• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

osby

Smash Obsessed
Already covered this one, yeah. Interesting that it was posted to GameFAQs. I guess I'll have to search there too.

Just when I thought leak hunting couldn't expose me to anymore cancer.

Anyways, here's another leak from 4chan. Not that impressive. I think it might be fake.
https://boards.fireden.net/v/thread/422624424/#422624424
I'm a beta tester for Smash. Can't answer any questions. If I'm too "correct" or "detailed" they'll know they have a legitimate leak in the company. I don't know anything about the marketing, I can't explain why these characters were picked over any other.

I normally test B-Grade shovel ware schlock, so when Nintendo was offering a job I thought I was in for a treat. Game f***ing sucks, I was wrong.

Looked up the roster of Smash For Wii-U, everyone from that is in it, except for Charizard

Added to that

Pichu (Isn't this just Pikachu? Has a bug where he keeps hurting himself... I keep getting told it's intentional)

Snake (Doesn't even look like a snake..)

Pokemon Trainer (You pick him and he stays in the background, you play as some turtle instead)

Wolf (Plays just like Fox for the most part, but has this brooding savage feel to him.. I hate "Evil Counterpart characters" so lazy)

Young Link (Why does Nintendo want three of this guy? Does the Zelda series just not have characters?)

Daisy (plays like Peach, but her turnips are orange, look more like carrots)

Inkling

Ridley

Geno (Has a star for his logo, no idea what game he's from)

Waddle Dee (Blue scarf on his head, holding a spear. Look I just test these games, I don't get it either)

King K.Rool (Has alternate costumes, his name changes to Kaptain K.Rool or Baron K.Roolenstein if used)

Lord Fredrick (Plays just like K.Rool)

Ashley (Listed as a Wario character, does magic spells, I thought Wario's villain was a pirate.. whatever)

Dixie Kong (Very similar to Diddy Kong, has different throws)

Isabelle (Very similar to Villager)

Chorus Men (Really ****ing annoying to play, you have smack A in sync to their singing or their damage is terrible)

Dark Samus (Slightly more different than Dark Pit is to Pit.. I mean at least Dark Samus floats in her running animation.. What's with game designers thinking "Dark" automatically makes a character cool. As a tester I roll my eyes at this **** all the time)

Word limit didn't let me post these

Ice Climbers - Not sure why Nintendo put in a stereotype of innuit people, the Hillary shills in America are going to go ape**** over this (Glad I voted for Trump, f*** your feelings)

Saki - Some anime kid with a gun

Isaac - Like Marth, but shoots hands at people... Laziest addition I've seen

Elma - Some black b**** with a gun, why couldn't it have been a white guy with a gun.. Since she's going for this "REAL AMERICAN HERO" vibe...

Deciudeye - Some bird archer thing... I think it's a Pokemon, actually kind of cool

Chibi Robo - Some buttplug with a plug for a tail

Ayumi - Waifu bait.

anyway that's everyone, supervisors (Japanese men from Nintendo and their translators) seem pretty happy with this lot, keep mentioning something about possibly having a banjo in as DLC... no idea what the f*** he's talking about.

Oh yeah, forgot one...

They added some guy named Chrom, plays exactly like Ike...

Why are there so many blue haired swordsmen? Is that a Japanese thing? Nintendo needs to fire whoever's doing market research. I'm not accepting a job from a Japanese company ever again.

Someone does say this:
"Like f***ing come on, I figured my "Lol, I don't even know what video games are yet I'm a tester" combined with my "I'm too racist to like the game because I voted for Trump" with a "That's too many f***ing characters" stat booster really should have told you this was a joke, come the f*** on."

So, should I log this one, or no? I'm leaning towards no, but I'll leave it up to you guys.
It physically hurt me to read this.

Jetsurge

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-2536-8732-7990
If there's a Smash reboot with a Melee amount of characters plus 4 extras...
:ultmario::ultluigi::ultpeach::ultbowser::ultdk::ultyoshi:
:ultlink::ultzelda::ultsheik::ultganondorf::ultness::ultvillager:
:ultpikachu::ultpokemontrainer::ultmewtwo::ultlucario::ultkirby::ultinkling:
:ultsamus::ultridley::ultpit::ultpalutena::ultfox::ultolimar:
:ultmarth::ultlucina::ultrobin:ultcorrin::ultduckhunt::ultsonic:
Fire Emblem should not have that many characters in a reboot. Maybe 2 at the most. Also DK should at least have Diddy and Kirby at least Dedede.

Last edited:

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Fire Emblem should not have that many characters in a reboot. Maybe 2 at the most.
:ultmarth: is a given, not sure about who would be second. Just giving a clone wouldn't be right, representing the newer games letting you customize your own character can be shown through :ultrobin. or just give it to ike because he's guts: nintendo edition

Skyblade12

Banned via Warnings
3DS FC
1547-6378-0895
None of what you said actually relates to my core points in my message; nevertheless I will address your post . Cloud WAS never on a Nintendo Console but Snake and Sonic was. I had no problems with Cloud (some people did) but I was merely pointing it out because Cloud is incredibly ironic in Smash bros considering there are people who are Nintendo purists and Cloud is literally the antithesis of Nintendo (Smash originally nintendo franchises.. get the drift?) as stated in my previous post. Smash was originally a Nintendo fighter; then it transitioned into video game franchises characters that appeared with Nintendo and now to just video game characters in general (thanks to Cloud). My previous post fits quite nicely that anything can change if something is deemed profitable and this is true. This is why I think the character speculation is so interesting; I have no clue who Sakurai will add.

Hypothetical: 90% of the fan base literally requested Sakurai to add this character and would willing to pay money for this character; would Sakurai... no Nintendo dare not add a character in the game when that character would reaps them ton of profit. I am saying that companies will be companies. Nothing is as ideological as it seems. Even if the said character would be thought of as silly; the amount of people who actually thinks that said character would silly and a turn-off is actually insignificant and only 10% OR less (indifferent).
Incorrect. Cloud appeared in Kingdom Hearts: Chain of Memories and Theatrhythm.

Honest Slug

Smash Journeyman
None of what you said actually relates to my core points in my message; nevertheless I will address your post . Cloud WAS never on a Nintendo Console but Snake and Sonic was. I had no problems with Cloud (some people did) but I was merely pointing it out because Cloud is incredibly ironic in Smash bros considering there are people who are Nintendo purists and Cloud is literally the antithesis of Nintendo (Smash originally nintendo franchises.. get the drift?) as stated in my previous post. Smash was originally a Nintendo fighter; then it transitioned into video game franchises characters that appeared with Nintendo and now to just video game characters in general (thanks to Cloud). My previous post fits quite nicely that anything can change if something is deemed profitable and this is true. This is why I think the character speculation is so interesting; I have no clue who Sakurai will add.

Hypothetical: 90% of the fan base literally requested Sakurai to add this character and would willing to pay money for this character; would Sakurai... no Nintendo dare not add a character in the game when that character would reaps them ton of profit. I am saying that companies will be companies. Nothing is as ideological as it seems. Even if the said character would be thought of as silly; the amount of people who actually thinks that said character would silly and a turn-off is actually insignificant and only 10% OR less (indifferent).
When has Sakurai ever said a 3rd party had to be on Nintendo? I feel like this is a common misconception, likewise non-video game characters have been considered non-viable by the ballot and Sakurai.

Smash Bros expanding is more due to less Nintendo all-stars existing than the rules changing. With less notable Nintendo characters to choose from it makes sense to add more third parties.

I think Cloud is a case where the Smash fandom's arbitrary rules bite them in the back, some think that because Cloud was possible anything is possible when Cloud was probably never impossible to begin with.

Also yeah lots of people bought Cloud, there's lots of popular video game characters too, so I don't see how the money favors non-video game characters in comparison.

**Gilgamesh**

Smash Ace
When has Sakurai ever said a 3rd party had to be on Nintendo? I feel like this is a common misconception, likewise non-video game characters have been considered non-viable by the ballot and Sakurai.

Smash Bros expanding is more due to less Nintendo all-stars existing than the rules changing. With less notable Nintendo characters to choose from it makes sense to add more third parties.

I think Cloud is a case where the Smash fandom's arbitrary rules bite them in the back, some think that because Cloud was possible anything is possible when Cloud was probably never impossible to begin with.

Also yeah lots of people bought Cloud, there's lots of popular video game characters too, so I don't see how the money favors non-video game characters in comparison.
Exactly my point on your first stance. Smash Fans put barriers up stating that characters needs to meet this requirement then gets blown up to pieces when Sakurai breaks the rule. I am merely suggesting and bringing awareness that Sakurai and companies has a tendency to change their rules / views.

I also never said Sakurai has "said this"; in fact my post was implying the opposite..........

I don't quite understand on how your last point about tons of people buying Cloud has to deal with my point about how it's not always all about being adhering to a rule or policy set forth by the creator or company but simply that profit and demand can cause things to change as the basic of a company is to make the most profit especially if their consumers has demand for that particular product.
Mind you; I also never said that money favors 4th party characters (mind you I am only taking about the DBZ franchise as that's the only one to ever has any chance).

I also do not truly know how popular he is just like with K. K Rool etc. but I am playing devil's advocate because I find this quite fascinating as for the reasons people are giving. Personally, I think there are other reaons or maybe I am calling on their bluff.

Edit: Jetsurge Jetsurge While Final Fantasy originally appeared on Nintendo; I know we not going to just act like and forget that 1.) Each Final Fantasy game is a brand new game (universe) with an entirely different story told with completely different characters with some reoccurring characters name; A previous Final Fantasy title has little to no relation to the other Final Fantasy other being from same company and having the same name. It's not like Sonic, Mario, Metal Gear or the like 2.) FF VII and and beyond has NEVER been on a Nintendo console since and literally FF VII put Sony on the map. If his series was originally on Nintendo then 3.) why not add Terra or Bartz, or even Black Mage like Sakurai originally had in mind (because they did originally appear on Nintendo? No, he chose the most popular character of them all who never had any significance to Nintendo whatsoever simply because the fans wanted him.

Mind you I am pointing out the flaws of the Smash Fan-Base. I will reiterate that I share no codes or requirements and is just discussing on what I have seen from people on forums do when it came to characters like Cloud and Snake etc..

Last edited:

Nonno Umby

Smash Lord
NNID
Nonno_Umby
Switch FC
SW 5218 5477 4500
Let’s play a little game, choose your most wanted newcomer from each series:

Mario:
Yoshi:
Wario:
Donkey Kong:
Zelda:
Metroid:
Fire Emblem:
Kirby:
Star Fox:
Pokémon:
F-Zero:
Earthbound:
Pikmin:
Kid Icarus:
Animal Crossing:
Punch Out!:
Xenoblade:
Splatoon:
Retro:
Other:
SEGA:
Capcom:
Namco:
Square Enix:
Konami:

For me I’d do this:
Mario: Captain Toad
Yoshi: Kamek
Wario: Ashley
Donkey Kong: Dixie Kong
Zelda: Tetra
Metroid: Dark Samus
Fire Emblem: Lyndis
Kirby: Bandana Dee
Star Fox: Slippy or Krystal
Pokémon: Zoroark
F-Zero: Jody Summer
Earthbound: Kumatora
Pikmin: Alph
Kid Icarus: Viridi
Animal Crossing: Tom Nook or Isabelle
Punch Out!: Doc Lois
Xenoblade: Fiora
Splatoon: Octolings
Retro: Takamaru
Other: Chorus Kids
SEGA: Arle Nadja
Capcom: Chun-Li
Namco: Lloyd
Square Enix: Geno
Konami: Bomberman
Ok, here is my list:

Yoshi: Kamek
Donkey Kong: King K. Rool
Zelda: Impa
Metroid: Sylux
Fire Emblem: OLIVER (he is mah man in heroes), or a more serious pick would be Anna
Star Fox: Peppy Hare
Pokémon: Rowlet
F-Zero: Dr. Steward
Earthbound: Pokey/Porky Minch
Pikmin: Louie
Kid Icarus: Hades
Animal Crossing: Isabelle
Punch Out!: Von Kaiser
Xenoblade: Elma (but Rex and Pyra are close second)
Splatoon: Octolings
Retro: Daytorio (it would be Takamaru, but...good night, sweet prince)
Other: Rhythm Heaven character. Anyone is good as long as they aren't Karate Joe
SEGA: Welkin from Valkyria Chronicles
Capcom: Phoenix Wright
Namco: Heiachi
Square Enix: 2B
Konami: Simon Belmont

Headcrab Jackalope

Smash Ace
NNID
Jackalope1313
3DS FC
0791-2751-5749
Switch FC
SW-2418-1451-4036
Yoshi: Poochy
Pokémon: Buzzwole
F-Zero: I WON'T LET MY DREAM DIE
Pikmin: Bulborb
Animal Crossing: Mr. Resetti
Excellent taste in characters.

As for me:

Mario: Petey Piranha
Yoshi: Poochy
Zelda: Daruk
Metroid: Kraid
Fire Emblem: Anna
Star Fox: Leon Powalski
Pokémon: Buzzwole
F-Zero: Black Shadow
Earthbound: Porky
Pikmin: Plasm Wraith
Kid Icarus: Eggplant Wizard
Animal Crossing: Mr. Resetti
Punch Out!: King Hippo
Xenoblade: Tora & Poppi
Splatoon: DJ Octavio
Retro: Excitebike
Other: Chibi-Robo
Square Enix: Slime

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Smash Reboot?

:ultmario::ultluigi::ultbowser::ultpeach::ultdk::ultdiddy:
:ultlink::ultzelda::ultganondorf::ultmarth::ultlucina::ultike:
:ultsamus::ultyoshi::ultwario::ultpikachu::ultmewtwo::ultlucario:
:ultpit::ultinkling::ultkirby::ultmetaknight::ultolimar::ultfox:

Mix of old, new, and classic.

No retros, no 3rd parties, no forced concepts.

Most wanted by series;

Yoshi: Yarn Yoshi
Donkey Kong: King K.Rool or Dixie Kong (equally important / hype to me)
Zelda: IMPA!
Metroid: Anthony Higgs (Remember him?)
Fire Emblem: Either Alm or Celica
Kirby: Dark Matter
Star Fox: Now Krystal is a no-hoper.. I'd say Slippy
Pokémon: Blaziken
F-Zero: Honorary C.Falcon Echo*
Earthbound: Porky Minch the fat boy from around the block
Kid Icarus: Viridi or Hades
Animal Crossing: Tom Nook
Punch Out!: King Hippo
Xenoblade: Elma
Splatoon: ??????
Retro: Balloon Fighter
Other: Banjo-Kazooie
SEGA: Let's not do this
Capcom: Amaterasu
Namco: Nightmare
Square Enix: Geno

Last edited:

Troykv

Smash Master
Let’s play a little game, choose your most wanted newcomer from each series:

Mario:
Yoshi:
Wario:
Donkey Kong:
Zelda:
Metroid:
Fire Emblem:
Kirby:
Star Fox:
Pokémon:
F-Zero:
Earthbound:
Pikmin:
Kid Icarus:
Animal Crossing:
Punch Out!:
Xenoblade:
Splatoon:
Retro:
Other:
SEGA:
Capcom:
Namco:
Square Enix:
Konami:
Okay then!

Mario: Waluigi
Yoshi: Kamek?
Zelda: Midna?
Metroid: ... Well... Ridley is already in the game... so... Dark Samus xD
Fire Emblem: Micaiah (most wanted overall BTW) :starman:
Star Fox: Slippy? xD
Pokémon: I guess Decidueye
F-Zero: Black Shadow
Mother: Hmm... Porky? Kumatora?
Kid Icarus: Medusa
Animal Crossing: Isabelle
Punch Out: Doc?
Xenoblade: Elma?
Splatoon: Octoling
Retro: Takamaru? But Ayumi would also a fun choice
Other: No idea xDU
Capcom: Phoenix Wright or also Leon Kennedy
Namco: Hmm... KOS-MOS would be fun
Square Enix: Damn; this is hard; I like many FF Characters xD

NintenRob

Rising YouTuber
Writing Team
NNID
trpdm.wilton
I don't Isabelle can function as an Echo

My understanding of an echo is essentially someone who is essentially an alternate costume with more fleshed out personality and different properties on certain moves. That means proportions would have to be the same and Isabelle does not have same proportions as Villager, she's taller and slimmer so it would likely take more effort to clone her to the point where she's not an echo.

Skyblade12

Banned via Warnings
3DS FC
1547-6378-0895
ha fine I'll change my response then since it's technically true with what you said. Nice semantics though
What’s semantics about it? It’s not Cloud’s first appearance? Neither was Metal Gear, that was a port. It’s not his biggest? Again, Snake’s biggest were the MGS games. Cloud had been on Nintendo platforms far more recently than Snake had. In an interview with Famitsu, Sakurai had even stated “I don’t know what I’d do if Cloud never appeared on a Nintendo console”.

But, since we’re taking semantics, I suggest you watch the E3 Direct again. That opening tease, where Sakurai reveals Smash with the Wii U footage: “What is Smash? It’s a series where beloved VIDEO GAME CHARACTERS Smash each other off screen.”

So, he may change his mind about that at some point in the future. He has not thus far, however, and I hope he never does.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
And what exactly is a "forced concept?" Some...arbitrary thing the speculation community's concocted over the years? Because that's exactly what it sounds like.

Smooth Criminal
That wasn't very smooth at all actually.

Smooth Criminal

Da Cheef
NNID
boundless_light
Neither was Metal Gear, that was a port
Just wanna point out (sorry about being a pedant, but MGS superfan here kicking in)

Snake did debut on the NES/Famicom looooooooooong before he popped up on the Gamecube. Doesn't matter about being big or not, facts are facts. And I'm not even gonna touch on the "relevancy" stuff. Sakurai does whatever the hell Sakurai wants, patterns and stuff like that ya'll come up with be damned.

That wasn't very smooth at all actually.
I mean, am I wrong, Diddy? Tell me what a forced concept is. If it's a forced thing to you, fine, that is your opinion and I will respect it (insofar as I can, anyways). You're making it out though like it's some...actual, quantifiable thing that Sakurai has done, and that it is a thing that he's gonna keep doing.

It's very, uh, nebulous-sounding and fantastical from where I'm sitting.

Smooth Criminal

Last edited:

wildvine47

Smash Ace
Interesting thing I found watching some gameplay on Youtube. Everyone remembers that weird Golden Pikachu screenshot from the site right? This one?

I found out what causes the golden effect, and no, it's not a Metal Box rarity or some weird new item. It's actually a new effect for Xerneas!

This video shows Ridley getting powered up by Xerneas, and it applies the new Golden effect to him. So it's not some new mysterious item, just a new effect of an old one. Don't know what this means for Golden Plains from the 3DS returning, but if it does, hey, they've already got the effect for it in now.

Zinith

Yoshi is Thicc in S P I R I T
All around you, awaiting to consume your soul
Switch FC
SW-4624-0132-9722
I have an idea. Since Echo Fighters are effectively the same as other characters other than personality, I want to focus on taunts.

Think of a potential Echo Fighter and think of the 3 taunts for him/her.

I'll give it a go for
:

Up: He faces the screen, lowers his glasses provocatively, grins and does the eyebrow wink
Side: He stretches his legs in reference to the Yoshi race in SMRPG
Down: He wiggles his tail/booty towards the screen similar to Wario's booty shake.

Jetsurge

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-2536-8732-7990
Interesting thing I found watching some gameplay on Youtube. Everyone remembers that weird Golden Pikachu screenshot from the site right? This one?

I found out what causes the golden effect, and no, it's not a Metal Box rarity or some weird new item. It's actually a new effect for Xerneas!

This video shows Ridley getting powered up by Xerneas, and it applies the new Golden effect to him. So it's not some new mysterious item, just a new effect of an old one. Don't know what this means for Golden Plains from the 3DS returning, but if it does, hey, they've already got the effect for it in now.
I think it's a new indication for a fighter being powered up. Victini powers you up too.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Just go ahead and answer his question.

What's a "forced concept?"
I mean, am I wrong, Diddy? Tell me what a forced concept is. If it's a forced thing to you, fine, that is your opinion and I will respect it (insofar as I can, anyways). You're making it out though like it's some...actual, quantifiable thing that Sakurai has done, and that it is a thing that he's gonna keep doing.

It's very, uh, nebulous-sounding and fantastical from where I'm sitting.

Smooth Criminal
Forced concepts? Well I mean having token retro newcomers, new franchise entries for the sake of having them, and that's just about it.

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
You know that one song that need return and I'm still baffled it didn't already after 3 games?
Like, it's so freakin' good, why was the one from Melee taken over this one in Smash 4? I never know, but I hope they correct this in Ultimate.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774

Why is Pikachu so big?

Jetsurge

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-2536-8732-7990
I have an idea. Since Echo Fighters are effectively the same as other characters other than personality, I want to focus on taunts.

I'll give it a go for
:

Up: He faces the screen, lowers his glasses provocatively, grins and does the eyebrow wink
Down: He wiggles his tail/booty towards the screen similar to Wario's booty shake.
:

Up: Uses Chaos Control to teleport on the ground. Similar to Megaman's taunt.
Side: Shadow crosses his arms and says "I'm the coolest"
Down: Shadow looks around. "Where's that DAM 4th chaos emerald?"

Jetsurge

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-2536-8732-7990
You know that one song that need return and I'm still baffled it didn't already after 3 games?
Like, it's so freakin' good, why was the one from Melee taken over this one in Smash 4? I never know, but I hope they correct this in Ultimate.
What if Metal Mario and Masterhand were playable?

MoonlitIllusion

Smash Champion

I'll give it a go for
:

I'll do Shadow:
up - Tosses up and catches a green chaos emerald while saying "Think you can keep up with me?"
Side - Turns away from the screen and folds his arms while grunting because edge
Down - Something similar to his 06 victory animation where he does a flip before spinning and folding his arms, he could say something like "pathetic" while doing it lol.

Victory animations too:
1 - He rides in on his bike before jumping off and folding his arms while saying "not even a challenge"
2 - He faces away from the screen while folding his arms before turning his head as his name is called, he'll then pull out a chaos emerald and teleport away, he'd say "farewell" while doing so
3 - He reaches out and grabs a chaos emerald while juggling it and saying "get out of my sight"

Last edited:

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
What if Metal Mario and Masterhand were playable?
Metal Mario? 'cant see it due to metal box, 'could be a boss tho.

Master Hand? He probably be exclusif to a special mode where you can control boss. I mean, how do you make a character like Master Hand into a balanced, playable character?

Jetsurge

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-2536-8732-7990
Metal Mario? 'cant see it due to metal box, 'could be a boss tho.

Master Hand? He probably be exclusif to a special mode where you can control boss. I mean, how do you make a character like Master Hand into a balanced, playable character?
Is the metal box back?

Jetsurge

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-2536-8732-7990

My understanding of an echo is essentially someone who is essentially an alternate costume with more fleshed out personality and different properties on certain moves. That means proportions would have to be the same and Isabelle does not have same proportions as Villager, she's taller and slimmer so it would likely take more effort to clone her to the point where she's not an echo.
I don't think Sakurai will add Isabelle because she doesn't fight which was the reason Sakurai didn't use BOTW Zelda.

Zinith

Yoshi is Thicc in S P I R I T
All around you, awaiting to consume your soul
Switch FC
SW-4624-0132-9722
I'll do Shadow:
up - Tosses up and catches a green chaos emerald while saying "Think you can keep up with me?"
Side - Turns away from the screen and folds his arms while grunting because edge
Down - Something similar to his 06 victory animation where he does a flip before spinning and folding his arms, he could say something like "pathetic" while doing it lol.

Victory animations too:
1 - He rides in on his bike before jumping off and folding his arms while saying "not even a challenge"
2 - He faces away from the screen while folding his arms before turning his head as his name is called, he'll then pull out a chaos emerald and teleport away, he'd say "farewell" while doing so
3 - He reaches out and grabs a chaos emerald while juggling it and saying "get out of my sight"
Ah, didn't think about the victory animations

Boshi still:
1. He Egg Rolls into view and breaks out in a presenting pose like Dedede's crouch.
2. He licks his lips while staring at you menacingly.
3. To parallel Yoshi, he mimics the fighting pose of another famous video game fighting character, like Heihachi

papagenos

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-0554-8947-9778
Heres another one o' dem 4chan leaks:

"Hello, I know this will probably be buried under a lot of speculation, however I am leaving my career after a few years and I've decided to speak about what I know about this game.

A little backstory, I worked for a little animation company called "Spooky graphic". We worked a little bit on the animated trailers for Smash Wii U, and we were asked to help with this new game too. I personally specialise in effects, including for example the dust you see when the characters land in the Duck Hunt trailer. I also worked on the lighting for Mega Man's trailer. Including a Spark Shock move featuring Pikachu that got unfortunately cut.

Because I have only worked on the trailers, I was only ever given what I needed to. I don't have any attack information, and I can't say that there aren't other character trailers being worked on. We were supplied with screenshots and animation references however, to make sure the animation is accurate.

So far, the company has been hired to work on two trailers. The first one appears to be a King K. Rool trailer. The trailer is a comedic take on a heist movie, with Wario, Wolf and Ridley planning to steal a large pile of bananas from Donkey Kong. I mainly worked on the physics for the scroll map, however I did do dust trails for the end of the trailer where King K. Rool is running away with the stash in a wooden cart. I know that at one point he uses a giant cannon (smoke effects) so this is likely one of his specials.​

The second and last trailer I worked on is for a character that from what I can tell isn't highly requested, but should cause a lot of excitement. It's a trailer for Gengar. The main theme of the trailer is the haunted house genre, starring Ness, Lucas and Toon Link (in pajamas). It appears to be a sleepover scene, with the kids telling scary stories. The house starts doing strange things, including moving chairs, animating paintings and strange noises. All of these effects use an aura, so I worked quite heavily on this animation. Eventually, both Toon Link and Ness are swallowed by a black void, leaving only Lucas. The wall then grows a smiling face, and Gengar emerges from it.

I wish I could give you moveset information, however that doesn't appear to be possible for Gengar. His character model is translucent however, and that would likely be a feature in his actual character. Other than that, all I can say is that he's in the game.

The reason I can legally divulge this information is actually the reason I am leaving the company. I was seriously ill a while ago, and was out of work for a few months. Those were the months that Nintendo demanded non-disclosure agreements, and I was overlooked. By the time I had left, nobody had asked me to sign anything, so as far as I know I'm under no obligation to keep this secret. The illness has returned, and I am unable to work because of it."​

the company he is talking about "spooky graphic" is indeed real and works on nintendo games so theres that. http://www.spooky.tv/

Dandelionel

Smash Apprentice

Daisy and Lucina are shorter than their base, and they are still echoes. And she is about the same size as the Villager in New Leaf, but since they use the old version in Smash Ultimate I can give you that (why didn't they update Villager's design???). Still, I find her possible to be an echo

osby

Smash Obsessed
I don't think Sakurai will add Isabelle because she doesn't fight which was the reason Sakurai didn't use BOTW Zelda.
Villager also doesn't fight.
Also, I think her not being a fighter, might not be only reason of BotW Zelda not getting in.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Daisy and Lucina are shorter than their base, and they are still echoes. And she is about the same size as the Villager in New Leaf, but since they use the old version in Smash Ultimate I can give you that (why didn't they update Villager's design???). Still, I find her possible to be an echo
Well that means that Impa, as a Sheik Echo, can still be taller than Sheik right? That's good.

MoonlitIllusion

Smash Champion
Heres another one o' dem 4chan leaks:

"Hello, I know this will probably be buried under a lot of speculation, however I am leaving my career after a few years and I've decided to speak about what I know about this game.​
A little backstory, I worked for a little animation company called "Spooky graphic". We worked a little bit on the animated trailers for Smash Wii U, and we were asked to help with this new game too. I personally specialise in effects, including for example the dust you see when the characters land in the Duck Hunt trailer. I also worked on the lighting for Mega Man's trailer. Including a Spark Shock move featuring Pikachu that got unfortunately cut.​
Because I have only worked on the trailers, I was only ever given what I needed to. I don't have any attack information, and I can't say that there aren't other character trailers being worked on. We were supplied with screenshots and animation references however, to make sure the animation is accurate.​
So far, the company has been hired to work on two trailers. The first one appears to be a King K. Rool trailer. The trailer is a comedic take on a heist movie, with Wario, Wolf and Ridley planning to steal a large pile of bananas from Donkey Kong. I mainly worked on the physics for the scroll map, however I did do dust trails for the end of the trailer where King K. Rool is running away with the stash in a wooden cart. I know that at one point he uses a giant cannon (smoke effects) so this is likely one of his specials.​

The second and last trailer I worked on is for a character that from what I can tell isn't highly requested, but should cause a lot of excitement. It's a trailer for Gengar. The main theme of the trailer is the haunted house genre, starring Ness, Lucas and Toon Link (in pajamas). It appears to be a sleepover scene, with the kids telling scary stories. The house starts doing strange things, including moving chairs, animating paintings and strange noises. All of these effects use an aura, so I worked quite heavily on this animation. Eventually, both Toon Link and Ness are swallowed by a black void, leaving only Lucas. The wall then grows a smiling face, and Gengar emerges from it.​
I wish I could give you moveset information, however that doesn't appear to be possible for Gengar. His character model is translucent however, and that would likely be a feature in his actual character. Other than that, all I can say is that he's in the game.​
The reason I can legally divulge this information is actually the reason I am leaving the company. I was seriously ill a while ago, and was out of work for a few months. Those were the months that Nintendo demanded non-disclosure agreements, and I was overlooked. By the time I had left, nobody had asked me to sign anything, so as far as I know I'm under no obligation to keep this secret. The illness has returned, and I am unable to work because of it."​

the company he is talking about "spooky graphic" is indeed real and works on nintendo games so theres that. http://www.spooky.tv/
A heist movie theme? a spooky sleepover theme? gengar?

okay...sure...this doesn't scream fan-made at all lol

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom