• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Geno Boost

Smash Master
Round Brawl era, I'd agree with you. I think Sora probably has a higher request rate these days though.
Nah I have seen way more on the Geno side in a lot of different sites and even in Japanese sites trust me I dig very deep on the internet
also I think Disney owns sora not square Enix.

Last edited:

Depressed Gengar

Hana Is Best Girl
Honestly, even if Sora is more popular than Geno, the fact that Disney owns the rights to Sora and that Disney is very strict with their properties gives me little reason to see Sora as a possibility.
Don't get me wrong, both Geno and Sora are very unlikely to happen anytime soon. But Geno sounds a hell of a lot likelier than Sora if you ask me.

:094:

I know this is weird but If Disney characters were added do you think the penguin from club penguin would be a possible thing to happen?
nononononononononononononononononononononononononononononono

No

. . .no
Ok, yeah, there was a DS game but everyone had a DS game or GBA game back then. There is literally no reason for there to be a penguin from Club Penguin in smash over hundreds of other video game characters.

We already have a penguin anyway :4dedede:
:061:

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
nononononononononononononononononononononononononononononono

No

. . .no
Ok, yeah, there was a DS game but everyone had a DS game or GBA game back then. There is literally no reason for there to be a penguin from Club Penguin in smash over hundreds of other video game characters.

We already have a penguin anyway :4dedede:
Club Penguin's gonna be gone in like 2 weeks anyway for a mobile game.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

In the end, why a certain character is liked by people is completely irrelevant to the chances. Doesn't matter whether you have a really deep and personal reason to like a character or simply lel memes, at the end of the day, you're going to pay the same $60 for the game. The developer has no reason to give the "deep reasons" priority.

A lot of people like Waluigi because he's a meme. Doesn't mean their support is illegitimate.
I myself liked Waluigi before he was a meme with his status as a meme only making it easier to have fun discussing him among friends. He's my 2nd favorite Mario character after Wario, and I'm disappointed we never get to see the duo work together outside of sports competitions.

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
I heard Disney was trying their own smash bros like game but it never got off the ground. That said only Disney character I see having any pretense would be Sora from Kingdom hearts.

I can't think of a Disney character in gaming that even comes close to his level of popularity.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
I myself liked Waluigi before he was a meme with his status as a meme only making it easier to have fun discussing him among friends. He's my 2nd favorite Mario character after Wario, and I'm disappointed we never get to see the duo work together outside of sports competitions.
Waluigi's meme status did a lot to make me like him. I appreciate any character that can give me a good laugh.

I also like him because his current online persona basically represents a group attempt to breathe life and personality into a character that didn't receive much attention from his company.

He's my 2nd favorite Mario character after Wario, and I'm disappointed we never get to see the duo work together outside of sports competitions.
Agreed. It baffles me how he has never appeared in any Wario game.

I wouldn't mind seeing him in Smash either, although I personally prefer Captain Toad.

Bowserlick

Smash Hero
Waluigi B special: Whiskered Eggplant

Waluigi tosses a whiskered eggplant. If it hits an enemy, it does minor damage and gives them a Waluigi mustache. Their special B move becomes whiskered eggplant. They make a 'Waaaa' noise in their voice when they throw it. If they hit someone, their B move becomes whiskered eggplant.

In eight player smash, you can infect everyone so there are whiskered eggplants galore.

The whiskered eggplant could go away with a time-limit or it can disappear once the infected person hits someone with a whiskered eggplant.

Last edited:
I get that being "weird" is Waluigi's shtick, but I'm not quite sure I see the merit of a character just straight up inventing stuff up with little relevance for the sake of being random.

EDIT a word or two

Last edited:

FunAtParties

PM me ur character ideas girl
NNID
ZestyÑ
Switch FC
SW-8404-4905-2993
I get that being "weird" is Waluigi's shtick, but I'm not quite sure I see the merit in just straight up inventing stuff up with little relevance for the sake of being random.

Sometimes you got lots of great ideas and no one that could use them believably, and that's where Waluigi comes in.

Last edited:

Bowserlick

Smash Hero
I get that being "weird" is Waluigi's shtick, but I'm not quite sure I see the merit of a character just straight up inventing stuff up with little relevance for the sake of being random.

EDIT a word or two
Whiskered Eggplant is from a Waluigi game.

The effect is a creative way to shut down an opponent's B move, which is vital for some characters. Instead of having their special move, they will have a slow projectile that does 1% damage. The only way to get their special back is to hit someone with the eggplant.

Waluigi is a creepy nuisance. What better way to annoy then turning your opponent into a fellow creep.

The attack is a metaphor for a meme. Viral by nature.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793

EDIT a word or two
We're not really making up stuff from nowhere, it's more of putting together stuff from his various appearances.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
Speaking of rules, making character support threads is allowed now. Go nuts.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Fal beats me to making a character directory ans beats me to a rrminder threads are open sheesh

Viridi thread soon
Get wrecked :p.

What if someone beats you to Virdi to? Lol

What we need is an Hades support thread though.

Get wrecked :p.

What if someone beats you to Virdi to? Lol
I would have deleted it :troll:

Ok not really

Zem-raj Zem-raj are you still a part of the Luxurious mansion by any chance?

I want to let them know they can have their own, official Ridley thread again that isn't stuck in a group.
(any other members of the mansion or other groups like Dreamland ( Chandeelure Chandeelure )or that DK group (@BKupa666 ) can do so as well)

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
Oh so we can make character support threads again now? I wonder if I should open up a new Professor Layton support thread or give someone else the torch to carry....

Last edited:

Chandeelure

Bandana Brigade Captain
The potential characters having their own threads brings back memories...

Now, it feels kinda cool and sad, cool because I really miss the speculation and all that, but sad because the new game still isn't even announced, and we don't even know if it will have a lot of new content or just one or two characters.

I think I will copy the old Bandana Dee thread make a Bandana Dee thread now...

Made some minor adjustments to the rules OP

Mostly common sense stuff (stay on topic) and an aggressive reminder on detracting etc.

Stuff most you hopefully won't have an issue with in the first place.

Venus of the Desert Bloom

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
So is this speculation about a Nintendo Switch port for Smash for Wii U like Mario Kart 8 Deluxe or an entirely new game altogether (either Smash 5 or Super Smash Bros. for Switch)? Or is it speculation for both?

Venus of the Desert Bloom

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
Port, new game, AND the possibility of melee VC
So basically speculation on the future of Smash.

Got it. I guess earlier is better though it's jumping the gun a bit :x

Glad to see a whole new cycle of speculation starting. I probably won't be participating that much in it this time around.

NonSpecificGuy

The Extraordinary is in What We Do
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
I heard Disney was trying their own smash bros like game but it never got off the ground. That said only Disney character I see having any pretense would be Sora from Kingdom hearts.

I can't think of a Disney character in gaming that even comes close to his level of popularity.
Wasn't that how Dissidia became a thing?
Speaking of rules, making character support threads is allowed now. Go nuts.
Got dibs on the Snake thread!

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
I call dibs on a Big the Cat support topic. :troll:

Nah, I know he's incredibly unlikely for Smash.

Last edited:

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
I call dibs on a Big the Cat support topic. :troll:

Nah, I know he's incredibly unlikely for Smash.
Come on, you know that he is too big for Smash. :p

Though I agree that Big is far too low on the totem pole of Sonic reps.

FunAtParties

PM me ur character ideas girl
NNID
ZestyÑ
Switch FC
SW-8404-4905-2993
If the Sonic franchise was owned by Nintendo, who do you think would be in Smash?

I'd guess Sonic, Knuckles, Tails, Amy, and Eggman for sure. Shadow probably too.

Delzethin

Character Concept Creator
NNID
Delzethin
So they've opened the floodgates for support threads again, eh? Wonder who'll have the popular crowd this time around?

I'd start a thread or two myself, but I have a lot more to do nowadays and I've been so run down lately...

_Sheik

Smash Lord
I'd really love to create an Isaac or Magearna support thread but I suck at that kinda stuff ;~;

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
If the Sonic franchise was owned by Nintendo, who do you think would be in Smash?

I'd guess Sonic, Knuckles, Tails, Amy, and Eggman for sure. Shadow probably too.
Shadow is the most likely out of those. He didn't become the sole AT for no reason, after all. He's the most popular after Sonic. I could see Tails or Eggman next, but honestly, all 6 of them would round it out well. Possibly 7 with Metal Sonic. Sonic being a 3rd party franchise is more or less keeping that idea low, though. While it's a fan rule that 3rd party franchises get one character, it's not actually fanwank entirely. This is more based upon Sakurai's actions and statements. He considers representation important(this is why Melee has one Kirby character specifically. It's a coincidence he couldn't make another since Dedede wouldn't be plausible with even him not making the 6 clones. That said, a clone of Kirby would've been possible if he was okay with giving more representation. Being he made Kirby, he didn't want to overrepresent his own franchise at the time. This is logical because you don't want to seem biased. He's obviously biased, don't get me wrong, but who isn't. That's not a bad thing, though), and he has called every 3rd party character a special guest outside of Snake at best. And Snake didn't come back, but of course, we don't know why(many guess Konami wouldn't play ball, but no reason to legit known). The fact they're iconic also comes to mind. One thing to suggest is that he looks at a franchise and sees "most iconic character", which could explain why the fanrule has some logic to it.

That said, Sakurai has never given more than an implication that it's unlikely, although a statement would be nice.

Zem-raj

Smash Hero
I would have deleted it :troll:

Ok not really

Zem-raj Zem-raj are you still a part of the Luxurious mansion by any chance?

I want to let them know they can have their own, official Ridley thread again that isn't stuck in a group.
(any other members of the mansion or other groups like Dreamland ( Chandeelure Chandeelure )or that DK group (@BKupa666 ) can do so as well)

I am indeed (The place is usually dead, but that's not to our fault. We're still waiting for Ridley/Metroid news).

I'm a bit sceptical about having a Ridley thread in the speculation forum, because of what usually happens when we have open Ridley thread... detractors ruining things.

Has anyone in particular claimed ownership of a Ridley thread yet?

If not, I wouldn't mind making one.

Last edited:

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
I am indeed (The place is usually dead, but that's not to our fault. We're still waiting for Ridley/Metroid news).

I'm a bit sceptical about having a Ridley thread in the speculation forum, because of what usually happens when we have open Ridley thread... detractors ruining things.

Has anyone in particular claimed ownership of a Ridley thread yet?

If not, I wouldn't mind making one.
No-one's claimed it as far as I know so get that essay of an OP started.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom