• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

MamaLuigi123456

Smash Champion

Skyblade12

Banned via Warnings
3DS FC
1547-6378-0895
Wait. A Bandana Dee amiibo was leaked?

Is the Kirby series even function as an amiibo line anymore? Didn't they just do one wave of those?

Does Star Allies have amiibo compatibility?
Blue Pikmin said:
NantenJex recently DMed memoryman3 on the matter and memory said Daisy, Waluigi, and Boo amiibo data was all bugged in Wooly World. Apparently, he said every amiibo is listed as having multiple, but a glitch caused this to be missed on Daisy, Waluigi, and Boo. Daisy was later updated in a patch to work with multiple amiibo but not the other two, which is odd. It is more of a lucky coincidence than pointing to Dee, as of now. So the amiibo theory is bogus.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
I checked Ryu's page. It also has "Other Fighters From The Series" in the coding. It might be a placeholder to make the pages flow super easily. Let me check some other ones.

TheSpitefulWolf

Smash Journeyman
oh an on a side note **** 'echo fighters' terminology. call them clones and own it you ****ing cowards. there's nothing inherently derogative about the ****ing word.

MoonlitIllusion

Smash Champion
oh an on a side note **** 'echo fighters' terminology. call them clones and own it you ****ing cowards. there's nothing inherently derogative about the ****ing word.
To be fair, clones also refers to characters like Pichu and Doctor Mario, then there's semi-clones as well like lucas and roy, having a specific word attached to what is essentially a glorified alternate costume with their own slot more easily clarifies what they're meant to be. Since they're no longer really counted as separate characters people seem to feel better about them

Last edited:

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
I'd still like to know where people are seeing the series logos on the 'display by series' page.

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
inb4 its on every page

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
I'd still like to know where people are seeing the series logos on the 'display by series' page.
Go to any Fighter page. Right-click and choose page source.

Every single page I've seen has that line, including "one-series". It means nothing, probably.

inb4 its on every page
Seems to be the case? See my text earlier in this post.

papagenos

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-0554-8947-9778
Wait, what?
i posted this link earlier: https://gamefaqs.gamespot.com/boards/234547-super-smash-bros-ultimate/76514442

and essentially this is what its saying:

"supposedly memoryman3 on gamefaqs, 2 months ago they data mined Amiibo info for yoshis woolly world and found that Amiibos with multiple versions like mario (mario/wedding mario/smash mario) have different data than those that have only one Amiibo such as goomba.

Daisy mysteriously had data with room for multiple Amiibo in her code while Waluigi who was right next to her in the code but did not. Well we now KNOW Daisy is in smash and Waluigi is only an assist trophy so it makes sense Daisy has data for more than one Amiibo, she will be getting a smash amiibo.

There was one OTHER character in the Amiibo code data who had the same mysterious style data as Daisy, having only one Amiibo yet released but data preparing it for future Amiibo releases:

Waddle Dee.

This confirms Waddle Dee will be getting another Amiibo released soon and I cant think of any OTHER games that would happen for on the foreseeable horizon BUT Smash."

i have since learned that memoryman3 is somewhat fanatical about daisy getting in smash (i did not know about this person myself when i initially posted the amiibo thing) and so this might not be a reliable source then BluePikmin11 posted this response about it:

"NantenJex recently DMed memoryman3 on the matter and memory said Daisy, Waluigi and Boo amiibo data was all bugged in Wooly World. Apparently, he said every amiibo is listed as having multiple, but a glitch caused this to be missed on Daisy, Waluigi and Boo. Daisy was later updated in a patch to work with multiple amiibo but not the other two, which is odd. It is more of a lucky coincidence than pointing to Dee, as of now. So the amiibo theory is bogus. "

So take it as you will I personally think it actually DOES add some weight to waddle dee since daisy IS in smash and getting an amiibo while waluigi is not, but im not going to say it totally confirms waddle dee.

NOW I just found on 4chan someone claiming that in the official smash website data the animal crossing category has data listed as if it is a series with multiple fighters. the series apparently have different types of data a series like zelda which has multiple characters is shown one way while a series with one character like game and watch is listed in a different way.

the poster said:
"There was one anomaly however. For the html on the website under the other fighters section, all of the series with fighters were listed as:

<p class="fighter-series__header-txt">Other Fighters From This Series</p>

All of the series with a solo fighter were listed as:

<div id="fighter-series-list" class="is-series-list-empty"></div>

All of them except Animal Crossing

https://imgtc.com/i/WiwKWQo.png

It has a section for "Other Fighters From This Series"

No other solo fighter series says this. "

And i'll just end with somewhat of a disclaimer that I'm just hunting for leaks so if any of this stuff is FALSE i'm just relaying info im finding and trying to figure out who might be in the game.

Skyblade12

Banned via Warnings
3DS FC
1547-6378-0895
Go to the "Display by Series" page. Look at the series' logo. Then look in the background behind the logo. Ta da!

Nohbl

Smash Journeyman
Why does no one know how to pronounce Japanese?
Mango aka Mr.Nintendo story at the Super Smash Bros. Invitational
>sa-koo-rai

Last edited:

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Hmm. So basically it seems to be on every page Verde Coeden Scalesworth Verde Coeden Scalesworth ?
Eeeeeyup. Though to be fair, I thought somebody said they found something else from "by series" page itself? I don't know what that's about. But every single character page so far(I've checked at least 10 of them, unique series alike) has the same thing.

It's quite possible they copy-pasted a ton of code and will eventually fix it up. I mean, they have Olimer on Olimar's page and all, so...

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
Go to any Fighter page. Right-click and choose page source.
Nah on the 'display by series' page, not in the code on a fighter page.

Go to the "Display by Series" page. Look at the series' logo. Then look in the background behind the logo. Ta da!
I'm so confused, you might have to screencap it.

Edit: omg if you guys have been talking about the series icons the whole time

Last edited:

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
To clarify guys...

The poster isn't saying things like the Mushroom or Triforce or the Pokeball.

He means stuff like this.

As in the title of each series.

Characters from series with multiple characters have these right on the page.

Characters from series who only have one character don't.

Last edited:

papagenos

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-0554-8947-9778
If its on every page than total false alarm, my apologies I am merely looking for leaks and passing the info around.

Glad to get this sort of stuff deconfirmed though so thank you to those of you who looked into this further.

Venus of the Desert Bloom

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
Why does no one know how to pronounce Japanese?
Mango aka Mr.Nintendo story at the Super Smash Bros. Invitational
>sa-koo-rai
Same reason why some Japanese people can’t pronounce correctly in English. Different languages.

And that’s not me being racist, it’s me being an English teacher in Japan for the past 8 years.

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
To clarify guys...

The poster isn't saying things like the Mushroom or Triforce or the Pokeball.

He means stuff like this.

As in the title of each series.

Characters from series with multiple characters have these right on the page.

Characters from series who only have one character don't.
Yes and to add to that, choosing to view the fighters by series displays the logos for all the series, including those with only one character.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Oh. Well, then I don't know how to work with the data. I can just confirm the text I spoke of is on every character page. That's all.

mario123007

HELLO, YOU HAVE ENTERED THE DUNK ZONE
NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
Well.... this post was late than I expected lol...
Actually I think I am going to treat them that way. Looking over the fighter videos, ZSS and Snake have a similar amount of likes as everyone else, they just have an absurd amount of dislikes. Nobody else has that kind of ratio, which means a bunch of people were so upset that they specifically sought out those two UNLISTED videos just to slap a dislike on there. That level of outrage over a character getting designed in a way that is more accurate to who she is is pathetic.
If you really treat them that way, then you might have some issues when having some discussion with people who think otherwise, just saying.
Bruh, once again, disliking the video doesn't mean they are outrage.

Also most Smash Bros trailers have their comments disabled, just something to mention (I'm pretty sure you already know lol)

Although I do take it back, I'm not in the minority. Search for Samus on Twitter and you'll find legions of people praising the redesign, far more then the amount that are disliking this video. Which makes sense really, only silly people that are outraged over these changes would go to such lengths over something like this.
Yeah... you also should realize most Twitter users used to complain about XC2 back in the day as well... which again is pretty dumb as well.

All I see the most was they praise her buffed legs lol.

Last edited:

papagenos

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-0554-8947-9778
SERIESLOGOS.png

OK so it is THIS that apparently Animal Crossing HAS data for!

Please someone check and confirm this! ALL the series with multiple characters have this info on the website (like pokemon) while characters from series without multiple reps (like game and watch) do not.

Please check the data on villager for an animal crossing logo anyone who is capable of doing that.

Godzillathewonderdog

Smash Master
For me I tend to want characters who I think are deserving.

K. Rool and Dixie are probably the only character absences that will make me upset at this point. I would really like Cranky and Funky as well, but K. Rool and Dixie would be satisfactory enough.

Captain Toad is probably my most wanted non DK character, but Toad being more involved in Peach's moveset satisfies me to the point where I won't be upset by his absence.

Now that we have Daisy it would have been nice to have Waluigi as well, it kind of feels incomplete without him.

Paper Mario would be cool, but I can live with not having another version of Mario. Geno would also be cool, but his absence from the series is completely understandable.

I still really like Decidueye, but part of the appeal of him to me was having a fighter with a grass based moveset and completing the starter type triangle, which we now have represented with Ivysaur, so his absence won't upset me.

I've grown to like Ashley quite a bit more recently thanks to her appearances in the Badge Arcade and other media, but Wario being the sole representive of his series is perfectly ok in my book, I'm fine with her being an assist trophy.

I really wanted Toon Zelda for a while, because I wanted a more cutesy version of Zelda, but we kind of have that now with LBW Zelda, so I don't need her.

I really like the idea of Elma for various reasons, but I don't really have any personal attachment to her, so I won't be too bothered if she doesn't end up making it in.

I love Rhythm Heaven and would love a character from it, (namely Chorus Kids) but seeing how it's a series that doesn't have a proper main character I can accept their not being a playable character from it, though I really hope they at least add a stage, an assist trophy and some more music.

Takamaru would have been really cool, but I can understand why they won't include him and I have accepted it for now (please make him relevant by giving him a new game Nintendo).

Spring Man would be awesome, but I get that he's probably too new, and I'm sure he'll make it into the series either as DLC or in the next game, so I'm not in a rush to have him in Smash.

Bandana Dee and Impa are two characters I think are deserving, but just never found interesting.

As far as 3rd party characters go the current lineup we have is phenomenal, I'm happy with what we have, and don't need anyone else to be satisfied; though the idea of Simon and Crash in Smash is really appealing.

And I really want Tingle just for the lols. I also really want Shadow as an echo fighter for similar reasons.

The rest are just personal favorites I've given up hope for like Chibi-Robo.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom