• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Jetsurge

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-2536-8732-7990
This Expresso weapon is in the Mario Rabbids DK dlc. The older DKC characters like K. Rool aren't off limits by Nintendo like some people seem to think.

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
Gonna be honest I thought :ultpokemontrainer: coming back was a bad idea because i liked :4charizard: by himself.

However, now that all the weird red tape is gone I think this might be the better path, still miss Mega Chairzard X but Mewtwo is hold down that front which makes more sense seeing how it was the first Pokemon in the media to do so. There's also :ultlucario:
I just wish they didn't force you to switch with Pokémon Trainer when you lose a stock, in that way Pokémon Trainer's introduction wouldn't have brought any negatives other than the removal of Rock Smash, and Squirtle and Ivysaur would also be playable as solo characters for the first time. A neat suggestion I read was to let us switch Pokémon on the respawn platform, in that way you have both options.

Jetsurge

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-2536-8732-7990
And that's why I rather have Porky than Ninten.
View attachment 149091
Because having Ness without bagpack and with the cap looking at the opposite side is not an interesting character.
If they want to add a Mother 1 rep I rather have Giegue, he reminds me of mewtwo but is different enough to be his own character AND have his own moveset.
They could just give him a redesign like with Ice Climbers and Duck Hunt Duo.
Something like this fanmade one -
1529418121307.png

Last edited:

WaddleMatt

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW 5950 1333 3717
A bit late to the Waluigi talk but I swear people are just jumping on the bandwagon and saying stuff like how they are sad about Waluigi just for attention/memes. Before this, there was not nearly as many people asking for Waluigi, nevermind toxic people.

Last edited:

Staarih

Smash Master
On a brighter note, I'm guessing all echoes will have amiibos?
They confirmed Daisy is getting one in the Treehouse, so yeah.

I’m more interested in the returning vet amiibo (Snake, Wolf, Pichu etc) whichI assume will be a thing.

Last edited:

Sharkarat

Gibdo Knight
3DS FC
3754-7599-5366
All I need is a
Morpho Knight
skin and I will be happy.
I really hope for that one too.
Porky's model from brawl is in the source filmmaker workshop, you can pose the model in any way:
I can't model and like I said, for it to work you would need to change stuff like how much of the mech he fills (like my photoshop) and the Size/proportions of the Legs.

Imadethistoseealeak

Smash Champion
I just wish they didn't force you to switch with Pokémon Trainer when you lose a stock, in that way Pokémon Trainer's introduction wouldn't have brought any negatives other than the removal of Rock Smash, and Squirtle and Ivysaur would also be playable as solo characters for the first time. A neat suggestion I read was to let us switch Pokémon on the respawn platform, in that way you have both options.
You can switch Pokemon on the respawn platform! I don't have evidence right now but there's definitely footage of it. And because it's so quick now it's not really a problem. They definitely listened to fans and made the perfect Pokemon Trainer this time.

EDIT: So the closest I've found is the Zero and Armada match from the invitational. But it looks like he just switches as he falls from the platform. I could've sworn people confirmed it via footage, has anyone else seen it? Super my bad if I'm wrong.

Last edited:

Zeox

Smash Champion
They could just give him a redesign like with Ice Climbers and Duck Hunt Duo.
Something like this fanmade one -
More like Ridley redesign, because i think Ice climbers and duck hunt duo looks the same as their games.
You could redesign him like that (dunno why he looks french) but it would still have the same moveset from Ness, and even if everyone is crazy for more Echo character, I'm not.
I can't model and like I said, for it to work you would need to change stuff like how much of the mech he fills (like my photoshop) and the Size/proportions of the Legs.
I can do that in SourceFilmmaker, remove the glass, make the mecha smaller but leave porky the same size as ness, and also that, put ness form smash 4 with him to compare (can't now, i'm not in my house, but i could totally do it)

DutchPichu

Smash Journeyman
I actually really love the new stock icons!

My "tier" list:

S - I want to play them NOW!
:ultcloud::ulticeclimbers::ultridley::ultsnake::ultvillager::ultwiifittrainer:

A - I will enjoy playing as them!
:ultbayonetta::ultfalcon::ultinkling::ultkirby::ultlink::ultmewtwo::ultpichu::ultsheik::ultpokemontrainer::ultshulk::ultsonic::ultyounglink::ultzss:

B - I will give them a shot!
:ultbowser::ultbowserjr::ultcorrin::ultdiddy::ultduckhunt::ultike::ultmiifighters::ultgnw::ultpalutena::ultpeach::ultdaisy::ultpikachu::ultpit::ultdarkpit::ultrob::ultrobin:ultroy::ultryu::ultsamus::ulttoonlink::ultwario::ultyoshi::ultzelda:

C - Don't bother playing as these.
:ultdk::ultdoc::ultfalco::ultfox::ultganondorf::ultgreninja::ultjigglypuff::ultkingdedede::ultlittlemac::ultlucario::ultlucas::ultluigi::ultmario::ultmarth::ultlucina::ultmegaman::ultmetaknight::ultness::ultolimar::ultpacman::ultrosalina::ultwolf:

Tornado_Man

Smash Lord
NNID
FireMegaBuster
I actually really love the new stock icons!

My "tier" list:

S - I want to play them NOW!
:ultcloud::ulticeclimbers::ultridley::ultsnake::ultvillager::ultwiifittrainer:

A - I will enjoy playing as them!
:ultbayonetta::ultfalcon::ultinkling::ultkirby::ultlink::ultmewtwo::ultpichu::ultsheik::ultpokemontrainer::ultshulk::ultsonic::ultyounglink::ultzss:

B - I will give them a shot!
:ultbowser::ultbowserjr::ultcorrin::ultdiddy::ultduckhunt::ultike::ultmiifighters::ultgnw::ultpalutena::ultpeach::ultdaisy::ultpikachu::ultpit::ultdarkpit::ultrob::ultrobin:ultroy::ultryu::ultsamus::ulttoonlink::ultwario::ultyoshi::ultzelda:

C - Don't bother playing as these.
:ultdk::ultdoc::ultfalco::ultfox::ultganondorf::ultgreninja::ultjigglypuff::ultkingdedede::ultlittlemac::ultlucario::ultlucas::ultluigi::ultmario::ultmarth::ultlucina::ultmegaman::ultmetaknight::ultness::ultolimar::ultpacman::ultrosalina::ultwolf:
My "tier" list:

S - I want to play them NOW! :ultmegaman::ultmario::ultganondorf::ultluigi::ultdoc::ultdk::ultdiddy::ultcorrin::ultcloud::ultfalcon::ultbowserjr::ultbowser::ultbayonetta::ultlucina::ultmetaknight::ultmewtwo::ultmiifighters::ultgnw::ultness::ultolimar::ultpacman::ultpalutena::ultpeach::ultdaisy::ultpichu::ultpikachu::ultsheik::ultpit::ultdarkpit::ultpokemontrainer::ultridley::ultrob::ultrobin:ultrosalina::ultroy::ultryu::ultsamus::ultshulk::ultsnake::ultsonic::ulttoonlink::ultvillager::ultwario::ultwiifittrainer::ultwolf::ultyoshi::ultyounglink::ultzelda::ultzss::ultduckhunt::ultfalco::ultfox::ultgreninja::ulticeclimbers::ultike::ultinkling::ultjigglypuff::ultkingdedede::ultkirby::ultlink::ultlittlemac::ultlucario::ultlucas::ultmarth:

Everybody looks fun to me.

StrangeMann

Smash Ace
I feel like the Waluigi crazies who are attacking Sakurai's twitter are actively hurting their cause and it sucks seeing Sakurai harassed like that after all he's done for the game. The fact he's being personally stalked and harassed over social media over one of the few characters he DIDNT add (after all of the other ones he did) is upsetting.
I feel like some popular youtubers who were suggesting the Waluigi assist trophy was a hoax could have accidentally contributed to this, and there should really be a post on R/smashbros or some youtubers calling out the people who do this. It's just outright being a scumbag to send Sakurai terrorist memes just because he didn't add waluigi after giving pretty much every other mario character instead.

P.Kat

Smash Champion
Don't know if this has been posted here yet (holy **** there's a lot of people here what are we all doin' havin a party? Am I invited)? But uh

I stole this from a Discord.
Go at it
Ha, easy peasy: :ultsheik::ultlucina::ultcorrin::ultinkling::ultlucario:
Let's say a Monster Hunter is the final character in Ultimate. What would it be like? Costume wise I expect to see a lot of armor as costumes and both genders. Perhaps the default outfit would be Rathalos armor. I wouldn't mind bone armor being a costume. And about moves I can assume they would utilize a few weapons and use others in custom moves. The base weapon would probably be either a buster sword, duel blades or sword and shield. They could use the grappling hook to grab and tether recover. Their recover could be pole-vaulting with the insect glaive. They could shoot with a bow, light bow gun or heavy bow gun as a neutral B. Their side B would maybe involve the Kinsect, they would send the Kinsect to hit the opponent and when it comes back it gives one of four buffs randomly: speed, knockback, defense or recovering a bit of health. Their down B could be slamming a hammer into the ground burying opponents or breaking shields. Their final smash will have Rathalos appear and attack the opponents. As for the Palico it could be an assist trophy helping the player who summoned it by fighting, setting traps and healing the player with vigorwasp. As for a stage I can think of a few. The first being a traveling stage around the main map of one of the games (likely the New World from MH World), or on the back of Zorah Magdaros for something different. Maybe Rathalos' nest from World. As for items I wouldn't mind if something like animals that can have an effect on the battle. For example: Paratoad. If you hit it it will release a cloud that will paralyze foes who get in it. Also a lot of the trophies can be monsters from the games like Gore Magala or Ahtal-Ka.

Edit: Just realized using the Wingdrake to recover could also work.
Just give me the Tobi-Kadachi armor as a costume and I'm a happy guy.
First Ridley
Then K.Rool
Then Shantae
Then Bandana Waddle Dee
And now Waluigi

It's always the chill fanbases that go bat**** insane.

Absolutely unacceptable. These people deserve public callouts from everyone.
Wait, the Shantae, and Bandana Dee fanbase did this too? I almost find that surprising, almost considering there's always a few certain fans who go over the top. I hope the Lyn and Krystal fanbase are acting with more tact and maturity.

Last edited:

Murlough

Euphoria
NNID
Murl0ugh
3DS FC
4828-8253-7746
I hate to be that guy but I don't know why anyone is surprised. It's 2018. This kind of thing has been happening for a long time.

It sucks but its what should be expected. There are no repercussions for doing it so why wouldn't they? Just let them be the bottomfeeders they are, block them, and don't give them attention. Thats all they want.

KMDP

Smash Legend
The worst part about those guys is that their conduct reflects poorly on all of us.

Last edited:

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
This Expresso weapon is in the Mario Rabbids DK dlc. The older DKC characters like K. Rool aren't off limits by Nintendo like some people seem to think.

What does the weapon have to do with K. Rool? We've already seen him in some Wii-era spinoffs. We should already have him not being off-limits as common knowledge. No offense. :confused:

Iridium

Smash Hero
Not saying this will happen, but what if Sakurai cut Waluigi from the game completely because of this? I personally do not care for Waluigi, as there are a lot more memorable characters out there, but those who really want him are seriously going to break down.

KMDP

Smash Legend
Not saying this will happen, but what if Sakurai cut Waluigi from the game completely because of this? I personally do not care for Waluigi, as there are a lot more memorable characters out there, but those who really want him are seriously going to break down.
While I wouldn't be surprised, all things considered; I sincerely doubt it. Sakurai's not that petty.

Last edited:

MasterofMonster

Smash Master
Yeah, I love Waluigi (he was my second most-wanted purple character) and I went "Dang!" when I saw him instantly disconfirmed, but holy hell at some of those posts on Sakurai's page. He is killing himself putting everything he can in every game he makes, not everyone can be in the game. I do not tend to say things like 'real fans', but yeah, people doing that are not real Smash or Waluigi fans.

Waluigi is a cool and fun character that lacks any major appearances, and I am sure he'll get his time in the limelight some day.

monadoboy

Smash Lord
A bit late to the Waluigi talk but I swear people are just jumping on the bandwagon and saying stuff like how they are sad about Waluigi just for attention/memes. Before this, there was not nearly as many people asking for Waluigi, nevermind toxic people.
I get an awful feeling that many of those clamoring for Waluigi now are just going to get the game and play it two weeks before dropping it and stop caring because the meme is not funny anymore, even if Waluigi got in the game. I never liked Waluigi, but I tolerated him as the filler character that he was.
Like, I get people can like Waluigi for whatever reason, but because "le funny justice for wahh meme" is the worst possible reason ever. Memes and video games DO NOT mix at all, specially if devs want the game to last.

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
Doubt that will happen since that would be a waste of time and resources. Sakurai is doing the right thing by just blocking and ignoring the trolls that are harassing him over there.

Last edited:

AlphaSSB

Bring Back Star Fox
3DS FC
0018-1370-8449
Switch FC
0691-1639-9303
Don't know if this has been posted here yet (holy **** there's a lot of people here what are we all doin' havin a party? Am I invited)? But uh

I stole this from a Discord.
Go at it
:ultwolf: - Glad to have my favorite back, and I'm anxious to see how good he is this time around.
:ultfox: - My main before Wolf. Hoping he remains in the higher tiers.
:ultfalco: - Always been my backup. His nerfs in Smash 4 certainly hurt, so hopefully he'll climb the tiers again.
:ultganondorf: - Genuinely excited to see the changes with his moveset. And based off clips I've seen, he seems faster too.
:ultike: - Another fun powerhouse character I've enjoyed playing as since Brawl. Don't like Fire Emblem, but Ike is great.

KMDP

Smash Legend
people doing that are not real Smash or Waluigi fans.
I was considering saying something to that effect too. The way they're acting, they likely don't really like Smash, if one character is enough to make them harass the creator like that.

Last edited:

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
I was one of the biggest Waluigi obsessors back when my activeness on the site peaked, but yeah this is a pretty bad representative of people who wanted Waluigi, including me. The interview some people post about it is from 3 years ago, but it's more evident of it being repeated now more than anything. People are dumb and those dumb people just """like""" wah that much for some reason.

I feel like people who are actively wanting Waluigi in a pacifistic way are going to get hate in their face because they think they're associated with this stuff, and it's a bad chain reaction that I don't think will end well in the future. Maybe I should switch my most wanted newcomer to Golisopod and say I hate Waluigi, nobody can say I'm a ******* then. :4jigglypuff:

MasterofMonster

Smash Master
I was considering saying something to that effect too. The way they're acting, they likely don't really like Smash, if one character is enough to make them harass the creator like that.
Indeed. Again, I do not like saying 'real fans' and such, I know that is usually a bad thing, but yeah, the only thing you are doing by posting highly inappropriate pictures and posts to Sakurai of all people, just because one not-very-important character did not make it in and just happend to be used as an example on how you can KO a assist trophy, then, yeah, you are not a 'real' fan. You are literally only being a **** to the creator, as well as the sane Waluigi fans.

So much negativity. We will get the biggest Smash game in history, everyone should be happy. We even got Ridley.

Now we just need a speedos costume for Male Corrin, and I am all set.

KMDP

Smash Legend
Now we just need a speedos costume for Male Corrin, and I am all set.
Hell, why stop there?

Bikinis for all the girls (including Jigglypuff) and Swimming Trunks/Speedos for all the guys (I mean, Mario's already exists now.)

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

everyone should be happy.
Not to disagreee with your point about Waluigi, but... I'm gonna have to disagree on that one in particular.
Sure, there was clearly a lot of effort put into the game, everyone back, Ridley is in, etc. But that doesn't mean everyone has be happy about the game.
While I do think the game is going to be great either way, I know for a fact that I will not be buying this game at all if a certain character makes it in.
Does it justify being a **** to the creator? Of course not.
Is it valid? Yes. Not everyone has to be happy about everything, and they have a right to choose how to spend their money.
Just sayin.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom