• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Hinata

Never forget, a believing heart is your magic.
Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797
Is it bad that I'd openly welcome Yu Narukami? It'd be pretty cool to have a "stand" user in Smash.
I'd be more than happy to see Yu in Smash. I said it a while ago, but while the Persona character I'm advocating for the most is Joker, I'd be fine with seeing any of the main Persona protags make it into Smash.

Zinith

Yoshi is Thicc in S P I R I T
All around you, awaiting to consume your soul
Switch FC
SW-4624-0132-9722
Oh, I know. I didn't put him in that list because of his Giygas battle. Even without that, Ness gained extraordinary power from the Sea of Eden, becoming one with the world. Afterwards, he was able to survive attacks from Giygas, which alone says something.

Is this better?

EDIT: Forgot to move Wario.
Hmm, I don't know about Yoshi. I think he's fine in that tier (for now), but I think he should be moved over nearer to the Mario cast. He does match them and sometimes even exceeds them (in SMW's case) at certain points. I think it's fine otherwise

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Pacack Pacack I think it'd just be easier to list it in a spoiler, since the tier list thing doesn't let you do multiples I believe

Universal (Universe + Time-Space)::ultness::ultrosalina::ultshulk::ultsonic: (Sonic Wii games were hella weird)

Galaxy::ultfalcon: (F-Zero GX)

Stellar (Star/Solar System)::ultolimar: (Read this), :ultsamus:, :ultbayonetta:,:ultcloud:

Planetary::ultwario::ultyoshi:, :ultmegaman:, :ultkirby::ultkingdedede::ultmetaknight:

Tectonic (Country/Continent)::ultroy::ultike::ultmarth::ultlucina: (Plot Device Swords) + :ultrobin, :ultfox::ultfalco::ultwolf:(Arwing Tech), :ultdk::ultdiddy:

Land Masses (Island/Mountain)::ultpit::ultdarkpit::ultpalutena:, :ultlucas:, :ultridley:

Populations (Cities/Towns)::ultcorrin:, :ultfalcon: (Anime), :ultryu:

Superhuman (Building/Walls)::ultlittlemac:, :ultroy::ultike::ultmarth::ultlucina: (w/o Plot Device Swords), :ultsnake:, :ultpacman:

Who knows?: :ultpokemontrainer::ultinkling::ulticeclimbers::ultmiifighters::ultduckhunt::ultwiifittrainer::ultvillager:
Couldn't beat a Tic Tac if it wanted to: :ultrob::ultolimar:

Controversy:

Other Mario characters - :ultmario::ultdoc::ultluigi::ultbowser::ultbowserjr::ultpeach::ultdaisy: It's debatable what Mario should be ranked at in power, some say its planetary, some say it's stellar, some say he should wreck the universe, some say he could barely kick a castle, I'll let you be the judge of what it should be.

Zelda characters - :ultlink::ulttoonlink::ultyounglink::ultganondorf::ultzelda::ultsheik: The lowest calculated feats are around consistent Tectonic levels, though the highest that some like to place are in the stellar range. Do I believe it? Personally, no. Take your pick on what you believe.

Pokemon - :ultpikachu::ultpichu::ultmewtwo::ultlucario::ultgreninja::ultjigglypuff: Yeah I'd rather not touch this series with a ten-foot pole, everyone has a different opinion on each of them. However, I am confident in the things Mewtwo has done, such as spoon impalement, which is just great.

Kirby - :ultkirby::ultkingdedede::ultmetaknight: The only ones that are controversy that I listed, but keep note that's an absolute minimum. I know my share of Kirby debating, and it's ****ing hell. It could be stellar, it could not be. At the smallest, it'll be at Planetary for now.

:ultgnw: - A friend of mine did his own calculations on the Game & Watch games. If you put into a composite, his Kinetic Energy-based calcs would label him as a Superhuman, but in the Smash games he's literally just a flat dude. Take it either as one side or the other.

:ultzss: - Does it really matter?
Hopefully my opinions aren't too coarse. :dazwa:

Last edited:

DaybreakHorizon

The guy who predicted Sora as Fighter 11
NNID
tehponycorn
3DS FC
4253-3486-4603
Interesting enough statement from the thread:
Please ***, I already know you are wrong because there are only four chief leakers and I am one of them. Since you didn't list the one we already know about that the public doesn't, we can see through fake ass threads like these pretty easily.
Can't (spill the beans). None of the actual leakers are going to spill for another one to two months. Not accurately, at least. Seriously, just wait a little bit longer guys.
Probably someone making stuff up, but seems interesting enough.
Honestly sounds like this to me though:
Heh heh heh, fool, are you truly misguided enough to post such a leak in the presence of myself, one of the Four Heavenly Leakers, appointed by Lord Sakurai himself to watch over all leaks? The likes of you will be defeated in mere seconds... *teleports behind you* nothin personnel, kid...

Impa4Smash

Smash Lord
I swear I'm not kidding...

Mickey Mouse.

I also wanted to see a Smash-only character as the final (someone like Master Hand),but there's no Smash-character good enough yet.
There's no Smash only character good enough to be playable?

NeonBurrito

Smash Ace
Pretty off topic, but I'd absolutely adore seeing Ryu Hayabusa in Smash. He has a long history with Nintendo, Tecmo (now Koei-Tecmo) and Nintendo have been pretty buddy-buddy as of late with the Hyrule / Fire Emblem Warriors games, he's a pretty iconic figure due to his NES games, and that music, good lord. I'd love to have Unbreakable Determination in the game.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Pretty off topic, but I'd absolutely adore seeing Ryu Hayabusa in Smash. He has a long history with Nintendo, Tecmo (now Koei-Tecmo) and Nintendo have been pretty buddy-buddy as of late with the Hyrule / Fire Emblem Warriors games, he's a pretty iconic figure due to his NES games, and that music, good lord. I'd love to have Unbreakable Determination in the game.
Stop putting my hopes up you're just gonna make me sad when he doesn't get in

Zinith

Switch FC
SW-4624-0132-9722
Zelda characters - :ultlink::ulttoonlink::ultyoshi::ultganondorf::ultzelda::ultsheik: The lowest calculated feats are around consistent Tectonic levels, though the highest that some like to place are in the stellar range. Do I believe it? Personally, no. Take your pick on what you believe.
Yoshi a Zelda character? You mean :ultyounglink: right? (his icon is next to Yoshi)

lordvaati

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-4918-2392-4599
Yeah the guy pretty much skyrocketed to being my most wanted so gotta agree there. Heck he'd even stick to the(kinda odd) theme that every 3rd party in Smash to date has been in another fighting game beforehand since his game is in the same universe as the DoA series.

NeonBurrito

Smash Ace
Stop putting my hopes up you're just gonna make me sad when he doesn't get in
Sorry if I got your hopes up. I don't think he's likely honestly, I'd just love to see him in regardless. Even an Assist Trophy and some music tracks would be enough to make me a very happy camper.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Sorry if I got your hopes up. I don't think he's likely honestly, I'd just love to see him in regardless. Even an Assist Trophy and some music tracks would be enough to make me a very happy camper.
There's too much you can give Hayabusa to make a moveset, it hurts my soul to know he probably won't even see a mention.

DaybreakHorizon

The guy who predicted Sora as Fighter 11
NNID
tehponycorn
3DS FC
4253-3486-4603
More statements from one of "the four Heavenly Leakers"
(In response to why they're waiting) Because it is about compiling. I am just saying don't believe anything for at least another month or two if you don't want to get your hopes up over nothing.

(In response to why we have to wait another month or two for a real "leak)There's no way someone got their **** together fast enough to post this soon without their uncle literally working for Nintendo.

lordvaati

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-4918-2392-4599
Assuming anyone on the inside would want to gamble on leaking major content after the last leaker for 3DS/U was actually caught, fired and sued by Nintendo

Last edited:

Fierymew

Smash Journeyman
How exactly is Isaac pretty likely? Genuine question.., love the guy
Personally, I don't care for him, but I imagine he had a pretty vocal amount of fans voting for him in the ballot, plus he was an Assist Trophy in Brawl. Maybe he's not quite as likely as Elma, or K. Rool, but I'd say he has a decent chance tbh

**Gilgamesh**

Smash Ace
I don't know why anyone would actually wanted Ganondorf to be a Falcon clone since in ALL Iterations except for melee where he's mid-tier (mediocre in melee) and bottom tier ever since then with Brawl being by far his worst iteration of them all. The least they can do is at least make there moves (Zelda / Ganondorf) not completely punishable or useless anymore which they seem to be aiming at least. I added Zelda as an example of a character who needs a revamp or different mechanics such as her side-b no longer putting her in free-fall, phantom being a delayed attack now, farore wind now being to glide a bit. Having less lag on her aerials also help her ton. if only her sour-spots on her lightning kicks wasn't so bad; Zelda is at least not looking completely dysfunctional anymore. Jabs also seems good.

Last edited:

StormC

Smash Hero
How exactly is Isaac pretty likely? Genuine question.., love the guy
Tough to say how likely. I don't really know how Nintendo or Sakurai view his IP. I'd put him at about 40% likelihood if I had to give a number; just below "safe" choices like Elma or something, but popular enough that it wouldn't be a total shock if he showed up.

Last edited:

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791

Dracyoshi

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Dracyoshi
Thank you, these look great! N's Castle looks legal if hazards are turned off.
Definitely. It's one of the stages that I'm most excited for; their remix of N's Castle is AMAZING and the atmosphere is so good. And one of the best legal stages? Yesss.
Also I was curious to see how it looked without that obnoxious purple filter, so here:

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
I mean, you did make the thread. Justttttt saying. Why not continue with it? Unless I'm missing what you mean, which I'm a bit slow sometimes, so it happens.

Of course I'd enjoy it~ I love music. :)
No no...
His thread is every confirmed track that will appear in Ultimate.

Mine would be an encyclopedia of EVERY TRACK THAT EVER APPEARED IN THE SERIES EVEN IF ITS ABSENT FROM ULTIMATE.

Zinith

Switch FC
SW-4624-0132-9722
I want "Underground", "Castle & Fortress" and "Final Boss" from Yoshi's Island to be remade in Ultimate. I'm getting the feeling that the only reasons those tracks never made it in is because all the Yoshi stages so far are Level 1 stages...

Dracyoshi

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Dracyoshi
god the 3DS stages look so good

it'll be nice to have them in a smash game where i can use a proper controller
ikr. Thankfully it looks like we're going to get almost every 3DS stage. Find Mii is just beautiful. Especially without the hazards.

Last edited:

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
No no...

Mine would be an encyclopedia of EVERY TRACK THAT EVER APPEARED IN THE SERIES EVEN IF ITS ABSENT FROM ULTIMATE.
I'm saying I linked the thread you started. I'll unlock it and let you have fun, unless you want make an all new thread?

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
No no...

I'm saying I linked the thread you started. I'll unlock it and let you have fun, unless you want make an all new thread?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom