• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Impa4Smash

Smash Lord
It's my substitute pick for Super Macho Man, but Buzzwole has a significantly higher possibility.

Still cool nonetheless.

I wouldn't mind a Sandygast Pokeball item being made, probably using something like Sandstorm to deal minimal AoE damage to other players.
That would be a cool Pokeball. Fits well too

In all seriousness, I'd love Alolan Marowak as an actual Gen 7 Rep (even if it's cheating a bit).

DaybreakHorizon

The guy who predicted Sora as Fighter 11
NNID
tehponycorn
3DS FC
4253-3486-4603
We've got our first set boys:
"Leak" 1:
Hello 4chan! I am a former employee working at Nintendo. I do know something about the Direct that you people are eagerly waiting! Call it a Part 2 of E3 2018... (also Waluigi isn't coming to Smash.) These are in random order.

-Dream Friends will get Amiibo near the end of Wave 3 this Fall
-More information on Yoshi will be shown, along with Metroid Prime 4.
-Metroid Prime 4 will have some kind of Online Multiplayer
-Yes. Bandai Namco is developing MP4.
-Nintendo Switch Online will have better servers for Splatoon 2 and other games, not every game like Fortnite or Warframe will need NSO.
-Mario Maker might be ported to Switch, with additional features.
-Smash will have a suprise fighter, not gonna say who but, it's an unexpected guest...
-Animal Crossing Switch will be teased but it might be somewhere near 2019
-New update for Splatoon 2 will be in the Fall, adding a new mode and new gear and weapons.
-Goes live somewhere near August-September
-More indies will be shown off
-Switch update will add Music to the HOME Menu and eShop
-Smash Run and Break the Targets will come back
-The Nintendo Direct Skits will come back, including Reggie and Bill.
-NSO will have games up to the Gamecube era
-Themes are in the works
-F-Zero is coming back soon

Have fun with Nintendo Switch this Fall ;)
Sounds nice, but likely fake.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Leak" 2:
Story Mode will return
July
Simon Belmont #66
August (EVO)
Heihachi #67
September (Direct)
King K rool trailer #68, then Kiddy Kong and Dixie Kong trailer #69
October
Shadow (ECHO of Sonic) #38
November (Smash Direct)
Rayman #70, Medusa (ECHO of Palutena) #54
December
Kamek, the joke character #71
I would love this third party roster, but could use more Nintendo characters. Also, Kamek over other characters? No thank you.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Leak" 3:
New Nintendo Direct on July 27th

>new Zelda will be on Switch, will be titled The Legend of Zelda Hylian Soul, will be a 2D style one similar to ALBW
>New Mario game titled New Super Mario Bros 3, will be similar to the previous New Super Mario Bros games
>Metroid Prime 4 news, announcing a release date of spring 2019
>more Smash news
>Simon Belmont, Shadow, and Dragonborn as newcomers. These are the final newcomers. Shadow will be an echo fighter
>new assist trophies that will premiere in the direct include Chibi- Robo, Sephiroth, Rabbids. Raiden will also replace Gray Fox
>Tekken 7 will be getting a port to Switch
>Fallout 4 will be getting a port to Switch
>Star Fox Zero will also be ported to Switch and will have gyro controls with either the Switch or the Joy Cons
>Animal Crossing Amiibo Festival 2 will be announced
>Donkey Kong Country Jungle Jamboree, a new DKC game developed by Retro
Literally a repost of a former leak, the only difference being the name of the Legend of Zelda game. Not being counted.
"Leak" 4
Sup Smash Brothers. I have the final roster list for Super Smash Brothers Ultimate. Some of these could be subject to change because development is still being done on some of these characters.

4?. Dark Samus (Metroid)
11?. Blood Falcon (F-Zero)
27?. Galacta Knight (Kirby)
38?. Shadow The Hedgehog (Sonic)
55?. Ms. Pac-Man (Pac-Man)
66. Bandana Dee (Kirby)
67. Dixie Kong (Donkey Kong)
68. Viridi (Kid Icarus)
69. Dig-Dug (Dig-Dug)
70. King K. Rool (Donkey Kong)
71. Heihachi (Tekken)
72. Simon Belmont (Castlevania)
73. Banjo Kazooie (Banjo Kazooie)

Do what you wish with this Information.
Galacta Knight is already a costume for Meta Knight, but whatever.
"Leak" 5

Hi! I have info about the next Nintendo Direct coming this month,surely on July 23th-27th. Here we go:

- Smash will appear at the beginning. It will show Rex and Pyra as a dual character (like Ice Climbers although Pyra doesn't attack)

- There will be a large third parties and indies announcements. We'll know Undertale and Dark Souls launch dates, and will announce games like Diablo 3, FIFA 19, Darksiders 3 and more.

-New Yoshi finally appear at this time. It calle Yoshi's: Playroom and it comes on 2019

And finally a new teaser about Animal Crossing Switch game. No dates, no gameplay
We'll see how this one ends up.

D

Deleted member

Showerthought: Sakurai reveals newcomers the Brawl and Smash 4 way - a CGI trailer but randomly posted on the website like the good old days.

Ooof...
Yeah........no. In this Nintendo Direct era, seeing a character trailer just popping into existence is not plausible.

and if it happens, it will the exception to the norm (like Robin's Trailer, and even then we got told that a trailer was coming before it dropped)

Murlough

Euphoria
NNID
Murl0ugh
3DS FC
4828-8253-7746
That would be a cool Pokeball. Fits well too

In all seriousness, I'd love Alolan Marowak as an actual Gen 7 Rep (even if it's cheating a bit).
Gen 7 was a great region for Ghost types in general. And then there is that Anchor thing.........like OK

To clear up an earlier thing I said: I'm not saying the popularity poll is a point against or for anyone, I'm saying it against the idea that Mimikyu's popularity is "overexaggerated." That claim is straight up false. Add "in *insert *not Japan* here* and then we have an argument, albeit one with no actual proof to stand on.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Imagine it. Pallosand gets in, over everyone else, a goddamn sand castle beats the competition. Anyone who isn't one out of the whole six Pallosand supporters would probably get Rayman-Leak-Debunked tiers of angry.

We've got our first set boys:
"Leak" 1:
Hello 4chan! I am a former employee working at Nintendo. I do know something about the Direct that you people are eagerly waiting! Call it a Part 2 of E3 2018... (also Waluigi isn't coming to Smash.) These are in random order.

-Dream Friends will get Amiibo near the end of Wave 3 this Fall
-More information on Yoshi will be shown, along with Metroid Prime 4.
-Metroid Prime 4 will have some kind of Online Multiplayer
-Yes. Bandai Namco is developing MP4.
-Nintendo Switch Online will have better servers for Splatoon 2 and other games, not every game like Fortnite or Warframe will need NSO.
-Mario Maker might be ported to Switch, with additional features.
-Smash will have a suprise fighter, not gonna say who but, it's an unexpected guest...
-Animal Crossing Switch will be teased but it might be somewhere near 2019
-New update for Splatoon 2 will be in the Fall, adding a new mode and new gear and weapons.
-Goes live somewhere near August-September
-More indies will be shown off
-Switch update will add Music to the HOME Menu and eShop
-Smash Run and Break the Targets will come back
-The Nintendo Direct Skits will come back, including Reggie and Bill.
-NSO will have games up to the Gamecube era
-Themes are in the works
-F-Zero is coming back soon

Have fun with Nintendo Switch this Fall ;)
Sounds nice, but likely fake.
"Leak" 2:
Story Mode will return
July
Simon Belmont #66
August (EVO)
Heihachi #67
September (Direct)
King K rool trailer #68, then Kiddy Kong and Dixie Kong trailer #69
October
Shadow (ECHO of Sonic) #38
November (Smash Direct)
Rayman #70, Medusa (ECHO of Palutena) #54
December
Kamek, the joke character #71
I would love this third party roster, but could use more Nintendo characters. Also, Kamek over other characters? No thank you.
"Leak" 3:
New Nintendo Direct on July 27th

>new Zelda will be on Switch, will be titled The Legend of Zelda Hylian Soul, will be a 2D style one similar to ALBW
>New Mario game titled New Super Mario Bros 3, will be similar to the previous New Super Mario Bros games
>Metroid Prime 4 news, announcing a release date of spring 2019
>more Smash news
>Simon Belmont, Shadow, and Dragonborn as newcomers. These are the final newcomers. Shadow will be an echo fighter
>new assist trophies that will premiere in the direct include Chibi- Robo, Sephiroth, Rabbids. Raiden will also replace Gray Fox
>Tekken 7 will be getting a port to Switch
>Fallout 4 will be getting a port to Switch
>Star Fox Zero will also be ported to Switch and will have gyro controls with either the Switch or the Joy Cons
>Animal Crossing Amiibo Festival 2 will be announced
>Donkey Kong Country Jungle Jamboree, a new DKC game developed by Retro
Literally a repost of a former leak, the only difference being the name of the Legend of Zelda game. Not being counted.
"Leak" 4
Sup Smash Brothers. I have the final roster list for Super Smash Brothers Ultimate. Some of these could be subject to change because development is still being done on some of these characters.

4?. Dark Samus (Metroid)
11?. Blood Falcon (F-Zero)
27?. Galacta Knight (Kirby)
38?. Shadow The Hedgehog (Sonic)
55?. Ms. Pac-Man (Pac-Man)
66. Bandana Dee (Kirby)
67. Dixie Kong (Donkey Kong)
68. Viridi (Kid Icarus)
69. Dig-Dug (Dig-Dug)
70. King K. Rool (Donkey Kong)
71. Heihachi (Tekken)
72. Simon Belmont (Castlevania)
73. Banjo Kazooie (Banjo Kazooie)

Do what you wish with this Information.
Galacta Knight is already a costume for Meta Knight, but whatever.
"Leak" 5

Hi! I have info about the next Nintendo Direct coming this month,surely on July 23th-27th. Here we go:

- Smash will appear at the beginning. It will show Rex and Pyra as a dual character (like Ice Climbers although Pyra doesn't attack)

- There will be a large third parties and indies announcements. We'll know Undertale and Dark Souls launch dates, and will announce games like Diablo 3, FIFA 19, Darksiders 3 and more.

-New Yoshi finally appear at this time. It calle Yoshi's: Playroom and it comes on 2019

And finally a new teaser about Animal Crossing Switch game. No dates, no gameplay
We'll see how this one ends up.
Isn't it funny how all these leakers who try to identify themselves are just "former employers"?

Last edited:

Makai Wars

Smash Ace
Oh I agree completely. December 2015 is wayyy to early for popularity to have any influence unless they did the whole "insert Gen 7 Pokemon here" thing and waited. The only thing we have to go on is which Pokemon is currently being pushed.
This, sadly. With that in mind we have to go off which Pokemon are most present in media outside of the games and make our guesses from there Gen 7 frontrunners are

• Decidueye - Spotlight in Pokken, Rowlet being Ash's starter
  • Incineroar - Rival spot in the movie+anime, Intimidate makes him really strong in VCG
  • Lycanrock - Ash's anime ace, evolution gimmick, special third form
  • Mimikyu - Pikachu v3, basically manufactured to be marketable
  • Zeraora/Marshadow - Late additions but both have some marketing push behind them
After that we have less likely things such as Tapu Koko or an Ultra Beast. The thing is when Gamefreak really wants to push a Pokemon, they make it blatantly obvious from the get go that you're supposed to use this Pokemon above all else, for example Greninja was Ash's starter, got a special Mega "evolution", got one of the best abilties in the game with Protean, excellent stats, everything about Greninja tells you "yes, use this one,"

But we don't really HAVE that in Gen 7, all the aftermentioned Pokemon are only so-so in battle with the exception of Mimikyu, or don't have the sheer marketing push that Greninja got. In Gen 4 it was obvious Gamefreak wanted you to love Lucario, and they tried the same thing with Zoroark and messed up, and again with Greninja, but this time it's like...there's so many potential Smash characters that it's almost like NONE of them are gonna get in and we're gonna get something ridiculous like Tangela or Slowpoke or something.

The Animator

Smash Journeyman
I keep checking this site hoping to find legit information worth talking about, instead all I get is more:

Bad leaks

Last edited by a moderator:

Wyoming

Connery, Sean
Switch FC
7748-5364-3982
Yeah........no. In this Nintendo Direct era, seeing a character trailer just popping into existence is not plausible.

and if it happens, it will the exception to the norm (like Robin's Trailer, and even then we got told that a trailer was coming before it dropped)
Let me dream, buddy.

Murlough

Euphoria
NNID
Murl0ugh
3DS FC
4828-8253-7746
Opinion. Do we need another grass rep now that we have Ivysaur?
We don't "need" a new Smash game.

"Need" is subjective and adds nothing to the discussion.

I doubt anyone is still arguing for Decidueye based on it being a grass type. The character has popularity besides that, if that hasn't been obvious by now.

D

Deleted member

Can we let this meme die already?
It's not like Sakurai was going to choose Decidueye because of the arbitrary starter trio fanrule anyway, and Decidueye and Ivysaur would have completely different playstyles.

Last edited by a moderator:

Makai Wars

Smash Ace
Decidueye is way more than just a "grass rep" though, he's a spooky archer owl who can fly and pin people's shadows to the ground. There was never an attempt to have some arbitrary Fire/Water/Grass trifecta in the Pokemon selection in Smash outside of Pokemon Trainer, and it's contained to just him. If Decidueye were a Rock type, or a Poison type, he's still be an equally valid contender as a Smash fighter.

Murlough

Euphoria
NNID
Murl0ugh
3DS FC
4828-8253-7746
I find it odd that people are breaking Pokemon fighters into type representation instead of merit of joining the cast.
Its odd but people have been doing it forever. I think the value of it is pretty pointless, since Decidueye and Ivysaur wouldn't play anything the same.

I'm gonna keep using it anyway, though. :p Ghost/Fairy is literally the combination of my two favorite types. It's hard for me to ignore, even if it doesn't matter all that much when it comes to Smash.

We're missing a final evo for grass.
I personally want sceptile but his time has passed unfortunately.
*Breathes in* Boi.

We are missing a final evo for most types, whydoesthisargumentexistmyeyeshurthelp.

Last edited:

SuperSmashStephen

Smash Ace
So, in another addition of “Characters that I want that will never happen.”

Solange from Code of Princess, and not because of her revealing clothing. Gay as a diamond studded rainbow here. I just think she’s pretty, and a heavy female sword user would be cool.

Troykv

Smash Master
Sonic 06 was gonna end up bad no matter what

Naka leaving during development
Ogawa leaving to work on secret rings
Nakamura left alone on the project
Sonic Team having to cancel there new FPS IP to make room for rushing out 06
Sonic Team employees leaking out being tired of working on sonic games every year
Sega literally not caring at all
The only reasons Sonic Series is alive is because there is still people that buy their ****... The internet would have killed even harder Sonic 2006 in these years.

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
Its odd but people have been doing it forever. I think the value of it is pretty pointless, since Decidueye and Ivysaur wouldn't play anything the same.

I'm gonna keep using it anyway, though, though. :p Ghost/Fairy is literally the combination of my two favorite types. It's hard for me to ignore, even if it doesn't matter all that much when it comes to Smash.
I mean yeah, ghost is my favorite typing, but if a Ghost type makes it in i'd hope it'd be because they're a good character and not cause they're ghost type. Personally.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
I find it odd that people are breaking Pokemon fighters into type representation instead of merit of joining the cast.
Reverse similarities with FE here, the weapon triangle gets brought up sometimes for other fighters, Hector in particular since his gimmick is an axe. Though, I think some try to disprove his viability by saying the weapon triangle is arbitrary and doesn't matter.

i mean yes i want him because of the axe but not that correlation of its usage in the series, it's just a big ol ****in axe

no other character can pull off this ****
villager got nothing on this

Untouch

Smash Master

I'm gonna keep using it anyway, though, though. :p Ghost/Fairy is literally the combination of my two favorite types. It's hard for me to ignore, even if it doesn't matter all that much when it comes to Smash.

*Breathes in* Boi.

We are missing a final evo for most types, whydoesthisargumentexistmyeyeshurthelp.
final starter evo I mean lol

Murlough

Euphoria
NNID
Murl0ugh
3DS FC
4828-8253-7746
I mean yeah, ghost is my favorite typing, but if a Ghost type makes it in i'd hope it'd be because they're a good character and not cause they're ghost type. Personally.
I completely agree, which is why it wasn't even close to my entire argument. Its more of a side thing. Fairy/Ghost colors would look cool in Smash. There's plenty of other reasons to be interested in Mimikyu other than that.

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
Reverse similarities with FE here, the weapon triangle gets brought up sometimes for other fighters, Hector in particular since his gimmick is an axe. Though, I think some try to disprove his viability by saying the weapon triangle is arbitrary and doesn't matter.

i mean yes i want him because of the axe but not that correlation of its usage in the series, it's just a big ol ****in axe

I mean even Ganondorf has a sword now. :troll:

But a big ol' axe sized yes to Hector because we need more than just Villager wielding axes.

PhantomShab

Smash Lord
Neither type presentation or merit has anything to do with it. Ever since gen 4 Gamefreak has started this trend where they force a certain Pokemon's popularity, which I'm guessing is because they really want to make the next Lucario. Greninja got in Smash 4 because Gamefreak told him to add it since that was the gen 6 Pokemon they were going to put on a pedestal. Just assume whatever new Pokemon rep is the one that's on the screen the most in the anime right now.

Kind of really puts a damper on things when it comes to speculating on Pokemon reps, but that's how Gamefreak does things.

Troykv

Smash Master

The Weapon Triangle it's mostly important for characters with good avoid (FE7 and FE8) or when the game whole design makes having triangle advantage makes battles more lopsided (FEH).

Personally I don't see Hector doing anything that Ike wouldn't do already (outside of throwing random boomerang axes)

Micaiah for Smash BTW, for unique playstyles.

Last edited:

Murlough

Euphoria
NNID
Murl0ugh
3DS FC
4828-8253-7746
Neither type presentation or merit has anything to do with it. Ever since gen 4 Gamefreak has started this trend where they force a certain Pokemon's popularity, which I'm guessing is because they really want to make the next Lucario. Greninja got in Smash 4 because Gamefreak told him to add it since that was the gen 6 Pokemon they were going to put on a pedestal. Just assume whatever new Pokemon rep is the one that's on the screen the most in the anime right now.

Kind of really puts a damper on things when it comes to speculating on Pokemon reps, but that's how Gamefreak does things.
I mean, you are mostly right, but Sakurai chose Greninja. They didn't force Greninja specifically. They gave the man options.

Last edited:

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908

They all have merit in my book

Untouch

Smash Master
Of course I may just be trying to find patterns here where there aren't any, but I feel as if starters have priority (sounds as if sakurai was given the choice of the 3 gen 6 starters for smash 4).

Slavic

Ask not the sparrow how the eagle soars
The Weapon Triangle it's mostly important for characters with good avoid (FE7 and FE8) or when the game whole design makes having triangle advantage makes battles more lopsided (FEH).

Personally I don't see Hector doing anything that Ike wouldn't do already (outside of throwing random boomerang axes)

Micaiah for Smash BTW, for unique playstyles.
Given FE has been itemless for so many games now, I always thought the Hand Axe was a great choice for an item, even if we have the boomerang that does something similar. It could be a throwing axe that places a victim in a Corrin-type pin once maybe? I also thought the Warp staff could be a fun item.

I just want more FE love outside of fighters.

PhantomShab

Smash Lord
I mean, you are mostly right, but Sakurai chose Greninja. They didn't force Greninja specifically. They game the man options.
Didn't they literally give him some finalized concept sketches of Greninja and go "use this plz"? Seems too much of a coincidence for Sakurai to magically pick gen 6's "Lucario" through sheer luck.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
I completely agree, which is why it wasn't even close to my entire argument. Its more of a side thing. Fairy/Ghost colors would look cool in Smash. There's plenty of other reasons to be interested in Mimikyu other than that.
I want to see Mimkyu in just so people can complain about it. Think about it:

Three Marios (:ultmario::ultdoc::ultluigi:) hes green mario its a joke shut up
Three Links (:ultlink::ultyounglink::ulttoonlink:)
Two Samuses (:ultsamus::ultzss:), three if Dark Samus gets in
Three Pikachus (:ultpikachu::ultpichu: + Mimikyu)
Three Marths (:ultmarth::ultlucina::ultroy:)
Two Pits (:ultpit::ultdarkpit:)

Imagine the outrage. It'd be amazing.

Sakurai chose Greninja because he's a man of culture.
Don't put words in a madman's mouth, he might spit it back at you.

I see you don't support Chrom then. :rolleyes: I personally disagree, even without hand axes there's more to it that you could pull from.

Untouch

Smash Master
Didn't they literally give him some finalized concept sketches of Greninja and go "use this plz"? Seems too much of a coincidence for Sakurai to magically pick gen 6's "Lucario" through sheer luck.
To me it always felt like greninja being in smash is what made him really popular in the first place.

DaybreakHorizon

The guy who predicted Sora as Fighter 11
NNID
tehponycorn
3DS FC
4253-3486-4603
On today, July 9th, 2018, we pronounce these two "leaks" officially dead.

A lot of leaks were also lost due to being 4chan links (whoops), so going forward all links will be from an archive.

pressf.jpg

Slavic

Ask not the sparrow how the eagle soars
I mean no offense to Decidueye, it's a pretty sweet starter, but if I could have any grass starter in Smash? Torterra. Holding items? Grabs? Being grabbed? All unimportant. I just want to grind my foes into soil for my tree pal

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom