• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

The Stoopid Unikorn

Spiciest of Guacamoles
Switch FC
SW-4202-4979-0504
Yeah, it persisted in spite of two Galaxy games. I don't see Cappy and the presumable spinning hat maneuver overcoming that. Even with the fact that no one likes the FLUDD.
Ture, but it does show that the possibility of Mario getting Odyssey-related stuff in his moveset isn't impossible.

D

Deleted member

Better idea.

Make "Giant" styled characters with their own fighting system. So not only we can have Ridley, but we get the best Odyssey option.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Tbh I don't see Odyssey having any real repercussions on the roster. It doesn't really have a Rosalina type - Pauline would be closest (but she's a big stretch imo - let's see if she gets into the other Mario spinoffs first), and it's not like Galaxy effected Mario's moveset. Mario is such a weighty franchise that one main title by itself still really isn't enough to make or break chances... it remains cumulative...

That said, the trophies will be numerable, the music will be prolific, and the stage will be guaranteed, if not several times over. I hope it's New Donk Festival. Or New Donk City with a festival variant. Ruined Kingdom was also neat.
New Donk Festival is easily one of my biggest hopes, but even general New Donk City would be amazing. I'm a sucker for the non-New Pork city stages. Saffron City, Fourside, and Omega Wrecking Crew are some of my favorites in their respective games.

Autumn ♫

I'm terrible with these Custom Titles.
Honestly, I think the T-Rex would make a great final smash for Mario, given that it's an actual thing in his game. Unless I'm mistaken, his current Final Smash is completely made up.

The trick would be making it different enough from Giga Bowser

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
Who said I was talking about the down special? I just talked about him getting Odyssey stuff in his moveset.
You're right, but I find the other aspects of his moveset even more unlikely to be changed. Perhaps a neutral or air move gets altered though, who knows. It'd be nice to get more of a composite character.

Better idea.

Make "Giant" styled characters with their own fighting system. So not only we can have Ridley, but we get the best Odyssey option.
That makes me want the T. Rex Mario as his FS tbh. In part because I don't think a whole lot of people are crazy about his current one. I'm not.

AND I'VE BEEN NINJAD

New Donk Festival is easily one of my biggest hopes, but even general New Donk City would be amazing. I'm a sucker for the non-New Pork city stages. Saffron City, Fourside, and Omega Wrecking Crew are some of my favorites in their respective games.
I also really love city stages, and miss Fourside. Was also pretty frowny when they chose Peach's Castle to bring back over Saffron City. I think all the promo New Donk has gotten makes it a likely contender for an Odyssey stage. Was never big on Omega Wrecking Crew though, found it a bit bland. Can't wait for the (hopefully) impending Inkopolis. :D

The Stoopid Unikorn

Spiciest of Guacamoles
Switch FC
SW-4202-4979-0504
Honestly, I think the T-Rex would make a great final smash for Mario, given that it's an actual thing in his game. Unless I'm mistaken, his current Final Smash is completely made up.

How is it a trick? Giga Bowser and the T-Rex have completely different anatomies.

The Stoopid Unikorn

Spiciest of Guacamoles
Switch FC
SW-4202-4979-0504
Simply by both being controllable giants. Granted, we have characters with similar final smash's, so it's probably not that big of a deal.
Again, they are both physically different; T-Rex lacks the shell, has tiny little arms and can't spit fire (although I wish it did)

He'd walk around and attack with his jaws, just like the game. How was it tricky again?

Pretty sure Brawl started development only like a year after the GC era ended, and that's why it has tons of Gamecube stuff and minimal Wii stuff.
Totally irrelevant to N3ON's point, which was that a single game in a huge franchise like Mario wouldn't affect his moveset.

Last edited:

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791

It's probably based upon Ultra Flame in Super Mario RPG. It's also the first game that gave Peach actual attacks beyond throwing out vegetables, with a few weapons, but mostly basic slapping. Keeping in mind Peach has moves clearly based upon spin-offs, it doesn't seem that unlikely. But what Mario does is create tons of fireballs to fling at the opponent. The Final Smash doesn't target an enemy, being the only major difference. It's not like every Final Smash is completely accurate to the move itself, to be fair.

Luminario

Smash Lord
It's pretty hard to predict changes to movesets. Mario got FLUDD after a single Sunshine game, yet kept the Cape instead of getting the Galaxy Spin or getting his old Down B back, even though the cape was in one game while the spin was in two and is more suited to be a reflector. I can't think of a way Cappy fits into Mario's moveset easily that suits his 'pick up and play' simple moveset, so I think it'll be another Mario mechanic left out.

D

Deleted member

. Unless I'm mistaken, his current Final Smash is completely made up.
I fail to see the issue with that if that's the case. It's not like every attack has to be directly from somewhere in the home franchise. :/

Mario is heavily associated with fire in various spin-off titles and has used giant fireball attacks in the past, so the Mario Finale suits him.
It just needs to be fixed to where it's not crap.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Finally got around to finishing up my Celica moveset! Thought I'd share it here.

Normal Attacks

Jab: Using the Beloved Zofia, Celica performs a three hit combo attack. The first strike comes downward from overhead, the second comes from the side in a sweeping motion, and the third has Celica twirling a bit, swinging the blade from behind in an upward motion. This is based on her in-dungeon combo from Shadows of Valentia. Specifically, it comes directly from her second, third, and fourth strike.

Dash Attack: The small wisp of fire following Celica creates a wall of flames in front of her as she charges forward. Unlike her other magical attacks, no recoil is done here. This is taken directly from her dash attack in Shadows of Valentia.

Up Tilt: Celica points the Beloved Zofia skyward as the glowing flame beside her becomes three fire balls, which twirl around the tip of her sword. A multi hit move.

Side Tilt: Celica thrusts the Beloved Zofia forward, moving slightly in the direction she's facing while doing so. This move comes from the first and fifth strike of her in-dungeon combo in Shadows of Valentia.

Down Tilt: Celica, while crouched, moves her hand outward, launching a small, thunderous spark toward the ground. Due to the stun effect, this move can combo into itself twice before knockback forces foes away.

Smash Attacks:

Up Smash: Celica, using the Beloved Zofia like a sort of baton, casts Excalibur above her, creating a slow-rising razor wind. It travels higher up and does more damage the longer it is charged. The move has a trapping effect due to it being a rapid multi-hit move.

Side Smash: Celica leaps up and smashes the Beloved Zofia downward onto opponents. This is based on her critical hit animation in both Gaiden and Shadows of Valentia. However, this move does far less knockback than the rest of her smash attacks, due to not being magically backed.

Down Smash: Celica performs her casting animation and casts Thunder, hitting both sides of the ground beside her with bolts of lightning.

Aerial Attacks:

Neutral Air: Celica's fire ball splits into a small stream of fire. Celica moves the Beloved Zofia in a circular motion and the stream of flames circles around her twice, clockwise.

Forward Air: Celica, using a variation of Seraphim, quickly grows angelic wings and uses them to slam foes both forward and downward. This move is based on one of Celica's attacks in Fire Emblem Warriors.

Back Air: Celica quickly makes a backhanded strike with the Beloved Zofia. Here, the tip of the blade is blessed with the Thunder spell, creating a small orb of electricity at the end. Hitting with the spark does much more damage.

Up Air: Celica uses another variant of Excalibur and sending a small gust of wind upward. Knockback-wise and potency-wise, it is somewhere between Mega Man's and Mr. Game and Watch's wind-based up airs.

Down Air: Celica slices beneath her in a back and forth motion with the Beloved Zofia. A two-hit attack.

Grab, Pummel, and Throws:

Grab and Pummel: Celica has a fairly standard grab, and pummels by imbuing her hands with fire to burn the opponent. The pummel does not, however, cause recoil damage, despite being magic based. This holds true for Celica's throws as well.

Forward Throw: Celica releases the foe as three columns of fire erupt in front of her, beneath the foe, carrying them away before causing severe knockback.

Back Throw: Celica tosses the foe back and releases a blast of light magic from her hands, sending them flying.

Up Throw: Celica waves her arms over her after bringing her foe upward, shocking them with electricity before launching them.

Down Throw: Pointing her Beloved Zofia to the ground, three strikes of compressed wind energy pummel the foe before bouncing them off the ground of the stage.

Specials:

Neutral: Fire (Ragnarok) - Celica charges up her fire ball that shoots forward before exploding. At full charge, this becomes Ragnarok, which is incredibly powerful, doing roughly 35% damage and quite a bit of knock back, but at the expense of Celica taking hefty recoil damage. Chargeable and storable. While it is stored, however, any attack using Celica's fire ball will grow in power, but the recoil damage of the move will be more severe. This does not effect her dash attack or forward throw, however.

Side: Seraphim - Celica clasps her hands together as she is bathed in a flash white light. A giant ball of white light surrounds Celica when the button is released, and slowly it moves forward. If the opponent is overlapping Celica's light, they will be trapped similarly to Mewtwo's neutral air, before being carried forward with the ball of light and being erupted from it when it reaches its full distance. A "get off me" move' befitting Celica's connection to Mila and having one of her weaknesses protected.

Up: Excalibur - Celica summons a gust of razor wind around her as she ascends. Nearby foes get cut by the wind, though Celica also takes minor damage from this move (less than five percent).

Down: Mila's Turnwheel - Celica kneels and enters a praying stance. If this move is held for five seconds without breaking, Celica's damage percentage will reset to how it was thirty seconds prior to use. Celica must be on the ground in order to use it.

Final Smash: Ragnarok Ω - If foes are in range of the attack's start up, a cutscene plays, based on Celica's in-game cutscene when activating this move. Visually, they're essentially the same. The move then ends. Unlike in Shadows of Valentia, this move does not cause recoil damage to Celica, due to being her Final Smash.

Extras:

Entrance Animation: Like all Fire Emblem characters, a Warp spell brings her to the stage. She then ignites her fire spell.

Taunts:

Side Taunt: Celica swipes the Beloved Zofia to the side as it glows red with flames.
Up Taunt: Enters a praying stance and says "May the fighting be over soon."
Down Taunt: Lightly brushes herself off and says "Rest now."

Victory Animations:

Victory 1: Twirls before placing a hand on her hip, saying "All thanks to the Mother." A direct reference to her Shadows of Valentia victory animation.
Victory 2: Sheathes the Beloved Zofia while saying "Mila has seen me through this day."
Victory 3: Holds her hand skyward as a giant fireball bursts, creating a firework-like effect, and smiles.

Victory VS Marth: Animation 2, but she says "The Hero of the War of Shadows...it was an honor."

Snake Codec:

Codec:

Snake: Colonel, this girl is using magic. What do you know about her?
Colonel: That's Celica, Snake, though she's also known as Princess Anthiese of Zofia.
Snake: So she's royalty, huh?
Colonel: Princess Anthiese went into hiding at a young age after an attempted coup led to the murder of her entire family. She's since stayed at a priory, and in turn became a priestess of Mila, skilled in both swordplay and magic.
Snake: I wouldn't expect a holy woman to be fighting here.
Colonel: She may be kind, but don't underestimate her, Snake. Her magic can call upon the powers of fire, thunder, wind, and holy light. You'd do well to stay away. Her magic is powerful, but it comes at the cost of her health. Prolonged use of her magic makes her easier to take out. Use that to your advantage.
Snake: Have her whittle away at her own health, huh? Got it.

Overview:

Celica mainly relies on her spells, with a few moves utilizing the Beloved Zofia, like her jab. The Beloved Zofia acts more like a conduit for her spells here than an actual weapon for most of her moveset, where she makes graceful guiding motions with it to focus her spells, not unlike a baton, or how Toon Link uses the Wind Waker. For the few attacks where she uses the Beloved Zofia for offense, she takes a more rapier-like style.

Like in Shadows of Valentia's dungeon segments, Celica is followed by a small wisp of fire. This is mostly cosmetic and serves as a neat way for her to animate some of her attacks, but also benefits from her neutral special, wherein she can increase its size the more she charges her Fire spell special. This increases the size of some of her attacks' hit boxes at the expense of more recoil damage, and after firing off her charged Fire or Ragnarok, the wisp fizzles back to its original size.

In reference to Gaiden and Shadows of Valentia's unique magic system, Celica takes a variant of Pichu's self damage gimmick, but better executed. Celica does more self damage the more potent her spells are, but can reliably kill using them. Her issue stems from her being the epitome of a glass cannon, as she can't take hits well at all, especially when using her higher recoil spells. In addition to reflecting her game of origin's mechanics, her moveset also reflects her personality and character, with her gracefulness coming through in her use of the Beloved Zofia and her penchant for self-sacrifice for the greater good coming through in her powerful spells' recoil.

So yeah, tell me what you think!

Last edited:

NintenRob

Rising YouTuber
NNID
trpdm.wilton
I could see the sideb being the cap toss for Mario.

My ideal for the next Smash is every character gets unique customs akin to Palutena and the Miis. So Mario could have both Cap Toss and Cape.

But get rid of equipment, they made things overcomplicated and annoying and messed with random play.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
So....

I'm curious...

What would your reactions be if we got a Smash Bros 4 Port with extra content but part of that content is...

+Newcomer Jill Valentine
+Stage: Queen Zenobia Stage (and all music that would come with it)
+Albert Wesker Assist Trophy
+Various Resident Evil Trophies

Newcomer: Crash Bandicoot
+ Stage: Wumpa Island Tour Stage (and all music that would come with it)
+ Dr. Neo Cortext Assist Trophy
+Aku Aku Mask Item
+Various Crash Bandicoot Trophies

+Newcomer: Doom Slayer
+ Stage: UAC Facility Stage (and all music that would come with it)
+Olivia Pierce Assist Trophy
+Various Doom Trophies

+Newcomer: Heihachi Mishima
+ Stage: Pagoda Temple (and all music that would come with it)
+Kuma Assist Trophy
+Various Tekken Trophies

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
So....

I'm curious...

What would your reactions be if we got a Smash Bros 4 Port with extra content but part of that content is...

+Newcomer Jill Valentine

+Aku Aku Mask Item

+Various Doom Trophies

+Kuma Assist Trophy
+Various Tekken Trophies
Crash is one of my most wanted newcomers, so I'd be incredibly hyped.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Heihachi is the least interesting one to me, but that's bias speaking. Rest I really like, because, again, bias. I want to see Lloyd Irving or a Digimon for a Bandai-Namco second option myself. Crash is still sweet, even if not my top priority for viable 3rd parties(Fulgore, Steve?, and Master Chief are easily higher on the list). I love Doom, and he's a cool character. Jill's my favorite RE character, so...

Strider_Bond00J

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-2525-8699-9095
So....

I'm curious...

+Newcomer Jill Valentine

+Aku Aku Mask Item

+Various Doom Trophies

+Kuma Assist Trophy
+Various Tekken Trophies
Jill wouldn't be a bad addition in my books, even if I'd prefer Leon, but both are likable characters in their own rights. (However, I'd take S.T.A.R.S Jill over the RE5 Jill)

Crash will definitely do something to this site. Wouldn't mind Crash to see what he could bring.

Doomguy/Doom Slayer is an instant yes for me. I'd probably put Doomguy as one of my most wanted third-party characters for Smash.

Heihachi might be interesting, but he's probably better off outside of Smash. We know that Sakurai did try to get him in Smash 4, but couldn't get his moveset to transfer neatly to Smash. To say the least, Heihachi's not really one of my most wanted. If anything I'd be happy with some Tekken content in form of a stage, or maybe Jin if he could perhaps alternate between his normal and Devil Jin forms.

D

Deleted member

So....

I'm curious...

+Newcomer Jill Valentine

+Aku Aku Mask Item

+Various Doom Trophies

+Kuma Assist Trophy
+Various Tekken Trophies
To put it concisely...

Jill - "Cool."
Crash - "Yes!"
Doom Guy - "Cool."
Heihachi - "Cool."

NonSpecificGuy

The Extraordinary is in What We Do
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
So....

I'm curious...

+Newcomer Jill Valentine

+Aku Aku Mask Item

+Various Doom Trophies

+Kuma Assist Trophy
+Various Tekken Trophies
Honestly, there are definitely 3rd parties I'd take over those 4; Snake, Dante, Rayman just to name a few, but I wouldn't at all be upset by those. But I'd be ****ing stoked for Doom Guy.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

So....

I'm curious...

+Newcomer Jill Valentine

+Aku Aku Mask Item

+Various Doom Trophies

+Kuma Assist Trophy
+Various Tekken Trophies
Initially excited because new content is new content, but toned down to "cool" after hype dies down.
Confused why there's only guest additions and nothing from newer Nintendo releases or returning veterans like the Ice Climbers or Wolf.
Disappointed it's Jill and not Nemesis.

But overall.....

.....until they end up inevitably being characters I hate to fight against like the DLC guests.

Last edited by a moderator:

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
D

Deleted member

I left room for more characters in the statement.

Mainly I want people to focus on whether its cool and not "it could have been these guys!"
Well, then everything else still applies, including the edit.

The Stoopid Unikorn

Spiciest of Guacamoles
Switch FC
SW-4202-4979-0504
So....

I'm curious...

+Newcomer Jill Valentine

+Aku Aku Mask Item

+Various Doom Trophies

+Kuma Assist Trophy
+Various Tekken Trophies
Cool, but where's mah Inklings? :p

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
So....

I'm curious...

+Newcomer Jill Valentine

+Aku Aku Mask Item

+Various Doom Trophies

+Kuma Assist Trophy
+Various Tekken Trophies
I'd be thrilled. Not overly familiar with Resident Evil outside of four and five (I played the remake of 1, but the controls and camera killed it for me), and I'd probably prefer Dante, Mike Haggar, Viewtiful Joe, Amaterasu, or even Morrigan as far as a third Capcom character goes, but a Resident Evil character is definitely justifiable.

The others would be fantastic. While I haven't played much of Tekken, Heihachi is my favourite character so far, and I'd be interested to see how they translate Tekken's combo system into Smash. Crash seems like he'd be well-suited to Smash, and while it's been a while since I've played any Crash games, seeing him in Smash Bros. would certainly be exciting.

As for Doomguy, I've been supporting him since before Doom came to Switch. Even if you take out the visceral elements of his Glory Kills and don't let him use shotguns (or alter them to make them less realistic), he still seems like he'd be a lot of fun. I feel like Cyberdemon would be a better fit for an assist trophy than Olivia Pierce, though.

Last edited:

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Thoughts on the other three?
I'd be more than okay. I'm not asking for them or anything, but I think all three have their merits and have reasons to be there.

Crash just seals the deal. :p

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
So....

I'm curious...

+Newcomer Jill Valentine

+Aku Aku Mask Item

+Various Doom Trophies

+Kuma Assist Trophy
+Various Tekken Trophies
Jill: I'd prefer Wesker but she's alright.

Crash:

Doom Slayer:

Assist Trophy should be one of the many Demons though.

Heihachi: Would prefer Jin or Kazuya over him but eh.

D

Deleted member

So....

I'm curious...

+Newcomer Jill Valentine

+Aku Aku Mask Item

+Various Doom Trophies

+Kuma Assist Trophy
+Various Tekken Trophies
I get to save money, sweet

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
[
Finally got around to finishing up my Celica moveset! Thought I'd share it here.

Normal Attacks

Jab: Using the Beloved Zofia, Celica performs a three hit combo attack. The first strike comes downward from overhead, the second comes from the side in a sweeping motion, and the third has Celica twirling a bit, swinging the blade from behind in an upward motion. This is based on her in-dungeon combo from Shadows of Valentia. Specifically, it comes directly from her second, third, and fourth strike.

Dash Attack: The small wisp of fire following Celica creates a wall of flames in front of her as she charges forward. Unlike her other magical attacks, no recoil is done here. This is taken directly from her dash attack in Shadows of Valentia.

Up Tilt: Celica points the Beloved Zofia skyward as the glowing flame beside her becomes three fire balls, which twirl around the tip of her sword. A multi hit move.

Side Tilt: Celica thrusts the Beloved Zofia forward, moving slightly in the direction she's facing while doing so. This move comes from the first and fifth strike of her in-dungeon combo in Shadows of Valentia.

Down Tilt: Celica, while crouched, moves her hand outward, launching a small, thunderous spark toward the ground. Due to the stun effect, this move can combo into itself twice before knockback forces foes away.

Smash Attacks:

Up Smash: Celica, using the Beloved Zofia like a sort of baton, casts Excalibur above her, creating a slow-rising razor wind. It travels higher up and does more damage the longer it is charged. The move has a trapping effect due to it being a rapid multi-hit move.

Side Smash: Celica leaps up and smashes the Beloved Zofia downward onto opponents. This is based on her critical hit animation in both Gaiden and Shadows of Valentia. However, this move does far less knockback than the rest of her smash attacks, due to not being magically backed.

Down Smash: Celica performs her casting animation and casts Thunder, hitting both sides of the ground beside her with bolts of lightning.

Aerial Attacks:

Neutral Air: Celica's fire ball splits into a small stream of fire. Celica moves the Beloved Zofia in a circular motion and the stream of flames circles around her twice, clockwise.

Forward Air: Celica, using a variation of Seraphim, quickly grows angelic wings and uses them to slam foes both forward and downward. This move is based on one of Celica's attacks in Fire Emblem Warriors.

Back Air: Celica quickly makes a backhanded strike with the Beloved Zofia. Here, the tip of the blade is blessed with the Thunder spell, creating a small orb of electricity at the end. Hitting with the spark does much more damage.

Up Air: Celica uses another variant of Excalibur and sending a small gust of wind upward. Knockback-wise and potency-wise, it is somewhere between Mega Man's and Mr. Game and Watch's wind-based up airs.

Down Air: Celica slices beneath her in a back and forth motion with the Beloved Zofia. A two-hit attack.

Grab, Pummel, and Throws:

Grab and Pummel: Celica has a fairly standard grab, and pummels by imbuing her hands with fire to burn the opponent. The pummel does not, however, cause recoil damage, despite being magic based. This holds true for Celica's throws as well.

Forward Throw: Celica releases the foe as three columns of fire erupt in front of her, beneath the foe, carrying them away before causing severe knockback.

Back Throw: Celica tosses the foe back and releases a blast of light magic from her hands, sending them flying.

Up Throw: Celica waves her arms over her after bringing her foe upward, shocking them with electricity before launching them.

Down Throw: Pointing her Beloved Zofia to the ground, three strikes of compressed wind energy pummel the foe before bouncing them off the ground of the stage.

Specials:

Neutral: Fire (Ragnarok) - Celica charges up her fire ball that shoots forward before exploding. At full charge, this becomes Ragnarok, which is incredibly powerful, doing roughly 35% damage and quite a bit of knock back, but at the expense of Celica taking hefty recoil damage. Chargeable and storable. While it is stored, however, any attack using Celica's fire ball will grow in power, but the recoil damage of the move will be more severe. This does not effect her dash attack or forward throw, however.

Side: Seraphim - Celica clasps her hands together as she is bathed in a flash white light. A giant ball of white light surrounds Celica when the button is released, and slowly it moves forward. If the opponent is overlapping Celica's light, they will be trapped similarly to Mewtwo's neutral air, before being carried forward with the ball of light and being erupted from it when it reaches its full distance. A "get off me" move' befitting Celica's connection to Mila and having one of her weaknesses protected.

Up: Excalibur - Celica summons a gust of razor wind around her as she ascends. Nearby foes get cut by the wind, though Celica also takes minor damage from this move (less than five percent).

Down: Mila's Turnwheel - Celica kneels and enters a praying stance. If this move is held for five seconds without breaking, Celica's damage percentage will reset to how it was thirty seconds prior to use. Celica must be on the ground in order to use it.

Final Smash: Ragnarok Ω - If foes are in range of the attack's start up, a cutscene plays, based on Celica's in-game cutscene when activating this move. Visually, they're essentially the same. The move then ends. Unlike in Shadows of Valentia, this move does not cause recoil damage to Celica, due to being her Final Smash.

Extras:

Entrance Animation: Like all Fire Emblem characters, a Warp spell brings her to the stage. She then ignites her fire spell.

Taunts:

Side Taunt: Celica swipes the Beloved Zofia to the side as it glows red with flames.
Up Taunt: Enters a praying stance and says "May the fighting be over soon."
Down Taunt: Lightly brushes herself off and says "Rest now."

Victory Animations:

Victory 1: Twirls before placing a hand on her hip, saying "All thanks to the Mother." A direct reference to her Shadows of Valentia victory animation.
Victory 2: Sheathes the Beloved Zofia while saying "Mila has seen me through this day."
Victory 3: Holds her hand skyward as a giant fireball bursts, creating a firework-like effect, and smiles.

Victory VS Marth: Animation 2, but she says "The Hero of the War of Shadows...it was an honor."

Snake Codec:

Codec:

Snake: Colonel, this girl is using magic. What do you know about her?
Colonel: That's Celica, Snake, though she's also known as Princess Anthiese of Zofia.
Snake: So she's royalty, huh?
Colonel: Princess Anthiese went into hiding at a young age after an attempted coup led to the murder of her entire family. She's since stayed at a priory, and in turn became a priestess of Mila, skilled in both swordplay and magic.
Snake: I wouldn't expect a holy woman to be fighting here.
Colonel: She may be kind, but don't underestimate her, Snake. Her magic can call upon the powers of fire, thunder, wind, and holy light. You'd do well to stay away. Her magic is powerful, but it comes at the cost of her health. Prolonged use of her magic makes her easier to take out. Use that to your advantage.
Snake: Have her whittle away at her own health, huh? Got it.

Overview:

Celica mainly relies on her spells, with a few moves utilizing the Beloved Zofia, like her jab. The Beloved Zofia acts more like a conduit for her spells here than an actual weapon for most of her moveset, where she makes graceful guiding motions with it to focus her spells, not unlike a baton, or how Toon Link uses the Wind Waker. For the few attacks where she uses the Beloved Zofia for offense, she takes a more rapier-like style.

Like in Shadows of Valentia's dungeon segments, Celica is followed by a small wisp of fire. This is mostly cosmetic and serves as a neat way for her to animate some of her attacks, but also benefits from her neutral special, wherein she can increase its size the more she charges her Fire spell special. This increases the size of some of her attacks' hit boxes at the expense of more recoil damage, and after firing off her charged Fire or Ragnarok, the wisp fizzles back to its original size.

In reference to Gaiden and Shadows of Valentia's unique magic system, Celica takes a variant of Pichu's self damage gimmick, but better executed. Celica does more self damage the more potent her spells are, but can reliably kill using them. Her issue stems from her being the epitome of a glass cannon, as she can't take hits well at all, especially when using her higher recoil spells. In addition to reflecting her game of origin's mechanics, her moveset also reflects her personality and character, with her gracefulness coming through in her use of the Beloved Zofia and her penchant for self-sacrifice for the greater good coming through in her powerful spells' recoil.

So yeah, tell me what you think!
Yes good moveset for her. But I still would prefer Alm. However, Celica has a lot of merrit and unique appeal. Wouldn't mind at all if she got in with such a moveset. It's very fitting, and the moveset writes itself. Much like Alm.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Amaterasu is the only choice for a Capcom character.

But yes, Heiachi is much more likely.

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
Doomguy would be awesome but stuck with mostly chainsaw attacks
Not really.
The majority of his weapons are perfectly viable. I only see the Super Shotgun being an issue due to how it looks. Otherwise he has plenty of weapons that can get away with stylized bullets on top of using ammo types that aren't bullets.

APC99

Smash Master
NNID
APC-99
3DS FC
3840-8265-8211
So....

I'm curious...

+Newcomer Jill Valentine

+Aku Aku Mask Item

+Various Doom Trophies

+Kuma Assist Trophy
+Various Tekken Trophies
Resident Evil: I've never played the series, but I wouldn't mind seeing it represented, although I'm curious as to how Jill would play or what her moveset would look like, considering the treatment of other M-rated series like Metal Gear Solid and Bayonetta.

Crash Bandicoot: YES. 90's mascot, rival to Mario and Sonic, unique personality and an almost-writes-itself moveset? I can't support this enough.

DOOM: I would've called this crazy talk years ago, but now... I'm kind of liking it. DOOM isn't your everyday FPS, and has a lot of potential. My only problem is if they'd allow something as violent as DOOM into a game like Smash. "Rip and tear!" better be a taunt, though.

Tekken: I think Heihachi in Smash would be really cool, though I understand it'd be difficult to translate the Tekken gameplay to a Smash format. I'm sure it wouldn't be too much of an issue, though, considering we've gotten characters like Mega Man, Ryu and Bayonetta, who adapt into Smash while staying true to their original games.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom