• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
I'm not completely convinced Bayonetta 'won' the ballot either. Though I don't think K. Rool or Ridley would have been close either. It's up in the air until at least next Smash, or you know forever if they don't ever release actual results.
Well objectively winning the ballot is getting included due to the ballot. That was its purpose. It wasn't to crown a 'most popular character'. If we had got more than one character included because of it (which we still might), there would be more than one winner. If we had got three characters, there would be three "winners". And that's obviously not how a typical election works, because the ballot wasn't a typical election. It wasn't most votes = victory. Asking which character got the most votes is a separate, valid, but currently unknowable question.

RazielHarryRabbit

Smash Rookie
Would Girihiam ever be in Smash Bros? It would be amazing to see him in Smash Bros I bet there would be a lot more fans of Smash bros for Girihiam.

D

Deleted member

I'm not completely convinced Bayonetta 'won' the ballot either. Though I don't think K. Rool or Ridley would have been close either. It's up in the air until at least next Smash, or you know forever if they don't ever release actual results.
The ballot was never an election, it was merely character suggestions. Idk where people got the idea that the highest voted character would inevitably get in as to this day I still see butthurt about that on /v/, when this was never specified, and that would lead to an absolute disaster like 4chan voting in Adolf Hitler for number 1 like they've done for just about every online poll ever. Sakurai always had the final say in who he got to add, the ballot was only there for him to see who some of the most popular and requested characters were.

Plus, getting the number 1 spot means absolutely nothing when you could stuff votes for your favorite pick by resetting your IP on before casting a new vote... like just about everyone did.

The only real benefit to it was that by getting within the top 10, it'd mean that Sakurai and Nintendo would take serious notice of certain characters they might not have otherwise.

So it doesn't matter how popular Ridley or K.Rool were in our polls, for one, they hardly reflected the final results Nintendo got (given Bayo was a product of the ballot, and she hardly placed in the polls), but also, it's pretty evident that the ballot was:

Whichever character within... the top 20 that Sakurai liked and thought would be interesting, gets in. You were only ever submitting suggestions, it wasn't an election, lol.

Bowserlick

Smash Hero
Decidueye Moveset

The grass/ghost type owl has the archer ability. This is a mechanic where all his aerial (A) attacks can be charged. All of them are projectiles expect for one.

The pokemon relies on a volley of projectiles and its multiple jumps to land and evade attacks. Place a target on them, soften them up, shackle them down, and smash them away.

Decidueye is not a fast runner, but has a quick walk, good airspeed, and long-range attacks. Knock-outs are made easier when your opponent is chained to the floor.

AERIALS

Archer Ability: All aerials can be charged.

Down Aerial (Solar Beam): Fires a beam of light formed as an arrow directly downwards. A long-range attack that does decent damage at the cost of almost no knockback. However, the beam of light causes a ring of splash damage if it collides with the ground, which does result in sending opponents flying.

The charged shot does more damage and has minor horizontal knock-back from the beam and better horizontal knock-back explosion upon the ground. Used correctly, this is a kill opportunity.

Back Aerial (Astonish): The owl turns his head over a shoulder and retches up lunch in a downward arching spew of bones and skulls. Of course, the longer the attack is charged, the more bones find their way out of Decidueye’s stomach. This unconventional attack hits multiple times and has a slight meteor effect.

Forward Aerial (Razor Leaf): Fires a sharp leaf arrow at a downward diagonal. Decidueye pulls back on his winged bow as the move is charged which results in a stronger shot.

Up Aerial (Spore):
Shoots a seed directly above. The seed goes a short distance before shedding its shell and becoming a harmless white puff. But if the seed makes contact with an enemy there is an explosion of spores, which has high vertical knockback (a reference to Ivysaur’s Up Air and Up Smash from Brawk). This is a kill move.

Neutral Air (Feather Dance): This is Decidueye’s only non-projectile aerial. He holds out his bladed wings to the side and completes a spin. Holding the attack before release results in more spins and the ability to slightly control horizontal movement during the attack.

SMASHES

Down Smash (U-turn): The owl flies in a tight pivoting circle inches above the ground where he was standing. The move is quick and great at pushing enemies back for some breathing room.

Forward Smash (Aeroblast): The pokemon flaps his wings forward in order to generate a slash of air. The wing slap can push an enemy into the projectile. While the attack has lag, the movement of the attack sends the archer backwards.

Up Smash (Acrobatics):
The owl flips upside down and pushes its wings along the floor as a brace. He flaps the flattened wings and launches himself talons first toward the sky as he spins.

SPECIALS

B Special (Leafage): Fires a glowing green orb that spirals. Decidueye can hold B for a charge. The length of the charge results in more spiraling green orbs that fan out. The orbs only amount in minor hit-stun if more than of them connect with a target.

Down Special (Curse): The owl takes on a wavering ethereal form. If struck with an attack, Decidueye negates the damage and places a ghostly purple bulls-eye on the target. The bulls-eye fades, leaving a purple glow on the opponent. Projectiles do more damage and shield damage in this state.

The length of the curse is tied to the damage dealt to and negated by the owl.

Side Special (Spirit Shackle): Fires a purple ghostly arrow. The shot can be charged and angled. Upon contact purple chains lash out of the opponent in a restricted circle.

Depending the opponent’s damage and their curse status and the charge of the arrow, the radius can increase in size and the chains can strengthen.

On a grounded opponent, the arrow’s chains will shackle the enemy to the ground OR if near another enemy the chains will shackle both individuals to each other.

On an aerial opponent if the radius of chains touched the ground, the chains will latch to the ground and snap the enemy to the floor. If the chains contact another enemy, however, both opponents will be shackled together and fall.

Up B (Brave Bird): The owl launches straight up and performs a dive bomb. The attack can be angled as long as the angle is lower than the position of Decidueye.

While this attack can do damage and knockback to the enemy, a technique can be used for greater knockback. If B is pressed, the owl will unfurl its wings and stop, creating a sonic boom sphere around its body. The longer the dive before the cancel, the bigger the sonic boom.

TILTS

A (Peck): A quick peck attack with hit-stun, but poor range.

Tilt A (Rolling Kick): Jumps in the air performing a windmill slice with a wing immediately followed by a talon-tipped roundhouse.

Down Tilt (Cut): While crouching the owl folds his wings across his chest. A press of (A) will have him unfold his sharp wings in a horizontal slice.

Up Tilt (Fury Attack): Falls flat on his back and rapidly kicks upwards. Holding A will continue the kicks.

Running A (Triple Kick): Leaps with talons first, deliver three rapid forward kicks to rack up damage on a foe.

GRABS

Leaps off the ground and grabs with talons.
A: Delivers a hard peck on the skull.

Forward Throw: A ghostly purple bow appears and the enemy is notched into the phantom device. Decidueye leaps off his enemy and pantomimes shooting an arrow resulting in the spectral bow shooting the opponent forward.

Back Throw: Pivots in place with wings flapping and the opponent swinging around by the tightly gripping talons. Swings around twice before chucking the enemy.

Up Throw: Flies around in two loops while clutching the opponent. During the height of the second loop, the owl chucks his enemy upwards.

Down Throw: Pushes the opponent on the ground into a tripped position as the owl does a small hop into the air. The throw ends with Decidueye airborn.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Diddy you threw a tantrum when Diddy Kong lost Hoo Haa.

You don't have much room to talk.
It was the first time ever when a character in Smash got nerfed because of all the complaints online.

Also, Diddy's U Air has gone from being one of the best moves in the game in terms of combo potential and damage building to an overall very weak attack. I still think U Air is almost a worthless move, but yeah, Hoo Hah was kind of nuts anyway.

Oh my gosh, you sound just like a Ridley conspiracy theorist.

Holy crap Diddy, you have no self awareness.
I do. And yes am aware of Ridley and K.Rool having both oppressive support bases. At least K.Rool's didn't start a decade ago.

Still do think a lot of conspiracy surrounding these two characters is true, or has a truthful base. In Ridley's case, there's been implications he was considered for a playable character at least once, maybe twice. With K.Rool, we know he was at least thrown a bone with the Mii costume, and thats a nod to popularity but yeah, I do still think it's because K.Rool isn't currently as marketable...

Also, if I had to chose I'd pick K.Rool returning in DKC over a playable Smash role. Dixie would be fine honestly at this point.

Last edited:

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
I believe Cranky would be a better playable DK character after TF but that's just me cause I respect my elders and y'all don't.

AEMehr

Mii Fighter
I still believe being the most "realizable" character is just another way of saying they were the most interesting to add in their opinion.

A character like Bayonetta certainly turns more heads than any potential Nintendo character for example, though that really goes for any third-party.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
I believe Cranky would be a better playable DK character after TF but that's just me cause I respect my elders and y'all don't.
Also wouldn't be dissatisfied with this for obvious reasons

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
It was the first time ever when a character in Smash got nerfed because of all the complaints online.

Also, Diddy's U Air has gone from being one of the best moves in the game in terms of combo potential and damage building to an overall very weak attack. I still think U Air is almost a worthless move, but yeah, Hoo Hah was kind of nuts anyway.
The biggest sense of irony is knowing that the up aerial is usually designed for making vertical KOs. In fact, Bowser's up aerial is one of the strongest up aerials out there, so it can feel rather baffling how Diddy's up aerial got the nerf hammer, and yet Bowser can still get away with KOing fighters with his up aerial as early as 90%+ (maybe even sooner if rage is added onto the equation) with the right circumstances in play.

D

Deleted member

Seriously, with the emphasis that Nintendo had in promoting Cranky Kong in TF (remember that one day he "took over" their Twitter?), had the game been just a little earlier we might have seen him in Smash 4.

NonSpecificGuy

The Extraordinary is in What We Do
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
Honestly anything from Tropical Freeze is welcome to me. That game is such a ****in masterpiece. It deserves more recognition in any way that it possibly can. Yes, even if that means we get Lord Frederick before K. Rool. Maybe.

The Stoopid Unikorn

Spiciest of Guacamoles
Switch FC
SW-4202-4979-0504
Changing subjects because I completely missed this particular discussion.

Thanks to the new ARMS update adding Springtron (the Spring Man clone from the trailer) as an NPC boss, I firmly believe that Spring Man now has more chances than any other ARMS character to be in Smash.

He was already pretty likely thanks to being one of the first characters revealed and showing up in the actual box, but Ribbon Girl also had that.

Now, Spring Man also gets his own Akuma, not to mention Max Brass also copied his gimmick, so yeah, if anyone from ARMS gets in Smash, it's definitely Spring Man now.

D

Deleted member

It deserves more recognition in any way that it possibly can. Yes, even if that means we get Lord Frederick before K. Rool. Maybe.
The fanbase would explode if that happened. Not only would people be upset about him getting in over K. Rool, but also because he'd be the 7th FE character.

:troll:

Last edited by a moderator:

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
The fanbase would explode if that happened. Not only would people be upset about him getting in over K. Rool, but also because he'd be the 7th FE character.

I'm sorry if no one else finds this joke funny
I mean, you joke and all, but I always wanted to see how Smash would handle a mounted character. :p Though I imagine ledge mechanics would make it nearly impossible.

As for Cranky, I'd love to see him in. He could have a Final Smash where he drinks a potion and becomes a giant 8-Bit DK. :p

UserKev

Smash Champion
That's not true.

They aren't ripping each others' arms off and beating each other with them. And the mods aren't breaking down crying in frustration of these animals.

Its a civil ridley discussion.

That good.
.. That's my point. You can talk about Ridley but as far as supporting him in Smash, a waste of essence.

Oooh Smash speculation. Gimme

Off topic, but is the Mimikyu bandwagon still a thing?
.. What? A bandwagon for Mimikyu doesn't exist. Support for the character is just beginning.

Last edited:

Stratos

Smash Ace
This my list of newcomers:

Isaac (Golden Sun series)
Chibi-Robo (Chibi-Robo! series)
Mike Jones (StarTropics series)
Harry (Teleroboxer)
Earthworm Jim (Earthworm Jim series)
Mike Anderson (Battle Clash)
Daitoryo (Hanafuda cards)
Mini Kangaroo (Mini Game Series)
Takamaru (The Mysterious Murasame Castle)
Bomberman (Bomberman series)
Simon Belmont (Castlevania series)
Chrono (Chrono Trigger)
John Raimi (Geist)
Kevin (Karkurenbo Battle Monster Tactics)
Alexandra Roivas (Eternal Darkness: Sanity's Requiem)
Raymond Bryce (Disaster: Day of Crisis)
Rayman (Rayman series)
Liu Kang (Mortal Kombat series)
Muddy Mole (Mole Mania)
Saki Amamiya (Sin and Punishment: Successor of the Earth)
Spring Man (ARMS)
Cross (Xenoblade Chronicles X)
Elma (Xenoblade Chronicles X)
Rex (Xenoblade Chronicles 2)
Black Shadow (F-ZERO series)
Shovel Knight (Shovel Knight)
Goku (Yuyuki)
King K. Rool (Donkey Kong series)
Waluigi (Super Mario series)
Captain Rainbow (Captain Rainbow)
Kyo Kusanagi (The King of Fighters series)
Ryu Hyabusa (Ninja Gaiden series)
Tin Star (Tin Star)
Professor Hershel Layton (Professor Layton series)
Dillon (Dillon's Rolling Western series)
Ray MK III (Custom Robo series)
Medusa (Kid Icarus series)
Meowth (Pokémon series)
Henry Fleming (Code Name: S.T.E.A.M.)
Inkling (Splatoon series)
Ivan (Devil's Third)
Andy (Advance Wars series)
Protagonist (Glory of Heracles)
Heracles (Glory of Heracles)
Protagonist (Famicom Detective Club series)
Ayumi Tachibana (Famicom Detective Club series)
Tempo (HarmoKnight)
Jin Kazama (Tekken series)
Steve (Minecraft series)
Queen Azarel (Warlocked)
Chief Zog (Warlocked)
Sukapon (Joy Mech Fight)
Mach Rider (Mach Rider)
Aisya (ASH: Archaic Sealed Heat)

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I mean, you joke and all, but I always wanted to see how Smash would handle a mounted character. :p Though I imagine ledge mechanics would make it nearly impossible.
It would be interesting for sure. Not saying I want it to happen, but it would be nice.
Frederick would make for a decent Assist Trophy though. He'll pick up the pebbles so that no one will trip. :colorful:

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Honestly anything from Tropical Freeze is welcome to me. That game is such a ****in masterpiece. It deserves more recognition in any way that it possibly can. Yes, even if that means we get Lord Frederick before K. Rool. Maybe.
Ironically, Smash Wii U never recognized Lord Fredrik at all; he was only mentioned on the Snowmad Ship trophy's description. And considering that we know very little about Fredrik's backstory, I more see him being an Assist Trophy, if anything.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

It would be cool though.
I don't disagree (I never played Skyward Sword so I don't have an opinion), but that's not the main point of this thread.
Actually, that makes me wonder... Did someone make a new thread for fan rosters, regardless of speculations?
Because the old one is pretty much dead.
Edit: Just found out there is one.

RazielHarryRabbit

Smash Rookie
I don't disagree (I never played Skyward Sword so I don't have an opinion), but that's not the main point of this thread.
Actually, that makes me wonder... Did someone make a new thread for fan rosters, regardless of speculations?
Because the old one is pretty much dead.
Edit: Just found out there is one.
Idk. You lost me sir.

D

Deleted member

Idk. You lost me sir.
Whoops.
Okay, I'll be a bit more clear.
This thread is for speculation. We're trying to predict what's likely and what isn't likely, not what we'd like to have.
This thread is for discussing ideal rosters (As well as what characters you'd like to have in the game).
I hope that helps.

D

Deleted member

This my list of newcomers:

Isaac (Golden Sun series)
Chibi-Robo (Chibi-Robo! series)
Mike Jones (StarTropics series)
Harry (Teleroboxer)
Earthworm Jim (Earthworm Jim series)
Mike Anderson (Battle Clash)
Daitoryo (Hanafuda cards)
Mini Kangaroo (Mini Game Series)
Takamaru (The Mysterious Murasame Castle)
Bomberman (Bomberman series)
Simon Belmont (Castlevania series)
Chrono (Chrono Trigger)
John Raimi (Geist)
Kevin (Karkurenbo Battle Monster Tactics)
Alexandra Roivas (Eternal Darkness: Sanity's Requiem)
Raymond Bryce (Disaster: Day of Crisis)
Rayman (Rayman series)
Liu Kang (Mortal Kombat series)
Muddy Mole (Mole Mania)
Saki Amamiya (Sin and Punishment: Successor of the Earth)
Spring Man (ARMS)
Cross (Xenoblade Chronicles X)
Elma (Xenoblade Chronicles X)
Rex (Xenoblade Chronicles 2)
Black Shadow (F-ZERO series)
Shovel Knight (Shovel Knight)
Goku (Yuyuki)
King K. Rool (Donkey Kong series)
Waluigi (Super Mario series)
Captain Rainbow (Captain Rainbow)
Kyo Kusanagi (The King of Fighters series)
Ryu Hyabusa (Ninja Gaiden series)
Tin Star (Tin Star)
Professor Hershel Layton (Professor Layton series)
Dillon (Dillon's Rolling Western series)
Ray MK III (Custom Robo series)
Medusa (Kid Icarus series)
Meowth (Pokémon series)
Henry Fleming (Code Name: S.T.E.A.M.)
Inkling (Splatoon series)
Ivan (Devil's Third)
Andy (Advance Wars series)
Protagonist (Glory of Heracles)
Heracles (Glory of Heracles)
Protagonist (Famicom Detective Club series)
Ayumi Tachibana (Famicom Detective Club series)
Tempo (HarmoKnight)
Jin Kazama (Tekken series)
Steve (Minecraft series)
Queen Azarel (Warlocked)
Chief Zog (Warlocked)
Sukapon (Joy Mech Fight)
Mach Rider (Mach Rider)
Aisya (ASH: Archaic Sealed Heat)
Bill_Wilson-0.jpg

That's a big list.

I'm sorry if no one else finds this joke funny
Edit: Well, plenty of people did. I finally made a joke without embarassing myself in public!
I'm of the opinion that if we ever get another FE character, it'd likely be Lyn, given her sudden surge in popularity.

Granted, I also don't think we'll be seeing any more FE additions to the Smash roster any time soon.

D

Deleted member

I'm of the opinion that if we ever get another FE character, it'd likely be Lyn, given her sudden surge in popularity.

Granted, I also don't think we'll be seeing any more FE additions to the Smash roster any time soon.
I didn't say Frederick was a likely addition for Smash.
It was a joke. A pun.
Humor.

And I won't discuss who is the most likely FE character for Smash because I have little knowledge of the franchise despite playing 2 games (Close to finishing my 3rd) and it will just make my head hurt.

D

Deleted member

I didn't say Frederick was a likely addition for Smash.
It was a joke. A pun.
Humor.

And I won't discuss who is the most likely FE character for Smash because I have little knowledge of the franchise despite playing 2 games (Close to finishing my 3rd) and it will just make my head hurt.
Yeah, I know. But I wanted to open that topic of discussion.

KniteBlargh

Smash Journeyman
Not to debate over words here or anything, but just seeking some clarification. Hasn't Lyn been really popular for ages now? I haven't played many FE games, so I'm not all that in touch with the community, but I thought it was more like her popularity just saw more of a revitalization recently, but has been pretty high overall for some time. Am I wrong?

Whatever the case, she has the benefits of currently being an assist trophy, and also being relevant due to Fire Emblem Warriors (not sure if she's appeared in any of the more recent FE game DLC). Not sure if that would outweigh an addition from the upcoming Fire Emblem Switch game or not, though...

D

Deleted member

Not to debate over words here or anything, but just seeking some clarification. Hasn't Lyn been really popular for ages now? I haven't played many FE games, so I'm not all that in touch with the community, but I thought it was more like her popularity just saw more of a revitalization recently, but has been pretty high overall for some time. Am I wrong?

Whatever the case, she has the benefits of currently being an assist trophy, and also being relevant due to Fire Emblem Warriors (not sure if she's appeared in any of the more recent FE game DLC). Not sure if that would outweigh an addition from the upcoming Fire Emblem Switch game or not, though...
She's always been popular, we just never knew exactly by how much. Back in the day we used to argue on whether she was more popular than Roy or not. The general consensus was that she was really popular in the west, but largely irrelevant in Japan, and that she definitely ranked well below the likes of Marth and Ike, and that she'd fall further below any new lords coming into the franchise. Then Lucina showed up, and Awakening became one of the most popular games in the franchise.

But then, after that poll, it turns she's THE most popular female character in the entire franchise, and up in the top 2 most popular characters overall. At least as far as I heard, I never followed the poll. But iirc, didn't she beat Lucina for first place by like a lot? Also, I remember her ranking higher than Ike and Roy, like a lot higher, so that was surprising too. I can't remember the results, but I remember that Marth didn't do that well. I think Ike got first place for the male characters, but Lyn had a higher vote count?

I'm sure someone could source me on this, but I remember being very surprised when I heard about it.

EDIT:

Ok, I just looked up the Heroes poll, it goes:

Ike for 1st with 51,000
Lyn for second with 49,000
Lucina for third with 42,000
then Tharja and Roy for 4th and 5th with sub 29,000

So she's the 2nd most popular character in the franchise. Is this west only?

EDIT 2:

Apparently it's worldwide with a sample size of 1.2 million votes. So it's definitive. She's the second most popular character in the franchise, just behind Ike by a very close margin.

Didn't she also get in Warriors before Ike as well? Well, she's gotten more prominence recently too, so that's likely to boost her even more.

I'd say that's quite the accomplishment, and totally different from what any of us ever thought 4-5 years ago. Going by this, she should have been made playeable well before the likes of Roy or Lucina or Robin, and especially Corrin.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble

Lyn's still been popular, she was the 4th most popular female character in the franchise according to the Heroes poll
The biggest sense of irony is knowing that the up aerial is usually designed for making vertical KOs. In fact, Bowser's up aerial is one of the strongest up aerials out there, so it can feel rather baffling how Diddy's up aerial got the nerf hammer, and yet Bowser can still get away with KOing fighters with his up aerial as early as 90%+ (maybe even sooner if rage is added onto the equation) with the right circumstances in play.
Diddy could kill stupidly easy and he's not supposed to do that judging from how none of his other moves were that good as kill/combo moves. Bowser's SUPPOSED to hit hard by design. That's the difference. Plus Bowser can't abuse it as easily due to not being as insanely good of a character with a ****ton of tools

Going by this, she should have been made playeable well before the likes of Roy or Lucina or Robin, and especially Corrin.
Well Lyn didnt even EXIST by melee. For Brawl, we got Ike.

And by Smash For, Lyn had fallen far into with irrelevancy Awakening and Fates had made the franchise sell better than ever, and Corrin was a weird situation as is. Plus, Lucina is almost as popular, had way more relevancy, and only got in as an alt that got upgraded to a clone.

Luminario

Smash Lord
She's always been popular, we just never knew exactly by how much. Back in the day we used to argue on whether she was more popular than Roy or not. The general consensus was that she was really popular in the west, but largely irrelevant in Japan, and that she definitely ranked well below the likes of Marth and Ike, and that she'd fall further below any new lords coming into the franchise. Then Lucina showed up, and Awakening became one of the most popular games in the franchise.

But then, after that poll, it turns she's THE most popular female character in the entire franchise, and up in the top 2 most popular characters overall. At least as far as I heard, I never followed the poll. But iirc, didn't she beat Lucina for first place by like a lot? Also, I remember her ranking higher than Ike and Roy, like a lot higher, so that was surprising too. I can't remember the results, but I remember that Marth didn't do that well. I think Ike got first place for the male characters, but Lyn had a higher vote count?

I'm sure someone could source me on this, but I remember being very surprised when I heard about it.
She ranked higher than any individual character, though Ike's votes were separated by his PoR and RD designs so technically he had more votes overall.
You could vote for characters on the Heroes poll multiple times though, and we've seen in other popularity contests that her rank fluctuates (though she's still up around the top)
I don't think we'll get Lyn as a playable character thanks to her game being super old at this point but not retro (not to mention she'd likely just be a fast sword fighter with maybe a bow special), though she could feasibly get in as a Takamaru clone assuming he's in and the moveset fits well. I think AT is a good fit for her, but then again I don't really care about her so that's likely apathy speaking.

duffmmann

Smash Cadet
Lyn's only getting in the franchise as a playable character if they make a remake of her game by the time a new Smash releases
They recently made a big deal about her inclusion in Fire Emblem Warriors. Maybe, she could make it in Smash, frankly if they add one more Fire Emblem character, at this point I'd guess its her. However, there is a new Fire Emblem game coming to Smash next year, so they'd like include a new main character from that game over the likes of Lyn.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom