• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

SquashiniKun

Smash Ace
Kimishima: SAKURAAAAAAI!
Sakurai: Ah, President Kimishima! I was just... stretching my calves on the windowsill. Isometric exercise! Care to join me?
Kimishima: Why is there smoke coming out of your computer, Sakurai?
Sakurai: Smoke? That isn't smoke, it's... data! Data from the new Smash Game I'm creating! It's called "Super Smash Bros. Ultimate".
Kimishima: *glares at Sakurai but walks out the office anyway*
Sakurai: Phew... *jumps out the window and runs*

The hit new video game: Steamed Smash Bros.
Sakurai: Oh Egads! My roster is ruined!
Sakurai: But what if, i were to make a bunch of clones & disguise them as entirely new characters?
Sakurai: Hohoho, Delightfully Devilish Sakurai.

KMDP

Smash Legend
Sakurai: Oh Egads! My roster is ruined!
Sakurai: But what if, i were to make a bunch of clones & disguise them as entirely new characters?
Sakurai: Hohoho, Delightfully Devilish Sakurai.
And now we know the real reason Melee had six clone characters.

The six they replaced were burnt in the oven.

Last edited:

osby

Smash Obsessed
Let's be honest, Sakurai can make more than a dozen unique newcomers and people will complain about two clone- wait...

92MilesPrower

Smash Ace
Kimishima: Good lord what is happening in there?!?

Sakurai: Uh, Ridley's reveal trailer?

Kimishima: RIDLEY IN SMASH BROS.?! After 17 years of saying he was too big, after making him a boss and a stage hazard, he's a playable character?!

Sakurai: Yes.

Kimishima: May I see him?

Sakurai: ...No.

KMDP

Smash Legend
Kimishima: Good lord what is happening in there?!?

Sakurai: Uh, Ridley's reveal trailer?

Kimishima: RIDLEY IN SMASH BROS.?! After 17 years of saying he was too big, after making him a boss and a stage hazard, he's a playable character?!

Sakurai: Yes.

Kimishima: May I see him?

Sakurai: ...No.
Sakurai, the office is on fire!
No, Miyamoto, it's just the leader of the space pirates!
Characters being put in the oven. I have so many questions.
Well, how do you think characters are made? Months of coding and rendering on a computer? How crazy.

Last edited:

Tornado_Man

Smash Lord
NNID
FireMegaBuster
Well, how do you think characters are made? Months of coding and rendering on a computer? How crazy.
You know what? It makes sense.

Mario tastes like baked lasagna. Kirby tastes like a marshmallow souffle. Bayonetta? She tastes like pure salt.

KMDP

Smash Legend
You know what? It makes sense.

Mario tastes like baked lasagna. Kirby tastes like a marshmallow souffle. Bayonetta? She tastes like pure salt.
Bayonetta must have a sodium rich diet.
Falco tastes like chicken. Greninja is escargot. Inklings are takoyaki. Jigglypuff tastes like pudding. Megaman tastes like... iron.

As for Bowser... I hear Tortoise is delicious.

Last edited:

Sigran101

Smash Master
NNID
Sigran101
The more I think about it the more I want Tapu Koko playable. I think he's got a decent chance. He's been pushed plenty in both the anime and the game and he has a very unique design. Easily a front-runner behind the starters lycanrock and mimikyu.

CaptainAmerica

Smash Master
NNID
TomOfHyrule
I hope we can still get reveals. I know Sakurai likes to hype us when we see things in game, but that’s how you get leaks.

We did get a lot of info for E3, but now we’re over a month past that and we’re hungry again. Hope that they can even give us new blog updates at least.

I’m expecting a Smash direct in late September/Early October which will be another huge infodump.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Bayo still got a booty even in paper form...how
One thing I hope with Character Select Screen. I don't want echoes next to their original counterpart if we're organising by entry into the series. Especially if Dark Samus is an echo. Basically, I want the top row to consist only of the original 12.
the original 12 seem safe, but everyone from Melee to Ultimate who has an echo seem like they’ll be right next to each other

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
The more I think about it the more I want Tapu Koko playable. I think he's got a decent chance. He's been pushed plenty in both the anime and the game and he has a very unique design. Easily a front-runner behind the starters lycanrock and mimikyu.
It would depend on if Sakurai considers Tapu Koko's concept art interesting enough; anime involvement doesn't hold much water when you look at how Greninja got into Smash 3DS / Wii U. But I feel that it probably has better odds of being a Poke Ball Pokemon or stage element.

Pakky

Smash Hero

But Commander Video can't have a moveset hur hur :^)

Last edited:

osby

Smash Obsessed
For Greninja, I meant frog's legs and had a brain fart. XD

Squid and Octopi are the same thing, right? :troll:

Inklings and Octolings: *glare at me*
I can't imagine what Peach tastes like.

Imadethistoseealeak

Smash Champion
Hm so I watched a Source Gaming video that made me realize a pattern (idr if they pointed it out, I think they just helped me come to the realization).

But every week except the first two (E3 week and the one after) we've gotten a 3rd party character. Not only that but they're in the order they were revealed, so first Snake, Sonic and last week Mega Man. If we get Pac-Man this week that helps solidify it. Even if not this week, if he's the next third party that still solidfies a pattern. It could mean literally nothing and probably does, but if you want to put your tinfoil hat on we could use it as a countdown to a third party reveal, so after Bayonetta.

Sorry if anyone's already pointed this out and it's been discussed, I haven't seen it and thought it was interesting. Any other patterns, that very likely mean nothing, you've noticed?

D

Deleted member

Sakurai, the office is on fire!
No, Miyamoto, it's just the leader of the space pirates!
You call this character Ganondorf.

Sakurai: Yes!

Yes and you call him Ganondorf despite the fact that it's obviously Captain Falcon.

Last edited by a moderator:

KMDP

Smash Legend
You call this character Ganondorf.

Sakurai: Yes!

Yes and you call him Ganondorf despite the fact that it's obviously Captain Falcon.
Ahh... that match was wonderful. Good time was had by all, I'm pooped.
---
Hm so I watched a Source Gaming video that made me realize a pattern (idr if they pointed it out, I think they just helped me come to the realization).

But every week except the first two (E3 week and the one after) we've gotten a 3rd party character. Not only that but they're in the order they were revealed, so first Snake, Sonic and last week Mega Man. If we get Pac-Man this week that helps solidify it. Even if not this week, if he's the next third party that still solidfies a pattern. It could mean literally nothing and probably does, but if you want to put your tinfoil hat on we could use it as a countdown to a third party reveal, so after Bayonetta.

Sorry if anyone's already pointed this out and it's been discussed, I haven't seen it and thought it was interesting. Any other patterns, that very likely mean nothing, you've noticed?
Nothing better than tinfoil!
---
Actually, I have a question regarding site etiquette. Is it considered bad form to nest spoiler tags on this site? I know, generally speaking, nesting a lot of spoiler tags is considered a bad thing on most websites, but is putting one spoiler within another considered bad?

Asking for something I'll be doing later.

Last edited:

Zerp

Formerly "ZeroSoul"
Administrator
Writing Team
Ahh... that match was wonderful. Good time was had by all, I'm pooped.
---

Nothing better than tinfoil!
---
Actually, I have a question regarding site etiquette. Is it considered bad form to nest spoiler tags on this site? I know, generally speaking, nesting a lot of spoiler tags is considered a bad thing on most websites, but is putting one spoiler within another considered bad?

I do the spoiler within a spoiler thing all the time (usually to talk about game spoilers, first layer will just be light spoilers or only there in case of misclicks while the other layer just openly talks about who the final boss is and stuff like that), and nobody's ever complained about it so I doubt it'd be a problem.

KMDP

Smash Legend
I do the spoiler within a spoiler thing all the time (usually to talk about game spoilers, first layer will just be light spoilers or only there in case of misclicks while the other layer just openly talks about who the final boss is and stuff like that), and nobody's ever complained about it so I doubt it'd be a problem.
Ah, that's good to know. :)

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211

On this site, not so much, at least if the intent isn't to troll your fellow users or comes off as spam.

In terms of etiquette, as long as you aren't: excessively double posting, excessively liking posts, bumping un-sticky-ed threads over a few weeks old, and getting into long drawn out arguments (take it to PMs) you're golden.

https://smashboards.com/help/terms/

Last edited:

KMDP

Smash Legend
On this site, not so much, at least if the intent isn't to troll your fellow users or comes off as spam.
My intent for that particular nested spoiler is for a minor visual joke that requires you to not see the second spoiler until after the first,

Last edited:

Imadethistoseealeak

Smash Champion
So if my tinfoil hat theory comes to fruition, Bayonetta will be the final third party revealed the week of August the 6th, meaning if we got a third party every week then we could get a third party reveal the following week of the 13th.

A few things.
- This is after EVO, so if this follows the pattern all theories of Heiachi or any third party reveal then falls flat.
- If it only follows the pattern of order and not every week then this "theory" is basically useless as it just means a third party will be revealed eventually (duh)
- Most importantly following the previous point, this theory, if it holds true, is better to use as when NOT to expect a third party reveal, as in not before the week of August 13. Again, not very helpful lol.

I'm thinking this pattern will follow through all the way to Bayonetta's reveal the week of August the 6th and that's it. It won't mean anything else probably.

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
My intent for that particular nested spoiler is for a minor visual joke that requires you to not see the second spoiler until after the first,
It's probably okay so long as you're still saying something substantive with your post.

papagenos

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-0554-8947-9778

I like tinfoil hat theories, this is one to watch unless the pattern breaks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom