• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

CaptainAmerica

Smash Master
NNID
TomOfHyrule
On the topic of victory themes...WHY DOESN'T GANONDORF HAVE A UNIQUE ONE YET!?!?!?

I'd love everyone to be unique, but they'll never do that. Even if each was the same melody fby series with a different style. But seriously, at this point all the villains except the Dorf are unique.

King K. Rool is a shoo-in

For the next Donkey Kong Country game.
That...is most likely true. Considering they're probably already shocked at his popularity, they'll probably think really hard about how to get him in the next one.

Cosmic77

Smash Hero
Switch FC
2166-0541-5238
The reason why in Dark Samus' and Ridley's case, the theme is significant is because instead of something that would only relate to Ridley, such as how Rosalina got something from Galaxy and Dark Pit got a part of his main theme, Ridley's victory theme is a general "dark" reprise of the main Metroid victory theme Samus and Zero Suit Samus use. In that sense, it would make sense for the theme to be used for another villainous Metroid character.
And since there's the whole deal of Dark Samus being mysteriously absent as both an Assist and palette swap for Samus AND the concept of Echo Fighters.....Ridley having a general "dark" reprise of the standard victory theme only adds fuel to the speculation of Dark Samus' debut as a fighter.
Honestly, I think you're reading too much into the whole victory theme thing. Meta Knight uses a remixed theme that Kirby uses, and Bowser and Bowser Jr. use a remixed version of Mario's victory theme.

Ridley not getting his own unique victory theme could literally be as simple as the development team copying what they did with Meta Knight and Bowser.

RandomAce

Smash Champion
The whole point of using the term “4th party” is to make it faster to write than “non video game character.”

It’s not adding anything so far so let’s drop it.

Shyy_Guy595

Smash Champion
If K. Rool gets into the next DK game, then his main issue would be relieved.

I still have my doubts he'll make his big debut in the main games.

Last edited:

Murlough

Euphoria
NNID
Murl0ugh
3DS FC
4828-8253-7746
I wasn't getting hostile until I apparently said it wrong and apparently said something that was so soul crushing that it upset them.

Like what? That upset them? Really?

It consistently happens to me with the stupidest things on this board.

Like that's the thing that bugs me most to be honest.
Welcome to my world. :laugh:

Don't let people on the internet affect you so much. This is Smash speculation. Its glorified thumb twirling. It really isn't a serious thing.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Even without factoring in the victory theme, I think Dark Samus has a decent shot of being an echo fighter regardless.

Troykv

Smash Master
On the topic of victory themes...WHY DOESN'T GANONDORF HAVE A UNIQUE ONE YET!?!?!?

I'd love everyone to be unique, but they'll never do that. Even if each was the same melody fby series with a different style. But seriously, at this point all the villains except the Dorf are unique.
I haven't listen Ridley's victory theme. There is a video with it?

splat

Smash Lord
First Party: A game/character owned by Nintendo.
Second Party: A game/character made by a company that is owned by Nintendo.
Third Party: A game/character that is made by a company that is not owned by Nintendo.
Fourth Party: A non-game character that is made by a company that is not owned by Nintendo.
Twenty-ninth Party: When you’re really starting to feel old as 30 is approaching rapidly.

Robert of Normandy

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
NNID
shinpichu
3DS FC
2251-3915-5139
Switch FC
SW-4957-7233-2307
Anyone else find it kind of weird how chummy Nintendo and Microsoft have gotten? I think that Minecraft stage rumor is fairly plausible. In a weird way, Smash is strangely diplomatic and the third parties Nintendo works with in the development of the games come out on the other side a lot friendlier. I think it's because of how esteemed Smash is as a series and getting invited to be a part of it is kind of like being accepted into the Video Games Hall of Fame.
Microsoft and Nintendo have always been kinda chummy. Sony is a bigger direct rival for MS and MS doesn't have a handheld like Sony does to compete in that arena.

Also remember that a couple MS games got ported to the DS like Viva Pinata. And there were even rumors of a Halo DS game. And a tech demo, I think.

StormC

Smash Hero
Here's a thought.

Judging by the logos...

I say we can effectively deconfirm any character from Final Fantasy that isn't from Final Fantasy VII.

The logo for the game is specifically for Final Fantasy VII meaning other games are not counted.
Wait which logo? Cloud still has the FF insignia on the site.

Murlough

Euphoria
NNID
Murl0ugh
3DS FC
4828-8253-7746
Child I've had this world since 2007. Back off. :laugh:
I'm not a child and people actually like you? What do you have to complain about? That **** your complaining about happens to me on a near daily basis on here but you don't see me throwing a hissy fit about it.

Take your pity partying and your name calling somewhere else, thanks.

As for music, as long as we get Lusamine's theme and the updated Vs. Red/Blue theme I'll be happy.

Pokemon has a ton of good themes from Gen 7 to pull from.

Last edited:

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Wait which logo? Cloud still has the FF insignia on the site.
Not the in-game Smash series symbol, but the actual franchise logo. Like, "Logo for Super Mario Bros.," not Mushroom Icon.

StormC

Smash Hero
"Second party" is not actually a recognized term within the industry. It's mostly used by Nintendo fans because of some of the weird relationships they have with some developers. Developers like HAL and GameFreak are technically independent, while Retro Studios is wholly owned by Nintendo.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Video_game_developer

"Second-party developer is a colloquial term often used by gaming enthusiasts and media to describe game studios who take development contracts from platform holders and produce games exclusive to that platform."

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
See.

That.

That that just happened?

It was a joke.

I even put a laughing smiley.

Still misunderstood.

Thought I could come back and joke and just get back to the discussion after that.

Why do I even bother?

SmashingXan2

Smash Journeyman
So...

It seems we have the return of every third party stage barring Windy Hill Zone and Pac-Maze.
:ultsnake::ultsonic::ultmegaman::ultpacman::ultryu::ultcloud::ultbayonetta:

Do you see Windy Hill Zone and Pac-Maze coming back?

Do you see us getting any new stages from these series?

What assist trophies do you think we will get from these series?

New music?
I think we are getting Pac Maze and Windy Hill Zone back

D

Deleted member

Honestly, I think you're reading too much into the whole victory theme thing. Meta Knight uses a remixed theme that Kirby uses, and Bowser and Bowser Jr. use a remixed version of Mario's victory theme.

Ridley not getting his own unique victory theme could literally be as simple as the development team copying what they did with Meta Knight and Bowser.
That's fine.
Just ignore literally everything else that relates to the theory. Focus only on the whole victory theme part which is only a minor part in an already conspicuous set of coincidences.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
Do you see us getting any new stages from these series?
I would like that but with so many old stages coming back, will we have more new stages besides Great Plateau Tower, Moray Towers, and that Super Mario Odyssey stage?

StormC

Smash Hero
I would like that but with so many old stages coming back, will we have more new stages besides Great Plateau Tower, Moray Towers, and that Super Mario Odyssey stage?
There is 0 chance we have seen the last of the new stages with six months to go.

Murlough

Euphoria
NNID
Murl0ugh
3DS FC
4828-8253-7746
See.

That.

That that just happened?

It was a joke.

I even put a laughing smiley.

Still misunderstood.

Thought I could come back and joke and just get back to the discussion after that.

Why do I even bother?
Yes, Roger no one in the history of the internet has ever been misinterpreted because as we all know communicating nonverbally has never been a challenge ever. Who needs things like tone and a basic understanding of the person they are talking to?

Of course I misunderstood. You called me "child" and told me to "back off." How am I supposed to interpret that? What because theres a laughing face at the end I'm supposed to assume your laughing at what you said? Based on the words you used I thought you were laughing at me as opposed to with me. You have to be cautious about how you word things when people don't know you.

I don't know why I have to explain this. Once again. this happens to me daily. Getting misinterpreted or misunderstood on the internet REALLY, REALLY is not that big a deal. I don't know why your acting like that.

EDIT: and yeah Team Skull them or Guzma's. They are both godlike. I feel like the Recon Squad's theme was lacking a bit though.

Last edited:

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
When someone has been on a board for damn near 11 years and talks pretty much every day during speculation periods.

People should have grown custom to the way they speak.

But maybe that's just me.

Yes it does hurt to be misunderstood.

And then have negative things said to you.

Just because it's the internet that doesn't change the matter.

So it's for the best I just retire from the boards. You guys never seem to understand this despite the fact of how long I've been here and I'm just tired of it.

I can't even come here and have fun and joke without someone telling me I'm throwing a pity party or name calling.

I can't even come here and make serious posts without someone telling me I'm self centered and aggressive.

No, I shouldn't have to change the way I speak to appease you guys. Not when you guys should know that's just me. That's how I talk and it means nothing.

But it always means something to you guys and I always get attacked and never attack back.

So yeah. This might be a pity party to you guys, but I'm just done. Goodbye.

Cosmic77

Smash Hero
Switch FC
2166-0541-5238
Even without factoring in the victory theme, I think Dark Samus has a decent shot of being an echo fighter regardless.
It makes sense, I suppose. I just think there are better options for Echo Fighters, especially since Dark Samus is likely never returning to the Metroid series.

That's fine.
Just ignore literally everything else that relates to the theory. Focus only on the whole victory theme part which is only a minor part in an already conspicuous set of coincidences.
Well, just like the victory theme, I don't think the other things are worth overanalyzing either.

Just like the dozens of others who weren't seen at E3 (Skull Kid, Isabelle, Ashley), Dark Samus could easily get revealed as an AT any day now.
Not all alts were shown at E3. I don't think adding a few additional alts is unthinkable.
A name change doesn't indicate that Sakurai will go out of his way to specifically look for possible clone characters.

Not trying to come across as aggressive or anything. I'd love to see some more Metroid reps, but I feel like people are reading too much into minor details that might not even mean anything in the long run.

DLEAF

Smash Apprentice
There is 0 chance we have seen the last of the new stages with six months to go.
I'm expecting at least one new Pokemon stage.

Very glad I missed yet another riveting conversation about the terms for party ownership.

EDIT: Ehhhhhhhh my message number :smirk:

Last edited:

RandomAce

Smash Champion
Yes, Roger no one in the history of the internet has ever been misinterpreted because as we all know communicating nonverbally has never been a challenge ever. Who needs things like tone and a basic understanding of the person they are talking to?

Of course I misunderstood. You called me "child" and told me to "back off." How am I supposed to interpret that? What because theres a laughing face at the end I'm supposed to assume your laughing at what you said? Based on the words you used I thought you were laughing at me as opposed to with me. You have to be cautious about how you word things when people don't know you.

I don't know why I have to explain this. Once again. this happens to me daily. Getting misinterpreted or misunderstood on the internet REALLY, REALLY is not that big a deal. I don't know why your acting like that.

EDIT: and yeah Team Skull them or Guzma's. They are both godlike. I feel like the Recon Squad's theme was lacking a bit though.
DROP IT!

Yeah, there is going to be some new stages along with new characters in my opinion.

Though I expect an X stage, and a Gen VII Stage, I don’t know any other stages to add.

Part of me really wishes that this game didn’t release so early, there is so much upcoming Switch content that can be good for Smash but it’s gonna be relegated to DLC, while there is little from last generation to add that isn’t in Smash already.

But at the same time, I like that there are more fan favorites this time.

Last edited:

SlickWylde

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1349-5237-9158
How would you guys feel if instead of just adding 007, they added something like "Bond 64" and it was his design (with old looking polygons, but still looks nice) from N64. So it's not James Bond from the movies, but the specific N64 version of the character? I could see Sakurai doing something like that tbh.

King Sonnn DeDeDoo

Smash Champion
What do you think will be a series that won't get a character in Ultimate, but might get it stage and other things like items and trophies. In the past we had animal crossing, wrecking crew, and Tomodachi Life get stages, but no actual playable characters.

Murlough

Euphoria
NNID
Murl0ugh
3DS FC
4828-8253-7746
Yeah, no ****. That's what I'm trying to do. I apologized in a PM lets just move on and let what happens happen.

EDIT: He wasn't just talking about me in case that was exceedingly clear.
I hope there are some new stages. Maybe at least one new stage per franchise.
I can't think of one particular spot for Gen 7 tbh. I don't really want another Pokemon League.

What do you think will be a series that won't get a character in Ultimate, but might get it stage and other things like items and trophies. In the past we had animal crossing, wrecking crew, and Tomodachi Life get stages, but no actual playable characters.
Hopefully, Minecraft.

CHILDREN. :glare:
Yes, those who come in and call people children are the REAL adults. Good job doing gods work you astounding adult you. I'm so sorry I attempted to talk things out and understand the other person like a mere child does.

Just.....wtf man? What moral high ground do you have to stand on with a comment like that?

Last edited:

RandomAce

Smash Champion
Tetris is a perfect.

A Tetris stage is long overdue.

SquashiniKun

Smash Ace
QUESTION!

If Smash Ultimate gets a Flat Zone 3, What Game and Watch games would you like to see in it?

Last edited:

PlayerOneTyler

Sr. Community Manager, Smashboards Editor / Social
CHILDREN. :glare:

Hello, yes, I am very excited about Super Smash Bros. Ultimate. Inklings look dope af, and I'm regretting not trying them at E3. I got greedy and tried to win and picked Marth, lul.

Pacack

Super Pac-Fan
NNID
Pacack
3DS FC
0688-5284-6845
What do I expect, or what do I want?

Want:
Nintendo Land
Tetris Stage
House (Chibi-Robo)
Mansion (Mappy)
something from Advance Wars
Rhythm Heaven Remix Stage
Art Academy
Panel de Pon stage
Greenhouse (Donkey Kong 3)
Murasame Castle
Hanafuda Stage

Expect:
Maybe Nintendo Land? Maybe?

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
I can't think of one particular spot for Gen 7 tbh. I don't really want another Pokemon League.
I would like to see Aether Paradise. It would take place in the Conservation Area. That's where the Ultra Wormhole first appears and also where you first encounter Nihilego. I was thinking maybe the Ultra Wormhole would open in the background and a random Ultra Beast would come out and be a stage hazard and then return to the Ultra Wormhole.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom