• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
A few things:
  1. Peach's FS can be totally different and still spawn peaches.
  2. The update is the Smash Bomb hahaha 10/10

UserKev

Smash Champion
Why though?

The majority of series in Smash don't have their main antagonist playable.

Even excluding Single Character series, that still leaves Kirby, Fire Emblem, Pokemon, DK, Star Fox, and Kid Icarus. Which compared to Mario, Zelda, and Metroid, makes it a count of 6:3, and even then, that's only the case with Ultimate.

And even if you exclude Fire Emblem, which doesn't have a "main" antagonist due to the nature of its series, that still makes it 5:3.
It is strange. There's a clear bias to it. You'd think K. Rool would show up just to crash every DK introduction of Smash.

CaptainAmerica

Smash Master
NNID
TomOfHyrule
To everyone, which character would you like to see being revealed next?

Personally I would like Simon Belmont to be unveiled next just to end the Vergeben leak speculation.
Dovahkiin, of course. Then I can be happy with whatever else the game throws at me.

Seriously though, I’d hope K. Rool’s inbound so I can stop worrying.

And I’ll use that to segue into this leak discussion...

I think all leaks are fake until proven true, but the disappointing ones are always the ones that seem more plausible in the first place after Sm4sh. I gotta admit I’m a bit unsettled.

Still, making pretty well all of the major fan requests into ATs? Seems like a questionable choice. And it seems odd that this leaker would know no newcomers (save the ones Vergeben identified...hmm...) but know all of these assists. Like others have said, it’s a relatively safe choice for a Fighter of the Day, but how would they know when specific things are being posted as well? I thought the big thing this round was Sakurai compartmentalizing everything.

Seems fake, but a bit nerve wracking.

QUESTION

If there was a direct happening sometime in August, What kind of direct do you think it'll be?
I expect a full direct in August. The online service releases mid September, so we need info on that. Plus, Ninty tends to do E3 with one major game, so they need to talk about other non-Smash games as well. And end with a reveal.

I also expect a Smash direct - maybe like the 50-fact extravaganza - around Halloween. By then the game will be done and sent out for copying, and they can start considering DLC. Also, we have no information on other game modes, so that seems like the time. And character reveals as well.

So, the leak's dead?

Good, King K still has a chance.

If he was confirmed as an Assist, then I would probably just die.

(And then magically get revived on December 7, so that I can play this game still)

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
Welp, leak is kill.

Hopefully today’s leak session will provide a bit more substance so to speak

TheLastJinjo

Banned via Warnings
I'm a naive weenie, so I tweeted @Sora_Sakurai, about including Rock Pikmin as a sixth Pikmin pluck.
pict--arrow-loop-6-circles-circular-diagrams-vector-stencils-library.png

Rock Pikmin could be plenty unique. Bury opponents, break shields easily. I feel if Alph isn't going to be an echo fighter that makes use of unused Pikmin, and Olimar already has winged Pikmin, at least make it so that Olimar and Alph officially use ALL Pikmin. And it only makes sense for their to be six if he plucks three at a time.

EDIT: I'm not encouraging anyone to support me in tweeting Sora_Sakurai, not that this is something people would care enough to retweet about. I was hesitant to bother after those horrible people harassed him about Waluigi.

Last edited:

AlphaSSB

Bring Back Star Fox
3DS FC
0018-1370-8449
Switch FC
0691-1639-9303
To everyone, which character would you like to see being revealed next?

Personally I would like Simon Belmont to be unveiled next just to end the Vergeben leak speculation.
Slippy, since he's my most wanted newcomer, or Decidueye, since he's my second most wanted, and it'd be nice to put the 'Which Gen VII Pokemon' debates to rest.

Mc.Rad

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-0842-4814-1315
I'm a naive weenie, so I tweeted @Sora_Sakurai, about including Rock Pikmin as a sixth Pikmin pluck.
Kinda sad that Waluigi Stans had to spam his Twitter, the man already works so hard on these games and I really want him to take a break to be honest. He's like 60 now... :sadeyes:

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Kirby has Dedede

Pokémon has Mewtwo and Kid Icarus has Dark Pit for some kind of antagonist.
Dark Pit doesn’t really work as any kind of antagonist compared to his simple Vegeta like role as he never really does anything evil (closest thing is trying to be better than Pit, which is more of a Vegeta hero thing than a villain)

Mc.Rad

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-0842-4814-1315
Wasn't the "Miyamoto doesn't like DKC ('cause graphics)" thing a misconception?
Yeah... but there's some other things like the whole "trying to get away from Rare DK with DK Jungle Beat" and the fact that DK on the box art is Miyamoto's DK and not Rare DK

TheLastJinjo

Banned via Warnings
Kinda sad that Waluigi Stans had to spam his Twitter, the man already works so hard on these games and I really want him to take a break to be honest. He's like 60 now... :sadeyes:
Well, I don't recommend anyone actually tweet him. This was just itching in the back of my head. It's unlikely he would see or care about my tweet.

Rosalinatehplumber

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Mariotrains
Switch FC
2537-5587-9586
Did any Mewtwo fans or Ridley fans send Sakurai threats when they were deconfirmed?

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Most people wanted it to be fake because of K. Rool.

I wanted it fake because it disconfirmed Chrom AND Celica in throwaway comments. :p

wildvine47

Smash Ace
So with that out of the way, are there any other "leaks" kicking around not disconfirmed? Who's the guy who trawls 4chan for leaks again?

Impa4Smash

Smash Lord
Why though?

The majority of series in Smash don't have their main antagonist playable.

Even excluding Single Character series, that still leaves Kirby, Fire Emblem, Pokemon, DK, Star Fox, and Kid Icarus. Which compared to Mario, Zelda, and Metroid, makes it a count of 6:3, and even then, that's only the case with Ultimate.

And even if you exclude Fire Emblem, which doesn't have a "main" antagonist due to the nature of its series, that still makes it 5:3.
But Kirby, Star Fox, and Kid Icarus all have playable antagonistic characters in King Dedede/Meta Knight, Wolf, and Dark Pit

Maybe main was too specific of a word to use in my arguement. Point is most major series have a playable antagonistic character, and if not they aren’t assist trophies (it’s not like Medusa and Dark Matter are ATs at the moment)

Mc.Rad

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-0842-4814-1315
So with that out of the way, are there any other "leaks" kicking around not disconfirmed? Who's the guy who trawls 4chan for leaks again?
tehponycorn is that guy, but we got a good one that's got a lot of things backing it. It's the August Direct leak that so many people are copying, but yeah

KMDP

Smash Legend
Being an antagonist =/= being evil
Something I posted last week...
It depends on what you mean by "villain". An Antagonist doesn't necessarily have to be Villainous, just opposed to the Protagonist in some way.
If anyone's wondering how I pulled the quote so fast, I keep some of my posts bookmarked, especially if I put a lot of effort into writing them.

Last edited:

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
If anyone's wondering how I pulled the quote so fast, I keep some of my posts bookmarked, especially if I put a lot of effort into writing them.
I have that one post where I was commenting on the unseen final smashes in my signature just in case I get to rub people's noses in it one day

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom