• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Jedisupersonic

Eight Leaves One Kame Style
NNID
Jedisupersonic
3DS FC
4871-3983-7566
I still like how when Sakurai can he references Mac running behind the bike or Clouds like of Motorcycles.

SonicMario

Smash Master
Okay, someone remind me, because I can't for the life of me remember.

Back during 4's Build up, did characters like :4littlemac: and :rosalina: have ANY build up to their reveals? Or did they really just drop out of nowhere? I know most veterans didn't, but I mean newcomers. Like, any hints at all that there were characters coming soon either officially or unofficially? I know characters like Robin had a stream and a lot of others were shown off in directs/events, but yeah.
I think Rosalina arguably had things like Super Mario 3D World and a few Mario spin-off appearences prior to her reveal?

Jedisupersonic

NNID
Jedisupersonic
3DS FC
4871-3983-7566
Now can Ike grab the ledge with Aether backwards again like in Brawl? is all I wanna know for Ike's mediocre recovery. I already know I'm gonna have to play around the fact that it is mediocre/bad when I use him because I'm very familiar with it.

KMDP

Smash Legend
Referencing the MGS3 Ladder kinda makes me want this version of Snake Eater in Smash:
For those unaware, or too lazy or unable to watch the video, it's the version of Snake Eater used for the final fight against the Boss, it starts with an instrumental (actually it starts with about 5 minutes of silence), then transitions into the vocal theme as your time limit draws nearer.

Pakky

Smash Hero
Boss wouldn't be a bad echo...

Also dumb question but would anyone want King Hippo to fight King K Rool?

Last edited:

Enchess

Smash Lord

Only if K Rool gets his boxer alt. I'd love to have 8-player villain only Smash.

With these guys it'd be enough:
:ultbowser::ultbowserjr::ultganondorf::ultdarkpit::ultridley::ultwolf:
I guess these other ones could count, but they feel iffy on if they are really villains:
:ultkingdedede::ultmetaknight::ultmewtwo::ultwario::ultpichu:

Pakky

Smash Hero
Only if K Rool gets his boxer alt. I'd love to have 8-player villain only Smash.

I guess these other ones could count, but they feel iffy on if they are really villains:

Isn't :ultpichu: the son of :ultridley:? :troll:

KMDP

Smash Legend

Victory Quote v. Snake: "Go home, Jack."

Thought of a great Event Match.
You have 10 minutes, knockback is set to minimum for both players. You play as Snake against Zero Suit Samus (White alt.) and have to KO her before time runs out or she KOs you. At 5 minutes, Snake Eater's instrumental starts playing...

Last edited:

King Sonnn DeDeDoo

Smash Champion

Although very unlikely, I would LOVE The Boss as an Echo, especially if they gave us Big Boss as a costume as Snake since you don't even have to change his voice. Honestly I would be happy with any metal gear representation besides metal gear survive.

Last edited:

Jedisupersonic

NNID
Jedisupersonic
3DS FC
4871-3983-7566
It's Heavy Armor actually. You can break through Yoshi's Double Jump with attacks that have enough knockback (I don't remember the threshold though).

So no, it's not enough...
My mistake I don't play vs Yoshi enough or as him that much.

I find him frustrating to fight though.

Enchess

Smash Lord
It's Heavy Armor actually. You can break through Yoshi's Double Jump with attacks that have enough knockback (I don't remember the threshold though).

So no, it's not enough...
Yoshi should get his tether tongue. It was even in Odyssey and it was awesome.

I don't really pay any attention to Yoshi analysis. Do we know for sure he doesn't have it?

DaybreakHorizon

Simple and Clean
Premium
NNID
tehponycorn
3DS FC
4253-3486-4603
I liked this one I found yesterday a lot and I don't think anyone's shared it yet.
View attachment 150602
Main reason I like it is because it obviously implies Dark Matter would get in but the "hints" have a bunch of weird and absurd things (Sliced Apple? House? Cards?), it kind of makes it fun to think about what those could mean even though it's obviously fake.

Inb4 "Everyone is here" extends to the planned characters as well.
Next time you see something like this tag me please? I'm trying my best to keep up with every leak but some are sure to slip through, like this one.

Could you also link the thread if you have it? I can't seem to find it.

Last edited:

Pakky

Smash Hero
I like animal crossing someone sell me on the puppy waifu.
Gonna add to this

-Mii costume
- Important character
-Not an AT as far as we know.

My only hurdle is that :ultvillager: covers A LOT of AC stuff.

Last edited:

Jedisupersonic

NNID
Jedisupersonic
3DS FC
4871-3983-7566
A way too common outlook imo. People just assume Yoshi is fine the way he is and just leave the character in the backburner as a result...
I'll try to learn him more since I wanna play around with like everyone in this game.

Bouncing Eggs seem cool.

Miikon

Smash Cadet
I think Rosalina arguably had things like Super Mario 3D World and a few Mario spin-off appearences prior to her reveal?
I remember that Rosalinas reveal was coupled with the return of Mario Kart 8 news, as Mario Kart 8 had been absent since E3 (and this was the december direct of the same year that both games had been revealed).

Zinith

Yoshi is Thicc in S P I R I T
All around you, awaiting to consume your soul
Switch FC
SW-4624-0132-9722
Yoshi should get his tether tongue. It was even in Odyssey and it was awesome.

I don't really pay any attention to Yoshi analysis. Do we know for sure he doesn't have it?
We don't know for sure because he's not been shown off all that well. I just REALLY hope they're holding Yoshi off for a reason...

KMDP

Smash Legend
Victory Quote v. Snake: "Go home, Jack."

Thought of a great Event Match.
You have 10 minutes, knockback is set to minimum for both players. You play as Snake against Zero Suit Samus (White alt.) and have to KO her before time runs out or she KOs you. At 5 minutes, Snake Eater's instrumental starts playing...
Although very unlikely, I would LOVE The Boss as an Echo, especially if they gave us Big Boss as a costume as Snake since you don't even have to change his voice. Honestly I would be happy with any metal gear representation besides metal gear survive.
I'd just like to point out how incredibly similar the White alt of Zero Suit Samus is to The Boss' sneaking suit.
It's like, the same shades of grey and white. XD

ColietheGoalie

Smash Lord

Why is Pichu a possible villain??

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Next time you see something like this tag me please? I'm trying my best to keep up with every leak but some are sure to slip through, like this one.
I saw another one earlier today that had Celica, but I don't know if 4chan has a search feature to find it.

Jedisupersonic

NNID
Jedisupersonic
3DS FC
4871-3983-7566
Actually going back to Ikes recovery for a second you know what would be cool?

Duck Hunt can air dodge out of their up B as seen in their trailer can Ike have that out of Side B please?

Pacack

Super Pac-Fan
NNID
Pacack
3DS FC
0688-5284-6845
Yes! Please do it Sakurai! And please put Captain N in Smash as the first non-video game character.
I mean, very technically, the Game and Watch games aren't video games, they're dedicated handheld electronic games.

So Mr. Game and Watch is technically our first non-video game character. Fun fact of the day :upsidedown:

And R.O.B. is technically a video game accessory/"controller" but you already knew that.

**Gilgamesh**

Smash Ace
can someone make a thread so we can begin the discussion on this competitive stage situation? I think some of the "top players" will try to influence it so a lot of stages get arbitrarily banned. and unlike smash 4 customs i do not want "i dont want to learn MUs" to even be considered a valid point inevitable when it is said by someone.

ah ballot conspirators may you never die. you give me my daily supply of salt.
I believe Seasonal stage lists will the a thing in where stages rotate every so often.

KMDP

Smash Legend
I mean, very technically, the Game and Watch games aren't video games, they're dedicated handheld electronic games.

So Mr. Game and Watch is technically our first non-video game character. Fun fact of the day :upsidedown:

And R.O.B. is technically a video game accessory/"controller" but you already knew that.
Could Agumon be our second (third after R.O.B)? Digimon was a V-pet, a type of electronic game.

Murlough

Euphoria
NNID
Murl0ugh
3DS FC
4828-8253-7746
Also, I've just realized Little Mac can now side B into up B.
Hes the most terrifying thing in the game tbh. The directional airdodge is godlike for him, too.

.....meanwhile Fox.....why they gotta do him like that....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom