• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Guh-Huzzah!

Totally humorous voice over and YouTube guy.
Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893
I guess? Again, the game already looks awesome, I don't know why guy would openly lie and keep the act for weeks, just so the reveal itself would be more "hype". I personally think it'd distasteful.

Also, I can see it potentially being case for, say Pauline but not for Waluigi or any Assist Trophy, they are all in the same place.
I could see Waluigi being something kind of like Toon Link, like i said, where if he's in play as a fighter, his assist trophy won't appear. Also just wanted to clarify, I still don't think he'll get in though. Also i can agree, Just fibbing and then going "lol! just wanted to make more hype!" does seem kinda out of character for Sakurai.

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
inb4 the newcomer Pokemon ends up being Tsareena.
or Alolan Exeggutor

Also apparently in a an interview with a Ubisoft guy on Mario x Rabbids DLC, there is some kind of DK team within Nintendo that basically handle the IP.

They're basically OK with DK's representation then. perhaps also gatekeeping a certain character recently.
#JusticeForChunky

To be fair, Smash 4 bundled Zoroark in with the Legendary Pokemon for some reason. Don't have any idea why though.

Maybe it has something to do with Zoroark being harder to get in Black and White than legitimate Legendaries. :ohwell:
tbf Goldeen is in the Master Ball too but that's more so for jebaiting people.

osby

Smash Obsessed
I could see Waluigi being something kind of like Toon Link, like i said, where if he's in play as a fighter, his assist trophy won't appear. Also just wanted to clarify, I still don't think he'll get in though. Also i can agree, Just fibbing and then going "lol! just wanted to make more hype!" does seem kinda out of character for Sakurai.
Thanks.

I, myself, don't see a "Waluigi is also playable" scenario because... well, why him and not Lyn or Knuckles? It doesn't really hold up. Or why his assist trophy even in the game?

We'll see, though, I hope I'm not wrong.

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue

Some news about the Chorus Kids.

Guh-Huzzah!

Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893
The fact that you could get an infinite amount of them through breeding made it a big old question mark to a lot of people. Plus, like I said, GameFreak themselves went back and forth on the issue, sometimes classifying it as a mythical, and other times acting as though it was straight-up non-legendary in general.
Well, you aren't wrong. I've just never really heard Pokemon call it Mythical or not. So i think it's Mythical due to the fact it's related to a Mythical Pokemon.
And yeah, It's Stats don't scream legendary, But this could also be said with Cosmog.

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
D

Deleted member

Well, you aren't wrong. I've just never really heard Pokemon call it Mythical or not. So i think it's Mythical due to the fact it's related to a Mythical Pokemon.
And yeah, It's Stats don't scream legendary, But this could also be said with Cosmog.
Cosmog at least evolves, Phione does not.

Phione is also larger than Manaphy for some reason...

Guh-Huzzah!

Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893
Thanks.

I, myself, don't see a "Waluigi is also playable" scenario because... well, why him and not Lyn or Knuckles? It doesn't really hold up. Or why his assist trophy even in the game?

We'll see, though, I hope I'm not wrong.
Hope your not wrong about Waluigi being in smash, or hope your not wrong about him not being in Smash. Honestly, i could care less about Waluigi's inclusion into the Smash family, but he would be fun I suppose. The Argument "Why not Lyn or Knuckles" Also is a fair argument. Maybe Waluigi because he has more demand than those two? I dunno.

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend

Any thoughts on this

(:ultrob::ultgnw::ultduckhunt: is somewhat not a valid arguement since he could present for the other stuff.)

ThyCheshireCat

Smash Apprentice
The Former British Empire of great Britain.
Unfortunately I agree with this, I don’t think Final Smash characters and background characters are impossible but I feel like an Assist Trophy character is a death sentence, so sorry Waluigi and Lyn.
Yea it's a shame that AT's probably aren't coming as playables but really i'm more than happy in the end since well... the Mother 3 of all deconfirmations to has now been vanquished and all my top five most wanted characters are still in the running.

Guh-Huzzah!

Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893
Cosmog at least evolves, Phione does not.

Phione is also larger than Manaphy for some reason...
Yeah. That's true. Considering Phione is also a Sea Guardian, a trait Manaphy also shares, it can also be said she's a Mythical too? I dunno though. I'm not an expert. Doubt a normal Pokemon could get the privilege of being a Sea Guardian.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Yeah. That's true. Considering Phione is also a Sea Guardian, a trait Manaphy also shares, it can also be said she's a Mythical too? I dunno though. I'm not an expert.
That's the million dollar question. Even if Game Freak gave a straight answer, they'd probably contradict it later on.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Happy page 2323.

Also, haven't been following a lot since the official sources and Sakurai don't really say anything much when it comes to Ultimate. Kind of a letdown, but the innitual reveal was worth of it honestly. Can't complain with the lack of no news because of it.

Anyway, still am hoping to see my favorites make it. King K.Rool, Dixie and Impa specifically, as I don't have high hopes for Isaac anymore </3

Guh-Huzzah!

Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893
Happy page 2323.

Also, haven't been following a lot since the official sources and Sakurai don't really say anything much when it comes to Ultimate. Kind of a letdown, but the innitual reveal was worth of it honestly. Can't complain with the lack of no news because of it.

Anyway, still am hoping to see my favorites make it. King K.Rool, Dixie and Impa specifically, as I don't have high hopes for Isaac anymore </3
My Dreams for Midna have already been broken.
midna3.PNG

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Happy page 2323.

Remember the ballot Diddy.

It's Isaac's ticket to getting in.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Remember the ballot Diddy.

It's Isaac's ticket to getting in.
Same with K.Rool, and he hasn't shown up either...

And I kinda think Isaac can be overshadowed by a lot of characters that we, as a online community, didn't think of. Casual crowd and us are kind of different as a whole.

I wanna have hope, but I'd rather not. If I can just get either of Dixie or Impa, I would honestly be content.

drag0nscythe

Smash Master
I think fs characters also have a death sentance. Why bother adding then to the FS if you planned on them being playable.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
There's a little bit of cringe in each Fanbase. In this image, we only allow the highest quality cringe. Smash Bros. Does not Qualify, because it is not a horror game and/or dark and edgy.
Neither is Undertale...?

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
There's a little bit of cringe in each Fanbase. In this image, we only allow the highest quality cringe. Smash Bros. Does not Qualify, because it is not a horror game and/or dark and edgy.
The only cringe thing here is insulting fanbases based on stereotypes.

Come off it.

Even then, its worthless spam.

Guh-Huzzah!

Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893
Neither is Undertale...?
The only cringe thing here is insulting fanbases based on stereotypes.

Come off it.

Even then, its worthless spam.
Just a joke. not trying to bash on fanbases. I'm aware not every fanbase is cringey based on Stereotypes. I've met some really nice people who are a part of these fanbases.

Guh-Huzzah!

Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893
*twiddles thumbs*
Is it just me, or are we back where we started before E3?
(I have something more productive to say coming up later so stick around)
Apparently we are xD.

Just tried to make a light joke and i get bashed on for it ¯\_(0_0)_/¯
Honestly kinda wish we could be a bit more positive on these forums. I try my best to be.

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908

Any thoughts on this

(:ultrob::ultgnw::ultduckhunt: is somewhat not a valid arguement since he could present for the other stuff.)
Ahhhhhhhhhhh, crap, that's a great idea. As much as I prefer Ashley I would be pretty damn hype for 9-volt.

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
They were probably added to FSs after they were made playable.
Still, the point is more that then co-existing is a possibility. Just something I guess to keep in mind (Also note that adding them to FS might make them easier to develop because they would have the models ready which cuts down on development time)

Guh-Huzzah!

Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893
Ahhhhhhhhhhh, crap, that's a great idea. As much as I prefer Ashley I would be pretty damn hype for 9-volt.
His final smash is hiding and doing nothing, just like in Gamer from Game & Wario! Great for For Fun matches!
All jokes aside, 9-Volt could definitely make a very interesting an unique fighter.

ThatGuyWhoKnowsNothing

Smash Apprentice
Apparently we are xD.

Just tried to make a light joke and i get bashed on for it ¯\_(0_0)_/¯
Honestly kinda wish we could be a bit more positive on these forums. I try my best to be.
you said it not me. (I also meant more specifically information wise, we know almost nothing other than E3)
Random question, I've heard very contradictory reports about the state of wave dashing, some people have said no wave anything, some people have said just wave landing, and some people have said wave landing and dashing. if someone could clear that up that would be great thanks

DraginHikari

Emerald Star Legacy
NNID
Draginhikari
3DS FC
4940-5455-2427
Switch FC
SW-7120-1891-0342
You mean Chrom? I could see him get in as yet another Echo honestly...
It's definitely plausible. I mean the main reason that he is still on the table because for as many Final Smashes as they have shown, Robin was one of the characters are far as I'm aware hasn't been shown yet. If they had shown him having the same final smash I'd pretty much say that he was done, but since he hasn't...

ThyCheshireCat

Smash Apprentice
The Former British Empire of great Britain.
They were probably added to FSs after they were made playable.
Yes, and who's to say that Kumatora wasn't modelled as an echo first and then just added to Lucas's Final Smash because she's the only character in Mother 3 who can use PK Starstorm? Or who's to say that Chrom wasn't added as a character before being readded to Robin's FS because he was well requested in the Smash For time period. Just because we see something first doesn't mean it was intended to be that way first, the Echoes could we complete but saved for a later reveal date and they were just put into the FS as a little bonus, also the Final Smashes would be shown off first because too many character announcements at once can leave a drought period of no announcements which the fanbase wouldn't like.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
So guys, another question. I want you to recommend me some Switch games.

Right now, am having a BLAST with Breath of the Wild, Tropical Freeze and Hyrule Warriors. But am looking for more. Cause eventually I will finish both BOTW and TF and HW alone cannot fulfill all my gaming needs on the Switch. Is there any game besides Oddysey that's as huge as these games that I missed out on? I exclude Odyssey for now because I know I cannot enjoy it as much as I did enjoy Mario 64 and Galaxy 1, so that'll hurt my overall experience.. but am open for any other suggestion.

osby

Smash Obsessed
It's definitely plausible. I mean the main reason that he is still on the table because for as many Final Smashes as they have shown, Robin was one of the characters are far as I'm aware hasn't been shown yet. If they had shown him having the same final smash I'd pretty much say that he was done, but since he hasn't...
Not that it's a proof, but Robin's Final Smash had a cut-in before anyone has theirs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom