• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

RileyXY1

Smash Hero
It's not guaranteed that we would even get a Pokemon newcomer. We may just not get one at all.

Pakky

Smash Hero
It's not guaranteed that we would even get a Pokemon newcomer. We may just not get one at all.
True, however do you think Pokemon Company would allow not one but two gens of Pokemon to be missed by Smash?

You're right and I was once of the belief that Pokemon should only have six guys in Smash. But now? It doesn't matter.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I rather have Takumi be the "Archer" in the leak; I just love his design. At the very least DLC PLEASE.
On the one hand, I love Takumi, he's basically my favorite character in Fates (one of the few that I like), and I guess he could fill the archer niche pretty well...
But on the other hand, not only do I personally like Decidueye better, but he can do pretty much everything Takumi does and more.
Just my two cents. I wouldn't be super mad if he turned out to be the "archer" but I'd rather have the more obvious choice here.

Cosmic77

Smash Hero
Switch FC
2166-0541-5238
I think it's Lycanroc. It has very dull concept arts and Dusk was probably not a thing when Sakurai was working on the project plan.
I feel like Decidueye's Pokken inclusion has some connection to Smash. It's just a theory but I feel like it was either Gamefreak's attempt to promote him before putting him in Smash or a consolation prize because he was a runner up.
This may sound biased but I feel that the former outcome is more likely.
I'll admit, I think timing is a little more trickier for Lycanroc, but overall, I don't think too much has changed. A project proposal is different from a project plan, so development may have started in 2016 much like I originally expected. The data in Su/Mo that suggested additional Lycanroc forms were coming, along with Ash capturing Rockruff so early in the anime tells me that Dusk Lycanroc was likely planned to be promoted early on.

Although, that's just me creating a scenario to explain why Lycanroc might have not taken as big of a hit as people think. For all I know, it could get disconfirmed tomorrow morning.

As for Decidueye, Namco was likely the ones responsible for choosing it. In an interview with the directors of the game, they revealed that they were the ones who chose most of the roster, as Game Freak originally wanted only fighting types like Lucario and Blaziken. They also looked into fan demand by asking people who'd they'd like to see get in the game.

Hehe give it some weeks and watch the anime.

To answer your question I have never gotten the fan fare for the owl and wolf. I get people like what they like but sometimes you gotta look at facts. I think based on how Pokemon Company deals with Smash and how the concept art an initial release of gen 7 started things should be pretty clear.

- You don't have Incenaroar be the cool guy in the movie and have a second stage pre evo in the anime for him not be the ace of the team.

- Mimikyu well the resume is too long now...
Concept art is entirely subjective and shouldn't be taken as fact like you say it should. For all we know, Sakurai may have thought Primarina was the most interesting.

Right now, the only factor we should be looking at is promotional material. Every Gen VII Pokemon is relevant, and popularity may have came too late for it to play a part in Sakurai's decision. With that in mind, Incineroar (the Litten line) and Lycanroc are getting the biggest push in the anime, while Mimikyu is getting a lot of merchandise. I don't think anyone can make a case for one of these three being a clear frontrunner. Feels like a pretty tight race to me.

Last edited:

Imadethistoseealeak

Smash Champion
There was a Pokemon conversation last night? Aww man. Can't believe I missed it. Those have been pretty scarce lately. Nice to get back to some of the done to death pre-E3 conversations every once in a while.

Well, in an attempt to rekindle the topic, which of the three big contenders - Decidueye, Mimikyu, and Lycanroc (purposely leaving out Incineroar because not much has changed for him) - do you think took the biggest hit after the info we got following E3?

Decidueye - Ivysaur returned and it might have been too early for Sakurai to know about its involvement with Pokken.
Mimikyu - Pichu returned and popularity likely wouldn't have been a factor.
Lycanroc - Might have been too early for Sakurai to know about the Dusk form.

For me, I'd say Decidueye. Not so much because it would no longer be the only grass type, but because I noticed a lot of people switching over to say Incineroar is the most likely. Feels like people are looking more toward the anime and timing when they consider a Pokemon's chances.
I think it's Lycanroc. It has very dull concept arts and Dusk was probably not a thing when Sakurai was working on the project plan.
I feel like Decidueye's Pokken inclusion has some connection to Smash. It's just a theory but I feel like it was either Gamefreak's attempt to promote him before putting him in Smash or a consolation prize because he was a runner up.
This may sound biased but I feel that the former outcome is more likely.
Lycanroc definitely got the biggest hit due to probably not being relevant enough at the time of the project plan (plus I already think he'd be too difficult to implement).
Decideueye got the biggest hit in popularity though as the starter trio fans got what they wanted. He's defintely still popular but less of the obvious frontrunner.
Mimikyu and Incineroar got the buff and idk why you left Inceniroar out. Mimikyu didn't show up as a Pokeball despite being likely to be one. It could show up later but if it is one I'm surprised it wasn't shown at E3 like Bewear.
The only thing holding back Incineroar previously was "We already have a fire starter" but Squirtle and Greninja negate that so it's chances actually rose. It's very likely imo.

Gosh I could talk about Pokemon newcomers for ever lol.

I also wanna point out something I thought...I feel like the first thing Mimikyu detractors jump to is how it would be hard to imagine because it's not humanoid. And yet Lycanroc is considered likely?! It's even harder to imagine a quadraped fighter with no extra appendages like Ivysaur has. Will never understand that....

I will fight you (and anyone else who doubts a Gen 7 Pokemon newcomer) forever on this. You swore Ridley wouldn't get in and here he is. I will fully admit I was wrong and will be incredibly shocked if we don't get, specifically, a Gen 7 newcomer.

(Also I'm mostly joking, I'm not legit fighting or arguing sorry lol)

Last edited:

KMDP

Smash Legend
Well, of course. There is that possibility. I can see Sakurai skipping out on a Pokémon newcomer for the base release if the number of newcomers is as small as some people think it is and they want to go all in on Ballot picks.
On the one hand, I love Takumi, he's basically my favorite character in Fates (one of the few that I like), and I guess he could fill the archer niche pretty well...
My favourite Fates character is Charlotte.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
You're right and I was once of the belief that Pokemon should only have six guys in Smash. But now? It doesn't matter.
It doesn’t matter to me either. Don’t know why some people get too hung up on this. But I’m glad you are not too hung up on this anymore. :052:

Cosmic77

Smash Hero
Switch FC
2166-0541-5238
Lycanroc definitely got the biggest hit due to probably not being relevant enough at the time of the project plan (plus I already think he'd be too difficult to implement)
One thing I think people should remember about Lycanroc is that the Dusk form isn't the only form that could get in Smash. If we look at the other two forms, their chances shouldn't have been effected at all by E3. Heck, Midnight might end up getting in Smash just because Sakurai didn't know about Dusk at the time, and he thought Midnight would be easier to implement than Midday.

Just food for thought. Still think Dusk is the most likely of the three.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Going purely by design and moveset potential, I'd say Decidueye and Incineroar both have a shot at coming to Smash.

Both could bring something new to Smash: Decidueye being a dedicated archer*, and Incineroar being a dedicated grappler*.

D*The Links and Pits have archery, but it's only a single move in their moveset.
I*There are characters with command grabs (Falcon, Bowser, Ganondorf, Ridley), but none whose moveset is based solely around the idea.
I think these two are the frontrunners at this point, honestly.
I'd say Incineroar is the more likely of the two. Part of it is because I want to temper my expectations, but also because his concept art is actually really detailed which actually shows a lot of material to work with in Smash.

Mimikyu is the honorable mention imo but I don't think being marketed is going to be enough. I stand by the body type argument.
...You know, you keep saying stuff like "there might not be a Pokemon newcomer" and "not all characters are going to be from the ballot", and there are problems with these statements.
  1. You're not giving arguments to support your points
  2. It comes off as an attempt to end discussions and doesn't contribute at all
  3. You never give examples of characters that actually could make it in
So either stop, or try to give decent arguments to back up your points.
Just my bit of constructive criticism.

Murlough

Euphoria
NNID
Murl0ugh
3DS FC
4828-8253-7746
There was a Pokemon conversation last night? Aww man. Can't believe I missed it. Those have been pretty scarce lately. Nice to get back to some of the done to death pre-E3 conversations every once in a while.

Well, in an attempt to rekindle the topic, which of the three big contenders - Decidueye, Mimikyu, and Lycanroc (purposely leaving out Incineroar because not much has changed for him) - do you think took the biggest hit after the info we got following E3?

Decidueye - Ivysaur returned and it might have been too early for Sakurai to know about its involvement with Pokken.
Mimikyu - Pichu returned and popularity likely wouldn't have been a factor.
Lycanroc - Might have been too early for Sakurai to know about the Dusk form.

For me, I'd say Decidueye. Not so much because it would no longer be the only grass type, but because I noticed a lot of people switching over to say Incineroar is the most likely. Feels like people are looking more toward the anime and timing when they consider a Pokemon's chances.
None of them took a hit. Maybe Lycanroc but eh. I don't think Dusk has a chance but the other two are possible.

Pichu has nothing to do with Mimikyu. That definately is not a hit and Popularity still matters to an extent. Game Freak knows full well which Pokemon are likely to be popular.

No its 2nd place in the Japanese poll doesn't mean much, but the fact that it was marketed so much does.

Mimikyu's chances are as good as they've ever been.

Decidueye and Incineroar's are exactly the same. Nothing really changed from E3, except Bewear getting rekt.

Pakky

Smash Hero
I also wanna point out something I thought...I feel like the first thing Mimikyu detractors jump to is how it would be hard to imagine because it's not humanoid. And yet Lycanroc is considered likely?! It's even harder to imagine a quadraped fighter with no extra appendages like Ivysaur has. Will never understand that....

On Mimkyu detractors scoffing at Mimikyu not being humanoid... Burhs are you joking? Its a dome and a sphere... That bobbles about, that's the easiest thing to animate. It has hands,I don't see the issue. Oh and don't bring up size guys :ultridley:

I agree, the wolf can't even use items and rock pokemon can't just spurt out vines and use them as 'hands'

Last edited:

Imadethistoseealeak

Smash Champion
Omg I love her!!! Niles is my favorite but she's probably my favorite lady. Her character was just...just great lol. I was planning to do another run where she marries my Corrin because whatever it takes to get an in with the royal family right?
One thing I think people should remember about Lycanroc is that the Dusk form isn't the only form that could get in Smash. If we look at the other two forms, their chances shouldn't have been effected at all by E3. Heck, Midnight might end up getting in Smash just because Sakurai didn't know about Dusk at the time, and he thought Midnight would be easier to implement than Midday.

Just food for thought. Still think Dusk is the most likely of the three.
While that's true it's also important to know that Lycanroc relies heavily on its impact in the anime and as Ash's ace. In the game it has little special screen time (Where as the starters are starters and Mimikyu has a Trial dedicated to it). And in the anime Ash's Lycanroc is Dusk form so..

I guess what I'm saying is if you're gunna argue Lycanroc getting in as midday or midnight it has to be without the anime as support, which isnt much. I wouldnt be surprised if Lycanroc got it, but I would if it was anything but Dusk form.

(For comparison it's like saying regular Exeggcutor has a chance because it's Alolan form is heavily marketed and featured in the game).

Last edited:

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
On Mimkyu detractors scoffing at Mimikyu not being humanoid... Burhs are you joking? Its a dome and a sphere... That bobbles about, that's the easiest thing to animate. It has hands,I don't see the issue. Oh and don't bring up size guys :ultridley:

I agree, the wolf can't even use items and rock pokemon can't just spurt out vines and use them as 'hands;
Chandelure for smash.

D

Deleted member

As for Decidueye, Namco was likely the ones responsible for choosing it. In an interview with the directors of the game, they revealed that they were the ones who chose most of the roster, as Game Freak originally wanted only fighting types like Lucario and Blaziken. They also looked into fan demand by asking people who'd they'd like to see get in the game.
Namco were also working on Sm4sh.
Maybe I'm grasping at straws but there seems to be a connection here.
Lycanroc definitely got the biggest hit due to probably not being relevant enough at the time of the project plan (plus I already think he'd be too difficult to implement).
Decideueye got the biggest hit in popularity though as the starter trio fans got what they wanted. He's defintely still popular but less of the obvious frontrunner.
Mimikyu and Incineroar got the buff and idk why you left Inceniroar out. Mimikyu didn't show up as a Pokeball despite being likely to be one. It could show up later but if it is one I'm surprised it wasn't shown at E3 like Bewear.
The only thing holding back Incineroar previously was "We already have a fire starter" but Squirtle and Greninja negate that so it's chances actually rose. It's very likely imo.

Gosh I could talk about Pokemon newcomers for ever lol.

I don't think anything really changed for Decidueye in terms of chances. He was just overrated before.
Charlotte is a good one.

KMDP

Smash Legend
Personally, I'm not overly concerned about the number of representatives from a series, provided most of them bring something new to Smash.

The fact that I like both Pokémon and Fire Emblem... may have something to do with that, admittedly. But the thing about those two series is that they're character driven 'action'-based games with many unique characters to pull; unlike, say, Animal Crossing, Pikmin, Metroid, Kid Icarus (before Uprising) and others. It makes sense they are 'over-represented', they have a lot to work with.

Last edited:

osby

Smash Obsessed
All things considered, I wouldn't even be surprised if a few Subspace enemies DID return, since a number were present in Smash Run.
Guess I kinda wish Smash Bros. also paid homage to its own history, in addition to all the other franchises.
Like it be cool if we saw the Fighting Polygon/Wireframe/Alloy Team again. Perhaps in an all-new PvE mode where you fight various enemies, then the Fighting X Team, then Master Hand or even Tabuu.
Or if they made the stage you fight Metal Mario on a regular one you can pick.

There's loads of cool original content in Smash, but people never seem to talk much about it.
I agree, Smash also has it's own style. All original bosses were good and fighting against Subspace Army was sometimes more fun than other Nintendo minions, since they could do so many different things.

EDIT: Late to discussion.

Last edited:

Cosmic77

Smash Hero
Switch FC
2166-0541-5238
I agree, the wolf can't even use items and rock pokemon can't just spurt out vines and use them as 'hands;
You explain why body type doesn't matter for Mimkyu, but then you go on to say that body type should hold back Lycanroc.

We've gone over this problem before.

It doesn't have to make sense, it just has to work. Sakurai isn't gonna give up on a character just because it can't hold an item properly.

Darkraid

Smash Champion
Namco were also working on Sm4sh.
Maybe I'm grasping at straws but there seems to be a connection here.

I don't think anything really changed for Decidueye in terms of chances. He was just overrated before.

Charlotte is a good one.
What makes Lycanroc special? I still think Decidueye has the most special in terms of moveset

D

Deleted member

What makes Lycanroc special? I still think Decidueye has the most special in terms of moveset
He's Ash's ace in the anime and Rockruff was pretty heavily promoted before Sun and Moon released iirc.

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
Personally, I'm not overly concerned about the number of representatives from a series, provided most of them bring something new to Smash.

The fact that I like both Pokémon and Fire Emblem... may have something to do with that, admittedly. But the thing about those two series is that they're character driven 'action'-based games with many unique characters to pull; unlike, say, Animal Crossing, Pikmin, Metroid, Kid Icarus (before Uprising) and others. It makes sense they are 'over-represented', they have a lot to work with.
That's also how I feel about it. "Bringing something new" is kinda why my signature wishlist is what it is:

Goemon: Chain pipe weapon, giant flaming coin projectiles, and Impact for a final smash? Hell yeah

Geno: Hopes and dreams realized, gun arm, SMRPG mechanics and Geno Whirl? And any of his other special moves? Hell yeah

Simon Belmont: Whippy boi? (I uh... I actually haven't played Castlevania, but I do like the concept of a Belmont joining) Hell yeah

K. Rool: Donkey Kong antagonist? Blunderbuss? The potential for an another awesome unique heavy character? Hell yeah

Paper Mario: Bringing in any of his multitude of unique abilities over the game? Partner mechanics? Hammer as a main weapon and not just a down special? Hell yeah

Darkraid

Smash Champion
He's Ash's ace in the anime and Rockruff was pretty heavily promoted before Sun and Moon released iirc.
So? Lycanroc feels very bland to me in terms of a fighter. Unless he brings something new to smash, he shouldnt even be considered.

Hidan

Smash Apprentice
True, however do you think Pokemon Company would allow not one but two gens of Pokemon to be missed by Smash?

Unless I'm missing something, aren't both Gen 3 and 5 lacking playable reps? Without Gen 7 that would make it 3 gens total. (Also it would show a weird trend of the "odd gens" besides Gen 1 not being given playable characters)

D

Deleted member

So? Lycanroc feels very bland to me in terms of a fighter. Unless he brings something new to smash, he shouldnt even be considered.
Lycanroc could be an earthbender. It's nothing to scoff at.
I'd prefer Isaac to be the earthbender of Smash but that's for another discussion.

Last edited by a moderator:

Mega Bidoof

Smash Hero
NNID
Link46
3DS FC
1160-9840-1542
Nobody can even bring up a good argument against a Pokemon newcomer.
I mean the dev cycles may complicate things.

Yeah, for SSB4 and XY, Sakurai got concept art for Greninja, but the time periods line up different.

??? 2010: XY begins development
January 2012: XY is announced with footage shown of starters and legendaries (starter final forms were almost definitely done)
April 2012: Smash 4 project proposal, base roster decided
October 2012: XY is released

Now for Ultimate...

November 2014: Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire are released and Sun and Moon development begins
December 2015: Smash Ultimate project proposal, but full development hasn’t started yet
February 2015: Pokemon Sun and Moon is announced, with footage showing models of Pokémon still being worked on
May 2016: First real footage of Sun and Moon is shown off, with starters and boxart legendaries
June 2016: Concept art for Decidueye and the other final starter forms leak, meaning their designs were DEFINITLEY completed by this time
November 2016: Sun and Moon release

When Smash 4’s roster was decided, XY was nearly two years into development, already announced with footage, and six months until release.
When Ultimate’s roster was presumably decided, SuMo was only one year into development, wouldn’t be announced for another three months and without footage for another six, and nearly another year until release.

It just seems a bit more iffy for Sun and Moon in Ultimate. Maybe Sakurai put down a placeholder for a Sun and Moon newcomer, knowing it was in development and set to release in a year, or maybe even had access to concept art.

All I’m saying is that there’s a decent chance there won’t be a Pokémon newcomer. I’m still predicting one (either Mimikyu or Decidueye), but I wouldn’t be too surprised if we don’t get one.

EDIT: Uh oh I got my numbers confused.
Let me re-do this.

January 2013: XY is announced with footage shown of starters and legendaries (starter final forms were almost definitely done)
October 2013: XY is released

Now with Ultimate

November 2014: Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire are released and Sun and Moon development begins
December 2015: Smash Ultimate project proposal, but full development hasn’t started yet
February 2015: Pokemon Sun and Moon is announced, with footage showing models of Pokémon still being worked on
May 2016: First real footage of Sun and Moon is shown off, with starters and boxart legendaries
June 2016: Concept art for Decidueye and the other final starter forms leak, meaning their designs were DEFINITLEY completed by this time

When Smash 4’s roster was decided, XY was two years into development, wouldn’t be announced for another nine months, and wouldn’t be released for another 18 months.

When Ultimate’s roster was presumably decided, SuMo was one year into development, wouldn’t be announced for another three months and without footage for another six, and nearly another year until release.

Yeah upon fixing my mistake it actually seems better for a SuMo newcomer.

Carry on I’m just stupid.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

You guys are SO boring if you can muster to dislike how incredible the Subspace enemies were.

They had so much delightful charm to them!

I quite liked that they didn't go just Nintendo enemies, it really made Subspace feel like this Nintendo crossover was invaded by a strange outside force.
It certainly beats "HEY RECOGNIZE THIS???". I really like the idea that the Smash Bros. universe has its own unique denizens.
I do not hate Subspace enemies, but I would much prefer adding more enemies from actual games.
Sure they did it with adding Goombas and so on, but we need more stuff from games.

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
Ooromine IV, the second planet from the sun FS-176
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804

Yeah, for SSB4 and XY, Sakurai got concept art for Greninja, but the time periods line up different.

January 2012: XY is announced with footage shown of starters and legendaries (starter final forms were almost definitely done)
X/Y were released October 2013.

Pakky

Smash Hero
You explain why body type doesn't matter for Mimkyu, but then you go on to say that body type should hold back Lycanroc.

We've gone over this problem before.

It doesn't have to make sense, it just has to work. Sakurai isn't gonna give up on a character just because it can't hold an item properly.
It doesn't matter for Mimkyu because it has hands that can use the Super scope and what not if the character has appendages or another explanation that visually reads (being psychic) then items aren't a problem. When you're a wolf, like a'real' wolf (Not like :ultduckhunt:)without any of that, things get weird really quick

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Unpopular Opinion of the Day:
Look, I am not an Undertale fan and I only watched people play it, but.....
Sans would be kind of cool in Smash Bros though.

D

Deleted member

They could just go with Verlisify Midnight Lycanroc, who is bipedal, and doesn't face the same issues as Midday/Dusk Lycanroc. Juuuust sayin.

pls dont tho

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member

They could just go with Verlisify Midnight Lycanroc, who is bipedal. Juuuust sayin.

pls dont tho
Why are you disrespecting Midnight Lycanroc by calling him "Verlisify"?
We do not use that v word ever.
That v word is cursed.

Cosmic77

Smash Hero
Switch FC
2166-0541-5238

Now for Ultimate...

When Smash 4’s roster was decided, XY was nearly two years into development, already announced with footage, and six months until release.
When Ultimate’s roster was presumably decided, SuMo was only one year into development, wouldn’t be announced for another three months and without footage for another six, and nearly another year until release.

It just seems a bit more iffy for Sun and Moon in Ultimate. Maybe Sakurai put down a placeholder for a Sun and Moon newcomer, knowing it was in development and set to release in a year, or maybe even had access to concept art.

All I’m saying is that there’s a decent chance there won’t be a Pokémon newcomer. I’m still predicting one (either Mimikyu or Decidueye), but I wouldn’t be too surprised if we don’t get one.
Sun and Moon was actually closer to its release than X and Y was when Smash development began. If anything, the former has better timing for Smash than the latter.

It doesn't matter for Mimkyu because it has hands that can use the Super scope and what not if the character has appendages or another explanation that visually readable (being psychic) then items aren't a problem. When you're a wolf, like a'real' wolf (Not like :ultduckhunt:)without any of that, things get weird really quick
Should it really matter though? It doesn't necessarily make sense for ROB to eat Superspicy Curry and start shooting fire from between his eyes.

If Sakurai wants the character, he'll make it work.

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
Unpopular Opinion of the Day:
Look, I am not an Undertale fan and I only watched people play it, but.....
Sans would be kind of cool in Smash Bros though.
Potentially, but there are other indie games I'd like to have a character in more than Undertale.
I try not to discount a character based on the rage it would induce from its introduction (mostly because said rage is usually kinda funny)- in this case I think it's more that if we do get an indie rep, why would it be from Undertale over anything else?

...Also (unrelated to the quote) I don't get the whole bipedal / quadrupedal thing cause Ivysaur works just fine

92MilesPrower

Smash Ace
I have my doubts about Lycanroc, Dusk form was likely not even a thing that existed in late 2015/early 2016, and it's likely the only form that has a chance to be playable. Otherwise, I'd say Incineroar, Decidueye, and Mimikyu all have an equal chance to be in Smash. (No, Pokken likely doesn't increase Decidueye's chances, Greninja isn't even in Pokken) I'd be happy with any of the three as long as they bring a new and interesting moveset and play style to the table. Decidueye would have a mostly archery based moveset with grass and ghost moves, Incineroar can use wrestling techniques such as slams and clotheslines and can potentially fight dirty (plus spit fire from his belt), and Mimikyu can use ghost and fairy moves and use its claws from the true form and probably the wooden tail too.

osby

Smash Obsessed
I do not hate Subspace enemies, but I would much prefer adding more enemies from actual games.
Sure they did it with adding Goombas and so on, but we need more stuff from games.
Well, more stuff coming from other games means more time negotiating them. In Brawl ,they were really pressed for time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom