• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

CaptainAmerica

Smash Master
NNID
TomOfHyrule
Taking a moment to give a shout-out to whoever made all these stock icons I've been seeing, really superb work, they almost all look authentic. There's even ones for obscure character choices that I'd never even considered, like the Skyrim guy. Really impressive.
Thanks! I made mine mostly by editing the official ones from the website. I even tried to make a mockup of the UI in the bottom of the screen for a few characters I wanted. Dovahkiin's got that extra bar based on the new moveset I made for him here which you should totally check out and give feedback on :awesome:
Dovahkiin Icon.png
K.RoolIcon.png

( splat splat Mario & Sonic Guy Mario & Sonic Guy I used your stock icon for K.Rool, thanks!)

I will say, I wasn't really considering Dovahkiin until someone commented it on the Switch announcement trailer since Skyrim got ported. Pity - that means I didn't get to vote him in the ballot...
Here's something worth talking about. A pretty big gaming site in Japan just held an actual poll. As in, not PushDustin going around 2chan and Twitter and writing names down.

Here's the Top 5:
  1. Rex (Xenoblade Chronicles 2)
  2. Bandana Waddle Dee (Kirby)
  3. Springman (ARMS)
  4. King K. Rool (Donkey Kong)
  5. Sora (Kingdom Hearts)
And the Honorable Mentions (in no particular order):
  • 2B (Nier)
  • Sans (Undertale)
  • Ashley (WarioWare)
  • Karate Joe (Rhythm Heaven)
  • Crash Bandicoot (Crash Bandicoot)
  • Geno (Super Mario)
  • Decidueye (Pokemon)
  • Mimikyu (Pokemon)
  • Steve (Minecraft)
  • Slime (Dragon Quest)
  • Sephiroth (Final Fantasy)
  • Noctis (Final Fantasy)
  • Dixie Kong (Donkey Kong)
  • Banjo and Kazooie (Banjo-Kazooie)
  • Monster Hunter (Monster Hunter)
  • Marx (Kirby)
  • Ray (Custom Robo)
  • Waluigi (Mario)
  • Goku (Dragon Ball)
  • Raiden (Metal Gear)
Thoughts?
This is interesting. We always want to consider K. Rool popular in Japan, so hopefully that carries him in. We've talked at length about how Rex and Spring Man may be too recent for Smash without DLC, but they do seem like locks there.

Can't say I'm too excited about most of the others personally, but there are a few things I think are interesting that contradict things we go on at length about...
  • Decidueye (Pokemon)
  • Mimikyu (Pokemon)
One of the common Deci arguments is that he has such low popularity - Rowlet's winning - and Lycanroc is huge in the anime. Yet this is the popular set of Pokémon...
  • Goku (Dragon Ball)
...Am I the only one who can really see this happening here. If they're billing this as Smash Ultimate, this is the next curveball they could throw us... Not sure how I feel about that. Same thing if Sora gets in and brings the Disney crew.
Or give me Dovahkiin and I won't care who else is in...

Demonfunds

Smash Journeyman
I'm dying waiting for the update so here's another game while we pray for the new track to tide us over for the week.

Pick your favorite newcomers you want based on their color (main or secondary color)! My list:
Red - Ashley / Celica
Blue - Bandana Dee
Green - Linkle
Yellow - Zeraora / Mythra
Purple - Hilda (LBW)
Orange - Goku Infernape
White - Amaterasu / 2B
Black - Shadow
Brown - Sora Just Monika
Pink - Yarn Kirby / Lip
Red- Ashley
Blue- Geno
Green - king k rool
yellow - Isabelle
Purple - Hilda

Orange - Skull kid
White - 2B
Black - Dark dark pit
Brown- Hero's shade
Pink - Tiki

Imadethistoseealeak

Smash Champion
Here's something worth talking about. A pretty big gaming site in Japan just held an actual poll. As in, not PushDustin going around 2chan and Twitter and writing names down.

Here's the Top 5:
  3. Springman (ARMS)
  5. Sora (Kingdom Hearts)
  • 2B (Nier)
  • Sans (Undertale)
  • Ashley (WarioWare)
  • Geno (Super Mario)
  • Decidueye (Pokemon)
  • Mimikyu (Pokemon)
  • Steve (Minecraft)
  • Slime (Dragon Quest)
  • Noctis (Final Fantasy)
  • Marx (Kirby)
  • Ray (Custom Robo)
  • Waluigi (Mario)
  • Goku (Dragon Ball)
  • Raiden (Metal Gear)
Thoughts?
So apparently a Japanese news outlet held a poll for their readers about what characters they'd like to see in Smash Bros. Here's the article, and here's their Top 5:
  1. Rex
  2. Bandana Dee
  3. Springman
  4. King K. Rool
  5. Sora
THIS MEANS THAT SORA HAS A CHANCE.

Edit: Dang @NeonBurrito with the :ultgreninja:

Still.

THIS MEANS THAT SORA HAS A CHANCE.

They also held a questionnaire about Echo Fighters, and surprise surprise, the top 5 are:
  1. Shadow
  2. Chrom
  3. Ken
  4. Jeanne
  5. Dark Samus
Wait I just noticed in neither of the two polls is Isabelle listed, even as an honorable mention.

Her popularity, especially in Japan, is usually cited as a good reason to expect her, but detractors usually can't see her as a fighter, saying she's too peaceful.

Since she couldn't make it in a poll that's quasi fan want quasi expectation, is this a way of saying Japanese players don't expect to see her as a fighter? Surprised honestly.

OH yeah and Mimikyu being one of the two honroabale mention Pokemon brings me great satisfaction. Just glad Lycanroc and Inceniroar aren't there.

Last edited:

Lasatar

Smash Apprentice
Just so you all know I added in Cyan for a color so all the Yoshi colors are represented (also so I can list both Boshi and Mike Jones at the same time :grin:)
Well, Cyan is technically a primary colour, so I see no problem here.

(inb4 replace Pink with Magenta to be more faithful to the colour wheel)

Logo12

Smash Lord
Somewhere without a Smash community. Send hlep

Here's the Top 5:
  3. Springman (ARMS)
  5. Sora (Kingdom Hearts)
  • 2B (Nier)
  • Sans (Undertale)
  • Ashley (WarioWare)
  • Geno (Super Mario)
  • Decidueye (Pokemon)
  • Mimikyu (Pokemon)
  • Steve (Minecraft)
  • Slime (Dragon Quest)
  • Noctis (Final Fantasy)
  • Marx (Kirby)
  • Ray (Custom Robo)
  • Waluigi (Mario)
  • Goku (Dragon Ball)
  • Raiden (Metal Gear)
Thoughts?
I'm not entirely sure about this, but isn't that a prediction poll or something?

FurretBro

Smash Apprentice
NNID
FurretBro

Here's the Top 5:
  3. Springman (ARMS)
  5. Sora (Kingdom Hearts)
  • 2B (Nier)
  • Sans (Undertale)
  • Ashley (WarioWare)
  • Geno (Super Mario)
  • Decidueye (Pokemon)
  • Mimikyu (Pokemon)
  • Steve (Minecraft)
  • Slime (Dragon Quest)
  • Noctis (Final Fantasy)
  • Marx (Kirby)
  • Ray (Custom Robo)
  • Waluigi (Mario)
  • Goku (Dragon Ball)
  • Raiden (Metal Gear)
Thoughts?
>Sans
>Japan

TumblrFamous

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW-8429-6803-3691
Geez, all this Geno and Waddle Dee fighting.

Do some of y'all just get off on arguing for the sake of arguing?

"I really like Geno, I really like Waddle Dee. But they're irrelevant/generic/unpopular and anything you say is stupid".

It's one thing to look critically at your wanted characters and apply a sense of realism, but it's a whole other ballgame when it just appears that you just want to cause fights and drama in the thread.

Anyway, I saw Sora a few pages back. I'd love Sora to appear (probably as DLC) and I'd be more than fine with it just being him with appearances from Riku and Kairi. Getting Donald and Goofy would probably be a licensing nightmare.

Last edited:

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend

Here's the Top 5:
  3. Springman (ARMS)
  5. Sora (Kingdom Hearts)
  • 2B (Nier)
  • Sans (Undertale)
  • Ashley (WarioWare)
  • Geno (Super Mario)
  • Decidueye (Pokemon)
  • Mimikyu (Pokemon)
  • Steve (Minecraft)
  • Slime (Dragon Quest)
  • Noctis (Final Fantasy)
  • Marx (Kirby)
  • Ray (Custom Robo)
  • Waluigi (Mario)
  • Goku (Dragon Ball)
  • Raiden (Metal Gear)
Thoughts?
Pretty good choices across the board. It warms my heart to see that Japan still cares about Crash, if to a limited extent. Plus people remember Ray!

However, wouldn't Frisk need to get in before Sans? Third-Party protags are top priority.

Did they mention how many voters they had? It would be nice to know how large a sample size it is.

With that said, while most of these characters wouldn't be out of place within the western community, it's interesting to see characters like 2B, Noctis, Monster hunter and the like have a good amount of popularity within that crowd. It's also surprising that Sans is a notable request over there as well, particularly since there's not a lot of other western based franchises and no other indie titles aside from him (unless you count Minecraft).
Unfortunately not. There's lots of mentions about the top picks getting "many" votes, along with the runner ups getting "relatively many votes at once," but I haven't seen a defined sample size. For the time being, it's good to take this with a grain of salt or two because of that.

Undertale is actually pretty popular in Japan. In terms of western indies, Sans and especially Minecraft Steve are pretty well known, while on the other hand, most people over there have absolutely no clue what a Shovel Knight or a Shantae is.
That's the power of Japanese releases. That said, even Shantae has more recognition over there than SK.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
What are your current thoughts on Simon Belmont? I'm starting to think he might not be in.
Expecting Simon in the base game is a long stretch. DLC is the other option, but considering that Bomberman got the Assist Trophy treatment, the same fate could happen to Simon as well. At worst, he doesn't appear at all.

DJ3DS

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0602-6256-9118
I just don't want Sakurai to make his newcomer choices based purely on popularity and the ballot.
Really? Because after the disappointment that was the Smash 4 newcomer roster, that's the only thing I want.

Cosmic77

Smash Hero
Switch FC
2166-0541-5238

Here's the Top 5:
  3. Springman (ARMS)
  5. Sora (Kingdom Hearts)
  • 2B (Nier)
  • Sans (Undertale)
  • Ashley (WarioWare)
  • Geno (Super Mario)
  • Decidueye (Pokemon)
  • Mimikyu (Pokemon)
  • Steve (Minecraft)
  • Slime (Dragon Quest)
  • Noctis (Final Fantasy)
  • Marx (Kirby)
  • Ray (Custom Robo)
  • Waluigi (Mario)
  • Goku (Dragon Ball)
  • Raiden (Metal Gear)
Thoughts?
It's interesting, to be sure. If this isn't a prediction list, then I'm glad to see Bandana Dee and Spring Man are still extremely popular in Japan. Beating out K. Rool is pretty impressive.

I'll take this list with a grain of salt though. Popularity is constantly changing, and how popular a character is in July 2018 isn't as noteworthy as how popular a character was two or three years ago.

OH yeah and Mimikyu being one of the two honroabale mention Pokemon brings me great satisfaction. Just glad Lycanroc and Inceniroar aren't there.
:rolleyes:

Careful now. You wouldn't want your bad karma getting Mimikyu disconfirmed as a Pokeball Pokemon, would you?

Staarih

Smash Master
I'm not entirely sure about this, but isn't that a prediction poll or something?
Yeah, apparently the poll was asking who they expect to be included, rather than who they actually want. But I think in order to expect a character (especially someone like K. Rool), there must be some degree of "want" behind it as well.

But I like the results. I'm (too) am definitely expecting Rex (and/or Pyra) and Spring Man among the first DLC characters if not in the base roster. I've also witnessed the Kirby craze in Japan with it being, like, everywhere, so Bandanna Dee is not surprising. Geno & Mimikyu getting honorable mentions - cool. I'm lowkey excited to see Sans up there too - Undertale was a hit in Japan and I'm eager to see how the game will sell on the Switch over there later this year.

P.Kat

Smash Champion
Sora as a character isn't really influenced by Disney besides in his basic design. His fighting style and moveset are his own, so I wouldn't really expect him to have much Disney influence if any at all.

Just having Sora in the game I enough for me. I think him being there is the most important thing. He is the crossover between Square Enix and Disney in of himself, and him being in Smash Bros. shows an official recognition of that.
I could imagine his Final Smash (with how they are right now) being Session (his limit with Riku in KH2) or Ragnarok.

Can we get Axel as an assist trophy though? That'd be great.
Yeah it's all up to Nomura, and how he feels the fans feel about it, so Sora has much of a chance as anyone:)

As long as Sora gets into the game, it wouldn't bother me if he came with little to no Disney influence, Donald and Goofy aren't needed for his drive forms, they just leave temporarily otherwise Sora would be OP having both his drive forms and his friends, so they could implement them in his moveset somehow or make them alt costumes.

It also would be nice if Riku and Kairi could cameo in some form though like maybe his victory screen or dare I say become alts, either one is nice. Also having Axel as an Assist Trophy is genius and makes so much sense extra points to the team if
they give him his keyblade
. Destiny Island, Traverse Town or Twilight Town is a must in terms of stages. And also *takes deep breathe*

Sorry for rambling, BIG, BIG KH fan (currently awaiting the day that KH 1.5, 2.5, 2.8, and 3 all make it to Switch).

Last edited:

Jetsurge

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-2536-8732-7990
Anyone else feeling Skull Kid right now? He has always been a highly requested character, the Zelda reps have moved beyond being all from one set game and maybe they are saving Young Link's final smash to have Fierce Diety face off against Skull Kid in his trailer.

Also recently Zelda has been celebrating characters from all it's history more with HW and the BOTW costumes. And don't forget MM 3D released the same year the project plan was made and Skull Kid in Hyrule Warriors was also revealed that year.

MSmariosonic

Smash Hero
NNID
kidtendo1996
3DS FC
3566-1932-7732
Switch FC
SW 0383 4539 4118
Really? Because after the disappointment that was the Smash 4 newcomer roster, that's the only thing I want.
If choices in smash are made solely on popularity we'd have a pretty straight forward roster and we would've never seen characters like Ryu, Snake or Jigglypuff (kinda biased here). But seeing as Waluigi is still an assist trophy i'm kinda betting on popularity not being a priority.

Also really? I really enjoyed the newcomer roster of ssb4 especially the 3rd parties.

osby

Smash Obsessed
I just don't want Sakurai to make his newcomer choices based purely on popularity and the ballot.
Don't worry he doesn't. Even if a character is popular, it's up to Sakurai, whether or not they can add an interesting moveset to the roster. (Or if they can be clones).

Personally, I found the last game's newcomers an enjoyable mix of bizarre and popular picks, so I wouldn't object if we get a few more popular characters. First trio seemed to be chosen primarily out of fan requests but I'm sure Sakurai would add one or two characters noone saw coming.

Fenriraga

You have the strength to overcome your destiny!
Writing Team
NNID
DarkAura
Anyone else feeling Skull Kid right now? He has always been a highly requested character, the Zelda reps have moved beyond being all from one set game and maybe they are saving Young Link's final smash to have Fierce Diety face off against Skull Kid in his trailer.

Also recently Zelda has been celebrating characters from all it's history more with HW and the BOTW costumes. And don't forget MM 3D released the same year the project plan was made and Skull Kid in Hyrule Warriors was also revealed that year.
Honestly, I feel like the wider celebration of Zelda's history is pointing towards no new Zelda rep again. I'd love to be wrong, though.

True Blue Warrior

Smash Hero
NNID
TrueBlueSM
3DS FC
2036-7619-4276
Not to be that "I did it first guy", but I've brought up Glover as a potential character twice, so you're not alone haha.

The difference between Geno and K. Rool is that K. Rool has semi recent appearances that aren't just cameos, like Barrel Blast and Jungle Climber. Saying K. Rool is a retro rep because his first appearance was in a similar time frame to Geno's would also make anyone who first appeared on the NES or SNES retro (ie. Mario, Link, Samus, etc).
Recent appearance doesn't discount you from being a "retro rep" even within the context of Smash since the Excitebiker was considered as an NES-era represenative in Melee despite the existence of Exitebike 64 especially since it was revealed on May 12th, 1999, the same year the Melee roster was finalised.

And you've just highlighted the problem with the arbitrary concept of a "retro rep" since by normal usage, anything from the past, regardless of whether it has a recent appearance or not, would be qualified as something retro. It's only based off Smash fan rules that a "retro rep" requires no recent major appearance in order to be "retro" despite not actually fitting normal usage of the term nor even being reflective an actual rule Sakurai has made. It's all fan-made.

If Smash 4's project plan was devised a couple years earlier Zoroark probably would have been playable in Smash, and even just a year earlier he likely still could have gotten in over his gen 5 competitors.
Is Smash 4's project plan was devised exactly two years earlier, Isaac would have also been more likely.

Here's the Top 5:
  3. Springman (ARMS)
  5. Sora (Kingdom Hearts)
  • 2B (Nier)
  • Sans (Undertale)
  • Ashley (WarioWare)
  • Geno (Super Mario)
  • Decidueye (Pokemon)
  • Mimikyu (Pokemon)
  • Steve (Minecraft)
  • Slime (Dragon Quest)
  • Noctis (Final Fantasy)
  • Marx (Kirby)
  • Ray (Custom Robo)
  • Waluigi (Mario)
  • Goku (Dragon Ball)
  • Raiden (Metal Gear)
Thoughts?
Interesting.

You can start calling Bandana Waddle Dee a "hat goomba" when he stops being marketed and receiving major roles.
A "Hat Goomba" already exists as an actual Mario character.

Since we're getting less newcomers than before, it satisfies far more people in general by only focusing on characters that are popular, since there won't be that many newcomers in the base roster as opposed to putting in a curveball character for the sake of it.

Last edited:

CaptainAmerica

Smash Master
NNID
TomOfHyrule
I'm dying waiting for the update so here's another game while we pray for the new track to tide us over for the week.

Pick your favorite newcomers you want based on their color (main or secondary color)! My list:
Red - Ashley / Celica
Blue - Bandana Dee
Green - Linkle
Purple - Hilda (LBW)
Orange - Goku Infernape
White - Amaterasu / 2B
Black - Shadow
Brown - Sora Just Monika
Pink - Yarn Kirby / Lip
Sounds fun! Problem is most of my favorites are humanoid so don't fit well...

Red - Urbosa (her hair, at least)
Blue - Azura (hair)
Green - K. Rool
Yellow - ...uhhh....Shiny Arcanine?
Purple - Skull Kid...among other colors
Orange - Tails
White - Ivy Valentine (her hair and one costume in SCIII)
Black - Midna
Brown - Dovahkiin
Pink - Spring Man (gloves and pads)

osby

Smash Obsessed
If choices in smash are made solely on popularity we'd have a pretty straight forward roster and we would've never seen characters like Ryu, Snake or Jigglypuff (kinda biased here). But seeing as Waluigi is still an assist trophy i'm kinda betting on popularity not being a priority.

Also really? I really enjoyed the newcomer roster of ssb4 especially the 3rd parties.
I also liked Smash For's newcomers but Daisy, Inkling and Ridley are all big requests, so it seems this game going to that direction.

EDIT: Just noticed Ridley was a huge deal in west and Inklings in Japan, with Daisy having less but more balanced popularity. Interesting.

Last edited:

Cosmic77

Smash Hero
Switch FC
2166-0541-5238
I like a balance of popular and unexpected characters. Those Villager and Mega Man reveals are satisfying and exciting, but I almost feel like the random Wii Fit Trainer reveals are even better. It makes you stop and say, "Woah! I never would've predicted this character in a thousand years!"

osby

Smash Obsessed
I like a balance of popular and unexpected characters. Those Villager and Mega Man reveals are satisfying and exciting, but I almost feel like the random Wii Fit Trainer reveals are even better. It makes you stop and say, "Woah! I never would've predicted this character in a thousand years!"
That's why I hope for a curveball fighter despite limited newcomers. I like being reminded how broad the term "video game character" is.

True Blue Warrior

Smash Hero
NNID
TrueBlueSM
3DS FC
2036-7619-4276
Reminder that you can have characters that are curveballs and popular. Daisy is an example of this and if it weren't for Vergeben, Ridley would have absolutely been this as well.

Lasatar

Smash Apprentice
Assuming there's going to be another few reveals, there will almost certainly be a WTF character that nobody saw coming and/or nobody believed they could fit into Smash. It's happened in both Brawl and Smash 4, so it'll probably happen again.

As for who it'd be? I have no idea. That's why it's a WTF fighter.

Imadethistoseealeak

Smash Champion
It's interesting, to be sure. If this isn't a prediction list, then I'm glad to see Bandana Dee and Spring Man are still extremely popular in Japan. Beating out K. Rool is pretty impressive.

I'll take this list with a grain of salt though. Popularity is constantly changing, and how popular a character is in July 2018 isn't as noteworthy as how popular a character was two or three years ago.

:rolleyes:

Careful now. You wouldn't want your bad karma getting Mimikyu disconfirmed as a Pokeball Pokemon, would you?
Honestly the only bad karama reaction that would ruin me right now is Sakurai changing his mind on Ridley, and I think I'd need a lot more bad karma lol.

Lasatar

Smash Apprentice
Oh, and while we're on the topic of "hat goombas", let me point out that Captain Goomba would actually make a pretty interesting fighter in Smash who could fight by rallying all the different Mario enemies.

osby

Smash Obsessed
Reminder that you can have characters that are curveballs and popular. Daisy is an example of this and if it weren't for Vergeben, Ridley would have absolutely been this as well.
Sure. But I was rather talking about characters like Duck Hunt or R.O.B., generally eliciting a "is this allowed?" reaction from the fans. I happen to be fond of those types of characters.

KMDP

Smash Legend
My response to waking up to all the Waddle Dee racism.

Red - Ashley / Celica
Blue - Bandana Dee
Green - Linkle
Purple - Hilda (LBW)
Orange - Goku Infernape
White - Amaterasu / 2B
Black - Shadow
Brown - Sora Just Monika
Pink - Yarn Kirby / Lip
Here's my picks based on colour:
Red - Ashley
Blue - Nightmare
Green - Alm Lyn Linkle
Yellow - Isaac
Purple - Vaati
Orange - Miles "Tails" Prower
White - Tifa Lockhart
Black - Shadow
Brown - ...Crash Bandicoot? Orange is just a lighter brown, right?
Pink - Celica
Cyan - Lana
Grey - Sephiroth

DJ3DS

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0602-6256-9118

I see your point in Jigglypuff, but Ryu and Snake are very popular characters, even if they weren't heavily speculated on before they were added.

And yeah, I found Smash 4 a massively disappointing roster, especially after Brawl. Compared to the 5+ characters I was really excited to see there, Smash 4 didn't give me a single one I was particularly excited to see until DLC (Ryu) whilst removing an old main at the same time.

Ultimate has already matched that with Ridley for me. Inkling's not a character I have any attachment to but I'd very happily take her over anime protagonist #629 and whilst I'm not likely to play as Daisy that much (prefer Peach anyway) I can appreciate her more than either of the other two echos.

- - -

I should clarify I do actually like Sakurai's weirder choices - ROB is my main, ICs was my old main, and G&W and DHD are both great characters. It's the overall flavour of the Smash 4 roster I didn't like and would prefer more of a bias towards classic, heavy hitter characters (like Ridley, K Rool, Dixie, Toad, etc) this time round.

Last edited:

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666

Red - Ashley / Celica
Blue - Bandana Dee
Green - Linkle
Purple - Hilda (LBW)
Orange - Goku Infernape
White - Amaterasu / 2B
Black - Shadow
Brown - Sora Just Monika
Pink - Yarn Kirby / Lip
Going slightly out of order here:

Yellow - Twintelle (RIP Fiora)
Pink - Dixie Kong
Orange - Bandana Dee
Red - Elma
Black - Simon
Blue - Rex & Pyra
Green - K. Rool
Purple - Chrom
Brown - Isaac...?
White - no idea

Last edited:

osby

Smash Obsessed
I see your point in Jigglypuff, but Ryu and Snake are very popular characters, even if they weren't heavily speculated on before they were added.

And yeah, I found Smash 4 a massively disappointing roster, especially after Brawl. Compared to the 5+ characters I was really excited to see there, Smash 4 didn't give me a single one I was particularly excited to see until DLC (Ryu) whilst removing an old main at the same time.

Ultimate has already matched that with Ridley for me. Inkling's not a character I have any attachment to but I'd very happily take her over anime protagonist #629 and whilst I'm not likely to play as Daisy that much (prefer Peach anyway) I can appreciate her more than either of the other two echos.
Each to their own but I fail to see what makes Daisy more deserving appreciation compared to echoes debuted in Smash for.

EDIT: Also with so many characters in the roster, it's not easy to put characters that will be everyone's most wanted.

Also, sorry if you don't like anime, but we probably will get a Pokémon newcomer.

Last edited:

NintenRob

Rising YouTuber
Writing Team
NNID
trpdm.wilton

I'm probably REALLY bias yeah I'm with tag. It feels like the Stars are aligning for Skull Kid with the timing of the remake and the survival of the first big wave of deconfirmations. While competition Midna and Tingle were taken out.

He's honestly our best bet I reckon outside of an Impa echo fighter

Cosmic77

Smash Hero
Switch FC
2166-0541-5238
Honestly the only bad karama reaction that would ruin me right now is Sakurai changing his mind on Ridley, and I think I'd need a lot more bad karma lol.
"Nintendo already made an amiibo!! It's too late to change your mind, Sakurai!!"

Each to their own but I fail to see what makes Daisy more deserving appreciation compared to echoes debuted in Smash for.
Ehh... She's just got a longer history and a bigger name for herself. Lucina and Dark Pit are way too new and niche to compete with Daisy, but that doesn't make them bad choices for Echoes or anything.

Last edited:

DJ3DS

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0602-6256-9118
I'm not here to say who deserves it more.

As to why I personally appreciate her more? I'm an old fart, I grew up on Mario and its spinoffs, and have never touched a Fire Emblem or Kid Icarus in game (in good part because I've no love for the anime style). That's not to slate anyone who does (you like what you like, man) but for me it's not even close to a choice despite Daisy being one of the Mario characters I don't think I've ever even considering playing in any spin-off.

KMDP

Smash Legend

Reminder that back when Smash 64 was released, Jigglypuff was a recurring, popular character in the Pokémon anime and wasn't that crazy a pick (also, she uses Kirby's skeleton).
The only reason she's still in the game is seniority, however.

Last edited:

MSmariosonic

Smash Hero
NNID
kidtendo1996
3DS FC
3566-1932-7732
Switch FC
SW 0383 4539 4118

Red - Ashley / Celica
Blue - Bandana Dee
Green - Linkle
Purple - Hilda (LBW)
Orange - Goku Infernape
White - Amaterasu / 2B
Black - Shadow
Brown - Sora Just Monika
Pink - Yarn Kirby / Lip
Et voila!

Red - Nero