• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

osby

Smash Obsessed
Massive rumours start about a secret 100th character because people are OCD about that kind of thing.
100th character is Masahiro Sakurai and you need to fight against him with full roster and win to recruit him.

D

Deleted member

I had a weird dream last night.

I dreamed of a trailer of King K. Rool being confirmed for Smash, but he looked like a realistic big crocodile, and he was... swimming in a pool of lava.

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
100th character is Masahiro Sakurai and you need to fight against him with full roster and win to recruit him.
This was a misprint in the strategy guide.

You actually have to PHYSICALLY fight Masahiro Sakurai in a duel at dawn in Kyoto, Japan.

If you defeat him? You unlock him in Smash.

If you don't? He comes to your house and destroys your Nintendo Switch.

Mutsukki

Smash Ace
Actually... I'd be fine with that too?

I don't know, Ultimate looks and sounds amazing and gameplay footage bits gets better with each game as we have more effects, characters and items with a dynamic camera. If it makes the team add more content, why not?
Yeah I guess... The E3 trailer is very hype, but eh... I dunno if it's intro material...

osby

Smash Obsessed

You actually have to PHYSICALLY fight Masahiro Sakurai in a duel at dawn in Kyoto, Japan.

Well, there goes competitive players' full roster chances.

KMDP

Smash Legend
I had a weird dream last night.

I dreamed of a trailer of King K. Rool being confirmed for Smash, but he looked like a realistic big crocodile, and he was... swimming in a pool of lava.
King K. Rool is The Collective One?

You have to beat 100 Fighting Wire Frames in Cruel Smash with all Characters, then you get a special password that you take to the Smash Bros. website, which gives you a time and date; go to the Nintendo Headquarters in Kyoto and publicly challenge Masahiro Sakurai to a Samurai duel.

If you win, he gives you a "Masahiro Sakurai" Amiibo, which allows you to fight Sakurai as a character in Smash, you then have to defeat him with all Characters.

DaybreakHorizon

The guy who predicted Sora as Fighter 11
NNID
tehponycorn
3DS FC
4253-3486-4603
Massive rumours start about a secret 100th character because people are OCD about that kind of thing.
You joke now but I'd be pretty salty if we were just one character away from the big 100. That would be the Ultimate Smash Bros. game.

I'd take that challenge. Do I get to choose the weapon? Or does he? Or is one already set?

D

Deleted member

I also had a dream some days ago, where Rex & Pyra were confirmed, and I was in a hurry to tell all their naysayers to eat their words.

But then I felt like something feels strange, and then realized it was a dream.

KMDP

Smash Legend
So, I guess for the reaction of everyone that the stream from last night was just a tournament and nothing more?
Pretty much, it was even the same demo build.
---
Here it is... Smash Bros. with 100 Characters.
100CharacterRoster.png

I'd say it's a pretty good roster... (totally unbiased opinion because I made it).

Last edited:

KMDP

Smash Legend
Good renders just aren't available for some characters I take it...
Yeah, some characters just haven't appeared in 3D yet (at least not in a way that would fit in Smash).
I don't think there's a single 3D Zero model (his Smash 4 trophy doesn't count XD). Mega Man in Smash 4 might have even been the first 3D Mega Man render.
EDIT: Realising that I used the 2D Echoes image of Celica when I should have used the nearly identical 3D Warriors image (which I also have in Roster maker. XD)

Last edited:

NintenRob

Rising YouTuber
NNID
trpdm.wilton
One thing I hope with Character Select Screen. I don't want echoes next to their original counterpart if we're organising by entry into the series. Especially if Dark Samus is an echo. Basically, I want the top row to consist only of the original 12.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Here's an interesting wrinkle, the top of the Great Plateau Tower can also be destroyed by knockback so cave of life shenanigans can only go on for so long.

Probably won't get it unbanned in competitive but interesting nonetheless.

L9999

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3780-9480-2428
Already added to the Graveyard. Three leaks died on one day.

R.I.P.
Good riddance. The more dead leaks the merrier.

But Metroid can’t?!
Samus can crawl. In her zero suit. I wish Samus could morph for movement to not rely on commital jumps and her awful roll...

One thing I hope with Character Select Screen. I don't want echoes next to their original counterpart if we're organising by entry into the series. Especially if Dark Samus is an echo. Basically, I want the top row to consist only of the original 12.
Would it make a difference?

"Boshi" Zinith we know that's you. Your undying love for the Cooler Yoshi™ gives your alt accounts away.
What the devil is a Boshi?

Here's an interesting wrinkle, the top of the Great Plateau Tower can also be destroyed by knockback so cave of life shenanigans can only go on for so long.

Probably won't get it unbanned in competitive but interesting nonetheless.
I doubt it. When the top is around it creates a cave of life and on respawn it can ruin the flow of the match. Even the treehouse staff were having a bad time on it.

Last edited:

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
I wonder though, will all destructible stage elements be affected by knock-back now?

If that is the case, what previously banned stages would be allowed?

Zeox

Smash Champion
Or just an option that let us customize the character select screen so we can put it like we want.

NintenRob

Rising YouTuber
NNID
trpdm.wilton
Would it make a difference?
It would make all the difference in the world. Original 12 is considered sacred ground by many smashers and having an echo up there out of place would really irk me.

Or just an option that let us customize the character select screen so we can put it like we want.
This would be phenomenal! Of course if that was the case, I'd probably just organize by series like normal. Maybe find a way to keep top row original 12 still though.

Last edited:

KMDP

Smash Legend
"Boshi" Zinith we know that's you. Your undying love for the Cooler Yoshi™ gives your alt accounts away.
Well, I was thinking "I want to fill the top row with Mario characters, but I need one more guy..." then I remembered Boshi and thought "He'll do!"

You can definitely blame Zinith Zinith for it, though. XD

Last edited:

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
I'm glad I didn't miss anything by going to bed. At least Ganondorf got to not be a joke.

That said, next Sunday is when we'll see if anything true about a certain leak will happen, so there's that I guess.

Well, I was thinking "I want to fill the top row with Mario characters, but I need one more guy..." then I remembered Boshi and thought "He'll do!"

You can definitely blame Zinith Zinith for it, though. XD
In any case, Toad fans may pester the both of you. :p

Still a huge improvement over Brawl's and Smash 4's intros as it's not just a bunch of random CGI/animated clips thrown together with no sense of flow whatsoever and constant jarring cuts (I still can't get over how horribly jarring it is to go from CGI to suddenly anime Palutena to random gameplay in the Smash 4 intro), while not really telling the player what the game is about. Melee may have just reused its E3 trailer, but that trailer was a full cohesive video specifically designed to give you an intro to what the game was about and pump you up for the game, and it certainly wow'd people who didn't see the trailer before playing the game. The roster reveal video for Ultimate succeeds in doing that, though I would much rather see a dedicated intro video made for the game.
Meanwhile the 3DS version didn't even have an intro, since the game took up most of the console's horsepower to even run. So in a sense, I was spared from the Wii U one.

And yet DK can't despite being able to in Jungle Beat.
Put DK among the list of characters who can't wall jump even if it makes sense to...
Not that many people like to bring up Jungle Beat.

Last edited:

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Yeah, some characters just haven't appeared in 3D yet (at least not in a way that would fit in Smash).
I don't think there's a single 3D Zero model (his Smash 4 trophy doesn't count XD). Mega Man in Smash 4 might have even been the first 3D Mega Man render.
EDIT: Realising that I used the 2D Echoes image of Celica when I should have used the nearly identical 3D Warriors image (which I also have in Roster maker. XD)
X7? X8? Command Mission? The 3 Capcom VS Whatever games he's in?

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
I also had a Smash related dream a week or two ago where Elma was confirmed. Her moves and in game model looked really awesome, and I heard Uncontrollable playing in her gameplay segment, but some detail was really strange that tipped me off to it being a dream.

It began in a similar way to the Robin trailer, except Chrom could stand too, implying he was confirmed as well. And instead of :ultfalcon: standing before them, there was...yup, you guessed it, Elma, and she was rendered in the X style as opposed to the FE style. I don’t even remember her tag line in my dream lmao

Cosmic77

Smash Hero
Switch FC
2166-0541-5238
It would be nice if we could customize every space and make our own CSS. Even if we get the choice to organize the roster by series like the website does, we'd still have Snake and Sonic randomly wedged between WarioWare and Pikmin. That's not gonna sit well with my OCD.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
That's why we gotta have a reveal of someone who isn't in any leaks.

It would be nice if Mona got revealed and no one saw it coming.

Yeah, now I remember, that's good attention to details Sakurai... Now about Corrin's lackluster victory screen...
Maybe even he's not that okay with the idea of Corrin. :p

Sounds good to me.
But what if...the hundredth character is the game's only character DLC?
pzwt6d10xt401.jpg

KMDP

Smash Legend
Dangit, I was gonna make that joke xD
Dana nana~♪
Sakurai, with his crazy platform fighter,
The Smash Fanbase's heads're gonna get lighter.
When they see Sakurai's pulled an overnighter,
There'll be a hype train in town, tonight!
Anyway, I missed the stream. Anything new? Items, Assist Trophies, etc.
Not to my knowledge, the build of the game was the same as at e3.

Last edited:

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
Dana nana~♪
Sakurai, with his crazy platform fighter,
The Smash Fanbase's heads're gonna get lighter.
When they see Sakurai's pulled an overnighter,
There'll be a hype train in town, tonight!

Not to my knowledge, the build of the game was the same as at e3.
SEEEEEYYYYMOOOOOUUUUURRRR! SAKUUUUURAAAAAIIIIIIII!
:troll:

Also, they did confirm that Chain Chomp was still an AT and K. K. Slider still showed up on Smashville, iirc.

Last edited:

KMDP

Smash Legend
SEEEEEYYYYMOOOOOUUUUURRRR! SAKUUUUURAAAAAIIIIIIII!
:troll:
Kimishima: SAKURAAAAAAI!
Sakurai: Ah, President Kimishima! I was just... stretching my calves on the windowsill. Isometric exercise! Care to join me?
Kimishima: Why is there smoke coming out of your computer, Sakurai?
Sakurai: Smoke? That isn't smoke, it's... data! Data from the new Smash Game I'm creating! It's called "Super Smash Bros. Ultimate".
Kimishima: *glares at Sakurai but walks out the office anyway*
Sakurai: Phew... *jumps out the window and runs*

The hit new video game: Steamed Smash Bros.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom