• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
His reason was that she wasn't a fighter, but outside of being mind controlled in TP and through Sheik Zelda's themselves aren't fighters. BotW Zelda, like Shiek and Tetra, was more part of the action than other Zelda's and "being a researcher" didn't stop her from sealing away Ganon with the full triforce. What Idon said could be the reason why she wasn't chosen.
Thing is BOTW Zelda has two different kinds of “dresses” and snow gear that could’ve easily been used
5D8DF130-9C59-4ED8-A1C7-0E95E3026ADB.jpeg
...but they still went with ALBW

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Most excited for cut character?

Wolf and Pichu. Snake is definitely up there, though. Wolf is my Brawl main, and I loved Pichu in Melee. Pikachu just felt way off from Smash 64, but Pichu somehow felt better to me. Not sure why, just did.

Gengar84

Smash Hero
One character I think would be really interesting that I've never seen mentioned is Sarah Kerrigan from Starcraft. Starcraft is probably the biggest eligible Blizzard franchise thanks to Starcraft 64. I think she's an iconic character that could have a unique moveset and represent a whole genre of game. She could work well as a summoner type character spawning units like Hydralisks, Zerglings, and Lurkers. I'm working on a complete move set for her and might start a support thread for her in the future.

Last edited:

Imadethistoseealeak

Smash Champion
So BOTW Link on the Master Cycle was just revealed as a free Mario Kart dlc update, it's on YouTube.

Why does this matter? Don't think they would reveal it if there was gunna be a direct in a few days with Mario Kart dlc....yea that "leak" is pretty much dead to me.

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
Damn, speaking of the Master Cycle, I really wished it in one of his victory animations.

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
Wipe me when Rayman gets revealed
1528151421263.gif

---
Side note, I do find it rather interesting that they wouldn't save the new Mario Kart update through a Direct. I believe there's a small handful of leaks that have about 24 hours to live at this point. Should be an interesting few days.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
I think Bewear means that we have now had an update on every new Pokemon shown at E3, right?

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609

KMDP

Smash Legend
>Arle is in smash
>her reveal trailer is done with plush toys

The Arle Smash reveal is used as a vehicle to sell large Smash Bros. Plush Toys with NFC cards inside as a new form of Amiibo.

Everybody's wallets cry in agony.

Last edited:

NonSpecificGuy

The Extraordinary is in What We Do
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
I think the Free Update thing makes it more likely there's more to come in MK8 . Like obviously they're not going to release that as DLC but why would you stop with just that little bit of content? There's definitely more coming.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Speaking of Pokemon, will we get a new Pokemon Rep or is Pichu and Trainer returning our lot?

I've started up a few support threads on ones I thought could make it (and who haven't been taken), one sadly debunked. They're in my sig if anyone wants in on those conversations.

Ones I support that aren't listed below are Gardevoir, Blaziken, Lilligant, Mimikyu and the Alola starters

SmashBros50

Smash Apprentice
Fellas, who's a character that if they were announced as a newcomer, you would absolutely lose your mind over while everyone else would be more neutral and calm about? For me it'd definitely be Toad/Captain Toad. I've been waiting 10 years for this to happen pls Sakurai :(

AlphaSSB

Bring Back Star Fox
3DS FC
0018-1370-8449
Switch FC
0691-1639-9303
Cut characters we're most excited to see again.

Well, first place obviously goes to Wolf. I owned the Wolf Support Thread for over a year, and currently own the Social. Very happy he's finally returned.

Then Pokemon Trainer. Didn't realize how much I really wanted Pokemon Trainer to return until I saw them.

Followed by Snake. My desire to see him diminished greatly the more 3rd Parties were added, but I'm glad that he's back nonetheless.

Then there's the Ice Climbers. Even though I never play as them, it was sad to see them go due to technical limitations.

Pichu is actually a character I like seeing again. Hopefully there's some more changes to him that'll make him more different from Pikachu.

Lastly, Young Link. Nothing against him, but three Links? Really hoping there's at least some differences between Young and Toon Link.

RandomAce

Smash Champion
Fellas, who's a character that if they were announced as a newcomer, you would absolutely lose your mind over while everyone else would be more neutral and calm about? For me it'd definitely be Toad/Captain Toad. I've been waiting 10 years for this to happen pls Sakurai :(
Lycanroc?

Most people here are usually neutral on them but I would be estatic if he was revealed.

Oh and for that cut veteran thing:

:ultwolf:: Is by far the character I’m excited the most. He was one of the characters I wanted back and he seems to be changed up the most. But he wasn’t in the E3 build so it’s obvious that they’re tuning up and improving his model and he is the one with the most changes to him. I feel that he is practically a newcomer at this point due to how much he changed unlike the other veterans. I’ll sure main him.

:ultsnake:: I’m also excited to play as Snake. Played as him ever since and have been hoping since then.

:ultpokemontrainer:: Haven’t realized how much I wanted him until now.

Last edited:

Zinith

Yoshi is Thicc in S P I R I T
All around you, awaiting to consume your soul
Switch FC
SW-4624-0132-9722
I have made my stance on who'd that character would so thoroughly, someone reading this thread could probably answer that question for me just as well as I could

Roberk

Smash Champion
When people said that characters like Young Link and Pichu would never come back.

Not to me.png

Gengar84

Smash Hero
He has literally no chance but I would love to see Zegram Ghart from Rogue Galaxy. I don't think enough people know the game to really care but he's one if my favorite game characters ever.

Last edited:

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
An SMT protagonist.

Well, no, I would lose my mind, and the 8 other people here would be mildly excited.

Crap-Zapper

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3540-1100-9470
So, which Cut Character are y'all most excited for? Young Link for me.
Definently Ivysaur. I felt like one of the only ones who cheered on the posible return of Ivy and her friend, Squirtle.
When I saw Pokémon Trainer return, I was incredibly happy! Ivy was finally coming home, and I can't wait to try her out, and main her even further!

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Brian from Quest 64 of course. Few fans, sure, but the severe majority wouldn't really be excited. Though maybe Fulgore could be a better example, as I could see some rage against an irrelevant and obscure 3rd party from a game that did poorly. It's not like with Geno who is severely popular either.

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
I think the Free Update thing makes it more likely there's more to come in MK8 . Like obviously they're not going to release that as DLC but why would you stop with just that little bit of content? There's definitely more coming.
This seems more a skin on Link though, so IDK if to expect much because of how relatively low-effort this thing must had been to do:

Zinith

Yoshi is Thicc in S P I R I T
All around you, awaiting to consume your soul
Switch FC
SW-4624-0132-9722
This seems more a skin on Link though, so IDK if to expect much because of how relatively low-effort this thing must had been to do:

The bike would be a brand new vehicle though, right?

Those are knitted dolls made of Yarn, I'm talking about Plushies. Sewn dolls made of Cloth and Cotton
I have that exact plushy.

Last edited:

SmashingXan2

Smash Journeyman
Sub-Zero from Mortal Kombat

Crap-Zapper

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3540-1100-9470

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
The bike would be a brand new vehicle though, right?

I have that exact plushy.

Yes to the both of you...but this is still cool to have

Next Door Dog

Smash Apprentice
Definently Ivysaur. I felt like one of the only ones who cheered on the posible return of Ivy and her friend, Squirtle.
When I saw Pokémon Trainer return, I was incredibly happy! Ivy was finally coming home, and I can't wait to try her out, and main her even further!
I'm definitely happy to see Ivysaur back, she's my favorite of the three. I'm not that crazy about Squirtle, he always just seemed like he'd be more fun in a game with heavier physics.

As for the cut character I'm most excited for? Probably Snake, as he's the only one I particularly used of the cut characters. But I'm excited for all of them, either to play as or against/with. It's really cool that Young Link is back, but I get the sneaking suspicion he'll end up the worst of the 3 (less melee range than Link, probably not as much as a zoner as Toon Link). I hope he's good though, since he's the most classic of the three in my eyes.

AlphaSSB

Bring Back Star Fox
3DS FC
0018-1370-8449
Switch FC
0691-1639-9303
I hope that's the case. There's so much they could add to MK8D.

I'd kill to see Star Fox crossover into Mario Kart. Fox with a Landmaster as a kart and the Arwing/Walker as a bike. Maybe even add in Falco or Wolf with his Wolfen. Not to mention the unlimited potential for a course in a supposed Lylat Cup.

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
Brian from Quest 64 of course. Few fans, sure, but the severe majority wouldn't really be excited. Though maybe Fulgore could be a better example, as I could see some rage against an irrelevant and obscure 3rd party from a game that did poorly. It's not like with Geno who is severely popular either.
Well to be fair, the reboot did quite well and still has a niche following to this day.
Far better than what happened to something like MvCI or whichever NRS game isn't currently in vogue.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom