery Brick

Smash Ace
NNID
miserybrick
3DS FC
0361-6354-4079
I have to say, you got me there. :laugh:

The Gen I pandering wouldn't be so bad if it was more Classic Pokémon Pandering.

As in, including Gen II in the fun.
The weird thing about it is that apparently you can also get the Alolan forms of Gen 1 Pokemon, which doesn't make a whole lot of sense given you're in Kanto.
Also, at the very least FRLG let you obtain Johto Pokemon and evolutions in the post game through the Sevii Islands, despite the main game being Kanto only. Which I'm betting that Let's Go won't have any remnants of that sadly.
When a Gen 1 remake in 2004 will have more post game content than one made in 2018
As for a possible Pokemon rep, it's actually really in the air. We have to consider a Gen 3 Pokemon given the release of ORAS and the timing of Smash's project plan, Sun and Moon being the 20th anniversary game and it's wide selection, or the push of Gen 1 Pokemon due to Game Freak's efforts over the past few years.
I just find that Gengar, of all Pokemon, being mentioned by multiple leakers is extremely odd.

Enchess

Smash Lord
K Rool, Isabelle, Dixie, Simon, Heihachi, Shadow, Ashley...so many bandwagon characters for one game
K Rool, Dixie, Simon, Shadow, and Ashley all have people who have really wanted them and expected them in previous speculation periods.

Isabelle I don't remember people talking about before, but there are definitely a lot who really are rooting for her.

Heihachi is the only of those that I haven't seen excitement for.

MargnetMan23

Smash Lord
I take the principled stance that Pokemon doesn't "need" a newcomer, but I like Pokemon and the character would probably be fun so I'm all for one.

KMDP

Smash Legend
K Rool, Isabelle, Dixie, Simon, Heihachi, Shadow, Ashley...so many bandwagon characters for one game)
K. Rool, Dixie, Ashley and Shadow (also Isaac) aren't really bandwagon characters because they've had large, dedicated fanbases for a very long time (at least since Brawl).

"Bandwagon" implies that the fans of those characters are of the fairweather variety, when after like, 10+ years of Support, they probably aren't.

Last edited:

Octavium

''Fear doesn't stop death, it stops life.''
Your retina to your occipital lobe as you read.
I get the feeling we might get Spring Man or Ribbon Girl before launch, they're switch exclusives. And there's no Arms representation in smash at all, despite literally being a Nintendo Switch Fighting game.

I believe Chun Li might be possible DLC.

Billybae10K

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-4311-5852-0528

Mhm. Yoshimitsu was always my preferred character. King, Eddy Gordo, pretty much the entire Tekken 3 cast, all classics. I never really found Heihachi to be that cool though as a kid. He was always just that annoying CPU fighter who tended to beat me as a kid.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Heihachi is hardly someone who interests me, however, I do agree using his Old design is a better idea. It's more iconic, and represents him better overall. Also looks honestly cooler to me.

Nightmare(Soul Calibur) interests me more, mind you. Same with Agumon and Lloyd Irving. No denying Heihachi is possible, though~

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom