• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047

seems like Sonic and PAC-MAN still have their ****ty alts, rip
I'm guessing that Namco and Sega have something to do with it; those two characters are pretty heavily associated with that particular colour, so it seems likely that they had to keep Pac-Man yellow, and keep Sonic as a shade of blue.

Enchess

Smash Lord
The... the what?

Bowling Mode...? What?

...What?
A leak said that there will be a mode based on bowling in Stadium. Imagine Target Blast but with bowling pins instead of Angry Birds. I'm super up for that if true. Sounds a lot more fun.

Last edited:

KMDP

Smash Legend
A leak said that there will be a mode based on bowling in Stadium. Imagine Target Blast but with bowling pins instead of Angry Birds. I'm super up for that if true. Sounds a lot more fun.
Are the Trophies the pins? Because that'd be hilarious. :laugh:

Nani?

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
4613-7779-1616
Switch FC
SW 2020-9361-5549
Out of curiosity, what has been the most interesting leak so far. Not the most convincing, just the most interesting. For me, it has to be the Springman/Decidueye leak.

Zerp

Formerly "ZeroSoul"
Administrator
Writing Team
Did anyone see the Giant ROB and Bowling Mode leak?
Yeah, I saw it, I wouldn't put much stock into it (or any of these leaks) but the lack of Modern Kirby anything (There were no characters OR stages) worries me a little, it almost feels like something I'd expect to see lol.

DaybreakHorizon

Simple and Clean
Premium
NNID
tehponycorn
3DS FC
4253-3486-4603
Found more text leaks from my second source (I alternate between 4chan and a 4chan archive, Fireden, to ensure I don't miss anything).
https://boards.fireden.net/v/thread/422303359/#422303359
highly advise you proceed with CAUTION.. Source is from Nintendo as I work there.
There will be 5 newcomers and 3 more echo fighters. Smash Tour, Smash Run, and The Subspace Emissary will not be returning in favor of a new mode called “Smash World”, it is essentially the Adventure mode from Melee but renamed and with a lot more stages for different Nintendo properties (Ex. Saltspray Rig, Yoshi’s Island, and more). There won’t be many more stages, but these WILL be returning.
Rainbow Cruise
Pokefloats
Flat Zone 1
The Super Mario Bros. stages from 64 and Melee
Hyrule Castle 64

The following stages will be NEW stages. Sadly, there aren’t that many to be added.

Super Mario Bros. 3 stage similar to 64 and Melee’s

Underworld (Retro stage of Kid Icarus similar to Mario Bros.)

Archanea

The Forest Navel

And lastly,
Kingdom of Uraya

And now, the fighters..
The five newcomers are as follows
Simon Belmont
Doom Guy
King K. Rool
Mike Jones
Viridi

The echo fighters are as follows..
Ninten (Echo of Ness)
Louie (Echo of Olimar)
Glass Joe (Echo of Little Mac)

All this info will be announced throughout the year.
https://boards.fireden.net/v/thread/422291107/#422291107
- As you know, every characters in Smash History is joining the roster. So far, there is 65 characters ( really 68 characters ) in Smash.
- Here are all the newcomers coming to Smash
- Chrom from Fire Emblem Awakening, Rex from Xenoblade Chronicles 2, Springman from ARMS, Geno from Super Mario RPG, and Rayman from Rayman.
- Echo fighters will be
- Dark Samus from Metroid, Dixie Kong from Donkey Kong, and Shadow from Sonic Adventure 2
- In all there will be 70 characters ( really 73 characters ) in Smash. There will be 8 characters announced before the release of Smash. DLC will happen in the future, such as PRE-DLC.
- Story mode will be returning and will not be only single player, it will be multi player.
- Stages
- Spring stadium, Dr. Mario stage, Go Vacation stage, Zelda wind waker final boss stage, Kirby star allies stage, Pokken Tournament stage, new Earthbound stage, Xenoblade Chronicles 2 stage, and R.O.B. the robot stage.
- Late November, there will be a Smash Direct.
https://boards.fireden.net/v/thread/422275947/#422275947
Every Character ever is returning.

Image mock-up attached.

--Newcomers: Ridley, Inkling, King K Rool, Ashley, Paper Mario, Karate Joe, Simon Belmont. Impa, Daisy, and Alph are clones. Yes, I know Alph has been "confirmed" as a costume. Its a lie, apparently.

--Returning Unconfirmed Stages: Rainbow Cruise, Delfino Plaza, Paper Mario, Big Battlefield

--New Stages: New Donk City, Diamond City, Gangplank Galleon, Airboarder, Melemele Island, Brain Age, Robotic Operating Buddy, Dracula's Castle, Biosphere, Temple of Mila. Yes, one of the stages you fight on top of a gigantic R.O.B. It's weird, I know.

--Stadium Mode: Multi-Man Smashes, Home Run Contest, Target Smahes - grouped by seres, some sort of bowling mini-game where you crash foes into bowling pins.

--Single Player Misc: Classic, Events, Master Orders, a story mode - not like SSE - more segregated - cool cutscenes tho.
https://boards.fireden.net/v/thread/422257246/#422257246
King K. Rool
Funky Kong (Echo)
Geno
Dillon (Similar to Sonic but not echo)
Ridley
Daisy (Echo)
Inkling
Travis Touchdown
Saki Amamiya

These are your smash guys, hope you enjoy them

Also, here's a funny fake trailer leak I thought you guys might enjoy:
https://boards.fireden.net/v/thread/422229242/#422229242
>switch logo intro plays
>cut to black
>a red "recording" symbol appears in the corner
>some inaudible mumbling occurs in the background
>you can sort of make out a gravelly cartoon voice say "Oh, right, yeah."
>the screen brightens as someone removes a lense cap from the camera we're watching through, a smash logo appearing on the inside of the cap as it is pulled away offscreen
>it's a live-action shot of Sakurai tied to a chair and gagged in a dark room, lit by a bare bulb hanging from the ceiling.
>Some more grunting, then CG Wario (in classic outfit) wanders in and removes the gag from Sakurai's mouth, then slaps him on the back of the head before walking away.
>Sakurai starts speaking in Japanese. Voice stilted, as though reading from a script.
>Subtitled in English. Seems either poorly translated or intentionally poprly written. Don't speak Japanese so I can't tell which.
>"Recently I have made a big mistake. One which I now regret. I wish that I had never done it."
>Camera pans to a CRT tv on a metal cart.
>B-roll starts playing of the E3 Smash reveal direct.
>Someone fast forwards the footage until Sakurai is talking about KOing assist trophies, then pauses with Waluigi on the screen.
>Pans back over to Sakurai, who starts talking again.
>"Of course, I will not make this mistake again. Everyone's favorite character, Luigi, will appear as a playable character in Super Smash Brothers Ultimate."
>Offscreen, we hear the voice again, "No, no, no no, NO!"
>Waluigi steps into view
>As he does, a challenger splash screen appears, with the text "WALUIGI finally joins the fight!"
>Waluigi smacks Sakurai with a tennis racket.
>The camera quickly pans back to the CRT, which is now static. Picture comes back, playing footage of Waluigi's moveset.
>As the footage plays, the sounds of cartoon violence and Sakurai grunting in pain continue to play.
>Screen turns black, displays copyright info, while Sakurai still moans in pain.

Proceeds to get flooded by leaks
I report them as they churn them out. Please don't shoot the messenger.

I like not being shot.

Last edited:

Enchess

Smash Lord
Are the Trophies the pins? Because that'd be hilarious. :laugh:
Wooooah! What if the bowling mode replaces the coin launcher and trophy capsule machine somehow?

(We've had a lot of good ideas in our back and forths haha)

RileyXY1

Smash Hero
I don't see Mother coming back in a rebooted Smash and I think that's what we're getting next and I think Sakurai knows this and is sending Mother out with a bang.
I don't think that Ness will ever be removed from Smash, even if it gets rebooted. He's a staple of the franchise at this point.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Actually, I wonder what the new characters' Boxing Ring titles are?

Snakes' should be "The Best at Hide and Seek".
“The Waiter” or “Kept Ya Waiting” also works

Bradli Wartooth

Smash Lord
NNID
Aearlir
I just literally noticed this with Pikachu's Render in Ultimate

It's his Gen 3 sprite.
Sceptile confirmed

I'd be displeased if Sceptile got in bc I know it would be solely because the "We need a grass type!!!!1" push during the Smash 4 ballot. Sceptile is cool and all but now we have as much grass type as we do fire type, and Sceptile would probably not have gotten all that attention if Pokemon Trainer was in Smash 4.

Jedisupersonic

Eight Leaves One Kame Style
NNID
Jedisupersonic
3DS FC
4871-3983-7566
Sceptile confirmed

I'd be displeased if Sceptile got in bc I know it would be solely because the "We need a grass type!!!!1" push during the Smash 4 ballot. Sceptile is cool and all but now we have as much grass type as we do fire type, and Sceptile would probably not have gotten all that attention if Pokemon Trainer was in Smash 4.
Leaf Blade would be cool to see in Smash Bros not gonna lie.

Enchess

Smash Lord
Actually, I wonder what the new characters' Boxing Ring titles are?

Snakes' should be "The Best at Hide and Seek".
They should go with "Sneak King". That way we sneak one more classic game into the crossover. (And a great pun)

Zerp

Formerly "ZeroSoul"
Administrator
Writing Team
Out of curiosity, what has been the most interesting leak so far. Not the most convincing, just the most interesting. For me, it has to be the Springman/Decidueye leak.
I liked this one I found yesterday a lot and I don't think anyone's shared it yet.
best worst leak.png

Main reason I like it is because it obviously implies Dark Matter would get in but the "hints" have a bunch of weird and absurd things (Sliced Apple? House? Cards?), it kind of makes it fun to think about what those could mean even though it's obviously fake.
Gen 3 Pokémon confirmed. Will we finally get Pra_Mai? View attachment 150603View attachment 150604
Inb4 "Everyone is here" extends to the planned characters as well.

Icedragonadam

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5227-6397-6112
Holy, what is with these flood of leaks? And of course it contains all the "safe" characters people are predicting.

Imadethistoseealeak

Smash Champion
I liked this one I found yesterday a lot and I don't think anyone's shared it yet.
View attachment 150602
Main reason I like it is because it obviously implies Dark Matter would get in but the "hints" have a bunch of weird and absurd things (Sliced Apple? House? Cards?), it kind of makes it fun to think about what those could mean even though it's obviously fake.

Inb4 "Everyone is here" extends to the planned characters as well.
Sliced Apple - Victini
House - Isabelle
Cards - Hanafunda
Yea overall bad hints and wtf Victini idk but that's the only Nintendo character that comes to mind (if you don't know Victini is based off a tradition of cutting apples to looking like bunnies).

...Im gunna make a fan roster based on all those characters who didn't make it. Would be an awesome roster honestly.

Pakky

Smash Hero
I think Decidueye must be in Smash, c’mon Smash needs a 7th generation rep
Well there are other choices like Mimikyu or Incenaroar.

Holy, what is with these flood of leaks? And of course it contains all the "safe" characters people are predicting.
I need something like Urban Champion's Star man or the E shop bag to get my blood pumping.

Or Earthworm Jim...

Last edited:

Cosmic77

Smash Hero
Switch FC
2166-0541-5238
I think Decidueye must be in Smash, c’mon Smash needs a 7th generation rep
I think we'll probably get a Gen 7 rep, but I'm not sure if Decidueye will take that honor. Feels like Decidueye, Incineroar, Lycanroc, and Mimikyu are all stuck in a cage match fighting each other to get chosen for Smash.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
I think we'll probably get a Gen 7 rep, but I'm not sure if Decidueye will take that honor. Feels like Decidueye, Incineroar, Lycanroc, and Mimikyu are all stuck in a cage match fighting each other to get chosen for Smash.
Alolan Meowth could count as a Gen 7 rep. :awesome:

Jedisupersonic

Eight Leaves One Kame Style
NNID
Jedisupersonic
3DS FC
4871-3983-7566
Well there are other choices like Mimikyu or Incenaroar.

I need something like Urban Champion's Star man or the E shop bag to get my blood pumping.

Or Earthworm Jim...
Sakurai taking the picture with Sand Bag was obviously a subtle hint to SANDBAG JOINS THE FRAY.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
This probably doesn't mean anything for Smash Ultimate, but if anyone is wondering about my lack of activity here, I've been in the middle of modifying another fighter's moveset in Smash Wii U.

At the moment, I've been working on Ike, where for some reason, a good portion of his attacks lack the knockback strength to compensate for their start-up lag; for an example, Ike's clean f-smash KOs later than Bowser's f-smash, with the latter striking sooner. It's still in development, however.

D

Deleted member

The lackluster Sonic, Pac-Man and Cloud alts are likely restrictions placed upon the Smash team by their respective parent companies, they want them to look as closely as possible to their most iconic selves as possible. Meanwhile Capcom lets Sakurai and co. straight up murder Mega Man in a trailer, so kudos to them.
It does help that Mega Man has actual palettes to work with (he changes his color depending on the Robot Master weapon)

Also Mega Man appearing in Trailers is nothing new, he appeared in a lot of Smash 4 promotional material alongside the Nintendo Veterans, such as Robin's poster, Bowser Jr's Trailer and that one Smash 3DS commerical with AKB48's Miis. He appeared in far more promotinal material of Smash 4 than Sonic and/or Pac-Man (maybe even more than those 2 combined)

It seems Smash is taking advantage of the "Mega Man is basically a Nintendo Character" thing. Which hopefully means he will appear in Simon Belmont's trailer alongside Pit.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom