• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

ToddCam

Smash Journeyman
Of the LOZ Champion races, I'd choose:

Goron: Darunia, Sage of Fire; he loves to dance; give him a hammer, fire/earth powers, rolling, and lend him Daruk's Protection (you could make Daruk an alt)

Zora: Sidon. Very cool. The most attractive fish I've ever seen (which is not saying much); lend him the trident and maybe elemental water powers a la Hyrule Warriors Ruto; I find Mipha incredibly boring, definitely my least favorite Champion, and I don't know how you could adapt her Grace without it being completely broken

Gerudo: Urbosa. Even cooler. Love the snappy personality; she has a scimitar, which could have a unique fighting style, and of course her Fury; I can't think of anything you could take from Nabooru other than being a Darknut

Rito: Medli; even though I prefer the BotW design for the Rito (the mouth under the beak "nose" always looked so stupid to me), Medli is a far more interesting character, and her clumsiness works better with Smash's lack of true flight; music as a fighting move is still pretty uncommon; borrow Revali's Gale

splat

Smash Lord
Says you. And even if he is "grade D" we're talking about a dash/echo fighter which would presumably take significantly less time and effort developing.
Yes, and while we’re at it we may as well add. Chunky and that one dude from the animates series that looks like DK. Why should we want characters just because they take up less time and effort, if they are hardly interesting?

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
I'd like Aerith too but I'd just feel bad for KOing her.
"Introducing our new assist trophy, Aerith! She'll heal whoever summons her but beware, characters that have a downwards bladed aerial attack like the Links will instantly KO her!"

CJ Falcon

Smash Lord
Yes, and while we’re at it we may as well add. Chunky and that one dude from the animates series that looks like DK. Why should we want characters just because they take up less time and effort, if they are hardly interesting?
Chunky isn't shaped like DK and he was only in one game, and that comment about the TV show character is an unfunny joke. Funky is one of the most recurring DK characters. He was even in a Mario Kart game. You can't tell me he doesn't have popularity and you can't tell me that a character that was at one point a weapons dealer wouldn't be interesting.

EDIT: oh wait, but I guess if he's a dash fighter, that last point wouldn't matter

EDIT 2: but then again, that not mattering shouldn't matter anyway

Last edited:

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
"Introducing our new assist trophy, Aerith! She'll heal whoever summons her but beware, characters that have a downwards bladed aerial attack like the Links will instantly KO her!"
You know Cloud has one too, right?

BlondeLombax

Smash Master
This would probably be a good way for Tifa to get some spotlight. She seems to be the most notable partner in the game. Or maybe they'll do Sephiroth for memes. Make him stab you from the back or something.
I'd like Aerith too but I'd just feel bad for KOing her.
Ah, crud, you just reminded me of this act of evil by Max.

Last edited:

Jedisupersonic

Eight Leaves One Kame Style
NNID
Jedisupersonic
3DS FC
4871-3983-7566
You know Cloud has one too, right?
"You are just a puppet... You have no heart... and cannot feel any pain... How can there be any meaning in the memory of such a being? What I have shown you is reality. What you remember, that is the illusion."

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
Tough crowd... Haha.

I know next to nothing about Miku other than what she looks like. What would she even do if she was in the game? I'm quite curious.
In short.
Whatever she wants.
She's as customizable as a barbie doll.

However, she'd most likely have a moveset based on her totally kawaii sugoi pop idol singing-desu!

ugh. Of all things, why did idol culture have to take root in Japan?

Lady Byakugan

Smash Ace
I had a FE7 randomizer give me a Cleric Hector that looked like her once, was funny but, very much

No.
What about no.
Why not? She's super popular all over the world.

Tough crowd... Haha.

I know next to nothing about Miku other than what she looks like. What would she even do if she was in the game? I'm quite curious.
Basically what Idon said, she'd fighting using references to her songs, costumes, and the whole idol culture in japan.

CJ Falcon

Smash Lord
Hatsune Miku originally had nothing to do with video games. If they're not putting in Goku they're sure as hell not putting in that nonsense.

Radical Bones

Soul King
Switch FC
SW-3027-1027-5433
I literally had no idea what Hatsune Miku was and just assumed she was in an obscure game. What the hell is this virtual idol business? I feel so old all of a sudden.

Capybara Gaming

Just Vibing
Alright, here's a new game: Name 3 songs that you want to have in SSBU, regardless of how likely or unlikely they are to get in. 3 songs that you want to Smash to so badly, you'd let Link near your prized pottery collection for at least 30 seconds, just to ensure that they get into the game. They all must be from different franchises. Songs from all franchises owned by Nintendo and their 2nd parties, Sega, Konami, Capcom, Bandai Namco, and Square Enix are all fair game, but no music from games not developed/published by any of these companies.
I couldn't pick just 3, so I went with four. Hope you don't mind!

1. Ribbon Ring (ARMS)

I don't know why, but this has got to be my favorite theme from ARMS. I don't know how I feel about all/most of the stages incorporating the ARMS main theme, but Ribbon Girl's pop-inspired swan song of the main theme just melts me like butter. It just feels pumped-up and full of energy, the way a Smash battle should feel. If we get an ARMS fighter in the game (likely as DLC) all I can say is I hope this theme is available on their home stage. If nothing else, get it in on Boxing Ring; it would fit pretty well there.

2. Chun-Li Stage (Street Fighter II)

By far one of the most iconic themes in fighting game history, Chun-Li's theme is a beloved classic theme which really plays up the feeling of her Chinese heritage with oriental-inspired beats and a very bouncy yet instensive sort of feel. I'm a longtime Chun-Li main in Street Fighter, and not getting the theme of what's basically the second most important character in the franchise on Suzaku Castle in Smash 4 was a real shame. Here's hoping it shows up this time!

3. Spicy Calamari Inkantation (Splatoon 2)

Okay so this is technically a remix, but it's a remix I absolutely cannot get enough of. I loved the original song back in Splatoon, and I love this remix even more. It accentuates the Squid Sisters' (AKA Best Squids) vocals and pumps them out to a fast-paced electronica beat. I don't know why, but the part of 1:49-2:12 always gets me really pumped. They really drop the beat there and it just feels soooo good.

4. Geki! Teikoku Kagekidan/Declaration! Imperial Floral Assault Group (Sakura Taisen 4)

Before you ask, Sakura Taisen/Sakura Wars is a SEGA property. Thanks to the Project x Zone franchise, I fell in love with this series and especially the main themes of each game. This particular version of the series' most iconic themes actually incorporates the main themes of both the first and third titles - Declaration! Imperial Floral Assault Group from the original Sakura Taisen (what may be my favorite song in all of gaming) and Beneath the Flag from Sakura Taisen 3: Paris wa Moeteiru ka (Sakura Wars 3: Is Paris Burning?). These two themes are beloved by the series' fans, and though I wish it also included the main theme of Sakura Wars 5, that game has not been released yet. Still an awesome track - mmmm, so nice.

Thanks for everyone who replied to my post about about 12 newcomers.

Here’s a challenge for you all,
Since the OG12 seems to hold such an importance this time around. Let’s do a 12 Newcomers list. They can be predicted, wanted, or both. Rules are 8 original/unique characters (2 of which have already been revealed in Inkling and Ridley, so you only need 6 more.) 2 semi-clones, and 2 Echoes (1 of which is Daisy, so you really only need 1 more.)

And....GO!
Unique
1. Inkling (Confirmed) from Splatoon
2. Ridley (Confirmed) from Metroid
3. King K. Rool from Donkey Kong Country
4. Isaac from Golden Sun
5. Decidueye from Pokémon Sun/Moon
6. Sora from Kingdom Hearts
7. Sakura Shinguji from Sakura Wars/Sakura Taisen
8. Rayman from Rayman

Semi-Clones
1. Impa from The Legend of Zelda (As a Semi-Clone of Sheik but with some of Sheik's old moves)
2. Spring Man from ARMS (As a semi-clone of Little Mac but with Corrin's Forward Smash range all the time)

Echo Fighters
1. Daisy (Confirmed) from Super Mario
2. Octoling from Splatoon

Last edited:

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Knowing Hatsune Miku was property of Sega was like finding out Cooking Mama was owned by Square. It still doesn't make much sense.

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
I literally had no idea what Hatsune Miku was and just assumed she was in an obscure game. What the hell is this virtual idol business? I feel so old all of a sudden.
Imagine if the voice of Nyan Cat was a cute anime girl dressed in cute clothes.

It's ridiculously popular.

MBRedboy31

Smash Lord
To be technical, at her base, she (along with her fellow Vocaloids) is an electronic voice (kinda like Siri or Cortana) that’s geared specifically for singing. They just also made up idol characters to go with the voices.

Jetsurge

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-2536-8732-7990
Tifa could probably chain her limits together (which she does in FF7 proper), be our new Little Mac AT

Although my huge bias for Aerith/Aeris makes me want her to show up in some fashion haha.
If they make an FF assist trophy it'll probably be Terra or Black Mage.

DaybreakHorizon

The guy who predicted Sora as Fighter 11
NNID
tehponycorn
3DS FC
4253-3486-4603
I love your support for and confidence in Ashley, but I still have no idea what the heck you mean by "the spirits".
I got my aunt, who's an experienced astrologist (certified shaman, has taken classes from experts and gurus, the real deal) to predict who would be in Smash Bros., and Ashley was a big yes from them.

They also said Chrom, K. Rool, Dixie, Geno, Elma, and Lip would be in the game too. As what? I don't know. But they'll be in the game.

Ashley was a big yes so I'm assuming she's playable.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom