• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
Hmm...well, here's a question for some fun!

If what Sakurai says is true, and we start out with only the original 8 on the roster...well, let's put the questions this way:

1) Who would you want to unlock first and why?
2) Would you want to do it the "streamlined" way, or go a potential alternate route and unlock them "Melee" style?
3) Would you want to do it all on your own or with friends along for the ride?

Personally, I always loved having to complete certain tasks to unlock certain characters back in the old days of Melee. Sometimes I've even thought about deleting my Melee data and going through the game all over again. Those days of Donkey Kong with his Down-B on 100 Man Melee to get Falco...those were the days!

If the game allows you to complete certain requirements to unlock certain characters, I think I might try to do it in order of when the characters were added. A lot of my favorites are in newer rosters (Greninja, Shulk, Ike, Snake) but because I feel like this could be my Smash for a long time and this series really means something to me, I'll unlock them in order if I can manage it. The nostalgia would be off the charts!

If I have to choose who to unlock first, and not in order, probably Snake, Cloud, Ike, and Shulk. Well, maybe Greninja too. But it would be weird having those guys and not Bowser for example.

The streamlining may be easier, but I think there's more value in it for me if there are other requirements to get them...like the 20 hours of Melee for Mewtwo!

I'm not sure about having my friends with me...like it'd be a ton of fun to hang with friends and take turns, but it's also like a personal thing for me. I've always unlocked everybody myself in Smash. Like if somebody was fighting somebody to unlock them, I would totally be like, "But I wanted to do that..."

It's the little kid in me I guess :awesome:!

Last edited:

Arcanir

An old friend evolved
NNID
Shoryu91
3DS FC
4253-4855-5860
I understand that........I don't even remember why I brought it up at this point. Whatever, I give up.

I can't go any further since I'll be going into "muh theory" territory and I sure would hate to SPECULATE about what will come of this game.

The people in this thread complain about the dumbest **** sometimes. Might as well close the thread if "what ifs" are considered a silly thing to talk about.

Guess we'll keep talking about leaks made by bored 10 year olds, as if thats productive. >.>
If you're posting a theory on a forum, then you have to be prepared for others to counter parts of it. No theory is perfect and there's always going to be people who disagree or feel there are faults to it that should be addressed, and that's fine, we all have different opinions on the subject and talking about them is the best way to get a better understanding of it.

Additionally, all of us have had theories that have been countered over the months and I've even debated with others over my theories, so don't pretend that we can't get a dialogue going about them if you're willing to continue the conversation on them.

Last edited:

ThyCheshireCat

Smash Apprentice
The Former British Empire of great Britain.
Hmm...well, here's a question for some fun!

If what Sakurai says is true, and we start out with only the original 8 on the roster...well, let's put the questions this way:

2) Would you want to do it the "streamlined" way, or go a potential alternate route and unlock them "Melee" style?

Personally, I always loved having to complete certain tasks to unlock certain characters back in the old days of Melee. Sometimes I've even thought about deleting my Melee data and going through the game all over again. Those days of Donkey Kong with his Down-B on 100 Man Melee to get Falco...those were the days!

If the game allows you to complete certain requirements to unlock certain characters, I think I might try to do it in order of when the characters were added. A lot of my favorites are in newer rosters (Greninja, Shulk, Ike, Snake) but because I feel like this could be my Smash for a long time and this series really means something to me, I'll unlock them in order if I can manage it. The nostalgia would be off the charts!

The streamlining may be easier, but I think there's more value in it for me if there are other requirements to get them...like the 20 hours of Melee for Mewtwo!

I'm not sure about having my friends with me...like it'd be a ton of fun to hang with friends and take turns, but it's also like a personal thing for me. I've always unlocked everybody myself in Smash. Like if somebody was fighting somebody to unlock them, I would totally be like, "But I wanted to do that..."

It's the little kid in me I guess :awesome:!
1) Dedede of cause
2) As quickly as possible so i guess the first
3) IDC TBH, i just need Dedede ASAP.

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
Let's discuss how Ashley and Bandana Dee are objectively the best Smash newcomer options and how Bomberman being an AT is an unforgivable offense that makes the game literally unplayable.
...is this supposed to be targeted at me or something?

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Ok then so we can't talk about something that we personally believe could but might not happen just because someone else for sure doesn't believe in it, i'm not deadset on it, i legitimately said "does that mean they're going to happen for sure.... of course not, we don't have evidence of it being definitive" does that mean i'm deadset, of course it doesn't... but yea i'm ready to discuss something else, this has gone on for way too god damn long.
When the only real argument behind the point is "Well it COULD happen!" then yes, I consider on a conspiracy theory level.

GAME TIME: THE FOLLOWING CHARACTERS ARE ASSIST TROPHIES. THOUGHTS!
K.Rool
Dixie
Cranky
All 4 BotW champions
Simon Belmont
Bandana Dee
Galacta Knight
Ken
Rex
Melia
Crash
Geno
Anthony from Other M

EchoAegis

Need time to think?
I’ve moved on for the most part, i’m ready to discuss something else.
Sure have you seen this leak? looks legit

Summary
Characters:
Geno (Super Mario RPG)
Elma (Xenoblade Chronicles X)
Dixie Kong (Donkey Kong)
Mimikyu (Pokemon Sun and Moon)
Bandana Waddle Dee (Kirby)
Echo Fighters
Funky Kong for Donkey Kong
Ninten For Ness
Isabelle For Villager

DLC:
Rex and Pyra 2019 Spring (Xenoblade Chronicles 2)
Octoling as Echo for Inkling (Splatoon 2)
Spring Man for 2019 Holiday (Arms)

Stages:
Returning:
Fountain of Dreams
-Yoshi Wool World
-Gamer
-Summit
-Pupupu Land from Super Smash Bros. for Nintendo 3DS
-Rainbow Road
-Rainbow Cruise
-Mute City from Super Smash Bros, for Nintendo 3DS
-Wii Fit Studio

New Stages
-New Donk City from Super Mario Odyssey
-NLA (From Xenoblade Chronicle X)
-Throne Room (From Super Mario RPG)
-Saturn Valley (From Mother 2)

Information:
Hello, I can share some info about the new Super Smash Bros. game for you. Obvious but english is not my main language so sorry if I can't write correct. I have info about the new fighters. The thing is that maybe I don't know about all the fighters and there are some newcomers that are just rumors in the office and I have no way to know if they are real or not, but I will share it since it there was some rumors proven real more early in the development. A Newcomer that I can 100% confirm right now is Geno from Super Mario RPG and is representing the Super Mario series but Square Enix as well. I have seen some moves but not all: I know that his Side Special is a Beam coming from his Arm that open from his elbow and that his Normal Special is a Disc that He can throw upward or downward too. His Down Specials seems to be a reflecting move or a shield using a rainbow star (I don't really know for sure). I think his Up Special seems to be multiple lazer that he shoots downward. His Finals Smash is him transforming into a cannon and shooting at the aiming zone. He uses headbutt for a lot of his moves and there is 1 move where he takes his arm with his other arm to attack. Also, I have seen a 3D Model for Mallow but I have not seen it in the game for now (Assist Trophy?). Dixie Kong from Donkey kong is another Fighter that I have seen. I have seen her model and 4-5 moves. I am pretty sure that she has one of the biggest double jumps of all the fighters (like Mewtwo but less round). One of her Special is her shooting a bubble gum with a plastic gun and the gum does not damage but slows down enemies for sometimes. Her Up Special is her blowing a bubble gum and floating into the sky for sometimes, the bubble can be destroyed. I have seen two of her Smash Attacks one is her smashing a guitar to the ground the other one is her swinging her ponytail to the ground left and right multiple times. She also grabs other fighters with her ponytail. I heard rumors saying that she can float with her ponytail if you keep pressing the Jump Button.Elma from Xenoblade Chronicle X is one of the newcomers I have seen almost no info. All I know is that she has two forms: a Human form and a Mech form. While in Mech Form she can fly if you press the jump button. I am pretty sure that she can only take some damage in mech form (50%?) before destroying the mech and not being able to return into that form for the time shes alive. She can shoot with a gun in her mech and form and kicks a lot in human form.I can also pretty much confirm Mimikyu is the new Pokémon newcomer. I have seen the most moves for her. Her Normal Special is a unique move (Mimic) where can make a ghost looking clone of a close fighter and put it in front of Mimikyu. The clone will move with Mimikyu and the next move that Mimikyu will try to do (Normal Attacks, Specials, Throws, Areal attacks, etc) will be the ghost looking clone doing the move from the character that got cloned. Mimikyu got a special effect where she is cannot be knock backed for the first move that hit her. After that, her heads fall down. You can put the head back up with charging bar with Down Special. When her head is up, she can retake the next hit without the knockback. Her up Special is her glowing with a pink sphere and going up. Her Side Special is her Wood Stick growing bigger and having a dark aura and slamming the stick in front of her doing it in the air crash her down. She uses her ghost claw in a lot of other moves. Very Floaty character, but slow on the ground. The final Newcomer is just a rumor, but I believe it to be real. I heard a lot about Bandanna Waddle Dee from Kirby to be in Smash. I also heard that there is already work for DLC right now. This rumor, however, seems to be more real since I have seen the series logo and some models. I,m pretty sure Spring man from ARMS, Rex from Xenoblade Chronicle 2 and Octoling as a Inkling ε are the DLC. I heard that Spring Man will come out in Winter 2019, Rex in Spring 2019 and Octoling after E3 2019. I will now talk about the Echo FIghters or ε FIghters:
I am working with the Echo FIghters so i know them a lot more than the newcommers.
The last 3 ε Fighters are:
-Funky Kong for Donkey Kong
-Isabelle for Murabito
-and Ninten for Ness
All ε have the same moves but there is some difference with Knockback, damage and angle of Knockback.
Ninten has a big redesign like Roy for Smash for Wii U and 3DS (probably to make him different than Ness). He has a different colored hat and has a lot of Whiteb in his costume. His Shirt does not have Yellow in it and it looks more like White star on a black and blue shirt. He has 3 difference with Ness in their Specials. PK Thunder is a lot faster so more difficult to control, Pk Fire is angled Up if Ninten is on the ground and PSI Magnet is has a bigger protection.
Lucina has Tipper on a bigger part of her Sword but her Tipper does less knockback. Also, Her Specials seems to have more range than Marth's
I do not work in this department but it looks like you'll get information a lot. I also think myself that you'll know about Geno or Dixie Kong first since they seem to have the more time put into them for now
Also maybe Mimikkyu since she has a lot of developpment right now.
To continue with the ε Fighters:
Dark Pit 's Normal Special has a lot less curve in his arrow, but his Side Special seems to do a lot more Knockback than Pit's and go further.
Funky Kong Up Special seems to work a lot different than Donkey Kong's. His Up B is Funky Kong Spinning on his Surf Board. The Hitting part is down instead of Up like DK. When Funky Kong use Up Special on the ground, he just does a fast and powerful Surf Board Swing instead of spinning.
I think you'll get normal information in July and August will have 1 or 2 big info since the work that is supposed to be revealed seems to be 90% ready instead of 100% ready to show to public
Daisy, the ε Fighter of Peach have only 2 specials different. Her Toad counterattack does no damage but Stun the enemy (Like Corrin's Normal Special) Also when using her Down Special, she has a chance to pull out The Freeze Item and the Beehive item instead of the Bob-Omb and Mr. Saturn.
Isabelle has a countdown on her Pocket and she loses the item when the countdown is finished (It is like a Clock on her Pocket Icon over her %). But the Projectile that she pockets is massively enhanced. She has only 1 Balloon on her Up Special, but she jumps instead of fluttering. She also cannot ride her Side Special but the explosion of the Rocket is bigger.
I only said it was heavily rumored and probably real, but for your information, Mewtwo was worked on before Super Smash Bros. for Wii U was released. It is just the start of development for these character and they will take a lot more times to make than Mewtwo
I have not seen a lot of new stages but I can say the ones I saw:
-Fountain of Dreams
-Yoshi Wool World
-Gamer
-Summit
-Rainbow Road
-Rainbow Cruise
-Wii Fit Studio
I cannot promise anything but I think I can take pictures of the Geno, Mallow and Funky Kong Models Monday and upload them the same day or the day after
It looks like the Bowser Battle from Super Mario RPG. There are two big platforms that are the chandeliers. These platforms swing if theres to much movements on theme.

- Begin The Story

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
Let's discuss how Ashley and Bandana Dee are objectively the best Smash newcomer options and how Bomberman being an AT is an unforgivable offense that makes the game literally unplayable.

In all seriousness, what do people here think the chances of getting more Final Fantasy music in game are? I'm pretty positive we'll at least get a remix or two this go around myself.
I, for one, would LOVE the Dissidia remixes of the FF7 boss theme and J-E-N-O-V-A.

I’d like to see music from other FFs, and maybe even other Square-Enix games too if possible.

Summary
Characters:
Geno (Super Mario RPG)
Dixie Kong (Donkey Kong)
Echo Fighters
Ninten For Ness
Isabelle For Villager

DLC:

Stages:
Returning:
Fountain of Dreams
-Yoshi Wool World
-Gamer
-Summit
-Rainbow Road
-Rainbow Cruise
-Wii Fit Studio

New Stages

Information:
Hello, I can share some info about the new Super Smash Bros. game for you. Obvious but english is not my main language so sorry if I can't write correct. I have info about the new fighters. The thing is that maybe I don't know about all the fighters and there are some newcomers that are just rumors in the office and I have no way to know if they are real or not, but I will share it since it there was some rumors proven real more early in the development. A Newcomer that I can 100% confirm right now is Geno from Super Mario RPG and is representing the Super Mario series but Square Enix as well. I have seen some moves but not all: I know that his Side Special is a Beam coming from his Arm that open from his elbow and that his Normal Special is a Disc that He can throw upward or downward too. His Down Specials seems to be a reflecting move or a shield using a rainbow star (I don't really know for sure). I think his Up Special seems to be multiple lazer that he shoots downward. His Finals Smash is him transforming into a cannon and shooting at the aiming zone. He uses headbutt for a lot of his moves and there is 1 move where he takes his arm with his other arm to attack. Also, I have seen a 3D Model for Mallow but I have not seen it in the game for now (Assist Trophy?). Dixie Kong from Donkey kong is another Fighter that I have seen. I have seen her model and 4-5 moves. I am pretty sure that she has one of the biggest double jumps of all the fighters (like Mewtwo but less round). One of her Special is her shooting a bubble gum with a plastic gun and the gum does not damage but slows down enemies for sometimes. Her Up Special is her blowing a bubble gum and floating into the sky for sometimes, the bubble can be destroyed. I have seen two of her Smash Attacks one is her smashing a guitar to the ground the other one is her swinging her ponytail to the ground left and right multiple times. She also grabs other fighters with her ponytail. I heard rumors saying that she can float with her ponytail if you keep pressing the Jump Button.Elma from Xenoblade Chronicle X is one of the newcomers I have seen almost no info. All I know is that she has two forms: a Human form and a Mech form. While in Mech Form she can fly if you press the jump button. I am pretty sure that she can only take some damage in mech form (50%?) before destroying the mech and not being able to return into that form for the time shes alive. She can shoot with a gun in her mech and form and kicks a lot in human form.I can also pretty much confirm Mimikyu is the new Pokémon newcomer. I have seen the most moves for her. Her Normal Special is a unique move (Mimic) where can make a ghost looking clone of a close fighter and put it in front of Mimikyu. The clone will move with Mimikyu and the next move that Mimikyu will try to do (Normal Attacks, Specials, Throws, Areal attacks, etc) will be the ghost looking clone doing the move from the character that got cloned. Mimikyu got a special effect where she is cannot be knock backed for the first move that hit her. After that, her heads fall down. You can put the head back up with charging bar with Down Special. When her head is up, she can retake the next hit without the knockback. Her up Special is her glowing with a pink sphere and going up. Her Side Special is her Wood Stick growing bigger and having a dark aura and slamming the stick in front of her doing it in the air crash her down. She uses her ghost claw in a lot of other moves. Very Floaty character, but slow on the ground. The final Newcomer is just a rumor, but I believe it to be real. I heard a lot about Bandanna Waddle Dee from Kirby to be in Smash. I also heard that there is already work for DLC right now. This rumor, however, seems to be more real since I have seen the series logo and some models. I,m pretty sure Spring man from ARMS, Rex from Xenoblade Chronicle 2 and Octoling as a Inkling ε are the DLC. I heard that Spring Man will come out in Winter 2019, Rex in Spring 2019 and Octoling after E3 2019. I will now talk about the Echo FIghters or ε FIghters:
I am working with the Echo FIghters so i know them a lot more than the newcommers.
-Isabelle for Murabito
-and Ninten for Ness
All ε have the same moves but there is some difference with Knockback, damage and angle of Knockback.
Ninten has a big redesign like Roy for Smash for Wii U and 3DS (probably to make him different than Ness). He has a different colored hat and has a lot of Whiteb in his costume. His Shirt does not have Yellow in it and it looks more like White star on a black and blue shirt. He has 3 difference with Ness in their Specials. PK Thunder is a lot faster so more difficult to control, Pk Fire is angled Up if Ninten is on the ground and PSI Magnet is has a bigger protection.
Lucina has Tipper on a bigger part of her Sword but her Tipper does less knockback. Also, Her Specials seems to have more range than Marth's
I do not work in this department but it looks like you'll get information a lot. I also think myself that you'll know about Geno or Dixie Kong first since they seem to have the more time put into them for now
Dark Pit 's Normal Special has a lot less curve in his arrow, but his Side Special seems to do a lot more Knockback than Pit's and go further.
Funky Kong Up Special seems to work a lot different than Donkey Kong's. His Up B is Funky Kong Spinning on his Surf Board. The Hitting part is down instead of Up like DK. When Funky Kong use Up Special on the ground, he just does a fast and powerful Surf Board Swing instead of spinning.
I think you'll get normal information in July and August will have 1 or 2 big info since the work that is supposed to be revealed seems to be 90% ready instead of 100% ready to show to public
Daisy, the ε Fighter of Peach have only 2 specials different. Her Toad counterattack does no damage but Stun the enemy (Like Corrin's Normal Special) Also when using her Down Special, she has a chance to pull out The Freeze Item and the Beehive item instead of the Bob-Omb and Mr. Saturn.
Isabelle has a countdown on her Pocket and she loses the item when the countdown is finished (It is like a Clock on her Pocket Icon over her %). But the Projectile that she pockets is massively enhanced. She has only 1 Balloon on her Up Special, but she jumps instead of fluttering. She also cannot ride her Side Special but the explosion of the Rocket is bigger.
I only said it was heavily rumored and probably real, but for your information, Mewtwo was worked on before Super Smash Bros. for Wii U was released. It is just the start of development for these character and they will take a lot more times to make than Mewtwo
-Fountain of Dreams
-Yoshi Wool World
-Gamer
-Summit
-Rainbow Road
-Rainbow Cruise
-Wii Fit Studio
I cannot promise anything but I think I can take pictures of the Geno, Mallow and Funky Kong Models Monday and upload them the same day or the day after
It looks like the Bowser Battle from Super Mario RPG. There are two big platforms that are the chandeliers. These platforms swing if theres to much movements on theme.

- Begin The Story
I’ve seen the leak before. My only complaints are: no Simon Belmont, and the way Elma is represented doesn’t make sense to how she’s portrayed in X, which to me is a HUGE nitpick.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

...is this supposed to be targeted at me or something?
...I actually like Ashley and Bandana Dee a lot, so I was just trying to goof a bit. Probably should have put a /s at the end, oh well. My bad, no offense meant. :)

Last edited by a moderator:

ThyCheshireCat

Smash Apprentice
The Former British Empire of great Britain.
When the only real argument behind the point is "Well it COULD happen!" then yes, I consider on a conspiracy theory level.

K.Rool
Dixie
Cranky
All 4 BotW champions
Simon Belmont
Bandana Dee
Galacta Knight
Ken
Rex
Melia
Crash
Geno
Anthony from Other M
Those weren't the only arguments, tthat was the only argument that you accepted because you beleive that Veterans and Newcomers have totally different cases, but let's not continue this at all until more evidence is found for either side of the argument.

So for my thought on if the characters were ATs
K.Rool - Oh damn, well that's a bummer, oh well.
Dixie - Cool
Cranky - Cool
All 4 BotW champions - Meh
Simon Belmont - Ok
Bandana Dee - Cool
Galacta Knight - COOL
Ken - Eh
Rex - Lel
Melia - Ok
Crash - Seems like an odd role for the character.
Geno - Oh... ok
Anthony from Other M - Ok

Last edited:

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
...I actually like Ashley and Bandana Dee a lot, so I was just trying to goof a bit. Probably should have put a /s at the end, oh well. My bad, no offense meant. :)
Oh no it’s fine I just wasn’t sure is all! :)

D

Deleted member

1. Shulk. He's my main and I really want to know how the system changes are going to benefit him.
  2. Considering the amount of characters, streamlining it is the better option.
  3. I'd definitely prefer to have friends so long as none of them know the unlock requirements. Challenger matches are the best reward for winning a match, and matches with my friends are always more fun than matches alone.

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
In all seriousness, what do people here think the chances of getting more Final Fantasy music in game are? I'm pretty positive we'll at least get a remix or two this go around myself.
I feel like the chances are small cause Square can be... Spotty... But if we do than Bombing Mission and Mambo de Chocabo for sure.

At this point Rayman has to be a guarentee right? I mean come on, he already had a trophy and his fake leak recieved massive attention. Surely Sakurai saw it. If Rayman makes it in I’ll be satisfied.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666

K.Rool
Dixie
Cranky
All 4 BotW champions
Simon Belmont
Bandana Dee
Galacta Knight
Ken
Rex
Melia
Crash
Geno
Anthony from Other M
Ken and Galacta Knight - ok
Melia - sure
BOTW champions, Cranky, Crash, Geno - why not
Rex as an AT - oof
Bandana Dee as an AT - O O F
K. Rool and Dixie as ATs - run for the hills, there will be riots
Simon Belmont as an AT -

If that’s the case, RIP Fiora AND Simon ;-; at least Elma isn’t here as an AT

EchoAegis

Need time to think?
I’ve seen the leak before. My only complaints are: no Simon Belmont, and the way Elma is represented doesn’t make sense to how she’s portrayed in X, which to me is a HUGE nitpick.
Oh it's defiantly fake its just a little joke I was making.

Context: It kept getting posted one day on this forum and was getting pretty annoying everytime time it was posted

ColietheGoalie

Smash Lord
1) Honestly, I'd avoid looking up the unlocks and just bumble around trying things to see who I unlock as a surprise :p
2) Melee style. I loved that there were random challanges for unlocking fighters, and it would be super nostalgic for me
3) Friends. I have some buddies that are just as excited about Ultimate as I am, so a day of fighting and unlocking with them sounds perfect

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061

Summary
Characters:
Geno (Super Mario RPG)
Dixie Kong (Donkey Kong)
Echo Fighters
Ninten For Ness
Isabelle For Villager

DLC:

Stages:
Returning:
Fountain of Dreams
-Yoshi Wool World
-Gamer
-Summit
-Rainbow Road
-Rainbow Cruise
-Wii Fit Studio

New Stages

Information:
-Isabelle for Murabito
-and Ninten for Ness
-Fountain of Dreams
-Yoshi Wool World
-Gamer
-Summit
-Rainbow Road
-Rainbow Cruise
-Wii Fit Studio

- Begin The Story
This seems waaaaay too good to be true, if it is though I wouldn’t mind but I’d be mad at the lack of Ashley.

Makai Wars

Smash Ace
I think this quote from the interview is very interesting
Idk why but i don't think we're getting King K Rool in this game.
Hmst. Reading it again makes me thing we're misinterpreting. I think the point Bill Trinen was trying to get across was that even if you flail and scream angrily for a character, that doesn't mean Sakurai is going to give in and let them in. I feel as if this comment was more directed toward Waluigi than K. Rool.

Anyone know the likelihood of getting Brawl music in Ultimate? Specifically for battlefield and final destination cause nothing is ever going to top that music at least for me.

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
Anyone know the likelihood of getting Brawl music in Ultimate? Specifically for battlefield and final destination cause nothing is ever going to top that music at least for me.
Almost definite because we’ve had Brawl music since Smash 4.

Also that can combo of username and profile picture are hilarious.

D

Deleted member

1) Honestly, I'd avoid looking up the unlocks and just bumble around trying things to see who I unlock as a surprise :p
The best way. I'm hoping the order is random, though. I'm going to be so disappointed if the first character I unlock is Peach followed by Daisy and Bowser. If it follows the website order, then it'll be too predictable.

Zerp

Formerly "ZeroSoul"
Administrator
Writing Team

K.Rool
Dixie
Cranky
All 4 BotW champions
Simon Belmont
Bandana Dee
Galacta Knight
Ken
Rex
Melia
Crash
Geno
Anthony from Other M
Is the game our emotions?

>K. Rool, Dixie, AND Cranky
At that point I'd be convinced Sakurai is doing literally everything he can to avoid adding another playable DK character. Also, Bandana Dee's deeconfirmation would deeply annoy me.

D

Deleted member

I, for one, would LOVE the Dissidia remixes of the FF7 boss theme and J-E-N-O-V-A.

I’d like to see music from other FFs, and maybe even other Square-Enix games too if possible..
Kingdom Hearts, Chrono Trigger, and Chrono Cross music would be sick. I also wouldn't mind some tunes from FFXV or FFXIII either, though. Octopath music would also be amazing.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
Kingdom Hearts, Chrono Trigger, and Chrono Cross music would be sick. I also wouldn't mind some tunes from FFXV or FFXIII either, though. Octopath music would also be amazing.
It’s slightly less likely but I’d also like to see Bravely Default/Second, Star Ocean, and even NieR Automata music.

Oh YES and I need TWEWY music in badly

Last edited:

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483

Summary
Characters:
Geno (Super Mario RPG)
Dixie Kong (Donkey Kong)
Echo Fighters
Ninten For Ness
Isabelle For Villager

DLC:

Stages:
Returning:
Fountain of Dreams
-Yoshi Wool World
-Gamer
-Summit
-Rainbow Road
-Rainbow Cruise
-Wii Fit Studio

New Stages

Information:
-Isabelle for Murabito
-and Ninten for Ness
-Fountain of Dreams
-Yoshi Wool World
-Gamer
-Summit
-Rainbow Road
-Rainbow Cruise
-Wii Fit Studio

- Begin The Story
I'm bit feeling like this is the right time to post this insightful comment on leaks from the Lip-support thread, so to allow us to actually make any sense from the legitimacy of all these 'leaks' - courtesy of N N. Onymous :

Most "leaks" are just glorified roster wishlists, as I've said.

Any legitimate leaker wouldn't make you play guessing games to figure out a game's roster. Allegedly it's because they're afraid of getting caught revealing confidential information, but here's the thing: Real leakers don't give a damn about being caught. They just post their data, whether that's video proof or just a straight list of factual information--but it's always general information about the game, no insight into development, no information on DLC, just vague truths--and then buzz off.

This is what Gematsu did, it's what the ESRB leaker did, it's what the Pokemon Let's Go leaker did, and it's what any legitimate Ultimate leaker will do (if there's a legitimate leak). None of this "Blunderbuss Van Helsing Pinocchio" nonsense.
In short, we should really start look back to the previous "right" leaks as to learn when to either bother with these, or even test their legitimacy.
Until then, I feel like it's time we don't give these any attention (at least this much), since a lot these end up being very padding to the discussion and have poor effect on the community over time.

EDIT: Now on this leak, if we even see these images as promised during Monday, we could give it another look - but again, we've had fake photo leaks before, so take that with grain of salt.

Last edited:

92MilesPrower

Smash Ace
*AUX CALL PUSH SELECT*

Snake: Jigglypuff again? Thankfully, I came prepared- Huh? Don't tell me... I swear I brought earplugs with me this time around...

Mei Ling: Missing something, Snake?

Snake: You've gotta be kidding me, Mei Ling. Why?

Mei Ling: Sorry, but Colonel wanted you to literally face the music and go into battle without earplugs or anything else along those lines. He considers it cheating when you're fighting Jigglypuff, because nobody else in Smash has anything to stop hearing her song.

Snake: *grumble* Well there goes my shot at becoming top tier...

Mei Ling: But... if you want, we can send a blanket and pillow to you for the next time you're facing Jigglypuff in battle...

Snake: ...you're not gonna let this go anytime soon, are you?

Mei Ling: Nope! Sweet dreams, Snake!

Makai Wars

Smash Ace
Basically, we should really look back the previous "right" leaks as to learn when to either bother with these, or even test their legitimacy. Until then, I feel like it's time we don't give these any attention, since a lot these end up being very padding to the discussion and have poor consequences on the community over time.
Exactly, I have no idea why people keep entertaining these people and posting the 500th fake leak here as if it generates discussion. It really is just spam imo.

Murlough

Euphoria
NNID
Murl0ugh
3DS FC
4828-8253-7746
If you're posting a theory on a forum, then you have to be prepared for others to counter parts of it. No theory is perfect and there's always going to be people who disagree or feel there are faults to it that should be addressed, and that's fine, we all have different opinions on the subject and talking about them is the best way to get a better understanding of it.

Additionally, all of us have had theories that have been countered over the months and I've even debated with others over my theories, so don't pretend that we can't get a dialogue going about them if you're willing to continue the conversation on them.
Nobody countered anything. I'm just venting because this wait is making me grouchy. I'm not getting defensive over my Pokken thing. I've admitted to being wrong before on here several times soooo.

I'm not "pretending" anything either. I genuinely have no idea what you are going on about.

Last edited:

Mutsukki

Smash Ace
Exactly, I have no idea why people keep entertaining these people and posting the 500th fake leak here as if it generates discussion. It really is just spam imo.
Yeah, I feel like just because it's from 4chan and anonymous people give it their time of day, but there are some that just aren't even barely real (Octoling as a DLC echo fighter, please.) and it just makes possible real leaks be just another on a sea of basically the same as me coming here and making anything up on the spot.

Most "leaks" are just glorified roster wishlists, as I've said.

Any legitimate leaker wouldn't make you play guessing games to figure out a game's roster. Allegedly it's because they're afraid of getting caught revealing confidential information, but here's the thing: Real leakers don't give a damn about being caught. They just post their data, whether that's video proof or just a straight list of factual information--but it's always general information about the game, no insight into development, no information on DLC, just vague truths--and then buzz off. This is what Gematsu did, it's what the ESRB leaker did, it's what the Pokemon Let's Go leaker did, and it's what any legitimate Ultimate leaker will do (if there's a legitimate leak). None of this "Blunderbuss Van Helsing Pinocchio" nonsense.
As a side note, the actual person who recorded the ESRB leak absolutely did care about losing their job (and they did btw), the person who recorded the video wasn't actually the person who posted it on 4chan. But yeah, most of the time they just dump info and that's it, no big story, no overly detailed explanations. Fake leaks are much easier to catch than people think.

Last edited:

RandomAce

Smash Champion
I think this quote from the interview is very interesting

Idk why but i don't think we're getting King K Rool in this game.

don't hate me pls
Wow. Umm, this is pretty big.

So the ballot is still basically a big suggestion box. It’s clear that Sakurai will only choose characters that he personally wants in the game and the ballot might open up more ideas for him. I think that’s why he also added the “Why should they get in?” box, in order to convince him with ideas of why they should be included.

In other words, he basically chooses characters from what the fan base suggested to him.

I think it boads well with Geno since it’s clear both he and fan base wants him in.

Mutsukki

Smash Ace

So the ballot is still basically a big suggestion box. It’s clear that Sakurai will only choose characters that he personally wants in the game and the ballot might open up more ideas for him. I think that’s why he also added the “Why should they get in?” box, in order to convince him with ideas of why they should be included.

In other words, he basically chooses characters from what the fan base suggested to him.

I think it boads well with Geno since it’s clear both he and fan base wants him in.
Yeah, out of all possible characters, I'm pretty confident Geno is #1 most probable of them all by a really huge margin. Sakurai wants him, we want him, Square got their Cloud, it's all there to make it possible now.

Let's also remember this year Nintendo just celebrated Super Mario RPG's birthday on twitter for no reason at all.
https://twitter.com/nintendoamerica/status/995680065206784000

EDIT: oh hey I don't know how to embed tweets lmao

Last edited:

ratmon19

Smash Cadet
Octoling as echos would be boring, since they are pretty much avatars and as a echo to a character that was barely added? All they would be is the same character with a different hair...boring.

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305

The issue of the "why" box is there's no way any tean would be able to read all of them.

RandomAce

Smash Champion
The issue of the "why" box is there's no way any tean would be able to read all of them.
I would assume they would have a team of people read them and summarize the various points about why they should be included to Sakurai.

It’s clear that Sakurai wants a reason to why people want in so much.

For example, in the ballot I voted for Issac and I talked about his incredible move set potential that can make him unique among the roster and about the Golden Sun game’s themselves and how Issac would allow Golden Sun to grow.

That sort of stuff to convince the team to go and make Issac playable.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom